Start by marking “The Dynamics of Persuasion: Communication and Attitudes in the 21st Century” as Want to Read:
The Dynamics of Persuasion: Communication and Attitudes in the 21st Century

The Dynamics of Persuasion: Communication and Attitudes in the 21st Century

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  68 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
The Dynamics of Persuasion provides a comprehensive and up-to-date introduction to persuasive communication and attitude change. Offering a thorough discussion of classic and contemporary theories of persuasion, this text explores the structure and functions of attitudes, consistency between attitude and behavior, and issues in attitude measurement.

Examining persuasion thr
Published October 1st 2007 by Lawrence Erlbaum Associates (first published February 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about The Dynamics of Persuasion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dynamics of Persuasion

Mani
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The content is great. I really enjoyed the models of attitudes and their roles in belief formation.

I liked the part about Elaboration Likelihood Model.

I also enjoyed how the models were introduced in a sequence that made each model's shortcomings clear.

i docked a star because I feel as if it took me to the edge but didn't give me that last shove,
Larry McCloskey
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit of a one-size-fits-all textbook on persuasion, this book borrows heavily from other authors but casts that previous scholarship in a uniquely accessible light.

Having had the pleasure of taking this course and using this text under the author, I can tell you that this book brings to life his enthusiasm and genuine passion for the subject matter. Cialdini's "Influence" and in so doing, takes the plethora of useful information from Cialdini's work and makes it palatable, removing the monotony
Jvermeersch
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
We used this book in my undergraduate course at university (Communication Sciences), and it also was a good reference work for my Master's thesis on strategies for immunization against persuasion. A book I would suggest to anyone interested in persuasive communication! Written in a very fluent and accessible style, with plenty of real-life examples.
Julia
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book! Well written, fluent in language, understandable and well explained. This was an interesting read and is highly recommendable for people who want to know the basics, but also in depth explained details of persuasion.
Apr 17, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adr
I read this book as a textbook for a class. It isn't bad. I did learn a number of things. It just didn't grab me the way some of the other non-fiction books I have been reading lately have.
Linda
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology, textbooks
This book is easy to read and provides a clear overview of the primary theories of persuasive communication.
Tamera
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a textbook. What am I going to say?!?!
Mehdi Bouricha
carrie Scott
Jan 03, 2017
Alissa Ard
Feb 22, 2014
Gholam Reza Azari , Ph.D.
Aug 30, 2009