Start by marking “Black Soul (Black Warriors: Prequel)” as Want to Read:
Black Soul (Black Warriors: Prequel)

Black Soul (Black Warriors: Prequel)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
He will damn his soul to set hers free.

When workaholic high-flying career lawyer Tara Woji takes a well deserved break and meets up with old friends she doesn’t realise the danger lurking in the shadows for her. M’na is a chi, a gatekeeper whose duty is to protect the humans. Tara is his assignment. As the shadows deepen and darkness comes to claim her, he will do whateve
ebook
Published October 30th 2014 by KT Books (first published October 29th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Black Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Soul

Michaela Rhua
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in one sitting and loved it. The setting is modern day Tanzania, Africa and brings in the Paranormal world that is unseen by humans. M'na is scrummy and he can come to my rescue anytime. Tara is headstrong and feisty. These two are explosive together especially when they end up in bed. This is the start of Kiru Taye's paranormal series of the Black Warriors and I am looking forward to the next one Black Soul, especially as we get a taster of it at the end of this book. My only c ...more
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
This prequel was a short, yet satisfying read. After reading this prequel, I am very excited to start reading the Black Warriors series. I thought the concept of gatekeepers and the other paranormal creatures in this prequel were quite interesting. It was unlike anything I have ever read before. The story took place in Africa and had African mythology, which was really intriguing. This novel had action, mystery and romance all in one short story. M'na and Tara fell in love quickly, which I typic ...more
JC82
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a short and sweet introduction into Taye's new Black Warrior series. You meet M'na , A Gatekeeper and his unbeknownst to her, Bondmate Tara. M'na is a peacekeeper of sorts ensuring that the realm of the man is not overrun by supers and that supers don't get out of hand. But he has another more important duty that overrides every responsibility within him and that is to protect Tara even if it means damning his soul.

I enjoyed the set up of this new world, the idea of the club being like
Nana Prah
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I got this novella I feared it would be a teasers. I was right, but in good way. The story itself was a complete romance, with a HEA and everything. The teaser part comes in when Ms. Taye gets you geared up for more stories in this series.

She has delivered a first for me: a paranormal romance set in Africa that is hot and sweet at the same time. I’m looking forward to reading the whole series and seeing how Ms. Taye works in the mysticism of Africa into the series.

One thing I know for sure
India
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tara is an ambitious woman with her life set out ahead of her. She wants to make partner at the law firm she works in and prefers facts and figures over fairy tales. Everything changes when she meets Lami and M’na at a club when out with friends. She might not realise the danger she’s in, or remember her saviour from her childhood, but she soon finds out just how serious he is.
This prequel was a short introductory story into the world of supernatural beings. It is sometimes hard to get complicat
Tia
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
"Black Soul" by Kiru Taye is a great beginning to what promises to be a great series about Guardians. Tara's working as an attorney and has spent a millenium being punished by the Council, for things she knows nothing about. M'na has been bonded to Tara for the same amount of time, but is not allowed to tell her anything unless the time of her punishment is completed.

I really liked this prequel, and found it to be way too short so I was hoping that I could download book one. I found that the au
Barbara
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a satisfying read .M’na is a chi, a gatekeeper whose duty is to protect the humans he has been watching and keeping Tara safe for more than a millennium. Now the evil he has protected her from is getting closer can he help her with her powers and protect her at the same time. Short story but looks to be the start of something great, I will be looking for more. I was given a copy for an honest review
May 04, 2016 rated it liked it
I think I would like this story more if I was familiar with the mythology of the region. I don't think the novella format lent itself well to someone new to the mythology. The short format also made it harder to really care about the characters. I think I will have to read more of the author's work to know if I like it or not. So I will read some more.
Kathryn
May 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Book Riot challenge: Book by an African author
Kerry
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good read and not a bad start to a series.
Tiphney Waldon
Kristi
Oct 27, 2014
Misha Estrada
Oct 28, 2014
I write historical, contemporary and paranormal romances. My stories are steamy and sensual, my characters are passionate and sassy and the settings, atmospheric and exotic.

Visit my website: http://www.kirutaye.com
Read a different Africa. Love a vibrant Africa.
More about Kiru Taye