Start by marking “Secret of the Phoenix (Omega Force, #6)” as Want to Read:
Secret of the Phoenix (Omega Force, #6)

Secret of the Phoenix

(Omega Force #6)

Captain Jason Burke has begun to suspect that the random attacks on his ship and crew over the last couple of years may not be so random after all. Evidence is mounting that there is something on the Phoenix ... something that powerful factions will stop at nothing to get their hands on.

While Omega Force races to find out what is hidden on their ship that is causing so muc
Published October 6th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Secret of the Phoenix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret of the Phoenix

Stacy
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: military, sci-fi
Wow! One of the best Omega Force books yet! Totally action packed throughout, and had some really awesome almost hard sci fi too. Loved the new Marines too - Galvetic warriors rock! :) Definitely worth the wait to learn the secret of the Phoenix. The moment I finished, I immediately wanted to go back and re-read the previous 5 books in quick succession to see how all the pieces came together in this 6th book. I didn't realize this was the wrap up book for a 6 novel story, until I read the author ...more
Craig Dean
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dalzelle continues his trend of improving with each book, and here we find the culmination of a story arc that has been alluded to over the serie.

The A-Team meets National Treasure in space, is a reasonable comparable; but, perhaps for the first time, there is a hint that Dalzelle is capable of more than rehashing tired tropes. Alas, his tendency to run out of pages in which to cover the more interesting plot elements continues. There’s a fine line between an explosive finale and a rushed one, a
Michael
Aug 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Before you start this book, please realize it is the sixth title in the series: you will need to read the previous books in the series in order to understand the back story and the characters.

Without having a spoiler, if you enjoyed the previous books in the series you will probably like this one but there were quite a few scenes I just didn’t believe and it seemed to get “stuck” in a few situations – but since I did like the continued interaction of the characters I kept on reading.. I picked t
Noodle TheNaughtyNightOwl
Halfway between an 8/10: Excellent read, well written, fell right into the fictional world created & a 9/10: Fantastic, left me wanting more.

Despite all the petty bickering and fights over ridiculous things, when the chips were down his crew never failed to rise to the occasion.

It’s getting better and better. I’m attached to the crew and their captain now and love the world the author has created. Kellea was a welcome addition to the storyline for the romantic in me. And it was nice getting
David P. Duffy
Mar 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Awakening To An Obvious Truth Finally

Since the first book of the “Omega Force,” series, the crew has displayed an unreasonably cavalier attitude towards the insatiable craving for their ship, the “Phoenix” by a multitude of enemies. In his sixth book, “Omega Force: Secret of the Phoenix (OF 6),” Mr. Joshua Dalzelle, has decided to clear up and clean up the ongoing plot line omissions.

Quick reading, simple action/character oriented story, written adequately well.

“Omega Force: Secret of the Phoen
Leslie Baptiste
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Six solid hits.

This is the sixth book in the series, another solid hit. Full of action adventure and intrigue. Lighthearted and whimsical team is gelling together very well.. if you like action, adventure, Humour you will enjoy this book, full of space battles and ground battles I suggest you start from book one like I have. Going to start on the next one after I post this with you.
DeandreaBrian
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series!

This series has been a great read from beginning to end. Good adventures characters were fairly solid, story seemed a tad rushed at times but really came back in line and didn't nothing to hamper the story in the slightest. Solid recommendation on the entire series.
Khatirana Smith
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Was a bit slow to get into this series but I'm glad I did. Loved the flawed main character and the rest of the crew, each with its own peculiarities. This together with the action and plots make it a very enjoyable reading. Go ahead and give it a chance if you like sci-fi and adventure.
michael w. geary
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Throughly enjoyed

After reading the 1st book in this series, I was totally emerged in the story and couldn’t wait to dive into the following installments. I can easily picture this being made into a mini series or a movie. Great job Joshua!
Thomas James
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
That's more like it.

In my last review I stated that there was almost no sexual activity mentioned for any of these males spending so much time in space. It wasn't natural! Jason, at least, now has a regular partner. That's more like it. But what about all of the others?
Bill Barnes
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good

Excellent story. Shame Jason couldn't keep the drive capability. Guess it was all or nothing. Oh well guess it was for the best. The new characters are good addition. He is sort if the Lone Ranger on steroids😂😂
Helen Bassett
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Final. End?

Very nice ending ...I missed the characters that stayed in the background in this story. Great story telling. Perhaps there are more stories
Tony
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
they keep getting better......I am going to be sad when I finish the series
James J. Seals Jr
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Secret of the Phoenix (Omega Force, #6) by Joshua Dalzelle continues to dazzle me with the situations the Omega Force gets into. This is a great series.
Mark Montenieri
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another good entry in the series. I'm finding the books to be a tad short. Sure, it leaves me wanting more but I would like to see a bit more elaboration in various chapters.
Christoph Mayer
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great episode

Just love reading these books about Omega Force. The stories take me away to a place only my imagination can render and guided such a wonderful author.
Alston Antony
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this series one my favorite and I enjoyed this book thoroughly. However I felt the ending was bit quiet compared to other books in the series but the story very intriguing throughout the book.
Jim
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This entire Omega Force series is one of the best for just plain military science fiction entertainment. I have enjoyed each book and hope to enjoy many more in the series although the author does pretty much wrap up everything with this book. The Omega Force, if you’re just joining us now, is comprised of several aliens who have banded together to help others not able to defend themselves. Captain Jason Burke; Twingo, Chief Engineer; Crusher, Security; Lucky, Security; Doc, Medical; and Kage, t ...more
Jason
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ever since Deetz bought it back it part 3 and parted with his cryptic message to Lucky, there has been both the knowledge that this was coming. There has also been the curiosity/hope from fans that one day, Dalzelle would get around to telling the story that he had hinted at. This is that story, what was Deetz getting at? What is the great mystery? What is the Secret of the Phoenix?
No Spoilers – Sorry! But I will tell you that you will not see it coming, it is far bigger than what you expect, an
Thomas Allen
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is, without a doubt, the biggest Omega Force story so far. Joshua Dalzelle's storytelling talents expand noticeably as he progresses through the books of the Omega Force Series. The first book in the series was easily digested simple fun. But each book expands the series in character and complexity.

And after five great volumes, we arrive at Secret of the Phoenix. This book twisted and turned, brought in new and interesting character while reintroducing what I loved about the established on
Andy
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Scott
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
The novel sore the team solve the underlying threat of the phoenix and why people want it. This book doesn't disappoint with an action packed plot with a few twists. The author has continued to evolve the main characters as well as the supporting cast, though it still feels like we are not seeing as much of Kage as we should be.

On the upside, as per my previous book's review we finally sore a sparring match as well as some action with Jason's new implants. So I'm officially happy :)

However, stil
Jack Kenreck
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
What do you do when you're accidentally kidnapped from planet earth in a spaceship? Escape your captor, rescue people in trouble, and kick some ass along the way?

Yes, please!

This is one of my favorite science fiction series of all time. It's fun, witty, ridiculous, and the characters are absolutely fantastic.
Paul Heitsch delivers time and again in each book of this series. He is able to impart a distinct characteristic and tone of voice for each of the many different types of characters and p
dennis miles
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Team or family?

One of the things that makes this series enjoyable is the small unit or family feel. Also, since it is a small team, the characters do not have to keep gaining rank and going up against bigger bad guys which can limit plots and personal actions of the main characters. I look forward to the next book, and story arc.

If you enjoyed the feel of March upcountry, to the stars,sea by Weber and Ringo, you will enjoy this series.
Kimberly A. TenEyck
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Joshua Dalzelle never disappoints. I always have fun with his books. At the end of every one of them, I couldn't wait to get to the next one. Very engaging and entertaining. His are some of my favorite characters ever. I hope the series continues for a long time!
Trevor
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
The sixth and final book of season one. This brings the underlying thread, of the Phoenix and why people covert it, to its conclusion. A good book, that has the team fighting back and trying to solve the mystery of the Phoenix. The team and supporting cast continue to evolve and I am looking forward to the next season of Omega Force and Joshua's new project, The Black Fleet.
Margaret A. Westervelt
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good action packed read.

An action packed, laser blasting good read. I have enjoyed his story line ,and the twists and turns of his plot and his characters. I am looking forward to the next book in this series. Keep this good series going.
Todd Gutschow
Aug 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Fun and interesting stories

The stories continue to be fun and interesting despite being a bit predictable. Good old-fashioned science-fiction, good versus evil, in a very Star Trekean universe.
Janetta Bitting
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great volume in this series

This is one of my favorite books in this series. There are some interesting loose ends for the next volume. The character development is great in this series. I hope to read more from this author.
Adam Cagle
Ya, So I read the whole series in a month... less.. it's that good!
  • The End of Liberty (War Eternal, #2)
  • Exodus: Empires at War #2 (Exodus: Empires at War #2)
  • Valkyrie Burning (Hayden War Cycle,#3)
  • Dreadnought (Lost Colonies Trilogy, #2)
  • The Cost of Victory (Crimson Worlds #2)
  • What Price Honour (Merkiaari Wars, #2)
  • The Synchronicity War Part 3
  • Death's Bright Day (Lt. Leary, #11)
  • The Empire's Corps (The Empire's Corps, #1)
  • Alien Arcana (Starship's Mage, #4)
  • The Clone Redemption (Rogue Clone, #7)
  • Hammerhead

Omega Force (10 books)
  • Omega Rising (Omega Force, #1)
  • Soldiers of Fortune (Omega Force, #2)
  • Savage Homecoming (Omega Force, #3)
  • The Enemy Within (Omega Force, #4)
  • Return of the Archon (Omega Force, #5)
  • Redemption (Omega Force, #7)
  • The Human Factor (Omega Force, #8)
  • Revolution (Omega Force, #9)
  • Legends Never Die (Omega Force #10)