Start by marking “The Heal Your Gut Cookbook: Nutrient-Dense Recipes for Intestinal Health Using the GAPS Diet” as Want to Read:

With more than two hundred straightforward, nutrient-dense, and appealing recipes, The Heal Your Gut Cookbook was created by GAPS Diet experts Hilary Boynton and Mary G. Brackett to help heal your gut and to manage the illnesses that stem from it.

Developed by pioneering British MD Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride, who provides the book’s Foreword, Gut and Psychology Syndrome (GAPS) refers to disorders, includin/>

Developedrecipes, The

Published September 9th 2014 by Chelsea Green Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Heal Your Gut Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heal Your Gut Cookbook

Start your review of The Heal Your Gut Cookbook: Nutrient-Dense Recipes for Intestinal Health Using the GAPS Diet
Elizabeth Luscomb
Although this book did not work out for my family's lifestyle, I do highly recommend this book to others looking to heal their body with the use of food. The book is well written, educational, and beautifully illustrated. I think it can help many. :)

However...I purchased this book in hopes to heal my sons eczema.

The book is heavy on the meats and dairy. We don't enjoy eating very much meat, my son is allergic to eggs, and dairy happens to be what he is sensitive towards.

I ultimately changed o
Shannon Hayes
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In my line of work selling grassfed meat, I am always crossing paths with folks who are on a quest to regain their health through nutrient-dense foods. Those hardest hit by the effects of the Standard American Diet are often faced with the GAPS diet (an acronym for Gut And Psychology Syndrome). This diet is advocated for everything from diabetes and epilepsy to autism spectrum disorders, food sensitivities, celiac disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and myriad autoimmune diseases. The basic premise i ...more
Karen
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off, this is a very beautiful cookbook. The pictures are colorful, vibrant, and appropriately placed near the actual recipe.

The recipes and instructions are found on the same page. It drives me nuts when the ingredients to a recipe are on one page, and the directions are on a separate page.

From a general population perspective, this makes it easy to use.

Now if you follow GAPS, you will love this. If you are new to GAPS, and wonder what I am referring to, read the book to le
Tif
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a must have cook book for anyone using the GAPS diet or indeed just wishes to eat hearty homemade goodness which your body will thank you for.
Heather
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
Great honey BBQ sauce recipe
Adrianna
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The authors did an amazing job of taking a complex and confusing and unpalatable diet plan and organizing it in a way that made sense and had surprisingly appetizing recipes. The pictures are gorgeous, the anecdotes are helpful, and the lists of allowed foods for each stage are indispensable. They even detail how to make your own yogurt, almond/coconut flours, and nut butters. I highly recommend this cookbook for those interested in the GAPS Diet plan.
Sandra
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this cookbook! As I went through the initial stages of GAPS Intro, I referred to this book again and again for tips and recipes, and I continue to do so, even on the full GAPS diet. Some recipes I cook according to the instructions, some I use as a jumping off point for my own ideas, but all are helpful and delicious.
Mwalkes
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The information is explicit, easy to understand, and delightfully illustrated. A must have for people who realize they need to heal their gut. The GAPS book tells why one needs to heal their gut. This book tells how.
Jeanene
Apr 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of great information and recipes. I have a lot of sources and resources to help me learn more. This may be one to purchase eventually.
lia
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I'm not a good chef mama, with this book i. I'm able to serve things i never imagine before. Healthy yet yummy
Deidrah Reeves
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some recipies were not as strict as I wanted for the Intro Stages, but overall a very useful book. I bought a copy for my very own! The photos and instructions are easy to follow and very helpful.
Mary Curran
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent cookbook and rule book for the GAPS Diet. Wish I would have read this 30 years ago. Fantastic recipes and lists of what you can have at each f the 6 stages.
Karen
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
I think a lot of these recipes are for a beginner cook. The recipes I tried though, I liked.
Gretchen Davies
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great recipes, even some family not on GAPs liked the recipes.
Theresa
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful cook book,very informative and lots of great easy to make recipes. Not extravagant!
Tracey
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
not very allergy-friendly (many recipes use eggs, nuts, coconut, dairy) but perhaps this will help someone else.
Lindsay Burgess
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent resource for GAPS diet. The beginning sets you up with all of the essential knowledge in words and pictures to execute this way of eating and the recipes that follow. Love it!
Julie Gentile
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This cookbook includes engaging images and practical recipes to help heal the gut (and the body) and boost the good bacteria in the belly.
Gail Coffey
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very useful information and recipes. Recommend for anyone dealing with food allergies, especially gluten issues, but not limited to gluten.
Sian
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food-and-health
I liked this book. Good recipes and explanations of cooking methods. Full color pics of step by step directions for making broth, soaking nuts, making nut milk, fermenting, making butter, etc..
I think having this book on hand would be good for those who are pursuing a traditional foods diet or even for those meat eaters who have had a bout of the intestinal flu and need some gentle foods while healing. I would keep this on hand just for reference.
Laura Nichole
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nutrition-health
I will be utilizing this great resource on my gut-healing journey!!
Kathryn
Oct 14, 2019
Shannon Gillespie
Jan 04, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Gut and Psychology Syndrome: Natural Treatment for Autism, ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Depression, Schizophrenia
  • Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook That Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats
  • GAPS Guide: Simple Steps to Heal Bowels, Body, and Brain
  • Clean Gut: The Breakthrough Plan for Eliminating the Root Cause of Disease and Revolutionizing Your Health
  • Wild Fermentation: The Flavor, Nutrition, and Craft of Live-Culture Foods
  • Happy Gut
  • Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health
  • No Crumbs Left: Whole30 Endorsed, Recipes for Everyday Food Made Marvelous
  • The Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary Creativity, Based on the Wisdom of America's Most Imaginative Chefs
  • Superfood Smoothies: 100 Delicious, Energizing  Nutrient-dense Recipes
  • The Art of Fermentation: An in-Depth Exploration of Essential Concepts and Processes from Around the World
  • She's Not There: A Life in Two Genders
  • The Prince Warriors (The Prince Warriors, #1)
  • The Complete Book of Chalk Lettering: Create and Develop Your Own Style
  • The Animal Desk Reference: Essential Oils for Animals
  • Wicked Burn
  • Lucy Libido Says.....There's an Oil for That: A Girlfriend's Guide to Using Essential Oils Between the Sheets
  • Getting Noticed: A No-Nonsense Guide to Standing Out and Selling More for Momtrepreneurs Who 'Ain't Got Time for That'