Start by marking “Oeuvres complètes en seize volumes” as Want to Read:
Oeuvres complètes en seize volumes

Oeuvres complètes en seize volumes

Paperback
Published November 19th 1992 by Flammarion (first published April 18th 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Oeuvres complètes en seize volumes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oeuvres complètes en seize volumes

Start your review of Oeuvres complètes en seize volumes
Katherine Holmes
Sep 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I think I've read everything in this except for Gigi. When I saw that novelette in the volume, I had to read it. Maybe I haven't read the last novelette, The Shackle.

No, I hadn't read The Shackle. It's an interesting story, somewhat lagging, and during it, I wondered why the protagonist didn't have physical trouble with her lover after he had physically abused his previous lover. It seemed neglected until the end. She didn't fight him over his verbal abuse, that she was just for desire, etc.
Maggie
Aug 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This collection contains Cheri, The Last of Cheri, Gigi, The Vagabond, and The Shackle. Cheri is amusing and indolent, a description of love from the perspective of an aging courtesan and her young, spoiled lover. The Last of Cheri is one of the most fascinating discussions of life after World War I - the neurasthenic survivor, his newly liberated wife, his incredibly self-centered mother, and his older, former lover. Absolutely wrenching. Gigi was surprisingly short, but richly written. The ...more
Cherie
Oct 17, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
Of all of the novellas in this book, I most preferred the first two about Cheri - a young man who has a wonderful relationship with a much older woman - and what happens when she tries to marry and live a "straight" life.
Sarah Ruth Goldman
Timothee.Grosgmail.Com
May 07, 2019
Raven Muffin
Oct 06, 2019
Colette was the pen name of the French novelist and actress Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette. She is best known, at least in the English-speaking world, for her novella Gigi, which provided the plot for a famous Lerner & Loewe musical film and stage musical. She started her writing career penning the influential Claudine novels of books. The novel Chéri is often cited as her masterpiece.