Start by marking “Transcending the Levels of Consciousness: The Stairway to Enlightenment” as Want to Read:
Transcending the Levels of Consciousness: The Stairway to Enlightenment

Transcending the Levels of Consciousness: The Stairway to Enlightenment (Power vs. Force #5)

4.5  ·  Rating details ·  426 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Explores the ego's expressions and inherent limitations and gives detailed explanations and instructions on how to transcend them. It expands the understanding of the levels of consciousness as presented in the wiedely-acclaimed Map of Consciousness. The book focuses on the individual, and studies the experiential subjective blocks to the advancement of awareness, at each ...more
Published June 28th 2006 by Veritas Publishing (first published June 28th 1905)

To ask other readers questions about Transcending the Levels of Consciousness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Transcending the Levels of Consciousness

Kelly Enck
Jul 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Dr. David R. Hawkins encompasses particle physics, nonlinear dynamics, chaos theory, and his own discoveries about the nature and accessibility of truth.

"Transcending the Levels of Consciousness" is my favorite Hawkins' book- it's a step-by-step climb with yourself, from "Despair to Joy" on his Map of Consciousness.

I met the Doc at a lecture in 2004, at the Unity Church, in Novato, California. He was giving a lecture on his book, Power vs. Force, and it was so powerful-- I sold my home and too
Daniel Pendergraft
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Up to this point, possibly the most important single work I’ve ever read that addresses the classification of different stratifications or layers of consciousness itself. Hawkins is unique in having detailed personal experience with much of the phenomena discussed as well as the clinical, scientific background to lucidly communicate his insights. Much of the book is so easy to read for someone who already ponders matters of consciousness that it felt like the words were being effortlessly poured ...more
John
Jun 18, 2011 added it
I read this as a backgrounder for other Hawkins books based on his consciousness calibration scale and consciousness research. It had some good points, but it seems like it could function well with his other stuff as just a reference book. I thought the first two excerpts below were core to his view and the last one interesting because it helps explain why spiritual advancement is slow or stopped in many people:

pg 185
The skeptic is dubious about the validity of spiritual realities because they d
Gregory
May 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
One of the top ten books I've read in the past 60 years.
Mark Austin
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
★ - Most books with this rating I never finish and so don't make this list. This one I probably started speed-reading to get it over with.
★★ - Average. Wasn't terrible, but not a lot to recommend it. Probably skimmed parts of it.
★★★ - Decent. A few good ideas, well-written passages, interesting characters, or the like.
★★★★ - Good. This one had parts that inspired me, impressed me, made me laugh out loud, made me think - it got positive reactions and most of the rest of it was pretty decent too.
Cindy Rigby
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that you have to read slowly (some might call it "wading through"), but the information is worth the wading.

I suppose that the author's state of mind (enlightenment) makes it so that he doesn't really care if the prose is a bit difficult. He knows that if people read it or don't read it, that's exactly as it was meant to be.
Jeremy Neal
Aug 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Excellent, although not without the ironic dichotomy that those individuals who are most likely to benefit from reading this are least likely to be motivated to do so: who is the audience? Wonderful even so.
Violeta
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It took me a lot of time to finish this book. It has so much information and you must put into action everything it says in this book. It will definitely blow your mind.

Dr. David's books are a gift. They will change your life for sure.
Sha Ranney
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hawkins' prose is nurture to the mind. His ideas shed light on the various ways we approach consciousness. I just bought a few of his other books. Advice to the new reader-The beginning is the most difficult section because it explains the lower levels of consciousness. But take equal heed so that you're aware in situations in which you fall into these lower levels of consciousness. If you combine reading this book with a deliberate intention, it can be truly enlightening. We're surprisingly una ...more
Charmin
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spiritual
Highlights:
1. The emotional charge can be loosened by realizing that everything actually belongs only to God and that humans only exercise stewardship.
2. Graciousness is far more powerful than belligerence. It is better to succeed than to ‘win’. The key to painless growth is humility. By virtue of what we are, we subtly influence events around us. A population committed to integrity counterbalances the negativity of the majority of the population worldwide.
3. The undisciplined mind has an obser
Frank Jerome
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
Dr. Hawkins' books are always very enlightening. This one is no different. After reading his books, you get a better understanding of the world and consciousness itself. Transcending the levels of consciousness provides greater context of the different calibrated levels of consciousness, and how they are reflected in the world, and what occurs as one moves from one level to another.
Most importantly, he shares what one must face as he enters the higher levels. Be prepared as you get into this mat
Ron Krumpos
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Transcending the Levels of Consciousness" is one of the books in the primary bibliography of my free ebook on comparative mysticism. "The greatest achievement in life" at suprarational.org/gail2012.pdf has been reviewed on Goodreads.

Sir David Ramon Hawkins, M.D, Ph.D. is a nationally renowned psychiatrist, physician, researcher, spiritual teacher and lecturer. He has more than 10 books on Goodreads.
Roberto Fernández
Da una buena explicación sobre los niveles de consciencia y los beneficios de lograrlo, complementado con su técnica de Dejar Ir, hace de este libro un deber para aquel que busca ser más consciente de sí mismo y la forma en que interactúa con su entorno.

Los puntos débiles que le veo es que repite muchas cosas de sus libros anteriores, que, aunque a mayor profundidad, yo hubiera preferido un trabajo más práctico sobre cómo trascender los niveles de consciencia.
Janet
Mar 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
An explanation of the levels of consciousness that are in Power vs. Force. I am still processing what I'm learning. On a personal level, applying the concepts to the book, what i am trying to be is at a continual level of 500.
Liberty Johnke
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
Fantastic!
In a league of its own next to Letting Go.
You know when you're reading something and it clicks and its not necessarily funny but it's so true and beautiful and it just makes you laugh out of joy? That was the experience of this book.
Such a useful read...
Adam Seymour
Mar 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great read. Very insightful to our awareness of the world around us.
Mary
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A must read for adult development. Don't rush.. take your time.
Nick Arkesteyn
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Normally I can read a book in two days. This book took me two weeks. This book is worthy of many reads!
Richard Gustafsson
Nov 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Not a very reader friendly material, but I am a true fan of hawkins and enjoyed it still. I bought it as my first hawkins book and that was not a very good choice.
Leeza Donatella
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Not an easy boo for the beginner spiritualist to read, but an amazing book.
Jordonna Fulop
  • The Essential Ken Wilber
  • Where Are You Going?: A Guide to the Spiritual Journey
  • The Zen Teaching of Huang Po: On the Transmission of Mind
  • Gifts of the Desert: The Forgotten Path of Christian Spirituality
  • The Sword and the Mind, The Classic Japanese Treatise on Swordsmanship and Tactics
  • Miracle of Love: Stories about Neem Karoli Baba
  • The Triads (Classics of Western Spirituality Series)
  • Padre Pio: Man of Hope
  • Kundalini Rising: Exploring the Energy of Awakening
  • Spiritual Emergency: When Personal Transformation Becomes Crisis
  • The Seven Steps to Awakening
  • Tying Rocks to Clouds
  • The Essential Writings of Christian Mysticism
  • The Promise of Energy Psychology: Revolutionary Tools for Dramatic Personal Change
  • Wounded by Love
  • Christ Is Passing by
  • Your Body Doesn't Lie
Sir David Ramon Hawkins, M.D, Ph.D. is a nationally renowned psychiatrist, physician, researcher, spiritual teacher and lecturer. The uniqueness of his contribution to humanity comes from the advanced state of spiritual awareness known as " Enlightenment," "Self–Realization," and "Unio Mystica."Rarely, if ever, has this spiritual state occurred in the life of an accomplished scientist and physicia ...more
More about David R. Hawkins

Power vs. Force (9 books)
  • Power vs. Force

$10.74 $2.99
    $13.99 $1.99
    $5.99 $1.99
    $8.24 $1.99
  • How to Travel with a Salmon & Other Essays (A Harvest Book)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Out of Africa and Shadows on the Grass
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Kingdom by the Sea: A Journey Around the Coast of Great Britain
  • The War That Ended Peace: The Road to 1914
    $6.99 $2.99
  • No Limits: Blow the CAP Off Your Capacity
“rapacious.” 0 likes
“To assist spiritual progress, choose verifiable teachers and teachings and avoid those that have something to gain by one’s adherence to or alignment with them. Avoid groups or teachers that are needy, acquisitive, or controlling. The Self is completely fulfilling and has no needs and nothing to gain. The Teacher is a Servant of Truth and not its originator. All” 0 likes