Start by marking “The Unexpected Elements Of Love” as Want to Read:
The Unexpected Elements Of Love

The Unexpected Elements Of Love

Janet is a TV weather presenter. Sometimes she'll admit to liking the adrenalin and modest celebrity of the nightly news. Other times she wonders if her job justifies the time away from family - after all, she's hardly curing cancer.

But now the weather seems to be invading her home. Her young son Harry, is increasingly terrified by storms and endlessly distracted at school
Published 2006 by Viking

To ask other readers questions about The Unexpected Elements Of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unexpected Elements Of Love

Suzanne
Mar 24, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This was a sweet story. The two intertwining stories of a young boy who has issues pertaining to ADHD etc, and an elderly man, succumbing to dementia. Art and weather play a major part in the storyline, with the back drop of Sydney, Canberra and Darwin. The relationship between the elderly couple as the wife looks on knowingly but rather helplessly is touching, she knows she's losing her mate and doesn't want him to suffer. It was lovely to see their old fashioned coupling that they shared. Rela ...more
Jo
Apr 30, 2009 rated it liked it
I loved the weather thing... I have my moments with weather, so it really appealed to me. The whole mother/guilt thing is me too. I did not like the neat way the author took the hard choices away by finishing off characters so easily. The struggle and the decision (the processes that you go through to get to that stage) are what I want to read about. Pretty good though.
Janene Carey
Apr 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Enjoyable. But I can't quite believe someone could have a full-time job as a weather presenter. Also, I found the ending abrupt, and wondered how the sculpture survived. But overall, I found the story and the characters interesting, and liked the way it was told.
Lisa
May 05, 2010 rated it liked it
This story is about both ends of the spectrum of dementia and a child with ADHD.
Carolyn Mck
Jan 08, 2016 rated it liked it
This novel is written in a jerky, modern style about modern families with modern problems – set against the issue of aging and dementia. Delightful but I doubt it will stay with me.
Christine
This is the book I'm actually reading at the moment. It's our bookclub book. I'm about a third of the way.
Nettie
Feb 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
A story about love and weather. Unconditional love, unexpected love, inexplicable love. Very readable. Got me thinking - about the people I love.
Catriona