Start by marking “A Star Is Born” as Want to Read:
A Star Is Born

A Star Is Born

(Stardust Stables #1)

New girl Kami can't wait to join the team at Stardust Stables, but she soon discovers that life there isn't all glitz and glamour. There's plenty of stall cleaning to do, not to mention the hours of training! When a studio comes looking for a stunt girl to do horseback riding for a major new movie, Kami is eager to get the job. But will she have enough experience to rise t ...more
Published March 1st 2015 by Stone Arch Books (first published January 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Star Is Born, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Star Is Born

Start your review of A Star Is Born
Leigh
I received this from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

A Star Is Born is a quick, enjoyable read that is written for young adults, but will be enjoyed by anyone who likes horses.

Stardust Stables is a training facility for teenage stunt riders and horses to be used in the entertainment industry. Stunt riding requires perseverance, patience, hours of training and skill. Kami was recruited for her horse riding accomplishments, but is she up to the task? She is the new girl and is required
Gaele
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley, reviewed
The first of a new series focusing on a group of teenaged equestrians that are learning their craft in a stable that provides horses and riders for the film industry. Sable Hamilton managed to keep the horse and horse-related elements honest and accurate while still providing readers with a story that is engaging and entertaining.

Kammi is a well-regarded rider, and has been invited to join the team at Stardust Stables for a 6 week working student program. She’ll learn the ins and outs of trick
Clare O'Beara
This is written by Jenny Oldfield under a pen name. She has written many young adult horse stories in the past such as the Horses of Half-Moon Ranch, and Mustangs series, so I have to take it that she has switched publisher and is tied to the first publisher by a contract that stops her using her name or series for a new firm. Authors, read your contracts carefully, or better yet, publish independently.

A keen rodeo competitor has been chosen to train as a stunt rider by a firm which supplies th
Elaine
Thirteen year old Kami Cooper is staying at Stardust Stables for six weeks this summer. She was invited to do so by Lizzie Jones, one of the owners, who had spotted her winning a barrel racing contest. She’s going there to learn how to do stunt riding and is initially in awe of the riders there and their abilities. As she starts to makes new friends, learns how to do stunts (sometimes falling off and ‘eating dirt’ as she does so), Kami also has to overcome feelings of homesickness. With audition ...more
Claire (Cem)
3.5/5. If you're looking for a fun, exciting horsey read, you'll certainly get that here. Kami is 13 and spending her summer learning to be a stunt rider, and trying to get a part in a big upcoming film. The story is quick, fun and enjoyable, and any horse mad girl from 8 upwards will no doubt love this story.

For me, in my late 20's and still totally horse mad, it was frustrating at times. Like the ridiculousness of teaching stunts like standing on a horses back at canter, rather than halt as wo
Skye
Mar 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was interesting to read about the different horses in Stardust Stables and that each horse was better at different stunts than others. For example, some were better at working near fire and explosions, while others specialized in playing dead or with water stunts. I learned some horse tips here and there and found out that there are special equine aircrafts with stalls in them and everything. It was a fun and easy read. A Star is Born by Sable Hamilton is a sweet book. Any young girl with an ...more
Vanessa
Kami is the newest rider at the Stardust Stables, a learning ranch for stunt riders. She is in love with her horse, Magic, and is eager to prove herself, though terrified she'll fall on her face in the attempt. When she lands a big stunt role in a movie, it seems like everything is going to be OK. Now if only she could figure out her relationship drama...

This was a cute book for any girl who loves horses. Recommended for ages 8-12.
Katarina
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a sucker for horse books. And I'm a sucker for good stories. My guilty pleasure.

This is one. I enjoyed this so much that I had a great big grin on my face when the book ended. I wish I could do any of the stunts these riders do, it sounds like so much fun! Throw in some movie sets, teen crushes and egos and you got a great mix for a couple hours well spent reading this book.
Mrs. Ehlers
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kami is going to spend her summer working at a horse ranch learning how to become a stunt girl. In addition to learning stunts she has lots of chores to do around the ranch. Making friends is easy but the drama starts once Hollywood comes looking for a stunt girl. If you enjoy this book you will also enjoy the others in the Stardust Stables series.
May 23, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book! I give it 3 stars because the book has a kind of boring story line. I like the trick riding in it. I did not like how the mean girl turns nice in the end. The mean girl was making the book better. Not a book I will buy.
Arides
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're a horse passionate... You'll love this book! I enjoyed reading this short novel even though there's just few pages. Any age can read this book. It's amazing!
Bec
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great new horse lovers series. We have brought all 4 books for our school library (i just borrowed them first lol)
PWRL
Amber Hartsfield
Mar 04, 2020
Ava Thompson
Sep 29, 2017

• Tales of an 8-Bit Kitten: Lost in the Nether: An Unofficial Minecraft Adventure
  • Windborn (The Guardian Herd #4)
  • Small Town Rumors
  • Stormbound (The Guardian Herd, #2)
  • Diary of an 8-Bit Warrior: From Seeds to Swords - An Unofficial Minecraft Adventure
  • Diary of an 8-Bit Warrior: An Unofficial Minecraft Adventure
  • Diary of an 8-Bit Warrior: Crafting Alliances (Book 3 8-Bit Warrior series): An Unofficial Minecraft Adventure
  • On Tour (Girl Online #2)
  • The Wrong Bachelor
  • All About the Hype (Jessie Jefferson, #3)
  • The High Note (Girl vs. Boy Band #2)
  • I Knew You Were Trouble (Jessie Jefferson, #2)
  • How Hard Can Love Be? (The Spinster Club, #2)
  • The Start of Me and You (The Start of Me and You, #1)
  • I Hate You More
  • The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson (Jessie Jefferson, #1)
  • Going Solo (Girl Online, #3)
  • The Right Track (Girl vs. Boy Band #1)
Sable Hamilton is the pen name for Jenny Oldfield, author of a wide range of books for children and young adults - including internationally successful mini series, Beautiful Dead and Dark Angel. With Stardust Stables, she has returned to one of her favourite subjects - the glamour, the thrills and the trials of working with horses!

Stardust Stables (4 books)
  • Wildfire (Stardust Stables, #2)
  • Free Spirit (Stardust Stables, #3)
  • Sunset in the West (Stardust Stables, #4)

News & Interviews