Start by marking “Beard Science (Winston Brothers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Beard Science (Winston Brothers, #3)

Beard Science (Winston Brothers #3)

4.52  ·  Rating Details ·  7,352 Ratings  ·  1,102 Reviews
2016 Goodreads Choice Awards Finalist
USA TODAY BESTSELLER

Make a deal with the devil and you might get what you want, but will it be what you need?

Jennifer Sylvester wants one thing, and that one thing is NOT to be Tennessee’s reigning Banana Cake Queen. Ever the perpetual good girl and obedient daughter, Jennifer is buckling under the weight of her social media celebrity,
Published October 11th 2016 by Cipher-Naught

To ask other readers questions about Beard Science, please sign up.

Penny Reid I'm writing as fast as I can!!! I promise <3 :-)
Go re-read Beauty and the Mustache, and then maybe Nietzsche's collected works.

Penny Reid
Oct 07, 2014 Penny Reid marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Christy
Oct 26, 2016 Christy rated it it was amazing
5 stars!!!

photo D8EF4187-A1FF-493E-A054-1C3E625D0494_zpsh6zpq8a8.jpg

From the moment I read the first book in the Winston Brothers series, I knew Cletus Winston was the brother I wanted most to read about. There was something about Cletus, and honestly, I thought Penny would make his book last since so many of us wanted it. I’m thankful that the wait wasn’t too long and his book was third in the series. Beard Science was a fantastic addition to this series, just like I knew it would be.

We all know about Cletus Winston. He’s the sneaky brother. The one
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 leprosy stars!

“ You’ll know one day, Cletus. You’ll discover what it’s like to find the other part of yourself. You’ll know it’s her, only her, always her. Maybe not right away, but eventually you’ll know. She’ll be your beginning, middle and end. And your intentions won’t matter. Love brings its own intentions, and all other plans, hopes and dreams fade to insignificance in the face of love.”

So let me start off with why I am the worst Penny Reid fan ever. I’ve read all but one of her bo
Jenny - Book Sojourner
5+ STARS

'Beard Science' was quite simply... AMAZING! To say that I had high hopes for Cletus's book would be an understatement. My anticipation level was off the charts. And Penny Reid NAILED it! Cletus and Jennifer's story rocked my socks off. I can't imagine this story going any other way. I absolutely fell in love with Cletus and Jennifer. Well, I was already in love with Cletus, but mostly as a quirky sidekick who would always keep me on my toes. But Cletus in love brings it all to a whole n
Bibi
 photo 44252284-fa5d-4a5e-aaa4-794da37abc8e_zpsmgwwltcq.jpg..O Cletus, Cletus...you are the man. Yep, Yep, I lurve me some Cletus.

Can Penny be more on point? You know you're in the presence of a comedic genius when you read a book that makes you snort-laugh so hard you spit coffee at your e-reader. At. Every. Second. Page.

I was captivated by this book. It oozed with witty and intelligent dialogue. I have never aspired to write novels but if Penny Reid taught writing, I'd enroll in that class. Purely to learn how to write such scintillating dialogue.

T
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 **just perfect** STARS

“You’ll know one day, Cletus. You’ll discover what it’s like to find the other part of yourself. You’ll know it’s her, only her, always her. Maybe not right away, but eventually you’ll know. She’ll be your beginning, middle, and end. And your intentions won’t matter. Love brings its own intentions, and all other plans, hopes, and dreams fade to insignificance in the face of love.”

There really is no excuse for how late I am to write and post this review. I went through
L.H. Cosway
Oct 01, 2016 L.H. Cosway rated it it was amazing
5 wonderful, heart-warming and hilarious stars!!!

description

Beard Science is just about as delicious as this picture. Maybe even more delicious. Yes, definitely more delicious. Okay, I'll stop saying delicious now because I'm probably starting to creep you out.

I loved this book with all my heart. Cletus and Jennifer were real and lovely and infuriating and funny and passionate and strong. I basically just want to live in a world made up completely of Penny Reid characters. You should read this book if you
XxTainaxX
Oct 22, 2016 XxTainaxX rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars. I've got a healthy respect for devious and clever minds and Cletus definitely encompasses a good dose of both. I found myself quite entertained by his antics and how intricate they are. He has this way of looking at the world that is so unique. His personality and voice as a character is very distinct. I give props to the author for making him real to me. Not perfect by a long shot, but very human: flaws and merits alike. Jennifer was special in her own right. At first, I wasn't sure ...more
Jen
ALL The Stars

The Banana Cake Queen has just over a million followers on Instagram. Jennifer Sylvester has zero.

Penny Reid has done it again! I absolutely adored everything about this book. So much so that the second I finished it, I started reading it all over again. Ms Reid has an almost lyrical quality to her writing that I've yet to experience with any other author and it goes without saying I'm absolutely hooked.

“You’ll always have the advantage of me, Jenn. Because I’m lost without you
Dee Montoya
FIVE STARS******* (are not enough)

(ARC kindly provided by author)

The word that comes to mind to describe this book is: SENSATIONAL!!!!

Beard Science made me wanna laugh, cry, dance, and eat insane amounts of chocolate. Cletus was complex and romantic and Jennifer was so sweet and endearing. Their story was an explosion of awesome; anything and everything amazing you can think of, this book had it. I think Penny Reid writes books with the sole purpose of making people happy, and for me it is alway
Astrid - ☆Vanilla & Spice Books☆
5 Penile Engorgement Stars

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

Every now and then you get a book in your hands that surprises the hell out of you. This was the case with Penny Reid's Beard Science. My friend Christie raved about the last one so I really wanted to see what the fuss is all about. Now let me tell you, this was my first Penny Reid book but it definitely won't be my last and I really need to catch up with this author's other books. This story can be read as a standalone but trust me whe
Claire Contreras
Oct 01, 2016 Claire Contreras rated it it was amazing
I finished reading this at 2am.

Two words: CLETUS. WINSTON.

I'll be back with my favorite highlights, but as usual Penny delivers a witty, smart, lovely story that I'll be smiling about for days and definitely re-reading in the future.
Elodie
Jul 23, 2015 Elodie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-hero
I don't think I have enough words to express how damn perfect this book was. As expected. Cletus is truly memorable!

Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Beard Science
Series: Winston Brothers #3
Author: Penny Reid
Release date: October 11, 2016
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

By now everyone knows how obsessed I am with Penny Reid's books. You're probably sick of hearing me talk about all of the books I've read and loved. So it will not come as much of a surprise that I fell hard for her latest addition to the Winston series. Going in, I will admit that though I was looking forward to reading this, I wasn't quite as excit
Paige
5 "Cletus" Stars

The BEST! Penny, you evil genius. Giving us exactly what we didn't know we needed. I loved it all. Every word. Cletus and Jen were perfect for each other, for the story and for this series. As excited for this book as I have been since the first in the series was published, Penny outdid herself and made it more than I could have imagined.

Cletus is the "brains" and the "odd one" of the Winston family. Most people view him as the harmless eccentric of the bunch. But "the Banana Qu
FMABookReviews

bspr
❝You’re my beginning, middle and end.❞

I'm writing this review in the car while my 15-year-old son is driving me back from visiting my daughter at her university. If you have ever had a teenage driver you know this is an exciting time, one of change and of new beginnings. It is also terrifying. Change is hard, change is frightening. But change is good. And sometimes change is necessary.
❝I felt hushed. I felt smothered. I felt suppressed and … ignored. Not just by my parents and their expe
Dali
You just can't find writing like Penny Reid's elsewhere. It's Penny Reid or bust!
“I loved her both rationally and irrationally. And I wanted her with a ferocity that had kept me awake at night and tortured during the day.”

Jennifer Sylvester detests being the Banana Cake Queen. Perhaps detests is a too strong word for the sweet Jenn. Regardless, she knows she wants is a husband of her own choosing who’ll respect her and give her a big family. An impossible goal as long as she continues to be
Aisling Zena
5+ stars

I don't think that this needs a review. It's Penny Reid and it's about Cletus. Enough said. Re-reading straight away.

Prior to reading.
Shannon Gorilla McGee Winston
cletusteaserbeardscience
There are a few things you should know about Cletus Winston.

1. Cletus isn't what he appears to be.
2. Cletus has a severe dislike of bullies.
3. Cletus likes to tinker--with cars and with people.
4. Cletus is the second most dangerous man in Green Valley.

If you thought Cletus Winston was sweet, stupid and benign, then congratulations, you bought into what he was trying to sell you.

But Jennifer Sylvester knows the truth. She knows Cletus for the judgmental, vindictive and clever devil he is. He's t
Beverly
Oct 22, 2016 Beverly rated it it was amazing
I think there is something so incredibly special about Penny Reid’s writing if you have never read one of her books you must! This series set in the mountains of Tennessee is a favorite for me. The Winston family is just as unique and special as Penny herself.

Beard Science is Cletus’s story and from the moment we entered his head I was hooked. Cletus is a sneaky mastermind, a man who observes everyone and silently gets revenge, but he isn’t evil. Cletus is the opposite he fights for what’s right
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
***5 Captivating Stars!***

I always start a Penny Reid book like this:

description

I love PR books. They are simply delightful! Like a nice warm apple pie with a dollop of whipped cream. You can't rush through these books. You have to take your time. Absorb the meaning between the lines and savor every word that comes out these characters mouths. Whenever I read a PR book I almost always come away with a feeling of indulgence and satisfaction.

The Winston Brothers has become one of my favorite series to date.
Stacey is Sassy
description

Not realising you needed a tribe until you have one.

I went out for drinks last night with friends. We talked about life, food and surprisingly enough…beards. See, one of the ladies has a son who had just returned from a trip with a full beard. Quite frankly, she was horrified. As a beard fan, I felt it was my duty to explain the appeal and also try to convince her that her son was actually really cool. I think her eyes just about popped out of her head when I told her that all the cool kids (I m
BookLover
Dec 11, 2016 BookLover rated it it was amazing
I know this is only the third book in the series but I just feel like Cletus is, and will continue to be, my favourite Winston Brother. In Duane and Jethro’s books, Winston added humour and pragmatism. I couldn’t wait to get to know his match, Jennifer Sylvester.

I loved the dual points of view in this story. The story flowed perfectly between Cletus and Jennifer, while giving me insight into both characters, allowing me to bond with them individually and root for them to become a couple.

Beard S
Lillian ᴥᴥᴥ SO LYLY
***** 5+++ 'Nuttier than a pecan pie' Stars *****

Can be read as a standalone

description

Beard Science is going into my 'favorites' pile. It's a MUST READ! It blew me away. I enjoyed reading Penny Reid's previous book, Grin and Beard It, but this was absolute perfection.

Everyone just sees her as the Banana Cake Queen. People in her small town think she's simple minded with no backbone. Her mother dresses her up and puts her in front of cameras, and her father constantly puts her down.

What people
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo d29c170c2c584c6b10b24a9feb642b_zpsgril7qqq.gif

photo 6e3b2fdba9f65a04ee9509a530235f_zpswpg63ueq.gif“He looked remarkably messy in his white T-shirt and greasy coveralls, the long sleeves tied at his waist. But to me, he also looked breathtakingly gorgeous. Quite literally, the sight of him stole my breath.”

It’s no secret that I am a huge Penny Reid fan. I absolutely love and adore Penny. Her books are original, witty, smart and fresh!! And the Winston Brothers Series happens to be my favorite series and Cletus Winston absolutely stole m
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

Dear Penny Reid,

You can stop trying to dominate my list of favorite authors now. I get it. Your writing is hilarious, smart, effortless, and super romantic. Given your prolific body of work, it’s just not fair to other romantic comedy authors out there. Now you’ve gone and shoved your brilliance in my face once again with Beard Science.

Cletus has always been my favorite Winston brother. He’s a wildly underestimated enigma as well as a hysterical genius. With his quirkiness, keen observ
maggieandteddy
omgomgomg... Cletus!
Review to follow. 5 freakin' furtive glances stars!
Penny ninja writer- hell yes
My review:
I took my sweet time reading this latest Winston brother's story. I didn't want this book to end! I should say Cletus' escapades. This is expertly written in first person POV- Jennifer then Cletus.
This is one book where the internal dialogue of the character plays an important role. More than one role. There were very funny thoughts, then there were very heart tugging thoughts.
When pe
Joanita

description
“Because that’s what would happen. I would fall in love with you and then you’d break my heart.”
“I can’t break your heart without breaking mine, and I’m terribly fond of my heart.”

Jennifer Sylvester has always done what her parents expect from her. No one knows that she’s suffocating under her mother’s ambitions and her father’s belittling commands. She hates the attention her social media celebrity brings, and she absolutely loathes being the Banana Cake Queen. She’s desperate to gain

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Loved it <333 REVIEW TO COME

I WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT this book now <3333 Favorite series <3 <3 <3 <3 3

Shawna
Jan 09, 2017 Shawna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, contemporary-romance, hero-im-gaga-over, heroine-i-adore, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, best-top-favorites, favorite-romance-series, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, hero-i-wanna-marry, friends-to-lovers, humorous-at-times-or-fluffy-fun, heroine-naïve-virgin-like-a-virgin, favorite-romance-couple-hh-pairings, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, i-read-library, hero-stalk-me-baby-possessive, heroine-odd-spinster-wallflower, small-town-lovin, culinary-lovin-food-sex-chef-wine, heroine-curvy-plump-not-stick-thin, sweet-romance-left-smile-on-my-face, favorite-hottest-love-scenes-nookie, heroine-beautiful-bombshell, hh-musician-rocker-singer-popstar, 5-stars-plus, steam-3-hot, feel-good-read-pick-me-upper, best-wittiest-banter-dialogue, hh-smart-intellectual-brainy-geek, heroine-ridiculed-unpopular-teased, heroine-desperately-seeking-husband, hero-southern-boy-charmer, best-snarkasm-humor, a-all-time-favorite-hero, heroine-doormat-spineless-weak, hh-famous-celebrity, best-secondary-characters-ensemble, heroine-makeover, heroine-good-girl-nice, humor-fall-off-the-couch-funny-lol, heroine-southern-belle, hero-alpha, hero-my-romancelandia-husband-harem, fake-pretend-dating-relationship, heroine-good-kind-nice-sweet, heroine-shy-mousy-docile, heroine-self-esteem-issues, hero-protective, hh-mechanic, hero-business-owner, favorite-hottest-bjs-oral, hh-banter-bicker-sparring-foreplay, author-penny-reid, humor-romantic-comedy, hero-sweet, format-source-library, hero-husband-worthy-swoonalicious, heroine-husband-hunting, hero-blue-collar-working-class, hero-big-built-tall-muscular-strong, heroine-ridiculedteasedbullied-past, hero-bearded, heroine-smart-nerd-geektastic, hero-smart-brainy-nerd-geektastic, series-winston-brothers, 2017-reads, best-fave-reads-of-2017
5+ stars – Contemporary Romance

I had such a blast reading this! It’s been a long time since I’ve read a book so fun that kept a big smile on my face and made me laugh out loud multiple times. Beard Science is clever, witty, hilarious, sweet, zany, and sexy with fabulous banter, great dialogue, and unique, memorable characters!

I sort of find it hard to believe that I fell so hard for a bearded hero named Cletus, but I did. He’s funny, sweet, protective, and a bit of a diabolical nut job, and he
Fifty Shades Supp...: October 2016 ~ Beard Science by Penny Reid 2 41 Oct 20, 2016 06:46AM
  • The Cad and the Co-Ed (Rugby, #3)
  • Keepsake (True North, #3)
  • Untitled (Magdalene, #3)
  • Bright Midnight
  • Roman Crazy
  • The Hot Shot (Game On, #4)
  • Fathomless
  • How to Marry an Idiot (Friend-Zoned, #4)
  • The Thing About Love
  • Curtain Call (CageVec Security, #1)
  • Max (Cold Fury Hockey, #6)
  • Someone like You (Oxford, #3)
  • Madly (New York, #2)
  • The One Real Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #1)
  • Downed (Gridiron, #3)
  • Honor (The Breaking Point, #1)
  • Sparking the Fire (Hot in Chicago, #3)
  • Give Me Hell (Give Me, #4)
ABOUT PENNY:
Penny Reid is a USA Today Best Selling Author of romantic fiction. When she’s not immersed in penning smart romances she works in the biotech industry as a researcher. She's also a full time mom to three diminutive adults (boy-8, girl-6, and girl-4 months), wife, daughter, knitter, crocheter, sewer, general crafter, and thought ninja.

Just Released:

FEBRUARY 2017: The Cad and the Co-Ed,
More about Penny Reid...

Winston Brothers (7 books)
  • Truth or Beard (Winston Brothers, #1)
  • Grin and Beard It (Winston Brothers, #2)
  • Beard in Waiting (Winston Brothers, #3.5)
  • Beard in Mind (Winston Brothers, #4)
  • Dr. Strange Beard (Winston Brothers, #5)
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #6)

“Stay away from the normals, the small-minded people who fill their brains with small-minded pursuits, who blend in and keep up with the Joneses. Those people will tear you down and make you boring. Instead, surround yourself with the weirds. With the misfits, oddballs, and outcasts. Because the normals, bless their hearts, have no idea how to have fun.” ***” 46 likes
“No one expects an eighty-five-year-old Navy SEAL stripper. No one. And that was the beauty of George.” 12 likes