Start by marking “Hunt (Shifters #6.5)” as Want to Read:
Hunt (Shifters #6.5)

Hunt

(Wildcats 0.5)

This short story was previously in the anthology Chicks Kick Butt

It’s been more than four years since Abby Wade survived capture and torture by a quartet of rogue shifters. Back then she was a scared kid, just trying to survive.

Now Abby is all grown up, and if she’s learned anything from training with Faythe Sanders, the world’s first female Alpha, it’s that she can take c
Published October 12th 2014 by Rachel Vincent

Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
1st Read: January 2015
2nd Read: July 2015
3rd Read: December 2017

I absolutely adore Rachel Vincet's Shifters series, I read it way back in 2010 and I still miss the world so as you can imagine I was incredibly excited when I heard that she was writing a new spin off paranormal romance series featuring some of the characters we've already met. The first book in the new Wildcats series, Lion's Share, is going to be published in February and features Abby and Jace as the main characters. I realised
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was psyched to be back in the SHIFTERS universe after such a prolonged break. I didn't remember much about Abby's character, but the Faythe & Jace bits were like getting a hug from an old friend. The protagonist's emotion fueled responses to a threatening situation led to some rash decisions which left me screaming at my eReader. Yes, Rachel Vincent managed to get that kind of reaction out of me in only 30-ish pages! I kept expecting Wade to be like Miss Sanders; however it took Faythe fiv ...more
Veronika
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Vincent is a truly gifted author! Her writing has pulled me into the story EVERY SINGLE TIME I've read a book from her.

I've read the Shifter series years ago, yet when I started Hunt, it felt like it was only yesterday. The story felt familiar, it felt like home and I welcomed every single detail.

I LOVED this novella and I also LOVE the fact that there will be a spin-off series set into the Shifters world. I can't wait!!!
Mandy
Abby thought it would be a chance to stretch her legs in her shifted form but when she takes off for a hike only to hear her friends being attacked she knows it’s not going to be what she expected. Returning to camp in her panther form Abby is surprised to see her friends being gutted open by a guy she knows from school. Abby has to act fast if she plans on saving any of them heading into battle in her panther form. While the fight stirs up only memories hopfully her training with Faythe will ke ...more
Steph
Hunt is a prequel to Rachel Vincent's upcoming new Shifters spinoff series, Wildcats. Yay! I loved Shifters and I'm thrilled she's decided to continue writing stories in that world, especially since Jace will be a main character.

Hunt reintroduces us to Faythe's cousin, Abby. It tells the story of how a camp trip with college friends goes wrong and sets up the scene for Lion's Share, the first book in Wildcats.

★★★
Sarah-Jane
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'll pretty much read anything by Rachel Vincent, and this was no exception. It's a short story written in the world of the Shifter series, set four years after the incidents in Stray. Abby has become tougher, learning from her cousin Faythe and it pays off. It's a satisfying short story and the addition of a Lions Share snippet was enough to have me wiggling my toes with excitement for the first book in the Shifters spin off. I am so excited, I can't even put it into words!

Krissy
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, novellas
I'm so excited for this. I freaking LOVE the Shifters series. This spin-off makes me as happy as a kid on Christmas.
Danya
4.5 Stars

With Hunt, Rachel Vincent introduces fans to her new self-published project: a Shifters spin-off series. The Shifters books were about a young woman named Faythe, a strong and tenacious enforcer for her Pride. While Faythe’s story has concluded, there were other characters in the series that fans wanted to hear from – and so Vincent’s idea for the Wildcats series was born.

Hunt re-introduces us to Abby Wade, college sophomore, political science major, and wild cat Shifter. Abby is unwind
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So I did read Rachel Vincent's Hunt when it was first in the Chicks Kick Butt anthology, but this one was supposed to have a little extra fodder for the new series that will expand the Shifters world!! Though, I must admit, I could not bring myself to read the sneak peek into Lion's Share. I have this thing about samplers or sneak peeks, I can't stand them! While in theory, they are very kind and generous and awesome...I'm just one of those readers who wants to read the whole thing! In the past ...more
Sabrina
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
READ ME:

I have always been a fan of this series! Rachel Vincent is a breath of fresh air and her stories are magnificent! "Hunt" is everything a short storty should be and more! Action, adventure, strong back story, and a tough female protagonist.

Abby Wade has been through a lot in the last four years, since we've last seen her in Stray. She is out camping with her fellow collegians when shit hits the fan, and she is tossed back to her troubled past. She races against the clock to stop her frie
Kat
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, 2014-read
Review
Abby been through a lot in the last four years, both emotionally, mentally and physically. She was beaten, scarred and also raped against Rouge Strays that were after females tabbies including herself, her tabby friend Sara and cousin Faythe Sanders.

But now four years later, Abby have gain back her strength and is ready to face anything that comes her way but when the attack is too close to her past and way to inhumane she need to fight.

Either Kill or BE Killed . . .

Can Abby face the dark
Jess
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This makes me very excited to return to the Shifter world that introduced me to Rachel Vincent years ago. This novella reintroduces us to Abby, one of the very few female tabbies in the world and her place in Jace's territory. She's in college now and still fights the demons from her past. Jace, now an alpha of his own territory, is Abby's alpha and while we don't get much about his personally in this novella since it's told from Abby's POV, I'm beyond excited to return to this world and get mor ...more
Katrina
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was so excited to hear that Rachel Vincent has decided to do a spin off series from her Shifter novels. I really loved that series and eagerly await more !!

This book Hunt was short and certainly sweet. Loved the preparation that this author has given us to the next full length book.

Loved the characters, the storyline and even though this was a short read it was worth every penny !!

Cant wait to read Jace's story , I always wanted a happy ending for him.

Lisa Morgenstern
This is a short story/novella, and a good hint of the next series of Werecat Shifters. I'm liking the characters, because I met them in the previous series but now we are focused on learning about them and how they interact. I am looking forward to learning more about Abby and how she and Jace and their working relationship develop.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015
I was very relieved that Abby didn't need to be rescued. At the start I was wondering and I was thinking oh please no! Nice novella to get back into the world. Haven't gotten "Lion's Share" yet, but I plan to.
Andrea Heltsley
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
Finally! Rachel Vincent has returned to the shifter world! Abby!!! Then there's Jace!!!! He is the best!!! I can't wait to read their story in Lion's Share! This short story was just enough to entice me back into the world I loved so much.
Michelle
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved this short mainly because it was absolutely fantastic to catch up with old friends. I loved Jace in the series and I am ecstaticly happy that he is getting his own book. I can not wait! I will be scheduling a re-read of the entire series soon :)
Amber Hughes
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
**4+ stars** I can't wait for the spin-off! The Shifters series is one of my favorites and I'm so glad Rachel is returning to the Werecats!
Cecilia
Shelves: short-stories
Read my full review at Book Obsession
Renee Winters
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
such a great transition from one serries to the next can't wait
Mel
I'm recycling my original review because I said all that needed to be said. On that note, I'm still so godsdamn excited that Ms. Vincent decided to expand on the Shifers world and give it a spin-off. I don't think I'll ever get enough in this world.

Original review: I loved Hunt, Shifters #6.5. It was great to see Abby come into her own after her tragic past. I felt such pride for her and then that returning lust when Jace walked onto the page. I was and will always be a Faythe and Marc shipper,
Bel Blackthorn
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
❛The rules of the hunt are simple. Kill or be killed.

Abby Wade is not ready to die.❜

★★★★✰ beautiful stars.

I completly loved it! Abby is a badass and such strong character. She've been through a lot in her past but she's not that little and insecure girl anymore! She's ready to fight now, she's gonna stand up and revenge her friends.

Hunt is a good introduction to a new series --which of course I'm gonna read!
Mariana P-Murray
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
really good!
I love the character development, having Aby overcome her traumatic past and fight the new monsters life has thrown her way. Her single handed victory just dives in the message that even though she'd been completely helpless once, it doesn't mean she has top be helpless forever.
Another great one for Rachel Vincent. So happy to know there is more.
Lizzie
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
A good bridge to the new series.
Kenya Wright
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shapeshifters
This was a cute short that made me want to read more of the series. However, this really could've just been the beginning of the next book. It was super short.
Angel
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal
Loved the Shifter series but just couldn't get into this one. I was hoping for a lot more with Jace but sigh wasn't to be.
Ahnah
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very exciting book! Definitely want to read the rest of the series!
Noh
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Meh. Sorry, but it feels like a repeat of the original Shifters series. Hopefully, Abby turns out better than Faythe. I never did like Faythe. I did like Marc and to an extent, Jace.
Lori Long
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

I am glad that she has brought back her shifters in a new series. This was a good short story to introduce this series. I can hardly wait to start Abby's and Jace's story.
Lorna
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5 Stars. Way too short! But a super exciting read as well. Well written but I was left wanting more. Should have had more of a beginning and more of an ending. Just my opinion. My first read by this author. Free on Amazon!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Like Part of the Family
  • Wrong Ways Down (Downside Ghosts, #1.5)
  • Inch by Inch (The Professor's Rule, #3)
  • Web of Deceit (Elemental Assassin, #0.2)
  • The Rooftop: A Story of Fallon and Reign (Entwined Realms, #1.2)
  • Forsaken (Otherworld Stories, #13.5)
  • Magic Bites - Fernando's (Curran POV #2)
  • How To Heal a Broken Heart
  • Dance in the Vampire Bund Vol. 11
  • Blooded (Jessica McClain, #0.5)
  • A Darker Past (The Darker Agency, #2)
  • Hellcursed (The Shadowfae Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Sweet Sixteen (Raised by Wolves, #1.5)
  • My Haunted Blender's Gay Love Affair, and Other Twisted Tales
[Note: Though Rachel's blog entries are cross posted here, she does not frequent Goodreads. The best ways to contact her are FB, Twitter, or her Wordpress blog. PLEASE DO NOT SEND HER MESSAGES HERE. SHE DOES NOT CHECK THEM.]

A resident of Oklahoma, Rachel Vincent has a BA in English and an overactive imagination, and consistently finds the latter to be more practical. She shares her workspace with

Wildcats (4 books)
  • Lion's Share (Wildcats, #1)
  • Blind Tiger (Wildcats, #2)
  • Wild Card (Wildcats, #3)
  • Untitled (Wildcats, #4)