Start by marking “Dead and Buried” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Dead and Buried

Anne Cassidy

Dead and Buried

(The Murder Notebooks #4)

It's been five years since Rose's mother Kathy went missing and, after recent events, all Rose wants to do is get on with her life. Which means taking a break from her complicated stepbrother, Joshua.Then police officer Henry Thompson comes calling with bad news: a body has been found buried in the garden of Rose's old house. A body that has lain undiscovered for five year ...more
Published March 13th 2014 by Bloomsbury U.S.A. Children's Books (first published March 6th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Dead and Buried, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead and Buried

Rebecca Jane
2.5 stars.
I'm so glad I'm done with this series. This last book wasn't terrible, but I didn't particularly like much about it. For the starters, while the editing wasn't as bad as in the previous book, it wasn't the greatest in this one either. I also spotted an inconsistency that would have come down to poor editing. Another thing I'm not the biggest fan of is the plot. I thought it was so unbelievable and couldn't believe that the main characters (Joshua in particular) couldn't just but out. I
Eve beinguniquebooks
In the final book of the series, reunions after much tracking down of certain people finally take place as they're forced by Josh to face them and explain to them the truth at last.

Between what should be a good time though, things soon turn for the worse after a dead body is found in the garden of their old family home which sets their family up for turmoil over whom murdered the dead and whom can they really trust?

There's shootings, identity issues and corruption uncovered in this heart stoppin
Hannah
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this was a great end to the series - everything was wrapped up nicely. However, I think I've now graduated to slightly more adult thrillers, so I will not be rereading these. Having said that, The Murder Notebooks is a great introduction to mystery that I would recommend to anyone in their early teens who wants to venture into the genre.
Jay
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite enjoyed this one, took me a long time to fully get into it but at the end I didn't want to stop reading. It is just what I thought the ending would be like, so no big surprise. A good finish to the series.
Janine
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting novel. I am reading the end of the series first, so I have an excuse for reading the rest of the series. As a stand alone, it is a good novel with plenty twists to keep you reading. It was a bit dry at the start, and then the action come later.
Emilia
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like the rest of the series, the quality of the writing weak yet this doesn't stop the exciting mystery from hooking you from the first page. There are twists and turns in every page and more than one mystery and murder in this book...
ForeverAnAuthor
I'm not sure what to think. Firstly, this is a good series. The whole storyline is good. But...
Somehow the ending did not justify the entire journey. :(
Lucy
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whilst I like Anna Cassidy, I didnt really care about this book or the characters in it.
Yolanda Sfetsos
After enjoying the previous three books in The Murder Notebooks series--DEAD TIME, KILLING RACHEL, and BUTTERFLY GRAVE--I was really looking forward to reading the conclusion to Rose and Joshua's story.

It's been five years since Rose's mother (Kathy) and Joshua's father (Brendan) went out to dinner and never came back. The event changed both of their young lives, and as they got older they started wondering about the disappearance of their parents. Neither believed they were dead. Actually, whe
Michelle
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have enjoyed reading this series from the very first book, and I have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of Dead and Buried, wanting to know if we get our questions answered, if Rose and Joshua find their parents, and if they finally get closure. My review for Dead and Buried will possibly be vague as I try to avoid spoilers from the series and from this book itself.
Dead and Buried picks up a short while after Butterfly Grave, with both Rose and Joshua still struggling with what transpired, and
Meg
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! A brilliant book and one of those rare but remarkable things when the series simply gets better and better with each book!
This was a brilliant read! All the questions and build up of mysteries that have been nagging at us throughout the last three books finally come together beautifully in this epic conclusion!
I am IN LOVE with Joshua and Rose! They are soooo cute and I loved the moments between them!
The ending was truly satisfying and wrapped up nicely! I love it when a series has a good
star_fire13
Alright! So this series is done now! Woo! =D

Overall, I did really enjoy this series. I totally shipped Rose and Josh, however slightly wrong it may be [and really, it isn't! haha]. However, it was totally frustrating how dumb they were. I mean, I get wanting to find out what happened to your parents and finding out the truth and everything, but my god! Once they found out that EVERYTHING HAD HAPPENED FOR A REASON and that their CONSTANT MEDDLING WAS PUTTING THEM, THEIR PARENTS AND EVERYONE IN DA
Beth
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This YA series was so good and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The characters were interesting, the multiple plot lines running alongside the main story were suspenseful and tense and carried you through the four books seamlessly. Josh and Rose were so realistic and easy to relate to. Their story after they are re-united evolves dramatically, with their personalities clashing as they both struggle with the deaths they come across when researching the disappearance of their parents.
Characters whom you
Ishrat
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is really interesting as the layers of plots unfold whilst the story is being told by Rose (the insecure character in the book who doesn't know if she should cling on to the past or move on). The story line is gripping and this may be because I am totally obsessed with the other precious books. I really love the thoughts of Rose and the questioning of her life. It seemed like I expected so much because of having read the other books. It was amazing - The amazing you have when you reali ...more
Chloe Pace-Bonello
I love this book because there is a great sense of adventure and lots of suspense is built up which will not let you put the book down. I was very unhappy when the book finished because the descriptive writing and the mystery was so gripping which meant that once you had got to the end, it was a horrible feeling. I really wanted the book to continue but I guess something good can't last for an infinity.
Sally Flint
Last book in a series of four. Glad I didn't bother reading the others. Nothing really wrong with it as a teenage thriller, but would have been tedious to go through them all. Plot line fine, I guess, though it all seemed a bit thin. The story is about a step brother/sister whose parents are missing and involved in some kind of policing where they make their own justice. The children are against it and don't trust everyone involved. The ending was adequate.
Jodi May
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My god, Anne Cassidy knows how to write a series. I love her stand alone books but the Murder Notebooks has become one of my new favourite series. I hung from her every word, every plot twist and was so enveloped in the book I couldn't put it down. She makes the scenes and characters come alive and breathe. I was so sad to finish the series but I'm looking forward to what else Cassidy has to offer in the future. From the author who inspired me to read and write, I tip my hat to you!
Ella Watson
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is the final installement in the murder notebooks series. I think that it proved a thought provoking but well drawn together conclusion to the series. Something that i found with the series all along was the cleverness of the storylines which were intricately woven throughout.
I think that the characters were well rounded and their stories are always intriguing.
Victoria Cockcroft
Brilliant, can't wait to see how it finishes.
Eman Salem
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
starts off as boring and then things get seriously interesting.
K.arma
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-faves
A great finale to an epic series. A great read :D
Zoë
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Friends
I'm not entirely sure whether I like the ending or not.
I also really want another book to see what the hell Rose and Josh do with each other???
Adele Broadbent
A fabulous finale to the Murder Notebooks series. Well constructed and full of twists and turns.
Deb
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Satisfactory end to this murder mystery.
Pat
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Satisfying conclusion to the series, with all the ends being tied up, but with enough substance to get the reader to think about ethical issues.
Jo
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The main thing is, the kill is over
Just
Apr 25, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The final instalment in the Murder Notebooks and it was good to come to a resolution. I didn't enjoy this book as much as the others but it was a good read.
Affreen
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last book was really really exciting.
Grace Holland
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
I love this series. It is a very gripping series and I hope that there is another book soon!

• Game Theory
  • Afterlight
  • Found
  • It Ends With You
  • Night Vision
  • Charlaine Harris Mysteries
  • All the Little Bones (Circus Hearts, #1)
  • Tarnished
  • Trell
  • The Pool House
  • Intuition (Transcendence, #2)
  • Cooper Bartholomew Is Dead
  • Contagion (Dark Matter, #1)
  • The Day I Met Suzie
  • Small Spaces
  • Kill You Last (Thrillogy, #3)
  • The Memory Key (Commissario Alec Blume #4)
  • The Other Book

The Murder Notebooks (4 books)
  • Dead Time (The Murder Notebooks, #1)
  • Killing Rachel (The Murder Notebooks, #2)
  • Butterfly Grave (The Murder Notebooks, #3)