Start by marking “Eye of the Storms: The Rock Star's Gulf Coast Girl” as Want to Read:
Eye of the Storms: The Rock Star's Gulf Coast Girl

Eye of the Storms: The Rock Star's Gulf Coast Girl

(Silver Strings G)

Is the cure for a breakup a hookup?

Marissa Duplei has one mission. Pick herself up, dust the ex off, and get dirty with someone else. However, sexy, inked-up, metal-musician Jack Storm is not the average girl’s revenge fling.

A tour bus bang.
A one night stand gone awry.
A secret to keep at all costs.

Could it all lead to love?

Eye of the Storms (Book 1)

♪♫ Marissa ♫♪

Looking bac
Published November 17th 2014 by Rock Star Reads

To ask other readers questions about Eye of the Storms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eye of the Storms

Start your review of Eye of the Storms: The Rock Star's Gulf Coast Girl
Carissa
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s-2014

4 “Hey” "what if" stars

A refreshingly sweet and swoon worthy romance story.

Jack Storm and Marissa Duplei come across each other at a Rock festival, when a little cutie pie of a puppy catches Marissa's eye. Running wildly and still attached to his leash. Marissa scoops him up and they both go in search of his owner.

Marissa was a lot nicer than I would have been. If I came across this cutie, he would have been puppy napped.

Marissa stumbles across Jack Storm, puppy owner, lead vocalist
Lustful Literature
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
** JOSIE'S 4 STAR REVIEW **

Eye of the Storms by Lisa Gillis is a great rocker read that is full of angst, drama, secrets and misunderstandings. This books gives us different times in these characters lives. From the first time the couple met to 5months then 5 years later. Normally I’m not a huge fan of jumps in time but with this one we get to see how their relationship develops and how much they have grown and changed over that time span. I found the plot was easy to follow and I felt dra
Crystal
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Marissa just suffered an ultimate betrayal. She caught her fiance with another woman. Her best friend Olivia has dragged her to a music festival in hopes that Rissa will move on. She definitely does, by moving in the bed of Jack Storm. Their connection is off the charts hot and leave both with
"what ifs". Years later circumstances arise and Marissa contacts Jack. The connection is still there. Can they make amends?

Jack is soft hearted for a hard rocker. He"s the type that is easy to fall for and
Catherine
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When Marissa and Jack first meet its a whirlwind of love making then good bye with random hey texts here and there. However five years later when the secrete Marissa has been hiding comes out, their son, she finds an angry Jack in her life once again. Having never forgotten his time with Marissa all those years ago, Jack finds himself wanting not only time with his son but a second chance with Marissa too. However things are never that easy as misconception on her part leads to hurt feelings by ...more
Book Fancy
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
An ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

Jack Storm is a famous sexy rockstar. Marissa is at a rock festival and stumbles upon a lost puppy. The puppy belongs to none other than Jack Storm. When Marissa returns the puppy to Jack, sparks instantly ignite! These two have some definite chemistry!! They spend some time together and then go their separate ways. Well five years later, Marissa contacts Jack and they are brought back together again. The chemistry is still scorching between them
Sassy Southern
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Eye of the Storm by Lisa Gillis is not your typical rocker book. Marissa goes with her friend to a rock fest and her friend quickly finds a way back stage. Marissa then finds a puppy and she begins to look for the owner, who is none other than Jack the lead singer of a band. Jack thinks Marissa is just trying to get one thing from him but quickly realizes she doesn't even know who he is. After spending several hours together the two depart from each other. The do try to stay in touch but over ti ...more
Jamie Sadler
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
These two cant seem to get out of their own way. Marissa is trying to get over a bad break up and Jack is too worried hes going to get screwed or taken advantage of. They have an instant connection and what was meant to be a one time fling turns into so much more for them both even though for some reason they both do everything they can to ruin it. The innocence and love of a little boy brings two families together. Although I will say Id like to slap the snot out of Marissa's mother.:)
LaDonna
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arr
Fantastic rewrite of the first two Jack Storm books, the way the very talented author originally intended. I thought Jack and Marriss were pretty great the first time around, but they are simply exquisite now. A bit sexier, a bit more rounded out, and simply fantastic.

A more complete review to be added soon. I did receive an ARC from the author.
Mayas
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a very good start to a relationship. A run away dog being returned to it's rightful honor after being ditched turns into one night of passion, nine months of secrets, five years of yearning, and one call that changes it all. Marissa and Jack are a couple on the rise and Tristan is the glue that pulled them in the directions they need to be in.

I can't wait for book 2.
Susan Gottfried
Jan 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I was so excited to read this. Lisa Gillis! I've known her online in passing for years, although not terribly well. I've heard about her Rock Fiction for even longer and been dying to read the books to see if they were as good as I was led to believe they are.

I don't remember how or when this came across my radar as a freebie, but I grabbed it. Because Lisa Gillis! WOOT.

But... it opens in a scenario reminiscent of Jessica Lemmon's Return of the Bad Boy, only this doesn't put me off the way that
Mariam Markitani
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed reading this book but i can not say that a week from now i will remember much of it. It is the typical rock-star hero with a random-girl-he-really-has-a-connection-with read which is not bad but at the same time has nothing original to make it special.
Book-Bosomed  blog
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
3 Stars via Amazon and my blog's rating system.

Note: This review may not be spoiler free as there’s simply no way to honestly review/discuss without alluding to certain details which may be construed as reveals.

Eye of the Storms is the story of Marissa and Jack. Marissa is a hotel casino worker. Jack plays in a band. They have a random hook-up at a concert which leaves them with a lifelong connection.

This is an updated version (actually the original), as it was previously published in third pe
Joy Pantorillo
Nov 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-release, arc
*Copy provided as part of blog tour*

While reading, I was surprised on how the story turn out. It is very different from what the synopsis gives.

The characters. Marissa and Jake. These two have been attracted once they have a glimpsed of each other. It started with a glimpsed but continued with a memorable experience. They are from two different worlds — one who is famous and one who living a simple life.

The story. As I have said is very different from what I’ve expected. I was expecting more of
TDCbookreviews
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Marissa has just had a terrible break up with her fiancee, to help get over it she accompanies her friend to a music festival, and after one night of passion with Jack Storm her life is forever changed. Jack is a rock star, plain and simple, but there is something about Marissa that he can't quite explain or forget. Their passion is deep, but is it only a lustful attraction or could it lead to happily ever after?
I'm not normally a fan of these type of books, but I was pulled in by Lisa Gillis'
Sandi Ramirez
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I picked this book up back in 2015 and have no idea why I did not read it until now. Boy I am glad I did read it today and the second book is out too. IT IS SO GOOD!
Here are the deets.... Jack and Marissa story is not your typical love story. It is maybe, kinda a typical rockstar story with a "twist". Marissa and her bestie Olivia head out to meet some guys (hopefully band members on Olivia's part) and see if they can get into some trouble. Marissa had just gotta out of a long term relationship
Kimothy
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
This story has a 'meet-cute' with the central characters all thanks to an adorable lost puppy that belongs to the rockstar Jack. The meeting and interactions between Jack and Marissa are so sweet and then time begins to separate them and as usual life seems to get in the way. The reconnection between the characters years later is fraught with secrets and truths that need revealing, but it was handled in a way that made me love the characters even more than i did when they first met each other. L ...more
Twin Opinions
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reading this book I fell in love with Jack and then Tristan. I don't think a woman alive would not fall for Jack. WOW! Marissa was a little too insecure. I wanted to slap her and say get over it! I totally understand but, at the same time she went too far. She also should have never kept her secret. Jack has some communication problems himself, but the big one here is with Marissa. I did love this story. So great! I really look forward to more of their story. I love this and I do hope it all end ...more
Renee at Book Happiness
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this for an honest review... I have to say that this was a very refreshing rocker book.. Marissa and Jack meet backstage at one of his concerts all because of a dog and end up having a rocking good time. Both want something from the other and they got it and then they go their separate ways a few texts or phone calls here and there fast forward 5 years and Marissa needs Jacks help with the son she had that he knew nothing about.
I really enjoyed this book with it not being a typical r
Jill Bridgeman
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. Jack and Marissa really do make a great couple. Even when the truth finally did come out to Jack, I had this feeling in the back of my mind that they would ultimately end up together. Yes, they each jumped to conclusions at times about the other person, but they ultimately wanted to make things work. I hope book 2 is just as good.
Beate
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
A rock star romance with an interesting twist.

Jack and Marissa meet at a rock festival and it's mind blowing. But it takes five years and a emergency until they meet again and their lives are turned upside down.

Told in first person, the POV from time to times switches between the two main characters. I'd like to have read more of Jack's perspective.
Kelly Yekel
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have received this Arc in exchange for a honest!
I dug this book! The conflicts of emotion between Jack and Marissa, were enough to keep on the edge of my seat. Wandering if they'd likely be able to get past the fact that Marissa not telling Jack he has was have a child. Eventually getting it together in the end. I just have to say this book is a must read!
Susan Page
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this as a free book, and didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. It is a cracking story, moves along at a fast pace and keeps the tensions going throughout. A good read.
Lisa
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is great its not your typical rocker book its got romance hot sex and kids and trials its worth the read
Mia
Nov 23, 2018
Tracey Ball
Aug 22, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Lisa Gillis resides in Texas, with her husband who is the inspiration to her fictional men, her son who is the light of her world, and a spoiled chocolate lab, Bailey.

Writing is a recent passion and she strives in her books to blend a perfect mixture of fantasy and reality.

Her love for music, bands, and concerts inspired her Silver Strings Series.

When she is not writing those little voices out

Silver Strings G (5 books)
  • Jack Who?: Perfect Storms (Silver Strings G, #1)
  • Weathering Jack Storm (Silver Strings G, #2)
  • Snow Storms: A Wish on a Rock Star (Silver Strings G, #3)
  • Storm's Eye: The Rock Star's West Coast Girl