Start by marking “Not Dead Enough (Project Rebellion, #3)” as Want to Read:
Not Dead Enough (Project Rebellion, #3)

Not Dead Enough

(Project Rebellion #3)

ASIN B00O96HLCQ has been moved to the latest kindle edition as per guidelines.

There is life after death, unfortunately for them, it's the same one...

Brett Perkins was a soldier until the Project killed him. Now he's finding that life after death isn't so hot. With the Project base destroyed, he and his team have been tasked with running down and destroying a group of rogue
Published November 21st 2014 by Blue Hedgehog Press

To ask other readers questions about Not Dead Enough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Dead Enough

Start your review of Not Dead Enough (Project Rebellion, #3)
Pratr- Authors
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Allow me to start off by saying this was my first Zombie book, and OMG I loved it! I could not put it down once i started it! It was like my drug and I was an addict dying for my next high! This was an amazing book and I did not want it to end . I wanted to continue reading, I wanted to know more. I wanted more hunk zombies! The Characters were outstanding, each one possessed its own hold on your heart, just wonderful writing. My only complaint is that I have to wait for the next book to come ou ...more
Melindeeloo
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars= I liked it. The sample for Not Dead Enough was really awesome, Julia lives in a company town and her ex has launched a smear campaign that has left her villified by everyone, but things only get worse when she is kidnapped by some really scary guys who she initially thinks are her ex's goons, but are in reality so much worse.

I am not generally a fan of zombie romances but the "science imitates art" premise of military experiments that created SARAs (Self Aware Re-Animates AKA zombies)
Megan Fall
Mina Carter does it again. I adore this series and absolutely loved this book. A little gruesome, but a lot of action!
Jessie Potts
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Why you should read it: I have to say besides Warm Bodies I haven't read a book where the main hero is a zombie … I now have to re-evaluate my hotness scale. On the other hand, who wouldn't like Brett? He's gorgeous, dangerous, protective and, well, … hot! Mina's writing has always made me laugh. I've enjoyed her hero/heroine interactions, and Not Dead Enough was no exception. Julia and Brett have some steam going on, and I liked the idea of the Project and what our government could be doing. Be ...more
Kelly
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have a *thing* for sexy zombies, guys. A thing. So I completely appreciate a team of zombies who are sex-ay and ready to take on the world if it gets between them and their special lady friend.

For Brett, we're talking about Julia. From the moment he sees her, he's smitten. And vice versa. But with her conversion in effect, they're dealing with a lot more than fiery attraction and a need to get frisky. She's on her way to becoming a vampire and he's not exactly alive. Yeah, it's complicated.

Thr
Carmen Rae
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ok so it didn't live up to the awesomeness that was the Project Rebellion series (still waiting on book 3 btw Mina) but it was good. Lots of awesome sex, a storyline despite the brevity of it and I will definitely be waiting for the next one.
Seriously if you're expecting more from a short book about zombies and vampires unfriend me :P

Check out my reviews here
Ähmsry
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This version of the Un-Death I love and would like to read more.
Actually I make a wide way around zombies but within these series „Project Rebellion“ I’m happy to be unable to do so. It was surprising and captivating and a bit of addictive.
The overall storyline and each story in itself is fantastic and beautiful like the characters - great!

The whole series so far is a recommendation for PNR readers.
Janice Somers
This is about another group of men who are considered SARA (self-aware re-animated) and created by a rogue group of the military. They have escaped and are hunting down the bloods (created vampire) and killing them before they kill humans or the other created, Lycan/human. Also by not allowing them to become re-animated (zombies).
Shirley Bennett
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The evil people running the Project are at it still, but in the mess Brett one of the SARA’s team meets Julia, Another innocent victim in this crazy battle!Their team is looking to save people from the crazy ‘Bloods’ that got loose from the project site and out wrecking havoc in their wake!

Interesting view, but it seems to work! Looking forward to the next story!
Sandi Faulconbridge
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, ebook, 2017
That was a fun read. A different take on paranormal romance ... it's a zombie / vampire romance. Cool!!! ...more
Melanie-Smokenator
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: awesome, mina-carter
Asking me what I thought of this book - hot, exciting, rollercoaster. I see zombies in a really, really different light. You get zombies and then you get these guys S.A.R.A - and trust me - they are so not what you thought - they aren't dead at all and they have moving man-parts oops, all parts are movable, but they can stop... wait wait - you got to find out for yourselves.

Meet Julie who has a low-down dirty ex-husband, who turn the whole town against her. I mean they even throw things at her.
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not Dead Enough is the first book in Project Rebellion SARA and takes place in the same world as Project Rebellion. I don't usually like Zombie romances but the concept here was unique and interesting and I ended up liking it. The SARAs (Self Aware Re-Animates or AKA Zombies) were military men who were experimented on. The government has created Vampires (Bloods), Shifters and Zombies who aren't self aware and the SARAs.

Julia lives in a small town and her powerful ex husband has managed to turn
Marissa
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kindle Copy for Review

Julie Collier soon to be ex husband has painted her as a gold digger and nymphomaniac serial killer in the small town they are living in. She even been bully by her ex boys making her life a nightmare as the town people even call her names.

Brett Perkins was a soldier until the Project he was working on killed him and turned him and his friends into zombies. He and the rest of his team try to hunt down the rest of the rogue Bloods before they can do more damage.

Julie finds h
Susan
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another fascinating paranormal read by Mina Carter! This was a very well written and page turning book that feature Brett and Julia. Brett was a soldier who left the project changed, into a zombie....now he and his team use there unique abilities to hunt and kill Bloods, a vampire creation by the same project that changed him. Julia is a woman who is attacked and taken by Bloods and Brett and his team track down the creatures who kidnapped her but not before her life is changed forever from bein ...more
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Favorite Lines “What the hell...? Master race? Who do you think you are? A Nazi?”

“What did she see when she looked at him? A man or a monster?”

“Then level up, and let’s go get the motherfucker.”

“What, you mean get kidnapped by homicidal vampires? Then kick their asses?”

“Figured her Prince Charming would be a zombie.”

When going into this book I was iffy about it because of the zombies but I LOVED IT!!!
Brett is a hot as hell, who ever knew a zombie could be so yummy!
Julia is thrown into a world s
Diana Rising
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this is a great story. It is so original and unique, I loved it. There are sexy scenes and a romance, but it is more of a sci-fi/horror action story.
The heroine gets kidnapped--by vampires.
The hero has been changed into some sort of undead being by a secret government project, which gave him and the others special abilities. In fact, they are the apex predator of the supernaturals created by the project.
Totally crazy things happen, but our heroine deals with it really well. After her escape
Charlene
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mina-carter
What an awesome start to the S.A.R.A. Chronicles of Project Rebellion by Mina Carter! She's convinced me to re-consider zombies...not dead enough. Now I'm "not patient enough" to wait for the next book. I want it now, Mina Carter!

(What's up with the "45 pages on Kindle" stat? Much longer, hallelujah!)
Coyora Dokusho
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this, but less than the previous books. I really wanted Sanders and the Hybrid's story too. I hope that one comes out... ...more
Carmen
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this book. I love reading make me feel like I am in a movie but I get to k ow what they are feeling and how they are feeling. couldn't put it down. can't wait for the next one. ...more
Karen
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is 4.5 stars for sure. I really liked this and it is the first thing I have read by this author. I am looking forward to reading the other books in this series at some time in the near future. There are a few little issues with wors being out of order but nothing major and nothing that should distract anyone. Things started off a bit slow but managed to kick into high gear pretty quickly once the main female was taken. The story had a nice flow that made it easy to follow and enjoy. The cha ...more
Amsha Sky
Confused with the storyline. Plot hole.

I rarely bought books because Kindle Unlimited has a ton of great books offered already. But I was hooked on the first and second book of this series. Aside from the MCs, there were secondary characters that are developing their own story namely Sanders and Richards. I was expecting that their story would progress along with the MCs in the third and fourth series just like the first and the second. But that didn't happen. What happened to Not Dead Enough?
Jamoz23
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this to death, it will be a re-reader for sure.
I really am not a fan of Zombies and Apocalyptic books but as this is linked to Ms Carters Project Rebellion series which I love, I had to read it. Stupid me had bought this over two years ago but it had not downloaded onto my kindle app. Was reminded about it, found it and read it in one go.
Thoroughly enjoyed reading about these characters and it was great how Brent was with Julia.
Glad she had a little payback at the end.
I loved this story, i
Bella
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blown away

First of all, I love Mina Carter. I have read a few standalones and a couple series, most recently being Project Rebellion, so I'm pretty familiar with her writing style and know I'll love whatever she dishes out. I guess with SARAs I was expecting something similar to Project Rebellion since they're somewhat intertwined. But let me tell you, Mina blew me away with this one. The storyline, the character development, the dialogue, everything. Just fantastic. And I'll be honest and admit
Theresa Derwin
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The third in the Project Rebellion series varies on from the previous book, but can be read as a stand-alone.
This series has mad scientists in the military experimenting on soldiers and turning them into Bloods (vamps) Lycans (werewolf) or BDs (Re-animates or zombies)
It’s PNR so you know what you’re getting, but refreshingly the damsels aren’t damsels in distress for long; they kick arse.
Zombie Brett finds kidnapped Julia who has been converted to a Blood.
His team are intent on shutting down the
Jo Lindsey
Brett and Julia

Antonia 's crew brings Darce back to the Project but instead of being rewarded they are injected with the latest Zombie virus. This virus makes them self aware Zombies who think rationally and can control their bodies. When Darce's squad breaks in to rescue him and Antonia they escape. They try tracking and killing the vampires because they are attacking the human population. They come across Julia who was trying to divorce the husband who is trying to kill her. Another great stor
ManyHatMomma
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and action packed

This is book 3 in the Project Rebellion series. It focuses on the SARA’s, now escaped from the supposedly defunct Project, and the Bloods from the project that are kidnapping women. It is highly intense, action packed, full of things not-human, blood and guts, and of course smoking hot passion. A super strong female heroine who turns from ordinary human to extraordinary. The pack that we know and love from books one and two are not in this book, but we continue the s
Debra
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not Dead Enough

This is the third book in this series but I hope not the last. Though this book was published in 2014 and the first two in 2018 this took place after the first two books. Here is Brett and Julia's story and her introduction into the paranormal. He is a intellectual zombie, dub SARAs. She was kidnapped by vampires. How will they connect when she is what he was made to kill? I enjoyed reading all three books hope to see more in this series at a matter date.
Louise
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Revenge!

Julia had been kidnapped by some Army experiment hybrids. Her Ex was telling the local townsfolk lies about her so he could live with someone else, then reports her missing knowing full well he had the Army take care of his problem. The men that took Julia are whats known as Bloods. Vampires to you and me. This tale follows on from two other stories where the Army and its experiments have gone crazy. Its a Fascinating tale!
Silke Kinney
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Julia was still in the town with her ex husband

Brett was a victim of The Project. Made into a zombie, of all things. Brett and his team of four were looking into kidnapping cases, when Julia came into his life. Julia thought her ex-husband was nuts as he was smearing her name ask over the town. When her house was broken into, she thought he did this. She was Soo very wrong. Monsters are real, apparently she was one of them now.
Meleeta
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A new different take on zombies and the other paranormal.

Change into reanimated against their will., they are hunting other paranormal creatures who turned evil with their change. She's a kidnapped victim who has already survived Hell in a small town . .She's rescued by the reanimated team a m but not before being infected.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Captured and Claimed (Savage Warriors, #1)
  • Mission: Guardian Angel (Veslor Mates, #2)
  • Thanatos (Guardian Security Shadow World #4)
  • Paladin (Galactic Gladiators: House of Rone #4)
  • Protected by the Alien Warrior (Warriors of Agron #5)
  • Griff (Hell Squad, #17)
  • Ravished by the Crown Prince (Zunatorian Warriors #1)
  • Property of the Babymaker (Kyrzon Breeding Auction, #3)
  • Javik (Vaznik Warriors, #5)
  • Bound (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #6)
  • Ransomed (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #4)
  • Shift of Fate (Wolfguard Protectors, #1)
  • Forbidden (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #5)
  • Craved (Tribute Brides of the Drexian Warriors #7)
  • Bachelor Beast (Interstellar Brides® Program: The Beasts, #1)
  • Guard: Dark Guard / Cyborg Guard (Galactic Gladiators: House of Rone, #5)
  • Centurion (Galactic Gladiators: House of Rone, #3)
  • Madas’s Falling Star / Madas’s Unexpected Gift (Lords of Kassis, #5)
Mina was born and raised in the East Farthing of Middle Earth (otherwise known as the Midlands, England) and spend her childhood learning all the sorts of things generally required of a professional adventurer. Able to ride, box, shoot, make and read maps, make chainmail and use a broadsword (with varying degrees of efficiency) she was disgusted to find that adventuring is not considered a suitabl ...more

Project Rebellion (4 books)
  • Perfect Mate (Project Rebellion, #1)
  • Blood Mate (Project Rebellion, #2)
  • Broken Mate (Project Rebellion #4)

News & Interviews

“he was, to put it bluntly, a few nuggets short of a happy meal.” 0 likes
“Her struggles seemed pointless though. She might as well be a week-old kitten for all the good they did.” 0 likes