Start by marking “The Dragon Ring (Neuyokkasinian Arc of Empire #1)” as Want to Read:
The Dragon Ring (Neuyokkasinian Arc of Empire #1)

The Dragon Ring

(Neuyokkasinian Arc of Empire #1)

This coming of age, epic fantasy occurs at the twilight of primal beings and the emergence of man. Wizards, witches, elves, dwarves, trolls, ogres, orcs, dragons, and new fantastic creatures still interact with men in this classic struggle between good and evil.
The Dragon Ring opens in a politically charged kingdom on the Powterosian continent. The reigning queen has rece
Published August 14th 2014 (first published August 9th 2014)

Joshua Grant
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
It’s never really a good idea to depose a queen when she’s a powerful witch. That’s what the denizens of C. Craig Coleman’s The Dragon Ring figure out pretty quick. The world is full of interesting monsters and a plot full of political intrigue that draws you in til the very end.
J.B. Richards
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
At only 12-years-old, young Prince Saxthor is caught up in an assassination plot and a run for his life as his aunt—the power-mad, evil witch known as Earwig, wife of the deposed ruler, Minnabec III—seeks revenge on the ruling family and her own seat on the royal throne in this first installment of C. Craig Coleman’s “The Dragon Ring”. Helping Saxthor escape and evade his would-be captors is a valiant band of comrades whose combined talents seem to deter a wealth of deadly intentions and murdero ...more
Ben Starling
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: friends-books
A solid lead book to an engaging series. Coleman pulls you in to a detailed and compelling world that takes hold and won't let you go. I don't usually read fantasy, but this one held my attention. Much enjoyed!
Cathryn Dolly
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting adventure of growing up with some magic, mystery adventure blended in. One of the sequence reminds me of hobbit or lord of rings theme touches on it during a princes journey facing courage.
Another one is a boat journey to a town , on the sea has a water monster and swirling whirlpool to go through. I am going to read some more of these adventures. For those who like magic, adventure, dragons or something light to read, try this author's story :)
Larry B Gray
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I have just finished The Dragon Ring by C. Craig Coleman and I am trying to catch my breath. This awesome adventure would not let me rest.

The author has done an excellent job of developing a tale that is fast past and full of plot twist / excitement. Between the adventures and intrigue it is hard to put down once you start reading. C. Craig Coleman's storytelling style made the story come alive as I read the book, drawing me deep into the story.

I liked how the author developed his character
Loretta Weyant-Stevens
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Looking forward to the next book.
Kurt Springs
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review was first published by Kurt's Frontier under Invincible Love of Reading.

Synopsis:
Prince Saxthor is a thirteen-year old boy in the midst of court intrigue and a coming war with dark powers. His aunt, the former queen, is a ruthless witch who realizes the young prince is her greatest threat to reclaiming the throne. A ruthless warlock is assembling an army of orcs, ogres, trolls, and dragons to conquer the surrounding lands. For his own safety, the young prince is sent on a dangerous
Richard Sutton
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It takes a very special kind of writer to be equally comfortable creating an absorbing new world while populating it with honest, flesh and blood characters engaged in mythic struggles. C Craig Coleman has done that and more in his debut novel, The Dragon Ring. I was completely carried along as a young prince, full of self-doubt and fresh ideas, is exiled into safety. He's carefully nurtured into a confident manhood with a sense of his own purpose while dodging every imagined kind of fiendish ad ...more
Bradley Mathis-Krone
I was blown away when I read this book. Not my normal genera, but thought I would take a chance, and boy am I glad I did. Not since devouring the books of Terry or Tolkien have I found myself transported to another world so completely.

The story of The Prince and the powers aligned against him was a wonderful journey. Finding his way through the perils of a magical world with the help of his friends and comrades was amazing.

It's always a challenge to create a world while keeping the reader enga
MELODY
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I stepped out of my comfort zone read for this one. I must admit it took me a bit of time to get into the story, because I don’t read fantasy very often. The story finally grabbed me after a few chapters and I started to get a grip on the characters and the names. It’s a wonderfully written story of greed, and heroism.

C. Craig Coleman wove this wonderful fantasy and the story moves along quickly. Once engaged in the story it kept me turning pages and holding my breath to read the outcome. I wil
Jimg
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

What a tale! I felt an instant bond with many of the characters and, oddly enough, I felt strangely familiar with the kingdoms, cities, and rivers of the mythical Powteros continent, almost as though I had lived there myself. The characters evoke images of monumental familial and political conflict. This was an artfully woven epic of selfishness, ruthlessness, greed, and cunning conflicting with youthful uncertainties, naivety, and heroism. The story moved at rapid-fire pace from one phantasmal
Jo
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of few stories that i can't put. A clever mind came up with this, to have the usual dragons elves and so on and still be a totally new and engaging story.
I have read many many books over the years and i have a list of 6 that i love and will always come back to, its now 7!
The young Hero go on a great adventure meeting many enemy's and making strong friends along the way. There are good insights into his thinking and his friends thinking. Just enough detail to make understanding easy
Jonathan
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-books
I received a free copy from author in exchange for an honest review.I enjoyed the book from start to finish.Mr Coleman's writing style reminded me a bit of Tolkien and Terry brooks. This of course just my opinion, but to start off I found Witch Earwig to be a bit weak as villain.As the book progressed she started to grow on me.overall worth its money and look forward to the second book.
John Matthew
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'd like to start by saying that I love Epic Fantasy. This book rates right up there with Terry Brooks' Shanara series for me. It was fun, well paced and exciting. Mr Coleman's development of the characters, the story and the Kingdom were wonderful. I felt myself pulled in to the story and taken along for a wonderful ride. I cannot wait for the next installment.
Charles Roberts
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read

It had all the characters I love in a fantasy novel. It was well written and well thought out, esp. the back and forth of the story lines. Thank you.
Fredrick
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read.

This was a well written book with plenty of action and interesting characters. A good book for younger readers but also an entertaining read for adults.
Merj
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Engaging from the very beginning! Colorfully illustrated, if only in my mind! Doesn't everyone need a dragon friend! Great work, Coleman. More!
C. Coleman
Aug 29, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed By Eduardo Aduna for Readers’ Favorite

Saxthor, second son of the current Queen, is in danger from his very own aunt, the Witch Earwig - who also happens to be the previous queen. With the help of two well-meaning mages and a host of magical creatures, Saxthor must find a way to tap the power inside him and survive the political machinations of his immediate family.

There are several things that makes a fantasy epic work. World building is an essential part of any fantasy novel, as is pop
Erik
Jul 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
On the continent of Powterosian the corrupt King was forced off his throne and his sister set to rule in his place. The former King's wife Earwig upset about being taken off the thrown has sworn revenge against the reluctant Queen. In an attempt to regain her throne she starts practicing witchcraft and plans to kill the Queens oldest son the heir to the throne. But it is the Queen's second son that is the real threat Prince Saxthor who is possession of magical ability. The Witch Earwig quickly r ...more
Thomas Maher
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very well written but

It was very well written and detailed but I hated what happened to those poor dragons and how they were used. I do not know if I will continue with the series but will give it a try. I hope dragons won't get hurt or killed further just because of power or evil.
Rochelle
Sep 23, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 * Full review to come.
Roy
Apr 04, 2015
Aeokie
Mar 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
I grew up in a small town, Kinston, in Eastern North Carolina during the golden age of youth. I say golden age, because kids dashed out the door on Saturday morning, took to bicycles, and explored the world around them unrestrained only returning home for dinner in the late afternoon. I scampered over fields and swampy low grounds, investigated and collected anything that moved and half the flora ...more

Neuyokkasinian Arc of Empire (6 books)
  • The Crystal Legacy