Start by marking “Amy's Choice (A More Perfect Union, #2)” as Want to Read:
Amy's Choice (A More Perfect Union, #2)

Amy's Choice (A More Perfect Union #2)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Without a goodbye, Amy Abernathy's childhood sweetheart, Benjamin Hanson, leaves to fight in the American War for Independence. Amy chooses to pick up the pieces of her heart and leave Charles Town to help her sister who is with child.

Benjamin knows he hurt Amy, but he plans to make it up to her after his mission is completed. Then he learns that Amy has been captured by r
Published October 5th 2014 by ePublishing Works!

To ask other readers questions about Amy's Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amy's Choice

Sharon Obelenus Holland
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amy is sticking to her guns, she will not marry. But then Ben comes back into town. He long lost love who left town without word as to why. In order to keep her pact, she will use every excuse or tale she can come up with to stay away from him. So when her sister asks her to come stay with her until the baby is born, she jumps at the chance. So she asks Emily and Samantha to go with her. She wants back up because her sister's husband is mean and she hates the house. Now the 3 girls have to take ...more
Leone (She Reads too Much Romance)
Review coming soon!
Ira
May 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Nun ja, irgendwie wurde ich mit den Charakteren dieses Buches nicht wirklich warm. Ben hat Amy ohne ein Wort verlassen, als sie dachte, dass er kurz davor stünde, DIE Frage zu stellen, blieb jahrelang weg, ohne sich zu melden und wundert sich, dass sie etwas ....sagen wir mal ... zurückhaltend... ist, als er auf einmal wieder vor der Tür steht.

Davon abgesehen, dass sich auch im Hintergrund noch einiges abspielt, was eher ein wenig verwirrend ist, als zur Handlung wirklich beizutragen, irritierte
Lisa Denn
Feb 17, 2017 rated it liked it

I received a copy of this book from eBook Discovery in exchange for an honest review.

Amy's Choice, the second book in Betty Bolté's series A More Perfect Union, takes the reader back in time to when America was still fighting for its independence from Britain.

The book didn't WOW me the way other romance stories have in the past largely because the story and it's eventual outcome was apparent almost from the start.

Amy's Choice is reminiscent of Margaret O'Hare's book Gone With The Wind. Therein l
Laura Reading
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful installment in this Revolutionary War series. The women are strong and opinionated but capable of caring for themselves and each other. Previously the 3 best friends had taken a vow not to get married or to depend upon a man for their support and protection. A very single minded man returns to town thinking he'll have no trouble resuming a relationship with Miss Amy. He should have thought more about that before he left town three years ago without a word, and not even a single ...more
Margaret Watkins
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
War changes people and living in a war zone either makes or breaks a person. War changed Amy from a naive, carefree young Southern belle to a wary, determined woman who knew what she wanted. When Benjamin returns after three unexplained years away from home, Amy is in no frame of mind to accept his request to court her. Ben has fixed ideas about the role his wife will fulfil, and Amy has no intention of fitting into his plans. When Amy's sister needs her help, she leaves town, thereby missing th ...more
Kathy Wideman
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This story continues on from the first book and is Amy’s and Benjamin story of how they find their way back to each other. Amy and Ben had a relationship and then one day three years ago he just left. No note or letter explaining why to Amy. She was heartbroken and decided she never wanted to feel that way again. Now Ben is back in town and intends for get Amy back. His views on marriage and a women’s role are a little off from Amy’s. Amy is afraid to lose her independence if she were to marry. ...more
Marjorie Mindel
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"I received a copy
of this book from eBook Discovery in exchange for my honest review."

This is a Regency romance that takes place at the end of the American Revolutionary War, when British and Royalists are taking provisions and valuables from the South Carolina patriots. Three women are best friends, and two are cousins besides. They are against the prevailing belief that a woman becomes the property of her husband: mind, body, and goods once they're married.

Lies and spying for the Americans beh
John Naylor
Apr 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book for free via Goodreads First Reads.

I am always hesitant about starting a book series with any other book but book 1 but in this case I think the book stood alone well enough.

The book did make me check facts about the time period and the places. They all seem to be well researched and accurate. The book and style were easy enough to get into and read and I do think a lot of people would love who love the genre will love this.

I did not love it as it was too slow paced and mea
Mary Lynde
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun, entertaining book. The storyline is interesting and the characters are strong and enjoyable. I didn't much like Ben in the beginning, but he sort of grows on you. Amy is bold while being vulnerable. This is the second book in the series but the first one I have read, and I look forward to reading the rest.
I received this book for free from eBook Discovery. I voluntarily post this review. This is my honest review.
Vi
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Amy has made a vow not to marry. Her beau, Ben, left town years ago; without saying goodbye or any word, since. Then there's her sister, Evelyn's husband; it's obvious he abuses her sister. Amy would be a fool to marry and give up her freedom...
Ben left town serving in the military, but couldn't find the words to tell Amy. Now he's back and intends to resume the courtship; still not able to say the right words!
Adventurous Revolutionary War tale. Domestic abuse and a late, misguided trip into
Sam Spencer
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Satisfying irony is a thing.

People call me a cynic but I always say, love is not enough to make a stable, lasting relationship. Love must be coupled with mutual respect and support.
FINALLY an author got that! Praise the heavens!!!
I thoroughly enjoyed this book

I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway
Carole Swinford
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Betty Bolte writes about strong, independent women and Amy is not what you expect of a woman living in the 1700's Another great story with solid historical details in the second book of the "A More Perfect Union" series. You will love this series.
Leona Bowman
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed read Lucy Snow story. it was hot.. some great twist and lots of adventure. Who would not want to read a story about a sassy funny Heroin. I know I do.. especially if you though in a bad boy stepbrother.. excellent story. I was given this story for a honest review.
Sherry Teed
Barbara
Vykki
Sylvie
  • Tackled by the Girl Next Door
  • Wilde Times (Old Town Country Romance, #4)
  • A Perfect Fit
  • In the Arms of a Stranger (Shadow Heroes #2)
  • Dangerous Desire
  • Bullet Proof (MacKenzie World #2; B-Squad #0.5)
  • Special Agent Finnegan (Undercover FBI, #2)
  • Flirting on Ice (Atlantic City Hustlers, #1)
  • River Wolf (Wolves of Willow Bend, #7)
  • Love Came Back (Pyro-Princess Design and Style Novel)
  • Healing Her Heart (Stanton Family, #3)
  • Of Ocean and Ash (Falling in Deep Collection)
  • Ready To Rock (Save the Date, #0)
  • Unwrapping Tess: Christmas Encounters (Vegas Mates, #5)
  • The Hierarchy of Needs (The Portland Rebels, #2)
  • Nacho Figueras Presents: Wild One (The Polo Season #2)
  • Finding Fisher
  • Lady of the Flames (A Most Peculiar Season, #3)
When I sit down to write, the goal for my historical stories is to bring the lives of people in the past to life for my readers. I write both historical and contemporary stories featuring strong, loving women and brave, compassionate men. No matter whether the stories are set in the past or the present, I love to include a touch of the paranormal. In addition to romantic fiction, I've written seve ...more
More about Betty Bolte...

A More Perfect Union (4 books)
  • Emily's Vow (A More Perfect Union, #1)
  • Samantha's Secret (A More Perfect Union, #3)
  • Evelyn's Promise (A More Perfect Union, #4)