Start by marking “Noughts Crosses Graphic Novel” as Want to Read:
Noughts  Crosses Graphic Novel

Noughts Crosses Graphic Novel

Callum is a nought - an inferior white citizen in a society controlled by the black Crosses.

Sephy is a Cross - and the daughter of one of the most powerful, ruthless men in the country.

In their hostile, violent world, noughts and Crosses simply don't mix. But when Sephy and Callum's childhood friendship grows into love, they're determined to find a way to be together.

And
Published July 2nd 2015 by Doubleday Childrens (first published June 4th 2015)

Start your review of Noughts Crosses Graphic Novel
Sarah Churchill
This is a FANTASTIC adaptation of the novel, I'm so happy that it translated well and I think they condensed the story really well. The artwork is fairly simplistic, it didn't blow me away but it worked well enough, and although it doesn't have the same level of emotion as the book (probably because of it's reduced format, though I think it could have made me feel a LITTLE more) it did do the story justice I think.

I still fully recommend people read the original novel, but if you'd rather skip
Alyce Hunt
"D'you ever wonder what it would be like if our positions were reversed? If whites were in charge instead of you crosses?"
"I'm not sure I share your faith in a society ruled by noughts. People are people. We'll always find a way to mess it up, doesn't matter who's in charge."

I read the 'Noughts and Crosses' series many, many moons ago - back in 2007 and 2008. I've always wanted to reread it, but I haven't had the time: there are so many dystopian series that I haven't tried out yet, so it feels
Diana Simumpande
Mar 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked this graphic novel. When I was 12 and all the other kids at school were gushing over this book, I was reading Jacqueline Wilson and I think I may have missed an opportunity there. I thought this would be a good chance to get an idea of what the book was about without actually reading the original. I liked the story, I think the concept was amazing but I had a lot of issues with the pacing in this. I think we could have done with two books. It seemed a little cliché at times, and for me, ...more
Ruby Chan
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
Didn’t know a single thing going into this but this graphic novel and plot as a whole were so much more than I usually expect from a graphic novel.Trigger warnings for many things so its best for mature and suitable readers but this dystopian society is like an opposite of today-the blacks are the superior ones while the whites are the inferior ones.So I wouldn’t say it challenges today’s society but rather shows me “do not do unto others what you don’t want to be done unto you”.
Kit
Sep 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Very simplified role reversal about racism. It does make me want to read the novel, though.
Cat
"D'you ever wonder what it would be like if our positions were reversed? If Whites were in charge instead of you Crosses?"

Noughts & Crosses
An Eye for an Eye
Callum
Knife Edge
Checkmate
Double Cross
Noughts & Crosses Graphic Novel

Story time, in chronological order:
- In early 2015, I read the main four books of Malorie Blackman's Noughts and Crosses series.
- There are two short stories which take place between the first two books, titled An Eye for an Eye and Callum. I bought Callum as an
Liv Wright
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am surprised that the adaptation was so alike to the story and this made The noughts and crosses graphic novel really intriguing.
Everything was incredibly alike and I did honestly rather enjoy it. I think that I couldn't be improved at all.
This is my first graphic novel and I think I will read more on the future I could say that this has made me a graphic novel reader.
The characters were a lot like how I had imagined them and it was lovely to not just imagine them but to see them. I think
charlottebibliophile
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015
'Noughts and Crosses' by Malorie Blackman follows the unlikely friendship of Callum and Sephy - a nought and a cross - in a world where noughts and crosses do not mix, let alone get along. Together they face a series of challenges, but they always come through them stronger - that is, until Callum's family becomes involved in a terrorist organisation, with a plan to bomb a shopping centre, and Callum and Sephy inadvertently become caught up in the madness. Can their relationship survive against ...more
Laura (b00k-witch)
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
The novel of Noughts and Crosses is honestly one of my favourites of all time, and this graphic novel adaptation is as close to perfect as you can get. This condenses the story of Callum and Sephy, living on opposite side of a race divide but a different one than we all know. The author switches the roles, making white people, the ‘noughts’, second class citizens, along with the black ‘crosses’, who run the country, run the media etc. The book borrows from real life events and places them in ...more
Roxy
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
I think I was unprepared going into this. The art style was great and the message was necessary but I found it a bit awkward that literally everyone other than the two main characters were awful people. It might say more about me than the book that i'm calling a novel dealing with racist themes too dark, but I found the grittiness unnecessarily exaggerated and over the top.
Rachael
Aug 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
This story works so well as a graphic novel, I absolutely loved it. Such a wonderful story that everyone needs to read!
Sara Weather
May 17, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I am going to review this novel using my status update from 25% and my thoughts from 100%:
I. I need to read the novel!
100%: Honestly, I don't know if I want to now. I kind of want to see if the novel goes deeper but ugh I doubt it.
II. Does it deal with racism simplistically?
100%: Yes, I can not tell if this is in result of it being an adaptation of a novel.
A. It got messy when you have white characters who are supposed to represent black people doing certain things that do not feel
Karen Mardahl
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had never heard of the book on which this graphic novel is based, but the blurb on the graphic novel's cover sounded intriguing. It was. I had a sense of "V for Vendetta" and Jo Walton's Farthing series while reading about this dystopian world. Turning a known world upside down for your story does shake up your readers. I assume the book has a lot more details, but I think the graphic medium conveys the main messages very well.

(view spoiler)
Amy Alice
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Graphic Novel, Children's Literature
Graphic novel of the AMAZING first book in the Noughts and Crosses trilogy by Malorie Blackman. I picked this up because it is basically the only adaptation that I have not seen of this novel. It is excellent.
I didn't care for the cartoon style giving everyone abs if we were meant to like them, and normal bodies if we weren't. That made me uncomfortable. And the fact that it is so quick to read stops you from getting as entwined with the couple as the book
Dan Allbery
Feb 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Two years ago I read Malorie Blackman's original "Noughts & Crosses." It was powerful to see a world where the racial-power balance was flipped. I was excited to see it in graphic novel form and enjoyed the illustrator's decision to make it black and white. I do think some of the novel's power was lost when converting it into a graphic novel. However, it was still a good read. Recommend for high school students.
Elle Kay
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book
An amazing provocative tale of two lovers in a world fueled by racial tension and violence. A world where history has been reversed and the black population, the crosses, have the power and use it to keep the noughts, the white population, in their place. This one will really make you think. Apparently adapted from a novel so I can’t compare the versions except to say that this read feels complete and well written.
Maya
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I can’t believe that this was my first graphic novel! It was absolutely amazing. It was fast paced and packed and emotional punch. I have not read the original so I was wondering is this a graphic novel a bind up of all of the books in the series or only the first book, if so is there another graphic novel?
Shannon Steuer
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I relatively enjoyed this book, the flow was consistent and the themes it represented were impactful to the reader. My biggest flaws were maybe a bit of character development for a few characters, and that the art style wasn't wow'ing.
I would probably read the book over the graphic novel but this was quick, and easy to read for anyone who wants to get a brief on the series.
David Wardrop
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a simple premise a role reversal black people in power white people as an underclass and from this can come a powerful story. At first I thought it was a unique take on Romeo & Juliet but Malorie Blackman has created something all her own. This is a book that should be read on Martin Luther King Jr. Day January 15th.
Tia
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loveddddd this. I haven’t read the book but I fancied reading a comic and that’s the one that caught my eye but I would like to read the book in the future.

The book made me feel emotion at times but I loved the drawings and the plot and just the characters I loved them.

It makes me wish I had a best friend at like 5 .
Sherry Bolton-Phillips
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this graphic masterpiece! It is a testament to the immense possibility of what a graphic novel can be! I thoroughly appreciated the premise - which forces the reader to see the obvious stupidity inherent in racism. I also understand the need for the ending. The whole thing leaves you unsettled and thinking. Bravo!
Sofia
omg FUCK * hysterically crying*
this was so good, I HAVE to read the book. I don’t know how true this graphic novel was to the actual book, but this messed me up so much. it is so true to our history and also current events. god may save us all
Maziah
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
An adaptation of one of the first books to make me stay up all night to finish reading, way back in my teenage years. The graphics are beautiful but the story somehow felt like it ended abruptly and with less of the emotional impact of the novel itself. Still a good read though.
Kennady
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, Just as good as the original book, I had to watch and play of noughts and crosses and found reading the graphic novel to be a quicker way to remember what happened in rather than reading the book again .... but I'm definitely going to read thr book anyway haha
Jodie Warner
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-ya-books
I think I really need to read the original to see how true his adaptation is. A powerful story, told with simple graphics, about the noughts, the inferior whites, in a society ruled by the powerful black crosses.
Chantelle
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
Billy Hick
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

An excellent remake of Malorie Blackman's noughts and crosses. I really recommend this comic, though it does have some strong sex scenes.
Salma
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
good
Joanne Myers
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had been told about the Noughts & Crosses series by a few friends and wanted to try it out. Seeing as I am going through a phase at the moment of reading Graphic Novels, I decided to go with this version to kick start the series.
Wow! What an intriguing story line. Imagine a world where people are divided into two groups - Noughts are white people and Crosses are people of colour. In this world, the Crosses hold all the power and the best jobs while the Noughts are manual labourers and
Charnell (Reviews from a Bookworm)
The actual book is one of my all time favourites. But I don't like the drawing style here. And it also doesn't pack the same emotional punch that the book did.
« previous 1 3 next »

• La fille dans l'écran
  • Les ananas de la colère
  • L'Esprit du camp (L'Esprit du camp, #1)
  • L'Esprit du camp (L'Esprit du camp, #2)
  • Paul à Québec
  • La Différence invisible
  • L'orangeraie
  • Creuse la Mort
  • Pride and Prejudice
  • Vindicta
  • The Darkling's Surrender (The Darklings, #1)
  • A Job From Hell (Ancient Legends, #1)
  • The Darkling's Desire (The Darklings, #2)
  • Proud
  • Le mot d'Abel
  • Si on était...#1
  • 黒執事 XXVIII [Kuroshitsuji XXVIII] (Black Butler, #28)
  • Seduced by the Darkling (The Darklings, #3)
An award-winning children's author, Malorie Blackman was honoured with an OBE in 2008. Her work has been adapted for TV and stage.

More information available at: