Start by marking “Transcending the Levels of Consciousness: The Stairway to Enlightenment” as Want to Read:
Transcending the Levels of Consciousness: The Stairway to Enlightenment

Transcending the Levels of Consciousness: The Stairway to Enlightenment

(Power vs. Force #5)

Explores the ego's expressions and inherent limitations and gives detailed explanations and instructions on how to transcend them. It expands the understanding of the levels of consciousness as presented in the wiedely-acclaimed Map of Consciousness. The book focuses on the individual, and studies the experiential subjective blocks to the advancement of awareness, at each ...more
Published June 28th 2006 by Veritas Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Transcending the Levels of Consciousness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Transcending the Levels of Consciousness

Start your review of Transcending the Levels of Consciousness: The Stairway to Enlightenment
Kelly Enck
Jul 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Dr. David R. Hawkins encompasses particle physics, nonlinear dynamics, chaos theory, and his own discoveries about the nature and accessibility of truth.

"Transcending the Levels of Consciousness" is my favorite Hawkins' book- it's a step-by-step climb with yourself, from "Despair to Joy" on his Map of Consciousness.

I met the Doc at a lecture in 2004, at the Unity Church, in Novato, California. He was giving a lecture on his book, Power vs. Force, and it was so powerful-- I sold my home and too
Gregory
May 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
One of the top ten books I've read in the past 60 years.
Daniel Pendergraft
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Up to this point, possibly the most important single work I’ve ever read that addresses the classification of different stratifications or layers of consciousness itself. Hawkins is unique in having detailed personal experience with much of the phenomena discussed as well as the clinical, scientific background to lucidly communicate his insights. Much of the book is so easy to read for someone who already ponders matters of consciousness that it felt like the words were being effortlessly poured ...more
John
Jun 18, 2011 added it
I read this as a backgrounder for other Hawkins books based on his consciousness calibration scale and consciousness research. It had some good points, but it seems like it could function well with his other stuff as just a reference book. I thought the first two excerpts below were core to his view and the last one interesting because it helps explain why spiritual advancement is slow or stopped in many people:

pg 185
The skeptic is dubious about the validity of spiritual realities because they d
Violeta
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It took me a lot of time to finish this book. It has so much information and you must put into action everything it says in this book. It will definitely blow your mind.

Dr. David's books are a gift. They will change your life for sure.
Joseph Knecht
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely breathtaking. This book in a way summarizes all the previous books of Hawkins, but with a more extensive explanation of that stages of consciousness. His words simply flow from the page into one's mind without any effort.

My recommendation for the reader is not to simply read the book, but rather experience it subjectively. Only then he will find the Truth.

Some excerpts I enjoyed:
-All beliefs about God are second-hand information derived from others and handed down, and thus, even thes
Jeremy Neal
Aug 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Excellent, although not without the ironic dichotomy that those individuals who are most likely to benefit from reading this are least likely to be motivated to do so: who is the audience? Wonderful even so.
Nya Thryce
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Informative

Reads very much on a clinical/ outsider looking in level; but has clear points of reference as well as the charts. I took in the information, however, as a means to application of information, I would have to sit back down with the book to see how I could apply it. Additionally, I enjoyed the layout of the book. Again, a bit dry but the content was worth the read.
Wouter Möller
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual, favorites
A powerful book, using integrative philosophies to help guide the reader along the path of spiritual alignment. The “levels” described in the title are much more practical an non-mythical than it sounds.
Cindy Rigby
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that you have to read slowly (some might call it "wading through"), but the information is worth the wading.

I suppose that the author's state of mind (enlightenment) makes it so that he doesn't really care if the prose is a bit difficult. He knows that if people read it or don't read it, that's exactly as it was meant to be.
Nati S
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book shifted the way I thought about different states of being. It gives a thorough discription of the different levels of consciousness and how they can be transcended. Although it was technical and, at times, difficult to read (especially the latter chapters), I give it 5 stars as it shifted the way I see the world.
S.L. Saboviec
This book came into my life just when I needed it. Amazing.
Flux
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An excellent examination of the human psyche and the nature of the soul. A must read for any spiritual seeker. The prose is a bit complicated but worthwhile.
SMEDESCU
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best book on practical spirituality. If you're into anything of the sorts I highly recommend this one.
Aymen Ben moussa
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I give 5 stars to this book because i cannot give it more. This book is wonderful, very deep and it takes you in a very nice trip!
Barry Falkner
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating read. Couldn't put it down
Charmin
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spiritual
Highlights:
1. The emotional charge can be loosened by realizing that everything actually belongs only to God and that humans only exercise stewardship.
2. Graciousness is far more powerful than belligerence. It is better to succeed than to ‘win’. The key to painless growth is humility. By virtue of what we are, we subtly influence events around us. A population committed to integrity counterbalances the negativity of the majority of the population worldwide.
3. The undisciplined mind has an obser
Mark Austin
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
★ - Most books with this rating I never finish and so don't make this list. This one I probably started speed-reading to get it over with.
★★ - Average. Wasn't terrible, but not a lot to recommend it. Probably skimmed parts of it.
★★★ - Decent. A few good ideas, well-written passages, interesting characters, or the like.
★★★★ - Good. This one had parts that inspired me, impressed me, made me laugh out loud, made me think - it got positive reactions and most of the rest of it was pretty decent too.
Frank Jerome
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
Dr. Hawkins' books are always very enlightening. This one is no different. After reading his books, you get a better understanding of the world and consciousness itself. Transcending the levels of consciousness provides greater context of the different calibrated levels of consciousness, and how they are reflected in the world, and what occurs as one moves from one level to another.
Most importantly, he shares what one must face as he enters the higher levels. Be prepared as you get into this mat
Sha Ranney
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hawkins' prose is nurture to the mind. His ideas shed light on the various ways we approach consciousness. I just bought a few of his other books. Advice to the new reader-The beginning is the most difficult section because it explains the lower levels of consciousness. But take equal heed so that you're aware in situations in which you fall into these lower levels of consciousness. If you combine reading this book with a deliberate intention, it can be enlightening. We're surprisingly unaware w ...more
Janet
Mar 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
An explanation of the levels of consciousness that are in Power vs. Force. I am still processing what I'm learning. On a personal level, applying the concepts to the book, what i am trying to be is at a continual level of 500. ...more
Kendra Elizabeth Audrey Scheer
This is one of my favourite books of all time. I had to stop highlight the page because everything was being underlined. I don't have anything too brilliant to write, just that this is a book I frequently recommend and continue to pick up over and over again.
Adam Seymour
Mar 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great read. Very insightful to our awareness of the world around us.
Richard Gustafsson
Nov 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Not a very reader friendly material, but I am a true fan of hawkins and enjoyed it still. I bought it as my first hawkins book and that was not a very good choice.
Leeza Donatella
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Not an easy boo for the beginner spiritualist to read, but an amazing book.
Mary
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A must read for adult development. Don't rush.. take your time.
Nick Arkesteyn
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Normally I can read a book in two days. This book took me two weeks. This book is worthy of many reads!
Javier Villar
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, philosophy
Step by step. So practical.
Vibhor Shukla
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual, favourites
Most impact-full book i have read.
John Cashman
Oct 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
vERY, vERY wOW

• A Course in Miracles
  • Dualar Kalıcıdır
  • الدولة الفاطمية ما لها وما عليها
  • You Are the Placebo: Making Your Mind Matter
  • There Is a God: How the World's Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind
  • The Dark Side of the Light Chasers: Reclaiming Your Power, Creativity, Brilliance and Dreams
  • لم يخبرونا بهذا قبل أن نتزوج
  • عبقرية محمد
  • Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon
  • كاريزما الأنوثة
  • Stillness Speaks
  • برمجة زوجية
  • The Art of Dreaming
  • Practicing the Power of Now: Essential Teachings, Meditations, and Exercises from the Power of Now
  • The Bet and Other Stories
  • Infinity in the Palm of Her Hand: A Novel of Adam and Eve
  • Heal Your Body: The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them
  • Fear: Essential Wisdom for Getting Through the Storm
Sir David Ramon Hawkins, M.D, Ph.D. is a nationally renowned psychiatrist, physician, researcher, spiritual teacher and lecturer. The uniqueness of his contribution to humanity comes from the advanced state of spiritual awareness known as " Enlightenment," "Self–Realization," and "Unio Mystica."Rarely, if ever, has this spiritual state occurred in the life of an accomplished scientist and physicia ...more

Power vs. Force (9 books)
  • Power vs. Force
  • Reality, Spirituality and Modern Man
  • Healing and Recovery
  • Letting Go: The Pathway To Surrender

News & Interviews

“From previous studies, it was learned that everyone is born under optimal conditions for karmic opportunities; therefore, it is wise to judge not, for what appears as misery or catastrophe may be the doorway to liberation for those who have negative karma to undo. Thus, seemingly catastrophic events may be the very essential and necessary elements for the evolution of the soul.” 2 likes
“1.  Negativity is based on an energetic force (animal origin) that can be overcome only by power, which is solely of Divine origin. Therefore, it is operationally necessary to request and invoke God’s help by whatever means available. 2.  Disidentify with the body/emotions/mind as ‘me’. Be truthful and admit that they are yours but not you. While this may seem artificial, strange, foreign, and unnatural in the beginning, the basic reality is that it is a truth of higher order, which makes it a very powerful and formidable tool. The mind will try to deny this reality as well as truth (that is what it is ‘supposed to do’) because Truth is intuited as its nemesis.” 1 likes