Start by marking “Alex + Ada, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Alex + Ada, Vol. 2

Alex + Ada, Vol. 2

(Alex + Ada #6-10)

Tensions rise between humans and robots in this sci-fi/drama set in the near future. Alex took a huge risk to unlock Ada and it seems to have paid off - Ada can now think for herself and explore life as a sentient android. As Alex and Ada spend more time together, they become closer. But as restrictions tighten on androids, Ada feels unsure about her place in Alex's life a ...more
Published March 17th 2015 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Alex + Ada, Vol. 2, please sign up.
Elia It's dystopian with a little romance. I wouldn't call it scary.

Raeleen Lemay
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This series is so great! I really need to get my hands on volume 3 now.
Anne
Aug 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Anne by: Sam Quixote
Volume 2 continues on in the same tone as volume 1, so if you enjoyed the 1st one, then this probably won't disappoint.
When we last saw Ada, she was just recovering from becoming sentient, and it was hinted at that these two crazy kids would have to face some decisions about the future. However, this one starts off mildly enough with Ada sort of trying everything out, so to speak. Tasting foods, watching water boil, playing video games, deciding on a favorite color, etc..
But after a while Ada g
Sam Quixote
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-comics-2015
Awwwwwww!

Alex and Ada - awwwwwww!

I’m not the mushiest guy who goes for romance stories often but - awwwwwww! Seeing Alex and Ada fall in love in this book was so sweet!

Alright, alright, that’s enough!

Set in the near future, life-like androids and service robots have proliferated society. They’ve made life easier but some droids, after becoming sentient, went nuts and started killing humans. Fear has begun to spread amongst the population of these new sentient robots and laws are hurriedly pass
Norah Una Sumner
description

Still a strong 4-star graphic novel. I love the art and the characters, even thought they sometimes make stupid decisions. But they're still my babies, especially Alex. Looking forward to the next volume even though I've heard it's a bit disappointing? We'll see.
Jan Philipzig
Meh. If you are looking for a squeaky-clean, familiar, reassuring romance story that comes with a cute and perfectly harmless little robot twist, then Alex + Ada should be right up your alley. If, on the other hand, you are looking for a sci-fi story that does more than view the rise of artificial intelligence through rose-colored glasses, I suggest you look elsewhere.
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I'm so sad that the third volume won't arrive for about 10 days :'(
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2017, graphic-novels
3.5 Stars.

Not as good as volume 1 but I still enjoyed it. Instead of getting to go deeper into the characters and story, we just kind of got to stay on the surface. I want more! The story is entertaining and enjoyable but I'm just looking for MORE than the fluff I'm getting.

I think the romance is quite cute though. (view spoiler) I love the grandma, she's hilarious. I really like the graphics and the colouring in this too. I would rec
Maria (Big City Bookworm)

The action definitely picked up in this volume. There's a lot more action and suspense and it perfectly sets up the third and final volume...which I can't wait to pick up and read!
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

How was this just as good as volume 1?! Again, it's that same "formulaic" story of boy-meets-girl, and yet somehow, it's freakin' awesome! We have stellar characters, this intriguing near-future world, and several women! Who have names! Who talk to each other! About things other than men!

Oh, and there are gay people here (who woulda thunk, amirite?!). And it's hinted that some of the robots are trans! And several characters are non-white.

Those last items are really the frosting on
Rincey
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, favorites, comics
LOOOOOOOOVE. The story just gets stronger as it continues.
Tori (InToriLex)
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Find this and other Reviews at In Tori Lex
This was a great continuation of everything I enjoyed in the first volume of  the series. The story itself moves much faster, with Alex and Ada deciding what's next for the both of them. Ada slowly learns what her feelings for Alex means and wants to pursue them. Alex has to figure out if he wants a relationship with Ada and how to proceed in a world that has become fearful of the robots that they created. The humor and great dialogue kept me reading and
Greyson [Use Your Words]
Alex + Ada Series Ratings:
Alex + Ada, Vol. 1: ★★★★★
Alex + Ada, Vol. 2: ★★★★★
Alex + Ada, Vol. 3: ★★★★★

This year I am doing Graphic Novel December.
My plan is it to read one GN for each day of the month. So 31 in total!
I'll keep a running total in the review of each GN as I read them to help me keep track and for anyone following to see where I am at as well!
GN #1: Wonder Woman, Volume 1: The Lies ★★★★
GN #2: Wonder Woman, Volume 2: Year One ★★★★
GN #3: Wonder Woman, Volume 3: The Truth ★★★
GN #4:
Nicholas Talty
It has been a while since I've written a review, but it seems graphic novels always seem to evoke the desire to actually say something about what I read.

Sometimes in life you are just in a shithole.

And then sometimes a simple story that relates to all your current feels appears in your hands, and, though it doesn't fix anything in particular, you feel a bit better after reading it.

So, I gave the first volume 5 stars. I gave this 5 stars. I'll probably give the next volume 5 stars. It's not to
Cheese
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Volume 2, continues the romance and thrills of Alex + Ada.

Sentient Androids have been outlawed along with their owners.

This puts Alex + Ada at risk.

This volume is so beautfiful, it's such a wonderulf interpretation of romance and love. It's very grounded and simplified giving it an eerie romanitc feel.

Recommended.
Gavin
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
OK, 3.5+ stars.

Artwork is super clean, and I like it.

Everything is super clean.

Pretty straightforward story, obvious, but works somehow.

Best part of the whole thing? When Alex's buddy who's a war vet explains that a robot soldier saved his life and died doing it, and since then he's realized they're just like humans. That and Ada trusting them.

It's nothing amazing, but a nice break from the usual.
Vanessa
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Beautiful. Just as good as the first volume, if not better. How can a story about an AI get me with so much human emotion? And I loved the fact that this volume addressed being your true self and not necessarily what you were born or 'manufactured' to be. Brilliant and I will probably read the third and final volume very soon.
Shannon (leaninglights)
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating 4.5 stars!

So interesting! I'm really anxious to see where the next volume goes!
Iris
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this story! And this one was better than the last!
Gabby
This volume was just okay in my opinion. I didn't feel like anything really important happened and a lot of the scenes felt like filler. I liked volume one so much, maybe I just had too high of expectations going into this one? I really liked the last issue in this volume though, it was awesome. Alex is kind of a boring protagonist though, if I'm being honest. He is more robotic than Ada when it comes to his feelings.
Paz R.M.
4 stars
Okay, this was cute. What can I say? I like how this comic focuses in Alex and Ada and their relationship, which amidst all the chaos and danger of the real world and the movement against AI, it's actually really innocent and sweet.
If you enjoyed the first volume I'm sure you'll enjoy this one.
RTC.
Ronyell
Alex

5.5 stars!!!

What is this story about?

After the events of the first volume, Alex has finally unlocked Ada, which means that Ada now has the ability to think for herself. Unfortunately, the government had picked that time to enforce a crackdown on all androids living in the city as they found out that there are some sentient androids running around the city and they will go to great lengths to find each sentient android and punish them. This new crackdown puts Ada in great danger as she has be
Jacquelyn
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
WOW! What a great sequel and follow up to volume 1. This is probably my new favorite graphic novel series! It has everything that I was looking for. A wonderful plot, set of characters, art style and pacing. It gets better and better with every page and it is always so action packed. I am really upset that I only have one volume left. I would highly recommend this graphic novel series!
Ylenia
Sep 23, 2015 rated it liked it
*3.5 stars*

I liked it a lot but there's something missing in this series, I don't what. Hopefully the last volume will help me figuring out stuff.
Jenbebookish
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2017
Part deux was just as great as the first. The story progressed nicely and simple as it may be, I thought the art work was beautiful.
Katarina
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alex, marry me please! <3
Kaitlin
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-sff-faves
Volume. 2 picks up straight after the ending of Volume. 1 which I really enjoyed and we continue to follow our two main characters Alex and Ada. Alex is a human and Ada is a robot. Alex was given Ada by his grandmother as a birthday present and the world where this is set means that the capabilities of robots are vastly superior to that of our world.

The story continues to grow and expand in this volume with a lot more development on the character of Ada in particular. We get to see her experien
Trina (Between Chapters)
The story really deepened in this installment.
Jesse A
Aug 13, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a decent series but it just doesn't strike me as anything special.
Dylan
JUST AS GOOD AS VOL. 1!!!

TRANS ROBOTS??? AMPUTEE REP??? YES.
  • Lazarus, Vol. 4: Poison
  • Sunstone, Vol. 3
  • Descender, Vol. 4: Orbital Mechanics
  • Letter 44, Volume 1: Escape Velocity
  • Mind the Gap, Volume 1: Intimate Strangers
JONATHAN LUNA co-created and illustrated THE SWORD, GIRLS, and ULTRA (all Image Comics) with his brother, Joshua Luna. He co-created and illustrated ALEX + ADA with Sarah Vaughn. He wrote and illustrated STAR BRIGHT AND THE LOOKING GLASS (Image Comics). His work also includes the art for SPIDER-WOMAN: ORIGIN (Marvel Comics), written by Brian Michael Bendis and Brian Reed.

Jonathan was born in Calif

Alex + Ada (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Alex + Ada #1