Start by marking “Earthbound Passion (Adventures of Mari Shu, #1)” as Want to Read:
Earthbound Passion (Adventures of Mari Shu, #1)

Earthbound Passion

(Adventures of Mari Shu #1)

Mari Shu, a factory drudge in the year 4000-something, must choose how to protect her sisters, her purity, and her own conscience in a bleak futuristic society that’s been polluted by smog, rampant commercialism, tacky jumpsuits, sexual perversions, unjust socioeconomics, interstellar travel, and inconsistent use of the Oxford comma.

In this first of many planned interacti
Published October 3rd 2014 by Meankitty Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Earthbound Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Earthbound Passion

Jody Wallace
Oct 06, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-by-moi
I wrote this book. It's horrible.
D.B.
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book had me laughing, crying, and knowing that I will never read another romance (Sci Fi or otherwise) without thinking about this satiric gem. No trope is safe, no plot line sacred, no part of the uberalpha hero or submissive heroine psyche left unexplored - not to mention their orifices.

Mari Shu One Million and Something is a down on her luck working class citizen trapped in a dystopian future (of course), trying to support two ungrateful sisters (of course) and keep them safe from the ho
Laurie P
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jodywallace
I give it 5 stars because I got thru the whole thing!
namericanwordcat
This is farce which plays with all the science fiction romance tropes. I wanted it to work for me but comedy is very personal and this failed to tickle me.
Paloma Meir
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wish I had found this author earlier in the year. She is so funny. I laughed and laughed all the way through her erotic choose-your-adventure style book. How to describe it? Douglas Adams meets Anais Nin with a touch of Fanny Hill.

Our heroine Mari Shu lives in an, I hope for all of us, alternate universe. She’s orphaned and taking care of her two younger sisters. The sisters aren’t particularly bright and are the catalyst for Mari’s adventures. The girls cravings for sex and food “goo” tubes l
Shiloh Saddler
Oct 11, 2014 rated it liked it
I didn't know what to expect when I picked up this book but for the most part I really enjoyed it and I was laughing at how the author spoofed everything from science fiction to romance to fast food to writing mistakes. I liked the fact it was a choose your own adventure...or I guess romance story. I haven't read one before. I only give it three stars because reading the same phrases over and over again got old, especially "poop shoot." It is like a comedian overplaying the punchline. Not sure I ...more
Petra Grayson
Super funny and great for a light-hearted read. I had to stop and think about some of the puns because they were just so good. I will definitely get book 2, in fact, since I wrote this up so long ago, I've already gotten and read about half of book two. The only thing I was iffy on was the concept of the choose your own story because I had to keep jumping back and forth so I could read all the paths. There's just no possible way to read through a book and not know what all the pages say.
Diane Dooley
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sci-fi erotica/parody choose-your-own adventure. Giggle-snort funny and charmingly filthy. I read it on an old skool Kindle, so selecting my choice of adventures for Mari Shu was a little clunky. In the end, though, I had Mari Shu sexxor everything that moved and I snickered and smirked the whole damn time. It takes a lot for me to enjoy erotica. This one hit me right in the G(iggle)-spot.
Virginia Daugherty
Beth
Sep 15, 2016
Richard Sweetland
Mar 14, 2017
Jody Wallace writes sf/f and contemporary romance under her own name, a few erotic romances as Ellie Marvel, and whatever the cats wants the rest of the time. She currently resides in middle Tennessee with her family.

Adventures of Mari Shu (3 books)
  • Martian Conquest (Adventures of Mari Shu, #2)
  • Far Galaxies (The Adventures of Mari Shu #3)