Start by marking “Ten Thankful Turkeys” as Want to Read:
Ten Thankful Turkeys

Ten Thankful Turkeys

This colorful autumn tale follows ten turkeys as they get ready for an important celebration. This story teaches about gratitude. There are also fun turkey facts in the back of the book.
Published October 4th 2014 by 4EYESBOOKS

To ask other readers questions about Ten Thankful Turkeys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Thankful Turkeys

Lisa Blair
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sweet children's book about Thanksgiving. Wonderful family memories are portrayed as the turkeys prepare for Thanksgiving dinner. Each family member is portrayed in a loving manner. I enjoyed this unusual presentation of turkeys preparing Thanksgiving. And I appreciated the traditional meal fare (outside of the meat. Ahem!), holiday preparations and family members portrayed. It was so sweet!

The illustrations are adorable! The illustrations by Ewa Podles are so well done and just super sweet.
Th
Stephanie
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fun holiday book for young kids! Bright illustrations!
Erika Messer
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the cutest book, the author did a great job writing a nice holiday story :) I think it really teaches kids that working together makes things better and makes them happy. It's easy to read, and I love the way the writing has fall leaves behind it, and the illustrations are gorgeous and tell the story so well. The book really points out that even kids can have an important job and be a part of the process. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and the rhyming was awesome, my daughter loved it t ...more
Charlie
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Then Thankful Turkeys uses the classical rhyming style for children’s books. It follows ten turkeys as they prepare for a feast and celebration.

The first five turkeys are the ones preparing the meal. The last five turkeys show the young and the old in the group.

The book ends on a beautiful note of being thankful and blessed to celebrate each year, just as we do for Thanksgiving.

At the very back of the book are some turkey facts. I did not know that turkeys could fly so fast!
Phaedra Seabolt
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is such a cute book!I loved the art work. The cover is a mere tease of how cute the art is in this story. Each picture reflects the what is in the story. It is a very informative story about what many people eat for Thanksgiving and has neat facts about turkeys to educate our kids. I have it on my son's kindle to explore on his own. He can't read yet, but he will enjoy the artwork. He'll understand what it is about just from looking at the pictures.
Bonnie Rediske-
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
This is an adorable little book that plays on counting. My young one was loving it and giggled throughout. The images were great as well.
Kim Propp
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
HoaP would like to thank Angela Muse for gifting us a copy of Ten Thankful Turkeys in exchange for our honest review.

This review was first seen on Heart of a Philanthropist Blog.

Ten Thankful Turkeys is full of fun! The turkeys will be stuffed for Thanksgiving, but not in the traditional sense! The turkeys are dressing the table for dinner. One by one they all bring something special for the meal. Mom and Pop Turkey come in after the table is ready and lead the family in a thankful bow. The plot
Erin Buhr
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
10 helpful turkeys are preparing for Thanksgiving in this bright autumn tale. One by one they add a piece of the meal or prep for the day. Together they tell the tale of how we gather young and old together and prepare for a day of thanksgiving. Despite the fact that the main course is obviously missing from the buffet, this is a Thanksgiving day full of warmth and love. It displays both the hustle of preparations and the joyful interactions. As a bonus, the back offers fascinating facts about t ...more
Polly
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Charming book with beautiful holiday message and bright, colorful illustrations. Cleverly written and will keep any child's attention. Tells a heartwarming tale of a turkey family celebrating thanksgiving. Reinforces messages of tradition, generations of family, and thankfulness that correlate to humans. Great book for parents to read to young children, and also for early grade readers to read on their own. Beautiful symbolism of the thanksgiving holidays simply put for children to understand. A ...more
Lynda Dickson
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ages 2+
Shelves: children
The author's rhyming verse follows ten turkeys as they make preparations for a special Thanksgiving feast. I wonder what's on the menu? (It's obviously not turkey!)

The story will help your children learn to count to ten. It also reinforces the importance of family and friends in celebrating and being thankful for all that we have. The illustrations by Ewa Podles are absolutely the cutest! The book ends with some interesting facts about turkeys.

A great Thanksgiving gift for your little one.

I rec
Stacie
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews

Ten Thankful Turkeys is a delightfully charming tale about adorable turkeys preparing to spend time celebrating what's most important...each other.

Told in engaging rhyme, Ten Thankful Turkeys is a wonderful story that reminds little ones to be grateful for the gifts in their lives. The illustrations are absolutely darling and it's hard not to fall in love with the little gobblers. Children will love this story and it's one that can be enjoyed again and again.

I highly recommend picking up a copy.
M.M. Hudson
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely adorable. I loved the bright eyes and cartoon -ish turkeys each with its own personality. The unexpected twist of a traditional family holiday is so fun. The overall message is clear.
The short list of facts in the back add to a child's natural curiosity and is a plus for the book.

Ms. Muse manages to make a simple counting book into a poetic masterpiece. I love it and it deserves. 5 stars!

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book for my open and honest opinion. The views
Monique Bucheger
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ten Thankful Turkeys is a super cute picture book featuring the spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday through ten turkeys. I was a little concerned at how the main course was going to be handled since all the guests to the dinner were turkeys, but found I had nothing to be concerned about.

The story is about relationships and taking the opportunity to enjoy good food and company. I liked the fun facts offered and found the illustrations to be delightful. All in all, a very nice read.
Carol Greenwood
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Analee gives this story a five.

It's a story about Thanksgiving. It's a great story about Turkeys. It's great because you learn about how friends work together to make their dinner a success and they pray to express their gratitude.
Eileen Carter
Good story

My daughter ebbed this cute story about ten thankful turkeys. the pictures were colorful and really allowed my daughter to enjoy the story more.
Cathryn Sikorski
rated it did not like it
Nov 17, 2016
Karen
Nov 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Isabella Babysits Baxter
  • Frizzy, the S.A.D. Elf (Santa's Izzy Elves, #4)
  • Dewi and the Seeds of Doom
  • Finding Fuzzy: a You-Decide Tale of a Lost Friend
  • A Different Kind of Safari
  • Blucy: The Blue Cat
  • The Secret Sisters Club (Ginnie West Adventures, #1)
  • Good-Bye, Baby Max
  • Lobo's Howliday (The Adventures of Lovable Lobo, #4)
  • Santa's Birthday Gift
  • Mother's Love Can Conquer Any Fear!
  • Roxy Rogers: Your Destiny Is Calling
  • Bingo Summer
  • Rachel's Day in the Garden
  • Frankie Dupont and The Lemon Festival Fiasco (Frankie Dupont Mysteries #2)
  • The Ifs
  • Sing-Along Construction Song
  • Zoe & Zak and the Yogi's Curse (Zoe & Zak Adventures, #2)
I was born in California to a military family. This meant that I was the "new kid" in school every couple of years. It was hard always trying to make new friends, but I discovered I had a knack for writing. I began writing poetry in high school and really enjoyed expressing myself by using pen and paper. After becoming a Mom in 2003, I continued my storytelling to my own children. In 2009 I wrote ...more