Start by marking “Pete the Cat's Train Trip” as Want to Read:
Pete the Cat's Train Trip

Pete the Cat's Train Trip

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  454 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Pete the Cat is back in New York Times bestselling artist James Dean's beginning reader Pete the Cat's Train Trip. Pete can't wait to visit Grandma, especially because he gets to take a train ride to see her! The conductor gives Pete a tour of the train, and Pete gets to see the engine and honk the horn. Pete even makes new friends and plays games on board. What a cool rid ...more
Published June 23rd 2015 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Pete the Cat's Train Trip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pete the Cat's Train Trip

Leigh Triplett
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pete-the-cat
In this adventure Pete gets to go on a train ride, during the train ride it discusses all the things there is to do on the train. It also talks about different people and parts of the train briefly. It has cute and colorful pictures to enhance the story.
Lindsey Bishop
Exciting book for kids. Takes them on an adventure.
Paul
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another good Pete the Cat adventure.
Rosa Cline
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Pete gets to ride on a train to go visit his grandma. He's very excited to visit his grandma but even more so to ride on the train. He's never ridden on one before and he even get s to have a tour of the train!
Naomi Blackburn
Feb 11, 2018 rated it liked it
A Pete the Cat for older readers. More expanded in content, but I felt it was missing the cuteness that the original Pete the Cat has. I feel kids transitioning from the "original" Pete the Cat to this level will enjoy though.
Slayermel
Pete the cat takes a train ride to go see Grandma. He learns all about the train and meets some new friends on board, that he plays some fun new games with.

As always these books are very bright and colourful with fun illustrations.
Allison
A favorite with O.
Brett
Pete the Cat is one of my all-time favorites.
Chris
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: el-ed-340
Picture Book #10: These books are leveled readers for children. These have great stories and visuals. This is a fun book about Pete's train trip.
Terilyn Bufkin
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pete takes children on an adventure to visit his grandma. This book is great for new readers and entertaining at the same time! The children can relate to this book if they go and see their grandma.
Kenson and kirra
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
i learned about pete the cat my second year of preschool. he's still my favorite cat. i like this book because i got to ride on a train once too.
Amy:)
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fun book with a host of animal characters on the train.
Christine Grant
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: storytime
Transportation Story Time. Pete and his family travel by train to see Grandma.
Molly Ritterbeck
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love Pete the Cat and his adventures. This book was fun for us as traveling to see grandma is always an adventure. My daughter could relate!
Miss Sarah
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Pete and his family are traveling by train to visit grandma. While on the train Pete gets a tour. a little long so one on one or preschool but language is very basic and easy to follow
Megan
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, jared-s-choice
a favorite of my 6 year old
Miss Kate Reads
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Not really the typical Pete the Cat story, but I think kids will love the train stuff.
Hope
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reading, edgar
We really enjoyed reading this one as it combines Pete the Cat AND trains. Win-win.
Denn Angelo
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book captures young readers into the work of Pete the Cat. They embark on there journey to meet someone very special to him, and in doing so explores his great interest in trains. Pete and this train trip tells a tale about a family and there joys within this train ride. This isn't your normal train , its Pete and the Cat's Train Trip.

Visual elements of this book that make this a great read for early learners is the parallel connection between text and illustrations. The text expresses exac
Terry
My kids (3 and 5) both love Pete the Cat books and this one was no exception. The added bonus of a train only made them request this one again and again. I was not surprised they liked this book, as it had their favorite things in it: Pete, trains, and a grandma.

I prefer the I Can Read series of Pete the Cat books and this one seemed to have more of a narrative than the others. Pete is still a great character and the bright color scheme is always appealing to kids.

Pros: Climb aboard in this stor
Stefanie Burns
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Easily my favorite Pete the Cat beginning reader. The story has depth, details, and interest. Pete goes on a train trip to visit his Grandma. Kids who like trains will instantly like this book as we see different aspects of trains from the inside and out: conductor, caboose, train station, engine.

Pete makes friends and has a groovy time, as usual. The ending is sweet. Even though Pete is having a great time on the train, he can't wait to get off and see Grandma: she's his favorite.

The story doe
Jtimko
Join Pete the Cat as he travels by train to see Grandma. As he travels, the conductor shows him around the train including the caboose, snack bar, and engine (where he blows the horn). Finally they arrive at Grandma’s stop where a loving reunion occurs.
Pete the Cat is now a beginning reader series. With a controlled vocabulary and colorful illustrations, the young reader can now enjoy Pete’s books on their own. Written by James Dean (sans Eric Litwin), the humor is still there but cannot be pu
Kristi Betts
Apr 11, 2016 rated it liked it
In this Shared Reading edition in the I Can Read series, Pete the Cat, his brother Bob, and his mother are headed off to visit grandma. The basic text is presented with the familiar Pete character. The rhyming text generally found in Pete books is not present in this book, however the charm of this favorite character shines through the story as he explores the train with the conductor. I would recommend this book for early childhood and elementary libraries.
Holly Letson
3.5*

A fun story about Pete taking a train to his grandmother. Pete expresses a love of trains, and the conductor shows him around. He meets other animals and plays games and songs before arriving at his stop, where Grandma Cat is waiting for him.

I really enjoyed this narrator's voices for Pete and Bob.
Have this story read to you, like I did!
Kelli Novak
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
ISBN# 9780062303851

Pete the Cat is back in New York Times bestselling artist James Dean's beginning reader Pete the Cat's Train Trip. Pete can't wait to visit Grandma, especially because he gets to take a train ride to see her! The conductor gives Pete a tour of the train, and Pete gets to see the engine and honk the horn. Pete even makes new friends and plays games on board. What a cool ride!
Melody Harmon
This is a great beginning reader for a young child that is beginning to learn to read. I was surprised how many words my son knew. It is labeled as "my First" which is "ideal for sharing with emergent readers". I feel that this is a bit too complex for many beginning readers. It would be go for teaching them how to follow a plot, but it does have difficult vocabulary.
Esutterlin
Aug 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Beloved, recognized character. However, not as lively and engaging as some of Dean's other books.
This is a My First "Shared reading" book, for emergent readers.
I could use in a storytime about trains.
Roger
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
The story is great for any kid about to take a train trip. It's not part of the story but I especially liked the Dear Parent page that talked about how kids all learn to read in their own way. Bravo!
Kelley
Jun 20, 2016 rated it liked it
In general, I find the Pete the Cat beginning reader's don't have the good rhythm and style of the picture books. I liked this book for a kid learning to read, though. It was one of the better Pete the Cat beginning reader books.
Caspette
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great book for beginner readers and those who are starting to read independently. My 6 year old was able to read most of this unassisted, and enjoyed the train. I suspect for my son the train was the real star of this story.
  • Little Lola
  • Road Work Ahead
  • Pete the Cat and the New Guy
  • Too Many Tutus
  • I Am a Witch's Cat
  • It's an Orange Aardvark!
  • Galapagos George
  • Is Your Buffalo Ready for Kindergarten?
  • The Fox in the Dark