Start by marking “Knights of Stone: Mason (Highland Gargoyles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Knights of Stone: Mason (Highland Gargoyles, #1)

Knights of Stone: Mason

(Highland Gargoyles #1)

Gargoyles, tree witches, and wolf shifters have divided the Isle of Stone after a great battle twenty-five years ago. When Kayla, a tree witch, hears about the unconventional rock concerts in the gargoyle’s territory, she sneaks from her coven and into their territory to see for herself. Night after night, she returns to see one in particular shift into human form and play ...more
Published October 17th 2014 by Lisa Carlisle

♛✨  Christine ♛✨
I can never get enough of gargoyles and this one hit all the right spots!

Kayla and Mason are characters that were written with the perfect chemistry. They were made for each other and you could see this right from the beginning until the end.

The heat in this read is contagious! Honestly, throughout the novel I felt Mason's heat, his passion and most definitely what his hands were doing...

description

description

The author throws in some action that just helps you love the story even more along the way. Plus, it keeps
Judi Easley
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy lovers, Gargoyle lovers
Recommended to Judi by: Author's newsletter
My Disclaimer:
I was provided a free copy of this book from the author’s newsletter. I am voluntarily providing an honest review in which all opinions are fully my own. I am not being compensated in any way.
~ Judi E. Easley for Blue Cat Review

My Review: ✭✭✭✭
This was a fun read and I’m betting the rest of them are as well. The whole concept is such that it could either be really bloody or really fun. Since this one was fun, that’s what I’m thinking the rest will be. The setting is an island. The m
Ana
Hot Gargoyles!!!!

OMG a hot gargoyle, who would have thought and now I want to read more about them.

Kayla is enthralled my the very hot and compelling rock star Mason.....And he is certainly a ROCK star, he is a gargoyle that puts on a very spectacular show with his brothers.

Mason is captivated by the tiny human who appears every night, he looks forward to seeing her and he must have her.

Are they destined to be together, they are supposed to be mortal enemies, a witch and a gargoyle. But how can
iliana G
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was givenan ARC by the author to beta read and to review.

I have to say that i just need more!!!

It has it all...Gargoyles,withces ,rock and steamy sex.
I have to admit that i love the way Lisa writes and this story is one that will not disappoint you!
Gargoyles,witches and shifters have divided the isle and there is some serious hatred going between them.
When Kayla hears about those super hot gargoyle rockers playing on the island she just has to go and see them.
And she keeps going back again and
Donna Hokanson
Rock On
What a wonderful HEA love story with Witches, Werewolves and Gargoyles in it. Self-contained story. Lots of stuff happening throughout the book to keep your interest. With an Island just for them and a division caused by something in the past that no one seems to know the full truth of. Can two beings from different areas come together and fall in love, and will it help gap the division or make it worst. And if things don't get any better, than the humans will for sure be making it a lot
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Gabi‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

3 STARS

Review copy provided for an honest review

A hot tale of love that brings together all kinds. The paranormal aspect of this story made me skeptical at first. A gargoyle? But Mason is HOT! And Kayla is tough and beautiful. The sex scenes are way hot and there is a story line which makes for an exciting read.
Linda
“The freak show was about to begin.

Jacque
Oct 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Witches, shifters and gargoyles, oh my! With a little drama, good characters and lots of heat, Knights of Stone is a great start to what looks to be a promising series.

I liked Mason, really I did. However, this isn't my first gargoyle story and I (unfortunately) have a preconceived opinion of what I expect in a gargoyle character. He's got to be sexy, check. He has to follow the gargoyle legend of stone by day, flesh by night - check there as well. Protector, big check. Now here is my gripe. I g
Cheryl Drake johnson
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An Island not far away from the main land that for many years has been cloaked from humans. But when the Gargoyle Brothers decide to become Rock Stars the other inhabitants of the Island are not a where of what is going on except a Tree Witch who happens to have a crush on one of the Gargoyle brothers and she comes to their concerts all the time and she doesn't realize that Mason the brother she has a crush on has been watching her the same as she has been watching him and he decides that he is ...more
Country Goose
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Okay, but....

There was way more (not sexy) sex. The tension and lure of the forbidden fruit was there, but watered down. There wasn't a lot to the plot, just enough to add a bit to keep the story going, but it was too fast paced. Not enough substance. Time was a little warped, and flew by randomly. If it was meant to be erotica(ish), then the scenes shouldn't get skipped in the end, but I felt relieved when it did.
Shasha
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: hea
While the descriptions were lush at first, there was a vagueness to the plot and world building that kept me from immersing myself in the fantasy. I didn't get an adult feeling from the characters besides Ian even though they all are supposed to be 21 and up.
Insta-lust turned into insta-love with some uncomfortable sex moments. When the H thinks that the h's pleasure through pain is exciting, I gave up on the sex scenes.

I love gargoyles but this didn't meet my expectations.

Mature content
Brittany
I really wanted to rate this higher because I did love the Romeo and Juliet type romance. I mean who doesn't love a good forbidden romance? However, there was one thing I did not like. The author at points seemed to say that they were together for a long time then opps only a day or two had past. It just needed a clearer measure of time.
Pam
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved the story of sexy Gargoyle shifters. Would not mind going to a concert where the statues turn from stone to Rockers....
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Knights of Stone: Mason is the first book in the Highland Gargoyles series. Mason is the middle brother (I think) and a guitarist in the rock band. Kayla is a tree witch and has crossed the boundaries to watch them play, even whilst knowing it is forbidden. These two connect on a sensual level, and they don't want to fight it, even though they know they should. However, things are happening amongst the three species that share the Isle of Stone, and it may break down borders, or it might just de ...more
Cheri
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's not the Hatfields and McCoys but the Gargoyles and the witches (and the wolves) a quarter century old feud has kept the three groups apart. Most of the younger ones don't even know why. When sparks fly, and we aren't talking about witch magic, the attraction between witch and stone man the quarrel and settlement are questioned by the two lovers. Can they make their leaders understand that things are not as they were or seemed? They don't have to keep separate?
I've had this on my TBR list fo
Nate Brightman
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'm not certain whether this book falls under the fantasy or romance category? Is there a fantasy/romance genre? It's written at about an 8th grade reading level and would probably be a perfect YA book except it has some very steamy x-rated sex scenes I don't think I'd want my teenager or pre-teen to be reading. Honestly while the plot and writing aren't bad, I could see a talented high school senior writing this story except I would naively hope that no one that age is sexually experienced enou ...more
Shelly Roke
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Witches and Gargoyles and Wolves, Oh my!

The small Isle of Stone off the coast of Scotland is home to three self segregated supernatural groups. Tree witches, gargoyles, and wolf shifters. The five gargoyles have formed a band and play concerts at night that attract humans to the island. One of the tree witches, Kayla, sneaks over 'just once' to hear them. And loves it. So she sneaks over again and again, catching the eye of Mason, one of the gargoyles. Forbidden things are a happenin'. The wolf
Laura Moylan
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mandy
Not bad start to a series - not great but not bad.

Mason and Kayla's love story is a sort of Romeo and Juliet without the death at the end. He is a gargoyle and she is a tree witch. The two clans/groups are forbidden to see each other due to an event that took place in the past but neither group actually has all the facts. When a crisis occurs, they are forced to act. What is the outcome? Will they remain together? Guess you have to read to find out.
Deb
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Fiction Adults 18+
Omg! I loved this fantastic, page-turning "Knights of Stone: Mason" with smoking hot, rocker gargoyle shifters, magical smexy women, mystery & romance! ... This book has great descriptions, a unique storyline & awesome characters with witty dialogue! ... I highly recommend this PNR must read by Ms. Carlisle to any adult 18+ fan of fiction & I can't wait to get my hands on the other Knights to read, too!
Aimarel
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful

Gargoyles are amazing creatures. They are full of mystery, and have been portrayed as both good and evil. This time around Mason is talented, sexy and gorgeous. Then we have a curious, beautiful, young witch girl and sparks fly. Kayla and Mason are perfect together.
T.M. Payne
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book Reviewed: Knights of Stone: Mason (Highland Gargoyles #1)
Author: Lisa Carlisle
Publication Date: 10/17/2014
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
Sneaking away to watch a rock concert shouldn't be a big deal right? Well for Kayla if she were to get caught it could be the end of her life. For some reason, her coven of Tree Witches forbids them from leaving their part of the Island. Well, Mason has caught her eye, and she must get to him.
Mason, however, is the enemy.
Sher
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The start of a great new series..Witches and Gargoyles..
They live on the island of Stone together..But apart..Each on their own side.
The Gargoyles are a rock band...Mason plays guitar.
Kayla wants to know what all the hoopla is about..She sneaks over and the fun begins,,
Love this series..Can't wait to see what happens to the rest of the brothers.
Linda Levine
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great series and I highly recommend them all. The brothers enjoy their rock lifestyle until they meet the women that capture their hearts.

This first book features Mason. He is a gargoyle and expected to be with his own kind. He falls for a witch and that does not make most people on their island happy. I think they are a great couple and I really enjoyed their story.
Caryn
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute

I love the supernatural and enjoyed my first gargoyle story. It also included wolf shifters which I enjoy a lot of. The premise of the story was good. I just didn't find it to be as in-depth as it could have been and would have enjoyed a longer book.
LuDena Radford
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Magic isle

If only the world was filled with magic , Since it isn't K love that I can visit it through the imagination of authors. I enjoyed knights of stone and plan on reading the next one in a few minutes.
Cait
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
What an interesting world in this book!

What an interesting world that this author has built. It's full of witches, wolf shifters and gargoyles and the gargoyles are rock stars! How fun. This was such an interesting story and I can't wait to find out what happens next!
SHIRL D LLOYD
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun/exciting

Enjoyed all the characters in this book. I liked the stone gargoyle Scottish highlanders
with sexy kilts. A good read.
Patricia Burleson
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good

Good book but to short. It has some action, mystery, friendships, and magic. Good story line and strong characters. So grab your copy and enjoy reading.
Angela O'Connor
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good short read. Fun and entertaining .I do not get but a few minutes a day .
Goodreads Librari...: Please add new cover 3 19 Jan 06, 2016 05:37AM
  • Highland Moon Rising (Cry Wolf, #4)
  • Kiss the Dragon (Maidens, #1)
  • The Zrakon's Curse
  • Her Scottish Alpha (Colliding Worlds Book 3)
  • To Tame a Highlander
  • Wolf at Her Door
  • Fallen Ashes (Fated & Forbidden #6)
  • Enemy Mine
  • Liulf (New Scotia Pack #1)
  • Blue Blooded (Jessica McClain, #6)
  • New Moon (Moon #8)
  • Highland Wolf Pact (Highland Wolf Pact, #1)
  • Operation Saving Daniel (Melville Sisters, #1)
  • Darkest Flame: Part 4
  • Stop Dragon My Heart Around (Las Vegas Dragons, #2)
  • Baehrly Alive (Goldie Locke and the Were Bears, #3)
  • X-Ops Exposed (X-Ops #8)
  • Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
USA Today bestselling author Lisa Carlisle loves stories with dark, brooding heroes and independent heroines. She’s honored to be a multi-published author writing in different genres since she’s wanted to be a writer since the sixth grade. For much of her professional career, she’s written non-fiction — but she’s discovered writing romance is the most fun. Her romances have been named Top Picks at ...more

Highland Gargoyles (6 books)
  • Knights of Stone: Lachlan (Highland Gargoyles, #2)
  • Knights of Stone: Bryce (Highland Gargoyles, #3)
  • Knights of Stone: Seth (Highland Gargoyles, #4)
  • Knights of Stone: Calum (Highland Gargoyles, #5)
  • Stone Cursed: Taurus (Highland Gargoyles, #6; Zodiac Shifters #35)
“Why are you walking through the wood alone?” 1 likes
“The freak show was about to begin.

Spotlights flooded the musicians powered by solar panels near a massive amplifier. The guitarist continued playing and the others joined in, playing a raucous crossover between hard rock and heavy metal. The one with long blond hair grabbed hold of the microphone and belted out a shattering cry that sounded like a call to battle. The crowd went pin drop silent to listen and then cheered in unison as the band played on. The front man sang piercing growls and low croons about the Knights in Stone, the protectors of the ancient forests, battling against the evil tree witches... Kayla's coven.”
0 likes