Start by marking “Mated by Midsummer (Stratton Wolves, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mated by Midsummer (Stratton Wolves, #1)

Mated by Midsummer

(Stratton Wolves #1)

Ten years ago, werewolf Kelli Copeland ran from Stratton to avoid being claimed by the new pack alpha, Max Daniels. Since then, she's made a life for herself in the city, free of the pack and living amongst the humans. Happy with her life, she's never thought of going back, until her brother decides to get married. Now she has to go back, but surely a decade is enough for ...more
Published September 25th 2014 by Blue Hedgehog Press (first published June 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Mated by Midsummer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mated by Midsummer

Marta Cox
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Well if you are in the mood for a sexy shifter story than this should easily fit the bill. Kelli took exception to the new Alpha Max declaring he was going to claim her and has spent the last ten years well away from her Pack . Still she does care when her baby brother is getting married so returns pretty much convinced that big, bad Max has forgotten about her and got himself a family of his own. Kelli has no idea how much Max has wanted her to return and there's absolutely no way he intends to ...more
Ivy Deluca
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: shifter-romances
First book features Max, Stratton wolves alpha and Kelli, his fated mate. But she wanted it to be her choice. Max was going to claim her, Kelli said hells no, so she ran away. For 10 years. But when her brother’s wedding comes along, she decides to come back. And Max isn’t letting her go. And then shifter romance happens.

The Good, The Bad and Everything In Between

-Amazon freebie pickup
-short story (74 pgs), so quick read
-Does it count as insta-love if they’ve known each other forever? There’s no
Coco.V
Nov 29, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/29/2017)! 💝
Emily
Ten years ago wolf shifter Kelli Copeland left home after finding out new pack alpha Max Daniels planned to mate with her. Kelli has not been back since but now her brothers wedding is on the horizon and she is back. She figured Max would be married by now with a bunch of mini Max's but she couldn't be more wrong. Max has been waiting for Kelli to come back and he plans to mate with her, he just needs to get her to understand he is everything she needs and more.

Fun quicky, had romance and action
Jenny Prose
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Paranormal Romance Short Story

Very good paranormal romance story featuring one POV about wolf shifters. It was a quick and easy read. Moeller written and easy to read.
Þórey Jónsdóttir
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Meh. It’s a quick read, didn’t hate it but didn’t like it either.
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 3 Mated by Midsummer Stars ~

Mated by Midsummer is book one in the Stratton Wolves series by Mina Carter.

I picked this one up as a freebie and as I’m writing this review. I am realizing it was not as good as I felt it was. I enjoyed Mated by Midsummer, but it was not outstanding.

Max knows what he wants and won’t let Kelli run again. Kelli is a strong independent female who is not sure what she wants.

Max and Kelli know each other from growing up. It’s kinda an insta-love story, but kinda
zoegrl
Max & Kelli were destined to be together, he knew that as far back as when they were kids. Waiting for her to come back, ten long years, he was grateful that she had.

Gotta love just how committed shifters are. If only humans took things as serious. Wow that was melancholy, huh? :-) But then that's why we read these Hot reads!! Right? The great sex & intense love.

Enjoy!! I did.
SheLove2Read
Nov 13, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Good but not great. Parts of it felt a little rushed and the heroine's turnaround from running away to accepting him as her mate happened so fast I thought I had missed something.
Delta
Dec 09, 2014 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Delta by: eReaderIQ.com
Free 12-09-14 (PNR Short)
Jan
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kelli left all of Stratton behind 10yrs ago. She wants to only attend her brother’s wedding and then leave. But Max, the alpha has plans for her. He has wanted her for his own for 10yrs and he plans to make it happen.

Kelli leaving because she wasn’t given a choice, ok understandable. Mas was being the Alpha and just stated she was it. He didn’t even romance her or let her know how he felt. First mistake for him. NOW, he has to fix all that to win her over. I thought when he overheard her convers
Melanie Lear
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much and the lead characters. Max is a sexy pack leader who has only ever wanted to claim his woman, Kellie as his mate. This story lost a star because I felt the story needed to be longer, so much more could have been added to make this a really great book and there was also some spelling errors and some unnecessary use of vulgar words during the sex scenes that did make me cringe. But, that doesn't alter the fact this was a good read and I couldn't put it down until I ...more
Book Snob Sue
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved Max, such a great guy...the fact that he was a total badass helped...just sayin. I didn’t like all the years they spent apart. 10 years is a long time to be away from your true mate and I never like couples to be separated...makes me sad. Kelli is back for her little brothers wedding and then Max is there trying to get her back and to stay. But you get a good story, lots of chemistry, hot as hell alpha...literally, he’s the alpha😉, a little crazy drama from one of the female pack members, ...more
Dar
Coming back home to meet your destiny? No, that isn't why Kelli came home, she is determined to make her own choices in life. Max is too, that she make her choices, but he wants her to choose him, same as before. She won't give him a chance, even with all those sexy sparks going off between them. Once Kelli gets her mind in motion, and sees Max for the man and the wolf he is, things are on track. Just a couple of trouble makers to set aside, and then this destined couple can be together!
Sara Luck
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book, but Kelli got on my nerves. The whole thing about it not being her choice to be mated to max??? Ummm...he kept giving her a choice over and over again. It took until almost the end for her to figure it out. Also, it bugged me that it was never clear exactly what her occupation was...she has a PA but that's all we know, so what happened to her career? I know it's silly, and not a big deal, but that's where my mind goes.
Rickie
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a first time read for me from this author and I am really glad I did. A hot alpha wolf who waited 10 years for the one woman he claimed. The chemistry was explosive, the characters on point, and kicking some ass never hurt .... well not much. However, you need to read this book....heck read the series since I'm a believer that the next one will be just as good. Maybe even have Max and Kelli do a cameo into the storyline. Kudos to Carter!
darlene.  wilson
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Waiting For The True Mate

I loved this book. Once I started, I couldn't put it down. Max was patient with Kellie and that made all the difference in them getting together. If he had forced her, she would have never have been fully his or happy. She came to him on her own and realized that he was her everything. What a love story.
Cynthia L. Turner
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Max and Kelli

What a couple 💑! Max and Kelli have known each other since childhood. When Max decided to claim Kelli, she literally runs away! When Kelli returns for her brother, Riley's wedding things heat up between them. The chase is on between Max and Kelli with surprising results. Good 👍 read and a great start to the series!
Katie
This was a nice, quick little shifter book to read. It was well written and I was easily able to read it in one sitting. The story flowed well and the characters were likeable. I think I would have liked the book more though if the story had been quite a bit longer and more had happened between the main characters.
Gemma
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read

This was a good read, it's easy and quick so you sit down for some much needed "Me" time. It gives you a dominant Alpha Male who won't let his mate get away a second time and a feisty She Wolf who's not afraid to back down and show throat willingly.
Will be reading more of Mina very soon, much love too Mina.
Debra Johnson
This one had a few editing errors and typos, but nothing that interfered with the flow and enjoyment of the story.
I always enjoy reading Mina Carter's writing. Somehow she can pack more in her shorts than a LOT of authors can do in 400+ page novels.
Filled with action and great characters.
A quick, fun read.
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Max has always loved Kelli for longer then she’s been gone, as in he wanted her when they were young but she is Independant to the max and he is a bit of a true alpha, wants her no matter what she wants, she .is. His.but there is another she wolf that wants Max and she’ll do anything to get rid of the competition. Does Max love Kelli to die by her side as a true bonded mates ??
MJ
Bit of a waste. Should have been a book instead of a short story. Standard miscommunication, unanswered questions and skipped stuff. I'd like to read the next book just cause I really liked the snippet we saw of the new H, but I won't bother with another 'chapter book', especially if I'm expected to pay and not have a full rounded story.
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Kelli ran away from Max because she heard he planned on mating with her. When she goes back for her brothers wedding she is determined to stay away from Max. Max, on the other hand, doesn't plan on letting her get away again.

I usually love Mina Carter, but this one missed the mark for me. Kelli gave in to Max so quickly that it dodn't even make sense that she left in the first place.
BJ
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: just-ok
Just 3 stars, a novella length story about a strong alpha H, and his mate who ran from him in spite of being very attracted to him. She decided she wasn't ready but ended up staying away for 10 years. That seemed too long considering how quickly they hooked up, no significant others. The evil OW was out of place. Mostly well written, just needed more story.
Donna Langley
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I read it in one day! And have to say that I enjoyed it very much! The writing here is very good and from all points and people in here, I'm already attached to several here
Jane Elizabeth
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another...

Another exciting paranormal romance from Mina!
Kelli ran from Max ten years earlier, but now she was back for her brother's wedding and tried to stay out of his way.
That proved difficult!
Loved it!
Gwen
May 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable short story. There is a possessive jealous H and a h who ran from him ten years ago but has returned. The book is short so there really isn't much more to it but if you are looking for a safe, nice second chance with a bit of shifter, this would be it!
Kimberly
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This time forever

A really great shifter romance that brings the imagination alive. A town full of wolves and the Alpha wants only her even after 10 years his sights are set and she only needs to accept her feelings. Intense heat and wonderful descriptions that heat the blood.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Matter of Pride (Cougar Falls, #5)
  • Rescued? by the Wolf (Riverford Shifters Book 3)
  • Insatiable (Luecross Wolves, #2)
  • The Alpha (Vanguards, #2)
  • Mating Claire (Sea Island Wolves, #1)
  • Wolf's Run (Wolf's Trilogy, #1)
  • A Wolf's Claim (The Holiday Ball #1)
  • Jinx and Her Werewolf
  • Enchanted (Terran Times, #11)
  • Bonded by Need (Shifting Bonds, #2)
  • Hex Gone Wild (Hex and Sex, #2)
  • Taming Her Beast
  • Kiss and Kin (Werewolves in Love, #1)
  • Moonshine (Mystic Valley, #1)
  • Ball Of Furry (Ridgeville, #3)
  • Leashed by a Wolf (Shifters of Hillside, #1)
  • PRINCE OF DRAGONS (Orion Series Book 3)
  • Claimed by Wolves (Call of the Wolf, #1)
Mina was born and raised in the East Farthing of Middle Earth (otherwise known as the Midlands, England) and spend her childhood learning all the sorts of things generally required of a professional adventurer. Able to ride, box, shoot, make and read maps, make chainmail and use a broadsword (with varying degrees of efficiency) she was disgusted to find that adventuring is not considered a suitabl ...more

Stratton Wolves (3 books)
  • The Cougar and the Wolf (Stratton Wolves, #2)
  • Enforcer's Heart (Stratton Wolves, #3)
“Run.” His voice was low, the words a harsh plea. “Please… Run.” 0 likes