Start by marking “Good Omens: The BBC Radio 4 dramatisation” as Want to Read:
Good Omens: The BBC Radio 4 dramatisation

Good Omens: The BBC Radio 4 dramatisation

Neil Gaiman was the WINNER of the BBC Audio Drama Award 2015 for Outstanding Contribution to Radio Drama

A full-cast BBC Radio 4 dramatisation of Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman’s celebrated apocalyptic comic novel, with bonus length episodes and outtakes.

According to the Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch, the world will end on a Saturday. Next Saturday in f
Audio CD, Original Recording, 5 pages
Published December 22nd 2014 by BBC Physical Audio

Start your review of Good Omens: The BBC Radio 4 dramatisation
Jo
This was, of course, lovely. Got a bit over-emotional hearing Neil and Terry badly acting as the traffic cops. Loved the chapter of out-takes at the end.
Jo Weston
Typical crazy Gaiman stuff. Superb dramatisation, with a cracking cast just rollicking along through this crazy tale. Loved it. Hope R4 keep these coming, as after Neverwhere this time last year, I am seriously hooked.
Paul E. Morph
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not going to review the book here; I'm assuming that, if you're checking this dramatisation out, you already know and love the original book.

This dramatisation is fantastic. Well worth listening to for any fan of the original book. The adaptation is spot on and the casting is perfect.... Well, almost perfect. I didn't like Death's voice. It wasn't... final... enough for my liking. Don't let that put you off, though.

The author cameos were very good, even if hearing Terry's voice made me a lit
Lauren
I don't think I've laughed that much listening to an audiobook! So good!!
Tamara
4,5 stars

EDIT: March 30, 2015
R.I.P. Terry Pratchett :( BBC Radio 4 is going to repeat GOOD OMENS as a tribute to amazing Terry Pratchett. It starts Monday the 6th, at 22:30 UK time. You can listen to it from anywhere in the world, using the internet, or an app (if you have only a phone/tablet). Make sure to listen to this BBC Radio dramatisation if you havent already guys!!

January 3, 2015
Currently you can listen to it for free at BBC Radio 4

Neil Gaiman introduces Good Omens

The six episode r
Claire Liv
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
What a perfect book and even better TV series!! David Tennant and Michael Sheen are my dream cast <3 ^.^ ...more
Devann
A great adaptation of a great book! It's so interesting to look at the original book and the radio drama and the TV show and look at what they all have in common and also what was done differently in each. Also I love how everyone says that Crowley's voice in this is like way too smooth and sexy because I was listening to this for .5 seconds before I went, 'oh my god is that the guy from Black Books whose voice Fran masturbates to on the radio??' ...AND IT WAS. I feel like the TV show version is ...more
Dawn C
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Any version of Good Omens is a good version <3 ...more
Maryam
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant and funny !
Gabrielle
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I hope that radio adaptations of Neil Gaiman's work become a BBC Radio 4 tradition, because these are absolutely delightful. The script shows a real love for the original text. The voice actors are all engaging, though Peter Serafinowicz may just be the MVP of the cast, as his Crowley stands above all others (ironic, considering his fallen status).

However, I felt that by the last two episodes, it became harder to follow the plot as it jumped between the various groups of characters. In this asp
Jenny (Reading Envy)
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great adaptation of this book! While Adam feels like the focus in the book and audiobook, this seemed to better feature the angel/demon duo, kind of a sad end to a very civil war, soon to end with Armageddon.

Still too many uses of the word ineffable, but I think that's a joke.
Silvia
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was sooo much fun!!! I'd never listened to a radio dramatisation before but it really worked well and I even liked some of the voices and the acting more than in the show. I highly recommend to listen to it while it's available on https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04k... ...more
Dawnie
Aug 27, 2019 rated it liked it
This audiobook or Radio dramatization was fantastically done. One of the best i have heard in a long time.
I defiantly recommend this version if you want to listen to the book, since it really is done very well and for the lack of better word choices, done in the old version, where the is an entire cast, background noises for driving in a car and all of those added little details that make it feel more like listening to a theater performance than just simply an audio book.

If i would only rate t
Sissy Lu {Book Savvy Reviews}
Gaiman is one of my absolute favorites, he has a whacky sense of humor and his storytelling capabilities usually astound me. Pratchett, although I have yet to read through his collections, I have read a few of his works and his quirky storytelling capabilities pair perfectly with Gaiman's.

This was an Audiobook I found in Overdrive and listened to while I worked, which allowed me to giggle through my working frustrations. I opted for the radio dramatization and I am so glad that I did. I feel as
Jacquelyn Koh
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bbc-radio-4
Currently listening to. Absolutely gutted to know that they can't cover the whole book. And hope one day there'll be an unabridged dramatisation, but this is entertaining as it is.

Peter Serafinowicz is perfect as Crowley and so is Mark Heap as Aziraphale.
Alexandra
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
I hadn't read the book before listening to the dramatisation and was warned that it might be a tad confusing. But all it was, was awesome! I am completely blown away by the story, the dramatisation, and the cast.
Katie
Regardless of how many times I've listened to Good Omens, I enjoy it each time. Pratchett and Gaiman wrote so well together, and this adaptation is perfectly casted. Peter Serafinowicz is a superb Crowley.
Eli Claire
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a delightful first “read” of 2020 - loved the different ways the characters were portrayed (especially the voices of Crowley & Death), how the sound effects were used during certain scenes (especially the burning bookshop part), and how one of my favorite lines was interpreted! I have never before listening to a radio adaptation of a book, and I was not disappointed! Now to read the book again, watch the show for the millionth time, and then compare them all. ...more
From BBC Radio 4:
Events have been set in motion to bring about the End of Days. The armies of Good and Evil are gathering and making their way towards the sleepy English village of Lower Tadfield. The Four Horsepersons of the Apocalypse - War, Famine, Pollution and Death - have been summoned from the corners of the earth and are assembling.

Witchfinder Sergeant Shadwell and his assistant Newton Pulsifier are also en route to Tadfield to investigate some unusual phenomena in the area, while Anathe
Katharina
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Like Gabs said in her review, I hope the BBC continues it's excellent radio adaptations of Neil's work. This was just as whimsical and hilarious and fantastic as the original, though I can imagine that it may get a bit confusing at the end if you haven't read the book.
Wiebke (1book1review)
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
A wonderful adaptation of a great book.
Although you can fully understand the story from just listening to this I also recommend reading the book, as it is a treat.
Kate (Reading Through Infinity)
I haven't read the Good Omens novel, but after watching and loving the TV show, I found this audiobook on my library app and decided to give it a go. And it was pretty great.

This is a full cast dramatisation, so there are about 10-15 voice actors in every episode and everyone really got their characters spot on. The story follows the TV show plotline closely, with each audio episode pretty much mirroring each episode from the show. It took me a little while to get used to Crowley not being voic
James
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly different from the book, but still fun.
NiaKantorka
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How are all its forms so brilliant?! Loved this version and highly recommend it too.
Michelle
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent performances, script, production... I loved it!
Abigail "Abby-Rose" Margarida Sparrow
This radio show was one of the most entertaining things I've heard in ages. I really enjoy British radio plays (I used to love the Narnia ones from focus on the family) and when I came across this in my search for something to listen to while sick, I was like, yeah, why not, it should be okay.

Well, this was better than okay. The timing on this is just hilarious. There is just something so witty and on beat about this production. The bit where the nun is talking about the woman who began their or
Brigi
This is mainly a review of the audiobook (it turned out to be slightly different from the BBC broadcast!). So, first of all, if we know each other a bit, I either:

a) recommended Good Omens to you at some point or I wouldn't shut up about it
b) straight up bought you the book
c) fangirled with you if you read it
d) all of the above.

Just so you get a picture of how much I love it. ;) shh, I want to get a Good Omens tattoo at some point xD It's not a novel easy to adapt, but the audiobook is brilliant
ke-sha
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
So I listened to the BBC 4 Radio Dramatisation of this and really enjoyed it. I would have to enjoy it because you guys know how I feel about Audio Books.

But I loved the actors in this and their voices were awesome and if they ever make a live action movie they should keep the cast the same :)

I definitely want to pick up the physical copy and read it just to clear up a few things because I have a need to know ALL the little details Lol but im waiting until I find a copy that I want.

All in all.
Caitlin
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up because I thought it was the audiobook. I'm sure I missed a lot (footnotes, explanations, etc) because it is definitely a dramatization, but I absolutely loved it. I need to read this book. A+ casting; anything with Colin Morgan is a yes for me. It was incredibly well done; I felt completely immersed in the story, and the actors had great chemistry. I laughed out loud. Literal hooting and hollering, so it's a good thing I was listening in my car.
Indian Readers: July 2019 BOTM - Good Omens 15 141 Jul 31, 2019 02:44AM

• Guards! Guards!: The Play
  • Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere
  • Carpe Jugulum: The Play
  • The Golden Compass: Lyra's world
  • Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Book 1 of 3 (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #1)
  • The Colour of Magic: Graphic Novel (Discworld, #1)
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe: A Graphic Novel
  • The Wheel of Time: Boxed Set #2 (Wheel of Time, #4-6)
  • Mort Big Comic (Discworld)
  • Terry Pratchett's Hogfather: The Illustrated Screenplay
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Secondary Phase (Hitchhiker's Guide: Radio Play, #2)
  • Monstrous Regiment
  • The Wheel of Time Roleplaying Game
  • Douglas Adams' the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: the Authorized Collection (Comic)
  • Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch