Start by marking “Spin Move” as Want to Read:
Spin Move

Spin Move

(White Collar Crime Thriller #4)

Fugitive financier John Rudiger has lived a lush life in Antigua for eleven years, but now the local officials are demanding ever more exorbitant payouts to maintain his cover. And since his ex-girlfriend Katie Dolan swindled him out of his last $30 million, Rudiger is on thin ice. Meanwhile, Katie is holed up with her ailing father in Cape Verde, an African paradise ...more
Published January 20th 2015 by Thomas & Mercer

Start your review of Spin Move
Kylie D
A riveting crime thriller, we have John Rutiger living the high life on the island of Antigua after he absconded with millions from a hedge fund. However things are catching up with him, the US Attorney is after him and local corrupt officials are demanding more and more in the way of bribes. On the run he makes his way to Cape Verde, where the woman who double crossed him for most of his millions is now living with her ailing father. It turns out that Kate has recently invested most of the ...more
Jim A
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spin Move is a very appropriate title for this financial thriller. Starts out with a former Deputy Assistant U.S. Attorney being scammed by a Swiss banker. Turns out she scammed the money from a former hedge fund principal who is being chased by the U.S. Attorney for New York. The two get together and plot to recover the money from the Swiss banker. Many twists and turns to the elaborate con they set up to swindle the banker.

A real page turner and as I wrote, several twists in the tale. Quick
Dlmrose
Tulay
Feb 17, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Double crossed.

Fun, exciting story. Exotic locations to warm you up in the cold days. It's a great reading from the beginning to last sentence.
Dewey Carroll Brackett
Spin move for sure!

Spin Move stArted out a little slow, but picked up as you got further into the story. Lots of twists and turns kept it very interesting. You never could tell what would happen next. It was a very good read.
Walt Mccluskey
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spin move

Definitely correctly titled as this book featured one spin move after another in a nicely written tale it was easy to read and slickly believable throughout. Would be delighted to read further adventures.
Ennabenna
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ggoid book

Kept engaged till the end. Are folks really that smart to pull off all the schemes. My guess not but does make a fun read. Plan on reading his other books.
Melissa L Harrington
Easy to read

This was a good quick read despite it being a bit cheesy at times. The premise was cute and timely.
Steve and Judy Taggart
Fantastic read! Glad to find another great author in addition to Grisham.

Again, this was a great book and I really enjoyed it. Couldn't easily put it down, now I need sleep.
Arthur V Werge
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

Well written, enjoyable, keeps you interested till the end. Writer has great background understanding of wall street and the law.
Don Vert
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun times

Great fun read. In my humble opinion this would make a great movie. Just the changes in scenery would be something to see.
Charles Levenstein
Financial trjicksters!

The book is clever , the characters are fun especially the dog! Very good adventure story with exotic and/or luxurious settings.
Ellen M. Peters
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Cross, double cross and always have a backup plan. Lots of adventure and intrigue. Never underestimate the other guy. Enjoyed the characters. Well written.
Patricia A DeMare
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining

An enjoyable light read. Lender personalized the story with family devotion, and a developing love, while white collar crime thrives.

Jan Kazimi
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jk

Wow I read this book from start to finish.
One of those books that has deception etc.
I can recommend
Ben
Ponzi schemer gets conned..a fun read

One of the crime genres, or sub-genres, I enjoy reading is "The Sting"- like story in which a cheater gets cheated. Mr. Lender does an entertaining job of work with "Spin Job" a novel that fits right in with all the two-timing chicanery in the world of hedge funds that is in the news these days.
The reader does not have to be any more than an occasional reader of the financial news to get the gist of the story in which a smooth Swiss banker convinces divorced
Rosa
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
In recent years, financial scandals have plagued the news because you only find out who is swimming naked when the tide goes out (Buffett 2001: np).1 Therefore, SPIN MOVE story dives into this theme as the author David Lender employs his knowledge as an investment banker for 25 years on Wall Street to create this white-collar crime thriller.

The story gyrates around corruption, fraud, extradition treaties, legal tangles and its intricacies. On the other hand, it deals with ethics, love, fear,
Gaby
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Looking for a light, action filled white collar/finance thriller? As long as you're willing to suspend disbelief for a fun read with likable characters that you can cheer for, Spin Move is a good summer read. It's short though, so you might end up like me, feeling like you could read another hundred pages about John Rudiger and Katie Dolan. Instead of complaining, I'm looking forward to the next David Lender novel and hoping that it'll provide a few days of escape.
Dean
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
He's back. David Lender is quick to put the financial thriller character Rudiger in some sort of trouble.
While the depth of character is not the greatest I do enjoy the Rudiger series. Quick enjoyable read. Highly recommend readers check out Lender's series.

Some may take this as negative but I enjoy when I finish an author's book and can look forward to another one within a year....it keeps me interested and entertained.

Candice
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I enjoyed this book. I would call it your average Mystery Thrilled. There just wasnt anything spectacular about John to me. Katie however i loved. This book got four stars because of Katie and her absolutely fantastic characterization. For being a man David Lender wrote a fantastic well rounded woman. I could read an entire series about just her.
Shannon
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was won as a GoodReads Giveaway.

This was a fun read book on a day long plane ride for me. Just enough twists to make it interesting. Description of the book is right on with the story line. Passing the book onto to friends for them to enjoy it.
alexander silagin
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty light

It's still okay book although not as good as previous ones. Much lighter, plot is also predictable. I really liked previous books so I hope next one is better! Just need to work harder on plot and characters
Phil Parks
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A novel full of twists

A well-written novel that keeps the reader wanting more...complete with the unexpected!
Very tastefully choreographed scenes of sex...love.
The fight in the alley was icing on the cake!
Eddy Bryant
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
A good and fun read. Well written thriller with surprising twists.
Florine Morris
Sep 16, 2016 rated it liked it
fast reading
Cindy Setlock
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun book. Just enough twists to make it interesting. I felt like it was a sequel to a previous book, but it was fine on it's own.
Craig R Bolas
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lightweight fast paced story of outsmarting the feds with white collar crime.
Rich Flood
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great addition to the Rudiger series

Read this straight through in two seasons. I just hope there are more Rudiger tales in the works. A good plot with plausible twists.
Ruth
Dec 25, 2017
Daniel A. Sullivan
Aug 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Long Range (Joe Pickett, #20)
  • Rain Will Come
  • Blindside (Michael Bennett, #12)
  • The Sorrow Hand (A Nick Drake Novel Book 1)
  • The Pell Heist (Jack Legare #1)
  • Mr. President
  • Divine Strike (Billy Beckett Book 2)
  • To Die in Vienna
  • Betrayal
  • The Forgotten Man (Elvis Cole, #10)
  • Flux
  • Odyssey One (Odyssey One, #1)
  • The Shotgun Lawyer
  • When They Come for You
  • Weapons (King & Slater #1)
  • Shadow Shepherd (Sam Callahan, #2)
  • The Heart of Matter (Odyssey One, #2)
  • A Gambler's Jury
Ex-Wall Street Insider and Pitbull Poppi. Im a pull-no-punches thriller author of vigilantly-researched espionage and white collar crime. Found at DLenderAuthor.com, my series and standalone novels are inspired by more than 25 years on Wall Street. Now I use my insiders knowledge of the characters and intrigues that inhabit that sharp-elbowed world to create stories of corporate power brokers, CEO ...more

White Collar Crime Thriller (4 books)
  • Bull Street
  • Rudiger Stories (White Collar Crime Thriller #2)
  • Mickey Outside