Start by marking “Amphitrite the Bubbly (Goddess Girls #17)” as Want to Read:
Amphitrite the Bubbly (Goddess Girls #17)

Amphitrite the Bubbly

(Goddess Girls #17)

A new mergirl shows up at Mount Olympus Academy—and Poseidon just might be her perfect match in this seventeenth Goddess Girls adventure.

Amphitrite is a mergirl with a big crush on Poseidon—but will his quirks make her fall out of like?
Published August 18th 2015 by Aladdin

Daisy
This wasn't my favourite book in the series but I think it was a good addition to it. I loved seeing some familiar faces from earlier in the series that don't go to MOA, as well as getting more of two of my favourites; Hades and Pandora, AND the awesome new character of Delphinius, but I thought the story let this book down.

Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention, because although the whole contest thing seemed cool at first, I soon found it to be overcomplicated and very badly paced, in my
Nhu
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Poseidon, the plot is very interesting.
Joanna
This was selected by my four year old daughter, who I'm sure picked it based on the cover. She seemed to like the story even though I'm sure that she didn't understand most of it. I found the effort to incorporate Greek mythology amusing, but not especially well done or clever. We haven't read any other books in the series, so maybe I'd be more appreciative of character development across books, but it's hard to say. This is definitely a book for young readers and a young audience with little cr ...more
Hershey!16
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amphitrite the Bubbly is part of the Goddess Girls series by Joan Holub. The Goddess Girls books (including this book) are some of my favorite summer reads. The books in this series put a modern twist on Greek mythology to somewhat relate to young girls today. This particular book is about a young mermaid named Amphitrite who meets the Mount Olympus students on the adventure of a lifetime. I would recommend this book (or this series) to pretty much all young girls looking for quick reads of abou ...more
Doni
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chapter-book
I was surprised by how much I liked this book, especially because it figures Poseidon heavily and up until this book, he was my least favorite character in the series. But Amphitrite is such a nice character that she changes Poseidon for the positive. Great surprise, late in the game.
Elizabeth  Chang
It was really nice to read about mermaids for once!
Natalie
Shelves: zz2019-aug-new
A
April
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute but not my favorite. Although Amphitrite's portions are delightful; once Poseidon starts to have POV chapters it begins to drag; mostly because his only driving ambition is to Win a Temple from the Games Zeus is holding and he doesn't mind being a bit of a jerk to do so. Amphitrite has a lovely few scenes in her undersea world before becoming a legged land-version of a mermaid for the entire rest of the story. There's a contest to see which of 7 groups of 5 students (some from MOA and other ...more
Linda Jaejoong
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-until-2019
Wir laden euch herzlich zu den Tempel Spielen der Mount Olympus Academy ein, der Hauptgewinn ist ein eigener Tempel. Ein Traum wird wahr für Poseidon er hat die Chance seinen eigenen Tempel zu bekommen, nur das ist einfacher gesagt als getan. Zunächst muss er dafür ein super Team zusammen stellen und die Meerjungfrau Thetis ist die perfekte Kandidatin für sein Sieger Team.

Was er nicht weiß ist das Thetis nicht Thetis ist, sondern ihre Zwillingsschwester Amphitrite. Sie möchte nur eins, endlich f
Narariel
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting addition to the Goddess Girls series, this story seems to have more than the usual amount of point-of-view of a godboy. Specifically Poseidon. I found the changes in PoV to be well-done and to add to the story. The book seems to include not only a moral as usual but also a gentle reminder of courtesy and its benefits. I liked the flaws in the characters and the fact that the main female character wasn't a goddessgirl, thus having fewer powers. I felt this gave her a chance to show ...more
Beenee Reads
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another cute book to keep me going between releases of my 'Must Have Now' books!

It really is amazing how Joan Holub is able to twist the classic myths into child friendly completely different stories! The great thing about these books (at least for me) is that the characters are (for the most part) in their early teen years and not only do they act like it, but throughout the series they have grown in a believable manner as people.

Can't wait to get my hands on the next book!
705wendy
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
So ROMANTIC! The main character Amphitrite is a mer-girl who wants to explore the world above the water. Unlike other mermaids, she can't shape shift into human legs. One day, her sister Thetis received an invitation to the Olympian games where Poseidon asked her to be her partners. Amphitrite became thrillled as her Thetis gave the chance to her. Will Amphitrite succeed in winning the games with her tail? Let's find out!
Elizabeth
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun book! Even though this is a children's book I still like to read it because it's a nice twist on Greek mythology and the gods and goddesses!

So this one was interesting since it was mermaids in it so that was cool... Though Poseidon is described as a real jerk and I don't really like that way perceiving him.

Overall a good little mythology book, looking forward to the next one.
Ashley-Anne
Cute but I felt the ending was rushed. I didn't like that the Temple Games were (view spoiler) And I still think Poseidon is a weenie.
Grace
Sep 10, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was pretty fun and entertaining. It told the story of a mergirl named Amphritite who traveled to MOA to complete in the games.

I liked it, but since I enjoy reading Greek mythology, it got annoying reading the book because of how the actual mythology in the book was written.
Kaytee
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
amphitrite is really pretty and i think poisiden was wrong and i think he is pretty selfish i should say even though i felt bad that he did not get his temple and i knew it was hard cause i am a sore loser.
Kelly Carey
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it
I had never heard of this character from Greek mythology; however, she is like the little mermaid in a way, except she has a lot more sisters. Just like the little mermaid, she wishes to live on land.
Wing Kiu
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I found this book quite interesting and engaging. I couldn't stop reading this book and nothing in here is boring!
Michelle Tempted By Books
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cute and fun.
Isabella
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing and I'm so glad that with as many books there are in this series that Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams have not lost their spark.
Quiana
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this book because it has spells
Ryanna
Jun 18, 2016 rated it did not like it
Definantly for young readers!!!!
Claire holecek
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice!

I really liked the romance between the characters. .
Issa
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
this is great! You really should do one on Thetis. (the real one!)
Jane
Cathy T.
Aug 26, 2016
Kashvi Kumar
Sep 01, 2019

• The Truest Heart (The Fairy-Tale Matchmaker, #3)
  • Laura Monster Crusher
  • Of Sorcery and Snow (The Ever Afters #3)
  • Delilah Dusticle and the Cursed Tempest
  • Dusssie
  • Fathom vol 1: Blue Sun
  • Power of the Heir's Passion (Andy Smithson, #0.5)
  • Village of the Mermaids
  • Are All the Giants Dead?
  • Rose of Prophecy: A Beauty and the Beast Novella
  • Hit the Road, Helen! (Myth-O-Mania, #9)
  • Michael Turner's Fathom: Dawn of War Beginnings
  • Sweetest Curse
  • The Princess Games
  • Pearl
  • Into the Labyrinth (The Sylvie Cycle, #2)
  • The Sea King's Daughter: A Russian Legend
  • Siren's Treasure (Dark Seas #2)
Children's book author:
HELLO DINOSAURS; MIGHTY DADS (a NY Times bestseller); LITTLE RED WRITING; the GODDESS GIRLS series (with Suzanne Williams); THIS LITTLE PRESIDENT, A Presidential Primer; THIS LITTLE TRAILBLAZER, A Girl Power Primer, ZERO THE HERO. Lucky to be doing what I love!

Goddess Girls (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Athena the Brain (Goddess Girls, #1)
  • Persephone the Phony (Goddess Girls, #2)
  • Aphrodite the Beauty (Goddess Girls, #3)
  • Artemis the Brave (Goddess Girls, #4)
  • Athena the Wise (Goddess Girls, #5)
  • Aphrodite the Diva (Goddess Girls, #6)
  • Artemis the Loyal (Goddess Girls, #7)
  • Medusa the Mean (Goddess Girls, #8)
  • Pandora the Curious (Goddess Girls, #9)
  • Pheme the Gossip (Goddess Girls, #10)