Start by marking “The Road to Hope (Hope Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:

The Road to Hope (Hope Series Book 1)

Set in California’s northern wine country, The Road to Hope tells the story of two mothers who experience the earth-shattering impact of two separate tragedies. For Jill, it’s when she discovers her two-year-old son passed away in his sleep. For Maddie, it’s when her parents kick her out the moment they find out she’s pregnant. Both are handed a life neither asked for, for ...more
Published October 15th 2014 by North Coast Stories

To ask other readers questions about The Road to Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Road to Hope

Start your review of The Road to Hope (Hope Series Book 1)
Daiane
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
* I have received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Let me tell you how profoundly moving this book is: I hardly cry in a book. But this book warms my heart and it truly did make me tear up. The struggle both characters in the story face is such a tragedy. I can't imagine how I would feel if I was in their place. But, eventually the characters looked in the light of hope and survived past through their hardships.

Probably one of my favorite parts in this book is when M

Liz Carrasco
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was absolutely RIVETED! The story Langwell tells is raw and emotionally moving. I admit I love a good cry when I read a book. This one did not disappoint. But I wasn't crying through the entire thing. (And disclaimer: I do have some pregnancy hormones going on right now that probably contributed to the crying.) I related to the struggles and worries of BOTH Jill and Maddie, and found myself rooting them each on to the very end. I have had the privilege of reading all of this author's published ...more
Katie Talbot
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was honored with the gift of reading The Road To Hope as an e-book before it was published, and the story made me cry. I was delighted to receive a paperback copy of the published book and read it again. Crissi amazes me as a writer. She has a gift of telling beautiful stories, and this one touched me deeply. I cried AGAIN reading it for a second time!

"where there is despair, let there be hope... in darkness, light."
Joyce Stewart Reviews
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By Crissi Langwell
Fiction 284 pages
Reviewed on May 20th 2019

A beautiful heartfelt emotional story about two women Mattie & Jill. Get your tissues ready cause you are going need them !

A story that touches on themes of homelessness, poverty, teen pregnancy and child loss....and finding the light in times of darkness.

When a tragic accident kills her toddler son, Jill spirals into the clutches of depression, affecting her marriage and causing her to question h
Shawn Langwell
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So first off I'm married to Crissi. But I won't let that deter from an honest review.
I read the rough first draft over two years ago in a day and a half. It moved me then.
I just read the final published work. It still moved me. Her ability to paint a picture and draw you in to her characters is uncanny.
This is a story that has undoubtedly been lived out in various forms by thousands of pregnant teenage mothers.
Read it. Share it. You'll be glad you did. PS don't forget the tissues.
Chana
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Touching story, but at times predictable. I would recommend this book to people who like a good cry. Story shows just how small the world can be. I will definitely consider reading another book by this author.

Cathy
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I found myself drawn to Jill and Maddie and their personal tragedies...Crissi Langwell spins and weaves their stories so that they intersect and then continue with surprising results. They both are changed "like gold tested in fire." I would highly recommend this book that I received in a Goodreads giveaway.
Hazel Hazelkuda
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful read

I gave it a four because it was a good read, fast paced and realistically set. I cried buckets and I am glad Maddie got a fresh start. I read it in one sitting , will definitely be buying more fromnthismwriter.
Patricia
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
An easy book--read it while I was waiting for a car repair.
I have to admit I was aggravated with Jill when she didn't take Toby to the doctor. And while I understand her emotional state in the aftermath of that, I never quite connected with her or any of the characters. For such deep topics, I never got more than a surface feeling for any of it.
The closest I felt to Jill or any character was her reaction after her encounter with Albert and Rusty.
And what's the story with the little boy in the vi
Mary Theresa Hoegg
Dec 02, 2014
Kara Leckie
Sep 04, 2017
Crissi
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Patel Harsh
Aug 17, 2017

• The Fix-it-Shop
  • A Part of Me
  • A Merry Heart (Brides of Lancaster County, #1)
  • Framed
  • Seven Shots
  • An Unsettled Grave (A Santero and Rein Thriller #2)
  • Saving Meghan
  • Evening in the Yellow Wood
  • Keep Her Close
  • Prologue to Murder (Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery, #2)
  • Framed 2
  • Motherhood Unexpected
  • Ashes
  • Cowboy Rebel (Longhorn Canyon, #4)
  • The Boy in the Photo
  • Fame, Glory, and Other Things on My To Do List
Crissi Langwell is the author of 11 books across several genres. Her passion is the story of the underdog, and her novels include stories of homeless teens, determined heroines, family issues, free spirits and more. She writes romance, literary fiction, magical realism, women's fiction, and young adult. Beyond writing, Crissi is an avid bookworm and yoga enthusiast. She pulls her inspiration from ...more