Start by marking “Ashes in the Sky (Fire in the Woods, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ashes in the Sky (Fire in the Woods, #2)

Ashes in the Sky

(Fire in the Woods #2)

After inadvertently saving the world, eighteen-year-old Jessica Martinez is ready to put adventure behind her and settle back into the familiar routine of high school.

Though when she's offered an opportunity to photograph the inside of an alien space ship, Jess jumps at the chance. After all, she'd be crazy to turn something like that down, right?

Spending time with David o
Published March 15th 2016 by Month9Books

To ask other readers questions about Ashes in the Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ashes in the Sky

Jamie (Books and Ladders)
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I'm part of the blog tour for this one so you will get to see my full review on March 1st over on Books and Ladders!

I read the first two books in this series over the course of two days, basically. My actual reading time was probably 4 hours total. Because I was so in love with the concept and the writing and the characters that I couldn't put it down. This is shaping up to be one of my new favourite alien invasion
Mandy
I received Ashes in the Sky in return for an honest review as part of the tour hosted by Chapter by Chapter.

David is gone and Jess just wants life to get back to normal but everyone is so curious to find out about her alien encounter. Jess hasn’t heard from David since they all left knowing that he’s got to prove to his people that they can terraform Mars and keep earth safe. However, being normal just doesn’t seem to be working for Jess because while Earth is safe she’s not done with the aliens
Claire
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes YA.
What a book totally amazing.....

Copy recieved from publishers Month9Books as part of the Ashes in the Sky blog tour in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts are my own.

After finishing this book I can safely say I’m now a huge/ massive fan of Jennifer M. Eaton’s books, boy does she know how to take you on an epic alien adventure. I absolutely adored this book and book one too it really is a no holds rip roaring ride of a book. I literally speed read this book in a few days, it’s brimming w
Katelyn
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
3...2...1....BLAST OFF! You better hold on tight, because Jennifer is going to take you on one wild ride. I loved read this book! Absolutely loved it! I was so excited to get this book in the mail, that I read it in two days! Two day, people! Ashes In The Sky made me laugh at it's creative humor, but instead of it coming from David this time, it came from Jess. You know something funny is bound to happen with a human being on an alien space ship. I also really enjoyed learning more about David's ...more
Melanie McFarlane
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lately I've been impressed by sequels. Like, enjoying them more than their predecessor, which is a hard thing to do, when the first book in a series is the one that grabs your attention, makes you fall in love with the characters, and is that all consuming first impression you can never forget. But I have to say, I love ASHES IN THE SKY, even more than Book 1.

It could be the amazing world building that Eaton accomplishes, creating an alien ship made of non-earth elements, which is no simple feat
J. Ford
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When we think of aliens, I think most of us conjure up visions of little green men flying around in spaceships. I can assure you, however, the ones in the book I’m about to talk about aren’t little green men. They are otherworldly. Intelligent. A little self-righteous. But they have this incredible ability to turn into something us humans can understand, and that’s human.

In book one of the series, FIRE IN THE WOODS (a must read by the way before you read this one), we meet high schooler Jess, a
kelly {BookCrushin}
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: earc, reviewed
4.5 out of 5 stars

"And I regret nothing."

Ashes in the Sky is a fantastic follow-up to Fire in the Woods; it has everything I didn't know I needed! I loved the adventure Jennifer M. Eaton continued and I am so thrilled she gave us more Jess & David. Her writing was engaging and creative. I really loved the in-depth world building, character development, and the awesomeness of space!

The adventure that Jess ends up on this time around was really fun and of course scary. I can't help myself, but
Sharon Hughson
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you enjoy young adult adventure stories (or romances) and haven't read this series, you are missing hours of entertainment. I'm giving this book 4.9 out of five stars because of one little issue I had with the story, BUT that doesn't diminish how much I loved the book.
This story takes off a few months after FIRE IN THE WOODS ends. All Jess wants is to get back to "life as usual" by starting her senior year and leaving the spotlight behind. Because when you save the world from an alien invasio
Jennifer Bardsley
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Eaton is back at it with a terrific follow up to “Fire in the Woods.” “Ashes in the Sky” is full of hot alien love, and by “hot” I mean boiling. Mix in some action, adventure, and giant spiders, and you have a YA Sci-Fi book that’s guaranteed to entertain.

A few months after Jess and her alien loverboy David rescued humanity, she is invited aboard his spaceship as a goodwill ambassador/photographer. But early on it becomes clear that Jess isn’t seeing all of the ships. Imagine what it wo
Jenna
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer has easily become one of my favorite authors. This book was even better than the first and I didn't think it was possible. Literally, never a dull moment. There was a part at the end that made me want to throw the book, but in a good way...
PLEASE TELL ME THERE'S GOING TO BE A THIRD ONE!!!!
Raven
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book Is an amazing sequel! I was hooked from the beginning! An emotional rollercoaster for not only Jess but for me as well. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Maggie
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
So I liked the first book in the series. This one I found myself kinda bored with. I like the writing... I just could not connect with the story properly. So I skimmed the like last 30 something percent of the book and still feel like I didn't miss much. Easton is a great writer... don't get me wrong... I just didn't feel the same pull with this book. Sophomore slump of the series, maybe?
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)

See this review in its natural environment, Dani Reviews Things.

I received this book for free from Chapter by Chapter in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Rating: 4.5 stars

I loved the first book of this series SO MUCH that I immediately picked up the next one!

What I enjoyed about Fire in the Woods continued in Ashes in the Sky. I don't want to repeat myself too much, so be sure to read my review for the first book here. But I
Tamara
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I GIVE THIS BOOK 5 OUT 5 STARS .. IF I COULD MORE STARS. I WOULD. **** MAY HAVE SPOILERS**** READ AT OWN RISK =]

OMG.. I cried at some parts =[.

Jennifer M. Eaton is an amazing author. She draws you in to the book from the first page.

you start with Jess back on earth and David is on a spaceship but Jess thinks he on Mars. Jess is giving the chance to go on the spaceship to take pictures of the Aliens and shown around the ship. She is being followed but she don't know what by...

Her and David mak
Anelise
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Note: I got a free copy of this book in exchange for a review

Ashes in the Sky blew me away with its amazingness. It was even better than Fire in the Woods!

One of the things I liked a lot was the alien technology. I mean, to read about technology that is far more advanced than humans is really cool. I thought that Jess’s dad was a pretty strong character in this book. In one part of the book, he had PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), and he got through it. Also, I can’t forget Edgar. I kind o
Charity
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
For full review please go to: 5girlsbookreviews.blogspot.com, Twitter @camartinez and Facebook "5 Girls Book Reviews"

REVIEW BY: Arianna, age 13 years, 3 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This book was breathtaking and I loved reading it. It more than fulfilled the promise of a fantastic book.

My favorite character is Jess because she is brave, smart, and willing to do anything for those she loves. I would be having a panic attack with all of these events, but she just takes it in stride.

My favorite par
Maddy
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh..this book was so so so good!

This whole series has completely sucked me in. The next book comes out tomorrow and I'm dying having to wait a couple of days to continue this story. Thank goodness I waited this long to read them because it would have really sucked to have to wait longer than a few days for the book.

Anyway, this book was great! It was an awesome sequel to a fantastic first book. 10/10 recommend.
Stephanie Cassidy
I absolutely loved the first book and I absolutely love this book! Jess and David are back at it again in another wild adventure of a lifetime...and the Major gets involved. Jess's sarcasm throughout the book is just hilarity at its finest and I love it! The ending was to die for and I could not stop reading this book once I started it. I was hooked! I absolutely adore Jess and David and I so can't wait to read the next book!!!
Amanda
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
WOW! Jennifer does it again!

Full Review here: https://bookishhollow.wordpress.com/2...
zoë ❅ (fallxnrobin)
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
What's a series featuring aliens without a little space travel?

4 stars

full review coming soon... hopefully
Kester Nucum
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received a free electronic copy of this book for being a part of the Embers in the Sea Blog Tour from the publisher. This will not affect my review.

Rating: 9/10 stars

Overall Thoughts: Ashes in the Sky continues Jess and David’s adventure on the Erescopian ship outside of Earth. I definitely felt as if I was sucked into the books. I read through most of this book in one day since I could not put it down! My eyes were glued to the screen, for the story kept me hooked! The author defi
iamnotabookworm
Wow! This book is intense. The new adventure started right away. No dilly-dallying. It gets into right into the action.

So, this continues the adventure of Jess with David. This time, she is called to represent our world to David's people. Not to mention, she gets to photograph David's ship. Isn't this a once-in-a-lifetime chance? An experience no one gets to experience in this lifetime.

If you think this second installment is just about Jess having a grand tour of an alien spaceship? Well, you
Victoria Lees
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ashes in the Sky by Jennifer M. Eaton is a non-stop adventure through space with a quirky teen named Jess who is madly in love with David, an alien. This book is the second in a sci-fi fantasy series by Eaton. Fire in the Woods set the stage and started the adventure.

Jess is an 18 year old who had just saved Earth from an alien invasion with the help of one of the aliens, David. All she wanted to do was get back to normal, a relative term here, and begin her senior year at school.

But that might
Melinda M
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-giveaway
ASHES IN THE SKY by Jennifer M. Eaton is the second book in the series,Fire in the Woods. I did not read the first book. Jennifer M. Eaton does a wonderful job of bringing the reader up to date with the story. It is a wonderful mix of adventure, science fiction, romance,fantasy and young adventures series. It has a strong young woman named Jess and David, the alien who Jess loves. Jennifer M. Eaton does a wonderful job of using the science fiction part with alien technology. Jess and David are t ...more
Linda
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book #2 was well worth the wait. It followed on nicely and was a very
satisfying read. Jennifer, please don't make us wait another year for the
next installment!! I can't believe you have me caring about a spider but I'm
keen to hear what happens to Edgar and of course, Jess and David.
Thank you.
Hannah Michaels
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good follow up to the first one, started off a little normal and blah, however. The exploration of the new planet and the space ship was cool! I enjoyed that! However, if I see the word "chittered" one more time I'm going to scream.
Christina Morden
Jul 14, 2015
Lisa
Dec 31, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Fissure (Chronicles of the Interred, #2)
  • Starcrossed (The Sherwood Wolves #2)
  • Love (The Allure Chronicles #4)
  • Dark Waltz (Praestani, #1)
  • Centaur Redemption (Touched, #4)
  • True North (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #6)
  • Burning Bright (Ivy Granger, #3)
  • The Hunter's Moon (The Secret Warrior, #1)
  • The Inferno (Succubus Studies, #3)(Succubus Harem, #8)
  • Praefatio (Praefatio, #1)
  • Sun Damage (Sunshine, #3)
  • Dance in the Vampire Bund, Vol. 2 (Dance in the Vampire Bund, #2)
  • Crowned: Their Vampire Princess
  • Court of Vampires (The Shifter Prophecy, #1)
Jennifer M. Eaton hails from the eastern shore of the North American Continent on planet Earth. Yes, regrettably, she is human, but please don’t hold that against her.

While not traipsing through the galaxy looking for specimens for her space moth collection, she lives with her wonderfully supportive husband and three energetic offspring. (And a poodle who runs the spaceport when she’s not around.)

Fire in the Woods (3 books)
  • Fire in the Woods (Fire in the Woods, #1)
  • Embers in the Sea (Fire in the Woods, #3)