Start by marking “The Rule of Mirrors (The Vault of Dreamers, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Rule of Mirrors (The Vault of Dreamers, #2)

The Rule of Mirrors

(The Vault of Dreamers #2)

At the remote, exclusive Chimera Centre, families of coma patients come from all over the world seeking miracles. When Althea Flores wakes up from a six-month coma, her recovery defies the limits of hope and science—except she can’t remember anything about her own life. Instead, she has all the memories of Rosie Sinclair, the missing Forge Show star, and she’s pregnant.

Far
Published February 16th 2016 by Roaring Brook Press

To ask other readers questions about The Rule of Mirrors, please sign up.
Alexis I know me to! I am looking forward to this, i might have to re-read to refresh my memory.
Aubrey Bennett She said it should be out July 11, 2017!! SO LONG!

jessica
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
so im trying this thing were i attempt to read all of my unfinished series from years ago. and considering i didnt re-read the first book, this didnt go as poorly as i had anticipated!

i dont think ive ever read anything quite like this plot (one girls consciousness in two separate bodies - kind of cool), and it honestly felt like it could be a standalone story. but they did tie in events from the first book, so i appreciated that. im reading the final book tomorrow to finally get this series of
Suzanne
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really twisted, good sequel. I'm looking forward to book three. I was hesitant on starting this series because of some of the stuff I have read and reviewed, but honestly it is a great mixture of psychological thriller & sci-fi. I have really enjoyed the series so far!
Alyssa
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-releases
Excellent! Very good sequel. I can't wait for book three!

***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

The Rule of Mirrors by Caragh O'Brien
Book Two of The Vault of Dreamers series
Publisher: Roaring Brook Press
Publication Date: February 16, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

The fast-paced, psychologically thrilling sequel to The Vault of Dreamers follows Rosie after her consciousness has been split in two.

The entire country was watching when Rosie Sinc
Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*
I'm not really sure how to rate this. It was an exciting read, yet there was a huge plot point I didn't like. Essentially having two Rosies was a strange idea, and something I didn't find very enjoyable. Not to mention the pregnancy thing was completely strange, especially Rosie's quick acceptance of it (while she was in Thea's body).

However, this was fast-paced and interesting, especially for the second book of a trilogy. I still really like the romance—I ship Rosie and Linus all the way. I'm l
Michelle
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
**I have tried really hard, but it is unavoidable. This review will have spoilers of book 1. Do not read unless you have read book 1 of this series**

I LOVED The Vault of Dreamers (you can check out my review of book 1 HERE) when I read it last year, and I have been anxiously awaiting the release of book 2- The Rule of Mirrors. And you know how sometimes you love the first book in a series so much, and you are so exci
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)
This review was originally posted on It Starts at Midnight
4.5*

I really liked A Vault of Dreamers, and it ended on kind of a huge cliffhanger (and by "kind of", I mean freaking definitely) so I was pretty interested to see where the next book would go. The ending was a game changer, so it was either going to get epically amazing, or... not.

You probably guessed by now that I liked the direction the plot took. The first book had almost a straight up contemporary feel to it (well, not exactly cont
Lyn *GLITTER VIKING*
2.5

Strong start, and then the book unraveled into a love-polygon, formula checklist mess. This series has so much to give, and yet, we keep falling back on the same old material again and again. I'm so sick of this series using the romance to get by, and then just rushing around with the rest of the story line. Get off of it!

Also, forcing a girl to be pregnant in another body? Rape.
Kathy Martin
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Vault of the Dreamers trilogy. It is told from two points of view. Rosie who was left behind in her body and the Rosie who became a dream seed and was reseeded into the body of a brain dead pregnant girl in a clinic in Iceland. Both have harrowing adventures.

The Rosie who is still in a vault and being mined of her dreams is let awaken periodically by a creepy attendant who is fixated on her. She uses that fixation to engineer her escape from the hidden clinic outs
☆Stephanie☆
I going to go crazy waiting for the last book in this series. It is so intense. Some stuff I figured out on my own, but other stuff just keep surprises me. I love that O'Brien manages to do that.
In her Birthmarked trilogy, she did the same thing, but I was fortunate because all the books had been published by the time I found them. Waiting for a book is frustrating. And I need to know what happens to Rosie. Will she end up with Linus, like I hope? Will she go back to being whole? Will Berg get w
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Young Adult, Science Fiction
*Rating* 3.5-4

*My Thoughts*

The Rule of Mirrors, by Caragh M. O'Brien, is the second installment in The Vault of Dreamers series. It has been three months since 16-year old Rose (Rosie) Sinclair was expelled from the Forge School and Dean Berg became her legal guardian. Trapped in a vault of dreams, Rosie doesn't realize it but her conscious has split into two. One with the original Rosie, and the other with 18-year old Thea, who has been in a
Jesslivraddict
Lily ☁️

While I liked the first installment, The Vault of Dreamers, of The Vault of Dreamers series better, I nevertheless still enjoyed The Rule of Mirrors.

Above all, what sets this series apart from other YA futuristic/science-fiction trilogies is, that although it's very much plot-driven, the development of characters and relationships is still flawlessly done.

Caragh M. O'Brien managed to make me invest in and care for Rosie from the very beginning, and even after all this time (I think I re
Morgan
Dec 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: young-adult, sci-fi
I'm going to be in the minority here, but I think this is the end of this series for me.

I liked the first one okay and the premise was interesting, but this was a hot mess. If Rosie being stuck in a pod and being dream-mined with some creeper letting her wake up for some fantasy of his wasn't squicky enough... Having her consciousness partially split off into another body of a brain-dead, pregnant girl at the same time...

Ugh.

The writing itself is beautiful, but the story was just so fractured
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
The second book in The Vault of Dreamers starts from the cliffhanger of sorts O’Brien left off with, though I personally think The Vault of Dreamers should've been left alone as a stand-alone. This sequel might be a little disorienting at first, as Rosa is in another body and it takes awhile to figure out what was going on.

This review was origin
Nikki
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen
Wonderful, fantastic, amazing. The ending is even more frustrating than the ending of "Vault of Dreamers". I need the 3rd book now. Pretty pretty please? I have to know how this series ends.
Jenny
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This one was hard to put down! I just love the premise of this series, such an original idea! Can't wait for the next book!!
Dark Faerie Tales
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A fast paced addition to the series that I enjoyed more than the previous one.

Opening Sentence: When I feel soft, breathy pressure on my lips, I open my eyes and grab the guy’s throat.

The Review:

Spoilers for book one! Rosie is still trapped in the vault of dreamers, her own personal hell, having her creativity and parts of herself mined in order for The Forge School (reality TV series crossed with an arts academy) to have shady undertakings.
faith
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
honestly, this book was a roller coaster from start to finish. it's crazy how Rosie could be in two separate bodies, but I am unsure what happened to Althea. did her brain just- die? it's kind of creepy because essentially, if that's true, Rosie is living in a dead person's body. one part that was interesting was when Rosie (view spoiler) ...more
Claire (bookscoffeeandrepeat)
Yeah, I'm not reading this series anymore.
This 1995 film sounds similar to the concept in this series.
description

"...this visually-striking fantasy film concerns a deranged scientist who kidnaps orphan children in an attempt to slow down the aging process by stealing their dreams."
Emily Fisher
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
*deep sigh* I feel very disappointed in this book... I loved the first one in middle school, but this one totally did not reach my expectations! I waited so long for this sequel too.... the characters drove me crazy, the way they acted, the "logic" behind their plans. Oh well... I guess I can't love all the books that are sequels to books I used to love....
nat. (semi-hiatus)
Rosie needs to stop being suspicious of Linus. I get why she would be wary about everything and everyone, who wouldn't be in her position, the damage done to her it's pretty much irreversible but he's been nothing but loyal to her. and what does she do, leave him in the dust ... again. 🙄

also the whole Rosie/Thea was pretty freaky, I don't know if believable yet but definitely weird.
Ashley
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series-i-want
Nooooooo, why must it be over!! This series = amazing! First book was better but this one was just as great and messed up (in a good way) as the first one. Starting the third book right away! Brillant!
Karissa
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: readin2017
So far The Vault of Dreamers series is pretty bland. The characters have no life to them whatsoever and they're so fickle it makes me crazy. Tom is literally the only character I like so far.
Even though I had to force myself several times to keep reading, I will be reading The Keep of Ages, out of curiosity to see how everything plays out.
Erin Arkin
The Rule of Mirrors by Caragh M. O’Brien is book two of the series and I was so excited to get my hands on this one. This book picks up right after book one ends and O’Brien did a wonderful job of pulling me right back into the story. If you haven’t read The Vault of Dreamers, you may want to stop reading here because while I won’t spoil The Rule of Mirrors, I can’t swear I won’t give anything away from book one.

If you recall, Rosie’s consciousness was split into two at the end of the last book
Kat
Nov 17, 2015 rated it liked it
*I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Rating: 3.5 stars

I don't have much to say about this one. . . . I do think it was stronger than The Vault of Dreamers, though I don't remember the first book very well. I reread my review for it and I guess I was frustrated with quite a few things--like the main character, her inner voice, and the ending--but I didn't experience that with the sequel! I just felt a little disconnected towards the end. I clearly wasn't grip
Jessie Potts
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio, feb-2016
With Valentine’s Day and The Walking Dead‘s return making February my favorite month, we also have so many awesome YA’s releasing that deserve some love! I asked Caragh M. O’Brien (The Rule of Mirros), C.J. Redwine (The Shadow Queen) and Amy Matayo (The End of the World) to talk all things YA and romance.

Jessie: Tell readers about your book.

Caragh: The Rule of Mirrors is the story of one mind and two bodies. Rosie Sinclair, who had her dreams mined in the first book of the series, The Vault of D
Erin Wolak
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is one of those rare times that the sequel is actually much better then the first one of the trilogy. I really liked that I got both perspectives, the one of Rosie herself and the one of Rosie inside Althea's body. While I felt like the beginning went a little slower than normal I am very glad I stuck with it because the middle and ending of the book more then made up for the slow start. All of the new characters introduced were amazing. I loved everything in this book and cannot wait to re ...more
Lynndell
Thanks to NetGalley and Roaring Brook Press for the arc of The Rule of Mirrors by Caragh M. O'Brien! I enjoyed this sequel better than The Vault of Dreamers. The story was more developed and explained in a way that I understood the concept better. The Rule of Mirrors continues where The Vault of Dreamers left off and is full of twists and dynamic characters. This book adds another dimension to this series' storyline and the ending left me feeling like I was hanging off the edge of a cliff!
Amy
Sep 24, 2016 rated it liked it
rule of mirrors 1 2 Oct 02, 2018 08:55AM
  • Evolution (Extraction, #3)
  • The Book of Shade
  • The System (Killables, #3)
  • The Boys of Fire and Ash
  • The Master of Misrule (The Game of Triumphs, #2)
  • Super Dark 3 (Super Dark, #3)
  • The Capture (The Prey, #2)
  • Stone in the Sky (Tin Star, #2)
  • Catalyst (Control, #2)
  • Etherworld (Elusion, #2)
  • Freakshow
  • While You Were Gone (Duplexity, #2)
  • Long Story Short
  • The Gauntlet (The Cage, #3)
  • The United Continuums (Continuum Trilogy, #3)
  • Noise
  • The Dark Water (The Well's End, #2)
  • Night Terrors (Dreamweaver, #2)
Caragh M. O'Brien is the author of the BIRTHMARKED trilogy and THE VAULT OF DREAMERS series, both from Macmillan/Roaring Brook Press. Born in St. Paul, Minnesota, Ms. O'Brien was educated at Williams College and earned her MA from Johns Hopkins University. She recently resigned from teaching high school English in order to write young adult novels. For more information, visit http://www.caraghobri ...more

The Vault of Dreamers (3 books)
  • The Vault of Dreamers (The Vault of Dreamers, #1)
  • The Keep of Ages (The Vault of Dreamers, #3)
“Stalking's when you follow the person and won't leave them alone. Waiting is different. It's a form of tribute, like a vigil, and fate rewards it.” 2 likes
“Love is for happy people, not me.” 1 likes