Start by marking “Pete the Cat's Train Trip” as Want to Read:

Pete the Cat's Train Trip

(Pete the Cat: I Can Read!)

New York Times bestselling author and artist James Dean brings young readers along on a groovy train ride with Pete the Cat!

Pete can't wait to visit Grandma, especially because he gets to take a train ride to see her! The conductor gives Pete a tour of the train, and Pete gets to see the engine and honk the horn. Pete even makes new friends and plays games on board. What a
Published June 23rd 2015 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Pete the Cat's Train Trip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pete the Cat's Train Trip

Start your review of Pete the Cat's Train Trip
Leigh Triplett
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pete-the-cat
In this adventure Pete gets to go on a train ride, during the train ride it discusses all the things there is to do on the train. It also talks about different people and parts of the train briefly. It has cute and colorful pictures to enhance the story.
Amanda
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: baby-books
My son liked this book because of the train. It was nice with some good train vocab but could have been better. Easy beginning book for kinder/first graders.
Kristi
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just read this to my 5 yr old nephew as part of his weekly homework.

He loves trains!
Paul
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another good Pete the Cat adventure.
Lindsey Bishop
Exciting book for kids. Takes them on an adventure.
Meldau-Cummings Fam
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-by-g
This book is about a cat who is going on a to his Grandma's house with his brother and his mom. On the train, Pete gets to help the engineer with the train and he gets to talk to his mom. Finally he gets to see his Grandma!!!!!

I liked and thought it was funny that Pete was so excited to see his Grandma because he never really was thinking about anything else.
I thought that this could have more parts for when he sees his Grandma.

Julie Barrett
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pete the Cat's Train Trip
Colorful children's book about a family of cats and they are heading to the train.Story tells you and shows you colorful pictures of everything they encounter along the way.
They are going to their grandmother's house. Love hearing of all the cars Pete discovers.
Book is in the category of I can read. Cute story.
Rosa Cline
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Pete gets to ride on a train to go visit his grandma. He's very excited to visit his grandma but even more so to ride on the train. He's never ridden on one before and he even get s to have a tour of the train!
Naomi
Feb 11, 2018 rated it liked it
A Pete the Cat for older readers. More expanded in content, but I felt it was missing the cuteness that the original Pete the Cat has. I feel kids transitioning from the "original" Pete the Cat to this level will enjoy though.
Slayermel
Pete the cat takes a train ride to go see Grandma. He learns all about the train and meets some new friends on board, that he plays some fun new games with.

As always these books are very bright and colourful with fun illustrations.
Sebastian HM
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pete the cat is amazing! Pete the Cat goes on a train trip to see his Grandma. And then, he was awesome to go on the train. Pete the cat was trying to have a ticket! Once he checked all the things and he saw the engine. He saw the train tracks. He saw the steering wheel.
Peacegal
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Doesn't really have the humor or spirit of the picture books, but this is a nice easy reader that will be good for kids just starting to read independently. I liked that Mom's book was called "Meow Meow Meow."
Cara
My son read this for AR.
He loves Pete the Cat and this one was even better because it was about seeing his grandma, something my son greatly enjoys. He got to read it to her on her birthday.
Pete gets to explore the train before seeing his grandma, making it the perfect trip.
Emily Farquhar
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great book for beginner readers. This book is about Pete the cat and his time on a train on his way to visit his Grandma. Pete gets to do lots of fun things on the train and gets to make new friends.

F&P: F
AR: 1.3

Six Traits:
Voice, word choice, organization
Brett
Pete the Cat is one of my all-time favorites.
Christine Grant
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: storytime
Transportation Story Time. Pete and his family travel by train to see Grandma.
Terilyn Bufkin
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pete takes children on an adventure to visit his grandma. This book is great for new readers and entertaining at the same time! The children can relate to this book if they go and see their grandma.
Miss Sarah
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Pete and his family are traveling by train to visit grandma. While on the train Pete gets a tour. a little long so one on one or preschool but language is very basic and easy to follow
Kenson and kirra
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
i learned about pete the cat my second year of preschool. he's still my favorite cat. i like this book because i got to ride on a train once too.
Chris
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: el-ed-340
Picture Book #10: These books are leveled readers for children. These have great stories and visuals. This is a fun book about Pete's train trip.
Molly Ritterbeck
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love Pete the Cat and his adventures. This book was fun for us as traveling to see grandma is always an adventure. My daughter could relate!
Amy:)
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fun book with a host of animal characters on the train.
Carly
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great Pete the Cat book!
Isla
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I love trains.
Mya
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book illustrations. The story was a little fast for me.
Joe Loncarich
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pete's Train Trip was solid. He got to see his Grandma, and hopefully his grandma isn't nearly the level of dingus as his mother is.
Genevieve White
6 year old rated and reviewed. She doesn't like how long they are but that is also because she is learning how to read complete solo and would rather be read to 🙄
Lucca
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Lovely Pete adventure including some sights you’d see if you went on a train ride.
Yajaira Vega
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-choice-5
This Pete the Cat book is about his train ride to his grandmother but gets a tour of the train. This is a good book to read if kids are learning about different transportation.
Mallory Hargett
Very adventurous book! Great for a younger group.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Pete the Cat and the Bedtime Blues
  • Pete the Cat and the Missing Cupcakes
  • Digger the Dinosaur (I Can Read!)
  • Splat the Cat: I Scream for Ice Cream
  • Biscuit in the Garden
  • Fox the Tiger
  • The Berenstain Bears: We Love Soccer! (I Can Read Level 1)
  • Pete the Cat and His Magic Sunglasses
  • The Fat Cat Sat on the Mat
  • Good Night, Little Blue Truck
  • The Skunk
  • You Go First (Mercer Mayer's Little Critter Inspired Kids)
  • Scaredy Squirrel Has a Birthday Party
  • Dragon's Breath
  • Little Critter: Snowball Soup
  • Bears in the Night
  • Pigs Make Me Sneeze! (Elephant & Piggie, #10)
  • There Is a Bird on Your Head! (Elephant & Piggie, #4)

Pete the Cat: I Can Read! (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Pete's Big Lunch (Pete the Cat: I Can Read)
  • Play Ball! (Pete the Cat: I Can Read)
  • Pete the Cat: Pete at the Beach
  • Pete the Cat: Scuba-Cat
  • Pete the Cat: A Pet for Pete
  • Pete the Cat: Too Cool for School
  • Pete the Cat and the Bad Banana
  • Pete the Cat and the Lost Tooth (My First I Can Read)
  • Pete the Cat: Snow Daze