Start by marking “Scenes from the City (Knitting in the City, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Scenes from the City (Knitting in the City, #4.5)

Scenes from the City

(Knitting in the City #4.5)

Aka... the Festivus Surprise
April 2015 - December 2015: 100% of proceeds go to March of Dimes
December 2014: 100% of proceeds go to Toys for Tots

This book cannot be read as a standalone. It is a collection of short scenes following the ladies from the 'Knitting in the City' series.
'Neanderthal Seeks Honeymoon' - Janie and Quinn
'Friends Definitely With Benefits' - Elizabet
ebook
Published December 1st 2014 by Caped Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Scenes from the City, please sign up.
Penny Reid I don't know what happened there. When I entered it into the database I listed it as #4.5 in the series.
You can read 'Ninja at First Sight' before…more
You can read 'Ninja at First Sight' before 'Happily Ever Ninja', but you don't have to. 'Ninja at First Sight' is Greg and Fiona's origin story and takes place 14 years before 'Happily Ever Ninja.' But 'Happily Ever Ninja' will be written as a standalone.
I hope this helps!(less)
Penny Reid I've been receiving a lot of messages asking about SCENES FROM THE CITY now that I'll no longer be able to attend book signings in 2015 (and book…moreI've been receiving a lot of messages asking about SCENES FROM THE CITY now that I'll no longer be able to attend book signings in 2015 (and book signings were to be the only place one could obtain a copy of SftC).

Therefore, I've decided to re-publish SCENES FROM THE CITY on Amazon, B&N, iTunes, and Kobo for the remainder of 2015 with all the proceeds going to the March of Dimes .

My PA and I are in the process of re-publishing the collection to all retailers. It's already up on Amazon HERE.

It should be up within the next week everywhere else.

Penny(less)

Penny Reid
Oct 07, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Update 8/18/2016
Hi Everyone! If you're looking for 'Scenes from the City', it'll be up on Google Play through September 2016. I just recently published my backlist on this platform and wanted to give those readers an opportunity to grab it. Here's the link to my backlist: https://play.google.com/store/books/a...

Best, Penny

Update 4/3/2015
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
HO, Ho, ho…
What? Too early? I don’t care!
I received this from one of my favorite authors, and it definitely felt like opening Christmas presents early!
Speaking of Christmas, you’ll do one or a few kids a favor purchasing this collection of short scenes from the city, since every proceeds will go to "Toys for Tots" ! Scenes from the City is available for pre-order and will only be available to purchase until December, 15th 2014.

✲*。.❄`*✲。❄。*。`*✲✲*。.❄`*✲。❄。*。`*✲

Being a self-pr
Dee Montoya
*****5+++ Darling Stars*****

(Arc kindly provided by Penny Reid) <3

Christmas came early for me this year by reading an anthology of one of my favorite series ever. So if you are like me, and hold all this characters dear to your heart don't pass up reading this book, and expect to be totally smitten as we are given another taste into the lives of this crazy and beautiful bunch of best friends.

photo ed74e6d5-5a09-452f-b8b1-93d0813081e3_zps5ed8673a.jpg

As usual with these stories, I laughed, swooned, cried and learned a whole new vocabulary of great w
Geri Reads
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

This is the perfect "tide-over" book to read while waiting for the next full-length installment from Penny Reid's Knitting in the City series.

Scenes from the City is a collection of stories from four previous couples in the series, and to introduce a new couple -- Greg and Fiona. I'm not going to detail the story one by one but if you're a fan of this series or a fan of any of the couples in this series, you're in for a treat. I'm still on my Drew-induced high.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

As mentioned above, Sc
♥Sharon♥
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 +++++ Stars! ❤

IT'S LIVE!! WOOHOO!! DON"T MISS OUT ON THIS ONE!! If your a KitC fan you will LOVE this one.

AMAZON

BARNES and NOBLE

photo e2826c6f-4ea7-4676-b4dc-d51db81ab944_zps4eda68ce.jpg

I was tickled pink when I opened up my email and saw an note from Penny Reid giving me an ARC of SCENES FROM THE CITY. I knew within the pages of this novella there would be lots of awesomeness, funniness and sexiness and I was RIGHT!

There are some pretty fantastic reviews already for Scenes from the City and I think we all agree that there is something pretty amaz
Catarina
5 Amazing Stars.
(Because, unfortunately, I can’t give more.)

This is a compilation of short-stories with all the couples of the “Knitting In The City” series. If you’re a fan of these books, you must definitely read this. (It’s only alive for two weeks and the profits are going to a charity organization.)
These stories are amazing and they’re like second epilogues to their stories. I loved it.
Let me just say how reading this book made me:

description
(Yeah, exactly like that!)

This is one of my favorite
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Short review! I really enjoyed this collection of short stories. I was a bit out of the loop because I haven't read Neanderthal Marries Human and I didn't realize that crucial plots happened in that book and are present in these stories. But despite my initial confusion I really enjoyed this.

It was such a nice treat to be able to revisit my favorite characters from the Knitting series. Honestly after reading this I wanted so much more! It just reminded me of why I loved all the previous novels.

A
Christie«SHBBblogger»
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

Title:Scenes from the City
Series:Knitting in the City #4.5
Author:Penny Reid
Release date: December 1, 2014
Rating:5 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Penny Reid has become one of my all time favorite authors and I don't see that ever changing. Every single book she puts out is close to my heart, I just adore her characters and her quirky storylines, they deeply resonate with me which makes me wonder....how does this woman d
Didi
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, arc
4.5 STARS

I've been a huge fan of this series since the first book and this was a sweet and sexy visit with all the characters I've come to love! But the best part of this? Fiona and Greg! I've always liked Fiona, she was always a bit of a closet bad-ass, but I never knew anything past her friendship within the knitting group. Yes, she's supportive and awesome, but here? I got to see a whole other side to her. And Greg. I don't know anything about the guy, minus being a husband to Fiona, but here
McGee Magoo
THIS IS AVAILABLE AGAIN FOR A LIMITED TIME ON GOOGLE PLAY! IF YOU MISSED THIS CUTE COLLECTION THE FIRST (AND SECOND) TIME AROUND, NOW (through October 1st 2016) IS YOUR CHANCE! https://play.google.com/store/books/d...

UPDATE! Whoo! Hoo! If you are new to the world of Penny Reid, you are in LUCK! She's re-releasing this for the remainder of 2015 with all proceeds going to March of Dimes!
Chicago_Skyline_Hi-Res

THIS DISAPPEARS ON THE 14th OF DECEMBER, SO GO GRAB YOUR COPY! AND HELP SUPPORT TOYS FOR TOTS!

Scenes From the
Quinn Fforde
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a message to anyone who is considering trying out Penny Reid's writing through this book. It is true that was not written as a standalone; the first four stories are epilogues to previous books. You will not completely understand them.

BUT I still advise you to buy this just to get the fifth story. It is a prequel to a book that is being written, so you are at the beginning of and will understand this couple's story. I have read and loved everything Penny has published, so I hope you wil
BookLover
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rs, read-novellas, reviews, ts
OMG Greg and Fiona!!! I can't even.... This glimpse into how they came together was AWESOME!!!
Lady Heather
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of the "knitting in the city" series, contempory romance, sassy, kickass female leads

review up-dated January 25, 2015

5 Shiny Stars for each and every one of stories in this book!

Perfect!

These short stories were wonderful little teasers/treasures/gifts to carry the fans of the Knitting in the City series through until the next full length story is to be released in Summer/Fall of 2015.

LOVED Janie and Quinn's honeymoon scene.
 photo cane_toad.jpg
 photo plus-sign.jpg
 photo freezerbags.jpg
 photo Equal_sign.png

photo rollingonthefloorlaughing.jpg

However, the last short story in this book is my ABSOLUTE favorite!

It introduces us (the readers/fans) to the lead characters in the next book, Fiona &
Dali
Who doesn't LOVE getting more of their favorite characters!
Sadie Grubor
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's ANOTHER gif-view to celebrate this amazing collection of stories from our favorite Knitting in the City girls and boys. We also get a sneak peek into Greg and Fiona.

So, let me just start with this:

description

1. Neanderthal Seeks Honeymoon: It's Janie & Quinn (FANGIRLING...LOVE THEM SO MUCH)

description

Oh the fun they have on their own little island getaway. A special book, sexhaustion naps, and toads in a freezer. (What did you expect, this is Janie we are talking about! :) )

2. Friends Most-Definitely-With Be
April White
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really love adoring all the characters Penny Reid writes - it's so much fun to get another dose of them in each of the Knitting in the City books. These Scenes from the City are like bites of the most decadent, fantastic, coveted appetizers - each with a different flavor and texture, but all part of the perfect meal.

Janie made me laugh out loud, Elizabeth was lovely and vulnerable, I'm a little jealous of Sandra, Drew's letter ... *fans self* Oh my! But it was Greg who truly surprised and deli
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
Quinn & Janie: Vagina's, frogs and string bikini's, OH MY!!

Elizabeth & Nico: Am I supposed to tear up during a short story? *sigh*

Alex & Sandra: Seriously...how awesome is Alex...and scary, he's pretty scary too.

Drew & Ashley: Drew Runous has ruined me for any other men. My husband shall hereby be forced into letter writing classes or forbidden from calling me on the phone. Ever.

Greg & Fiona: Oh dear. I don't think it's possible that I will be able to wait until next year fo
FMABookReviews
5 TEASING Stars
Penny Reid, she's such a tease! GAH! This collection of scenes Reid put together in this book, had me screaming for more!

Penny's writing is smart, effectual and funny. Drawing the reader into the web she so intricately weaves. Once caught, you don't want to escape!
"I have loved you,"
"I love you,"
"I will love you."

How is it possible to read that ^ and not swoon?

The descriptions this author uses when describing her characters features, are among the best I have read.

"his high c
Alexandra
Fantastic 5 stars! I loved to read more about Janie and Quinn (and frozen frogs ...), Elizabeth and Nico (Nico <3) Sandra and Alex (and tasers ...) and, my favorite couple so far, Drew and Ashley (and sexy times ...). But reading about Fiona and Greg left me with a huge smile and made my day: the dialogues and the descriptions are unique, warm, high heartbeat rate inducing.
If you are reading this review and haven't yet started on the Knitting in the City series, don't waste your time and sta
Ashley
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone UTD on the knitting in the city series!
Recommended to Ashley by: Auto Read Author
My level of girl crush on Penny Reid has reach alert level orange. She should probably obtain a TRO as I'm going to download "Stalking for Dummies" post haste.

Seriously, her female characters BLOW my feeble mind. Just when I think there's absolutely no way I could love another female character more, she introduces me to the next one. Rinse & repeat. I had reconcilied in my mind that
Janie "Morris"<---- *ahem* would forever be my favorite book female of ALL TIME... (Move over Eliza Bennet
Jacqueline
Ahh bliss. I wish I could write like this. What a bloody great read.

Scenes from the City is a handful of short scenes featuring the characters from the ingeniously titled 'Knitting in the City' series. Gloriously nerdy, a bit awkward, surprisingly erotic but always snort with laughter funny, I love these characters and their unusual romances so much. There's really no point in reading this unless you've read the rest of the Knitting in the City series and anyway, you would miss so much.

Then at
Izy
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, 2014
Rating~4.5 stars.

Review to come! :)
Lisa
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 “Knitting” “Neanderthal” “Freaking Nico!” “I love your crazy.” “Ash” “Ninja” Kisses

Hi. My name is Lisa…and I’m addicting to the Knitting in the City Series by Penny Reid. I feel like this is a safe space to discuss my addiction…but the thing is, I have no desire to take any steps towards my recovery. I have embraced my addiction with both arms wide open and my main goal now is to keep the fix going…forever. This series is beyond amazing…it makes me reevaluate all the previous times I “though
Alexandra
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
 photo 1412391680.gif

As a fan of Penny Reid's writing I was really excited to see how will she be able to captivate me with such short paragraphs - but, wow, was I wrong.
I fell in love all over again with her amazing and original characters. Each scene only made me remember why for me she's the master of romantic comedies - witty humor, splendid romance parts without them being cheesy or overly descriptive, her heroines show just enough vulnerability for them not to become the typical 'whiney woman' preferred by m
Maddevi *-*solemnly swears that she is up to no good*-*
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who loves good romance
Dear Ms Reid,

I love all your books but don’t have the wit to make an excellent and funny review for all of them. I just keep five starring them and liking other reviews to show my support. Also English is not my first language so please forgive my mistakes.

Oh this book is so wonderful and thoughtful of you. I really wanted to show my gratitude with this review. Thank you, THANK YOU, for understanding how hard it is for us great fans to leave your beautiful couples behind at the end of the story
Mandy
This collection is fantastic! With each story and each couple, I found myself saying, "Oh! This is my favorite story so far!" Every story in this book is wonderful. I love the characters Penny writes, they are unique, funny, warm, and crazy. Each short story covers a different part in these characters lives. Quinn and Janie on their honeymoon, Elizabeth and Nico shortly after their wedding, Alex and Sandra a year after their wedding, Ashley and Drew after having to be away from each other for a ...more
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-favs
*ARC provided because Penny Reid kicks ass*

I am not sure how she does it, but every time I read something new from Penny Reid I seem to fall even more in love with her characters. Scenes from the City is a delightfully charming swoon worthy collection of short stories from all the previously released Knitting in the City heroines and the epic introduction to Fiona and Greg from the upcoming book.

Each of the short stories is perfectly thought out and seems to magically answer the reader's need to
Maggie Welsh
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You know how sometimes when you haven't seen a favorite friend for a while and you don't realize how much you've missed them until you get to spend time with them again? Well, that's what this book is like. Janie and Quinn, Elizabeth and Nico, Sandra and Alex, Ashley and Drew - it's like having some of my favorite people back again after way too long. And then there's Fiona and Greg. I've always loved Fiona. She's who I want to be if I ever I grow up, and the glimpses of Greg, well, let's just s ...more
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
So, clearly, I loved this. Neanderthal Seeks Honeymoon was obviously sexy and funny. Friends Definitely With Benefits surprisingly addressed a serious topic that had been left open after Janie's Las Vegas party. Hacking the Hacker was awesome in a way only Alex and Sandra can manage. Beauty and the Beard was a much needed hot scene that was completely true to Ashley and Drew.

Then there was Ninja at First Sight. I'm disappointed, to say the least. DISAPPOINTED THAT THE STORY WAS THAT SHORT INSTEA

• Shiver: 13 Sexy Tales of Humor and Horror
  • Wanderlust (Modern Love Story, #3)
  • Killer Queen (Painted Faces, #2)
  • A Wish Upon Jasmine (La Vie en Roses, #2)
  • Summer Rain (Love in the Rain, #1)
  • Artistic License
  • Snow Falling on Bluegrass (Bluegrass, #3)
  • Hitched (Roman Holiday #2)
  • Laugh (Burnside, #2)
  • Legal Briefs (Lawyers in Love, #3)
  • Early Candlelight
  • This Is Me
  • Apples Should Be Red
  • Geek with the Cat Tattoo
Sign up for the newsletter of awesome: www.pennyreid.ninja/newsletter

Penny Reid is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Best Selling Author of the Winston Brothers, Knitting in the City, Rugby, and Hypothesis series. She used to spend her days writing federal grant proposals as a biomedical researcher, but now she just writes books. She’s also a full time mom to three diminutive

Knitting in the City (7 books)
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
  • Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City, #2)
  • Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3)
  • Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4; Winston Brothers, #0.5)
  • Happily Ever Ninja (Knitting in the City, #5)
  • Dating-ish (Knitting in the City, #6)
  • Marriage of Inconvenience (Knitting in the City, #7)
“Your birthday gift to me is to place me in the middle of an art heist so that I can taser someone?” He nodded, smiling, looking very proud. “Thank you, Alex. I mean it. I...I just love you so much.” 9 likes
“Greg…not everyone is capable of fighting the great fights. Not everyone is brave and strong and powerful. Let people have their causes. Allow them their victories, when victories can be had, without begrudging the wrongs that they right. Attending to injustice, no matter how small, is always a worthy cause.” 8 likes