Start by marking “What Price Love? (Cynster, #13)” as Want to Read:
What Price Love? (Cynster, #13)

What Price Love?

(Cynster #13)

Enter the unforgettable world of New York Times bestselling author Stephanie Laurens, creator of the phenomenal Cynster family. This amazing clan -- and their friends -- is a bold, powerful group of men who let nothing stand in their way when it comes to matters of the heart. And in this, Stephanie Laurens's newest novel, a passionate man and a daring woman confront the ul ...more
Published January 30th 2007 by Avon (first published March 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about What Price Love?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Price Love?

Start your review of What Price Love? (Cynster, #13)
Treece
What Price Love?

Rating: 4 ½ stars

Dillon Caxton is gorgeous, strong-willed and passionate, a consummate risk-taker who has paid his dues. So when he meets his match in Lady Priscilla/Pris Dallow/Dalloway, equally beautiful, stubborn and hot-blooded, there is no turning back for either of them.

Set in Newmarket amidst the glitter and muck of the racing culture, there is love, intrigue, and loads of glam as Dillon and Pris maneuver courtship rites, the upper echelons of the ton and the seedier elem
fleurette
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I discovered books by Stephanie Laurens just few years ago, after many years of reading historical romances. And I'm still amazed by actually how good her books are. What Price Love? is a great example.

Pris's twin brother discovered some cheating plot on horse races, than disappeared without a word. Pris, therefore, abandons her native Ireland and goes to look for her brother. It turns out that the scam is connected in some way with the registration of racing horses, guarded by Dillon. Dillon an
Halcat
Mar 02, 2013 rated it did not like it
I've read and enjoyed other books by Laurens, but I'm struggling to finish this one. The main characters bond over how difficult it is to be really really ridiculously good looking, and their contempt of people who are dazzled by their beauty (except each other, of course), which is incredibly off-putting. They start having sex quite early in the book, without any thought to contraception or discussion of their relationship.

Laurens' most irritating writing quirks, repeating herself and using un
Susan (susayq ~)
Finally. I don't know that I've ever been so happy to finally reach the end of a book.

While I've absolutely loved some of the books in this series, this one just didn't work for me. I don't like the heroine and how it kept being repeated that she was just so stinkin' beautiful people went dumb when they saw her. While there was an interesting mystery, I thought thy spent too much time hashing and rehashing their plans rather than just doing it. The last 25-30 pages were outstanding and held all
Lissy Liz
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chitra *CJ*
Jul 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: v-card, safety-first
This is a book about two really really pretty people.
Getting this out there because it was basically the basis for the story line.
Pris is a gorgeous belle. Her twin Rus gets mixed up in horse trade and racing world and disappears. She realizes to find and save him she needs to see the records- hence she travels and meets Dillion, who is Flick's really handsome cousin.
They meet, interact, having really really hot sex in various locations, solve mysteries and live hea.
The cynsters have started fol
Christa绮思
Sheila Melo
Apr 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story About Cynster Extended Family

WHAT PRICE LOVE? is the thirteenth Cynster novel. This is the story of Dillon Caxton, Flick's cousin from A ROGUE'S PROPOSAL. Dillon got involved in a horse race fixing scheme that his cousin helped extract him from. For ten years, Dillon has worked to rebuild his honor. He has succeeded and is now trusted with the register of all the racing horses in England. Priscilla Dalloway is determined to get access to the register. She is concerned about her twin brothe
liz
Jun 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book was so engrossing! In addition to the usual "I'm feisty, you're feisty, together we're spicy" romance plotline, there's a very intricate plot about horse racing and switching out horses and a gambling racket. It was fascinating! I actually enjoyed it a lot, even though I'm kind of burned out on romance novels.

In that respect, saddling herself with an innocent, sweet young thing like Miss Blake wasn't what one would expect of a clever and intelligent femme fatale. Yet Miss Dalling qual
Vivian
Jul 04, 2011 rated it liked it
So this is what the two main characters have in common: they're both so unbelievably gorgeous that beauty means nothing to them and they're able to look beneath the superficial. Seriously? And the steamy scenes got so flowery and abstract, I just started skipping over them. THAT is unheard of for me. It's a good thing Laurens is such a good writer because this formula that she uses with all the Cynster novels is wearing thin.
Kit★
Cynster time again! I liked this one decently enough. Not a favorite in the series, but I didn't dislike it. Was the odd man out in the group this month I guess. Sure, Pris got a bit annoying with her self-assurance in her looks, and the way the author kept rubbing it in our faces that she was so amazingly, inconceivably gorgeous got old after the first chapter or two, but in a Cynster world full of stunningly beautiful people, I have to say I'm kinda used to too many overly attractive people. S ...more
Morgan Pugh
Aug 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Dillon Caxton is disillusioned with love. Blessed with wealth, status, and stunning good looks, he has no time for marriage-hungry misses. As a guardian of the "sport of kings" he has a daring criminal scheme to thwart-one that threatens to wreak havoc on the thoroughbred racing world.

Lady Priscilla Dalloway has to rescue her horse-mad twin brother from the dangerous swindle in which he's become embroiled.
ShoSho
One of my least favorite in the series , the best words to describe it are boring and repetitive . There was a mystery and they had a plan to find the villain so they were repeating their plans and findings over and over. The romance part wasn't bad but it was lost in the whole mystery thing and it didn't have anything new compare to the other books in the series. Or I simply wasn't in the mood for this book!
If it wasn't for a challenge and the buddy read , I would have DNFed it!
Philip
Feb 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Regency romance set not in London, for a change, but amongst the horse racing at Newmarket.
Jessi
Lady Priscilla Dalloway has a good reason for masquerading as Miss Priscilla Dalling. She's looking for her brother, her twin Russ. After their father forbade him from working with horses, Russ disappeared. Pris just wants to make sure that he is still okay. It turns out, he is not. He has stumbled on a swindle that could send ripples across the racing world. Luckily, Pris has met just the man to help.
Dillon Caxton knows about swindles. He was involved in setting one up in his youth. Luckily, hi
Lashette
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So good to get into straight romance again. And boy was this a good choice. Its been awhile since I've read a Cynster novel and I picked up right where I left off. The ending truly spoke of why I enjoy this series so much. The family; the support and the love truly make this series.

Some cons. Both Pris and Dillon are too pretty for the world apparently, lol. I do not remembwr Dillon being considered this hot in Demon and Flick's story. Yes he was younger but usually people considered this good l
Srivalli Rekha
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I like SL's characters but not in this book. For the first half, I thought Pris was stupid at her best. I mean, she goes to a new place to save her brother and knows absolutely nothing about what is going on. She couldn't trust Dillon to share what she knew but she sure as hell could have sex with him.

Dillon definitely grew up from being irresponsible but I got bored of reading about how he and Pris were really handsome, beautiful and no one could take their eyes off them. I understood they wer
Barbara Leuthe
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great storyteller Stephanie Laurens is.I have loved every book in this series and always look for her books.The Cynster family books are just such well rounded books ,you invest in these characters and cant wait to see what they are up to in the next book.
Hannah Merwin
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some of their affair felt like it went from 0 to 60 in no time but otherwise I liked the scheme and how they worked through solving it. And Dillon’s campaign to marry her after he fucked it up the first time was enjoyable.
June
Apr 22, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cynster fans
Recommended to June by: Redeemed bad boy romance
Pris is determined to save her twin. After falling out with their father Rus finds a job in a racing stable. However, he then disappears. Pris heads to New Market to try and find him. There she meets Dillon when she tries to talk him into seeing the Register. Sparks fly...
Margaux
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Dillon. So glad I finally got to listen to his book.
Shivauney
Great plot but the heroine could be seriously annoying at times
Risfor Rogue
Slow moving for me.
Monica H.
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Karen Darling
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
I could not finish this book. I made it to chapter 8. I got sick of the hero and the heroin trying to seduce information out of each other. From chapter 1 - 8 that was all they did.
Barbara
Gotta love Prudence. :-) Even at age 10.
I do like this one a lot.
Claire A
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve become addicted to Stephanie Laurens and her Bastion Club & Cynster Family series. Hot characters, hot sex & mysteries. Bravo! ...more
Kem
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
An interesting plot. It was good to read of Flick, Dillon, and Demon again. The read is a little slow at the beginning, but it picked up fairly quickly. Loved the closure. The really bad guy got his really bad just desserts. I really got a kick out of what the young would-be rapists got.
An Odd1
Jan 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x-rate, action, romance
Lusty liasons are prime, strikingly gorgeous bodies collide, of course love for the spirit within, not sensible plots. A whole family interacts with the Cynster clan, Barnaby Adair rolls with the punches, to swell the series of luscious luxuriant ladies and their virile knight-errants.

September 1831 Newmarket Suffolk, Irish Lady Priscilla Dalloway 24 of "curvaceous figure .. sumptuous breasts" p 512 dons her twin (tosh on nonsense shared feelings) Russell's breeches to save him from racing scam
« previous 1 3 next »

• Rebellious Desire
  • The Conqueror (deWarenne Dynasty, #1)
  • While the Duke Was Sleeping (The Rogue Files, #1)
  • The Trouble With Honor (The Cabot Sisters, #1)
  • Tempting the Laird (Highland Grooms, #5)
  • Scottish Brides
  • Simply Perfect (Simply Quartet #4)
  • Seduction on a Snowy Night
  • Forever and a Duke (Rogues to Riches, #3)
  • Tall, Dark and Royal (The Renegade Royals, #2.5)
  • Wicked Widow (Vanza, #3)
  • Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2)
  • Simply Magic (Simply Quartet #3)
  • Sapphires Are an Earl's Best Friend (Jewels of the Ton, #3)
  • Hunting for a Highlander (Highland Brides, #8)
  • Schooling the Duke (The Heart of a Scandal, #1)
  • Desire
  • Someone to Trust (Westcott, #5)
Stephanie Laurens was born in Sri Lanka, which was at the time the British colony of Ceylon. When she was 5, her family moved to Melbourne, Australia, where she was raised. After continuing through school and earning a Ph.D. in Biochemistry in Australia, Stephanie and her husband moved to Great Britain, taking one of the last true overland journeys from Katmandu to London.

Once in London, Stephanie

Cynster (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Devil's Bride (Cynster, #1)
  • A Rake's Vow (Cynster, #2)
  • Scandal's Bride (Cynster, #3)
  • A Rogue's Proposal (Cynster,  #4)
  • A Secret Love (Cynster, #5)
  • All About Love (Cynster, #6)
  • All About Passion (Cynster, #7)
  • On a Wild Night (Cynster, #8)
  • On a Wicked Dawn (Cynster, #9)
  • The Perfect Lover (Cynster, #10)