Start by marking “The Bone Flower Queen (The Bone Flower Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Bone Flower Queen (The Bone Flower Trilogy, #2)

The Bone Flower Queen

(The Bone Flower Trilogy #2)

4.5  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Having defeated the sorcerer god Smoking Mirror and reclaimed her throne, Quetzalpetlatl and her brother Topiltzin set out to found Quetzalcoatl’s new holy city and end human sacrifice throughout the Toltec world.

But Smoking Mirror hasn’t abandoned his own ambitions for power; with his allies–mortal and divine–threatening war among the gods, he’s shifted his focus to Quetz
Published December 15th 2014 by Feathered Serpent Books

To ask other readers questions about The Bone Flower Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bone Flower Queen

Isa Lavinia

Book provided by the author for review.

trigger warnings: incest, self-harm, human sacrifice, violence

The first book of this series was hard to read - not because it wasn't good, quite on the contrary! - but because it dealt with issues that are culturally taboo to me, namely incest. It makes for an uncomfortable love story when it's between two siblings...

The thing is, it was one of those books that stay with you. I thought of it on and off between its release and this one's release. So you ca
Lauralee
Quetzalpetlatl and her brother Topiltzin are now King and Queen of Tollan, a city they have founded on which they could build their dreams and end human sacrifice. However, they soon find that the peace and prosperity they have hoped for is over. Smoking Mirror is back and wants to start a war with Quetzalcoatl. He turns his eye on Quetzalpetlatl and tries to convince her that Quetzalcoatl is not the just god he claims to be. Caught in the midst of a war between the gods, Quetzalpetlatl soon lea ...more
Tiamatty
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I got this free through Goodreads Giveaways. I should note that I didn't read the previous book, but I never felt lost while reading this one. I found this book to be excellent. It's based on stories of Mexico from the days before even the Mayans, which is a period I've read nothing about, but which I found very interesting here, presented very well. The writing style was very good, making the protagonist a very compelling character. Easy to relate to, because despite her intelligence, she's sti ...more
Oracleofdoom
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Like the first book, there really is not a dull moment in here. A lot happened, and like in the first book, so much changed from beginning to end. I felt that there was a great deal more character development in this one, which I had hoped for. I felt like I got to know Citlallotoc and Topiltzin very well, and I found the the villains incredibly interesting as well.

Occasionally I found Quetzalpetlatl a little bit frustrating. She distrusted characters I felt were being sincere, and she was
Sandra Kerns
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes fantasy or Aztec culture fiction
Recommended to Sandra by: I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.
The Bone Flower Queen is an amazing follow-up to The Bone Flower Throne! As with the first book, when I had to put it down I was sad. Unfortunately, I was out of the country and not near internet, so my review has taken a while to get here. T.L. MorganfieldThe characters were well fleshed out in the first book and become even greater in this one. The tension between the hero & heroine is amazing and you cheer for them through the entire book despite their odd circumstances. Morganfield's mas ...more
Aliette
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Quetzalpetlatl and her brother Little Reed have defeated the sorcerer Smoking Mirror, and can now re-establish the worship of the Feathered Serpent Quetzalcoatl. But things aren't that simple--Smoking Mirror was not killed, merely temporarily set back, and he's now shifted his attacks to Quetzalpetlatl. Meanwhile, Little Reed and Quetzalcoatl both act elusive, keeping secrets from Quetzalpetlatl--secrets that kill...

This is a lovely continuation of the first volume--I really like the focus on T
Paula
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this book for NetGalley.

Ms. Morganfield simultaneously entertains and educates the reader with this novel. I thoroughly reading her book and learned a lot about the Toltec civilization and religion.

Excellent characters (no one is perfect here, even the gods!), plotting and world setting. A wonderful introduction to Meso American history and culture. Ms. Morganfield has put her heart into this book and it shows. Great job, and I look forward to reading the concluding book in the trilogy.
Sandy
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow.

Without giving away anything, this book made me cry and laugh out loud. Ending was a cliffhanger and I am keeping this short because I have to buy the next in series. Fantastic. Long, quality read. Well worth the money. Written with love and passion.
Marilyn Stanley
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The characters in this novel make it a sure bet. It is book two of the Bone Flower trilogy and every bit as good, if not better, than the first. It is action-packed and full of suspense from start to the , what I thought, was a surprise ending.

I highly recommend this book!!
Julie S
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
One of the few sequels that really surpasses the first book. What a great story, riveting from beginning to end. I am now hoping there is a third book in the works!
Luther Siler
Kim Hathorn
Hyosun
Raena
Nov 24, 2014
T. L. Morganfield lives in Colorado with her husband and children. She's an alumna of the Clarion West Workshop and she graduated from Metropolitan State University with dual degrees in English and History. She reads and writes way too much about Aztec history and mythology, but it keeps her muse happy, which makes for a happy writer, so she has no plans of changing her ways.

The Bone Flower Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Bone Flower Throne (The Bone Flower Trilogy, #1)
  • The Bone Flower Goddess (The Bone Flower Trilogy, #3)