Start by marking “Innocent in the Afterlife” as Want to Read:
Innocent in the Afterlife

Innocent in the Afterlife

Pope Innocent XIV drops dead three days into the job. But the afterlife, much like his reign, proves a bit of a disappointment. First, his guide, winged hat aside, is practically naked and thinks everything's a bit of a joke. The Lord God calls him goy and tells him to bugger off; and come the day of Judgement his judges turn out to be human, and not even remotely saintly. ...more
ebook, 2nd edition, 49 pages
Published October 6th 2014 by Irene Soldatos (first published March 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Innocent in the Afterlife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Innocent in the Afterlife

Jane
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a short, witty and punchy cautionary tale. I found myself grinning as one by one the pillars of Innocent’s faith crumble into dust. I particularly liked the God of Abraham, too wrapped up in his smiting to care much about anything else. How else would the God of Abraham behave? And why would Innocent’s RC version be any different?
Some of the accents I found a bit impenetrable, but I enjoyed saying the phonetically spelt words out loud to get the meaning. No question of skipping over the
Aliki Ekaterini  Chapple
A witty irreverent take on what happens after death and the nature of morality.
Tina Rath
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A cheerful comic fantasy sharply written and guaranteed to cheer you up.
Donovan Sotam
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short story that follows a recently deceased Pope in the afterlife. A satire that will make you re-think the classic Christian/religious views of the after life.

What I really enjoyed was the great characters and mythological references. Some of the characters had accents which is something that a lot of people don't enjoy reading, still I found them very well written (which isn't easy) and enjoyable, however I'm somewhat biased towards written accents (love Pratchett's accents in books).

Wish t
Michael Schmicker
Jun 12, 2014
Lilian Dn
Nov 23, 2018
Irene is based in the UK and Greece. She was born in Greece, but grew up in England. Then she went to Greece. Then England again. Then Germany. Now she’s back in England -- but can frequently also be found in Greece. She gets about. She has a B.A. in English and a Master’s and Ph.D. in Musicology.