Start by marking “Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls” as Want to Read:
Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls

Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls

3.46  ·  Rating details ·  9,431 ratings  ·  1,500 reviews
They say Delia burned herself to death in her stepfather’s shed. They say it was suicide.

But June doesn’t believe it.

June and Delia used to be closer than anything. Best friends in that way that comes before everyone else—before guys, before family. It was like being in love, but more. They had a billion secrets, tying them together like thin silk c
Published July 7th 2015 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls, please sign up.
Stephanie Fintel
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Katherine I didn't read Thirteen Reasons Why, but I will say that this book left me angry. Angry for how the characters are manipulated and angry that the…moreI didn't read Thirteen Reasons Why, but I will say that this book left me angry. Angry for how the characters are manipulated and angry that the ending is rather arbitrary.(less)

·  9,431 ratings  ·  1,500 reviews

Start your review of Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls
Emily May
Delia knew something someone didn’t want her to know, that’s for damn sure. And she threatened to tell. So whose secret was it? And what were they willing to do to make her keep it?

Lovely cover, intriguing title, nothing new or special for the most part, until a cheap twist comes flying in towards the end.

This book was all kinds of messy. Typical bitchy high-school drama that tries to follow in the footsteps of Gone Girl, but ends up being laughably cheesy, rather than an interesting psych
Sana
This is probably going to be a difficult review to write, but

Let's start.

First of all, the MC, June is the stupidest, retarded piece of shit on Earth. Her "best friend" (who she stopped talking to) Delia commit suicide, but smart-ass June thinks she was murdered!

description

Okay that's fine, but June kept on going back and forth between either she was murdered or she commit suicide. Girl, make up your fucking mind please.

-She trusted people to easily. June trusted Jeremiah too fast. Like he could be the fucking murderer for all you know,start.
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

“Pitched as Gone Girl meets Thirteen Reasons Why”

Palm Springs commercial photography

Suicide Notes From Beautiful Girls was one of the pop-up recommendations on my library homepage. I had heard zilch about this book before requesting it and only did so because I liked the title. (Deep, I know.) Then I saw that sales pitch contained in the blurb and had the following reaction . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

However, since I have no ability to not read a book once it is downloaded, I had no choice but to grin and bear it. And you know whhttp://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/
Chelsea
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
I think this was a big ole pile of nope. So many trigger warnings, rape, drug abuse, clearly suicide, I'm glad I waited til I was in a good headspace to read this cause if not I'd be having some serious problems right now.
enqi ☁️✨ kell maresh lovesite
i don't know how to review this book. i want to give it one star and five stars at the same time. i can't think
Whitney
May 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-work, mystery
Honestly, I don't even know what to say about this book. I really liked for the first hundred pages and then it all went to hell.

I don't even know what I just read, I can't process it. This book went all over the place and took twists and turns into places that just didn't work. I feel like the author started off with a great story and then she kept adding more and more drivel that ruined it.

I gave it 2 stars because I did finish the book and because I liked the writing style but no
Stacee
Jun 15, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1.5 stars?

First off, I am 100% on board with mindfuckery. I love it. Like an all caps, flailing sort of love. This...this was disappointing.

Well, the first 40% of the book was good. I was definitely intrigued at the murder/mystery/conspiracy vibe I was getting. Then there was a maybe cheating boyfriend/maybe shitty BFF plot line and I sort of lost my taste for it.

When the truth came out, it was enough to keep me going; however, I loathe not getting concrete answers when mindfuckery
Aditi
“However rare true love may be, it is less so than true friendship.”

----Albert Einstein

Lynn Weingarten, an American YA author, pens a gripping as well as an emotional tale, Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls , about two friends layered with enough mystery to keep the readers engaged till the very end, in a way, the author shades light into teenage friendships, trust issues among them, teenage trauma and suicide and mysterious death into her plot.

Synopsis:

Gone Girl meets 13/>Synopsis:
Es Summer

"Our hearts are pounding,
And I can't tell whose is whose,
her palms on my face,
her lips on mine,
her heart inside my chest."

Lately I've been craving this new type of books. Books about women and their relationship with each other. Books about the intense, sometimes twisted and hypnotizing friendship women have with each other. I love the way girls love each other recklessly and wild.
Unconstrained and passionately.

Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls is about a consuming
Liz Barnsley
I have just finished this novel and all I can say is what the holy heck? The whole thing was addictively brilliant but THAT ENDING OH MY! I am not entirely sure what I'm feeling right now but that was powerful powerful stuff.

June's best friend has committed suicide. They had drifted apart in the months leading up to the tragedy and June is struggling with survivor guilt. However things are strange - and lead her to believe that perhaps this is not as straightforward as it seems. Did
merina rey
1 star for plot itself and being well written.
1 star for it being engrossing and keeping my attention.
1 star for overall not feeling like it was a total waste of my time.

trigger warnings!!! suicide, rape, and addiction.
Also, it has HEAVY language. Just an FYI for those of you who may not like that.

I'll just start off by stating that I think that the book had a quite promising plot.
The idea of the book was very intriguing, but in the end, the book fell short of/>/>1/>1
Nicola
Jun 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I have mixed feelings about Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls. On the one hand it's an exciting thriller that kept me on the edge of my seat. On the other hand, in the last 50% the book becomes weird and insane and it was like a whole different book.

June and Delia are former best friends and haven't spoken in over a year because of "something" that happened. June receives a voicemail on the day that Delia supposedly kills herself but then Delia's boyfriend arrives and says he doesn't beli
sue
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Although this is classified as YA, I personally think anyone can read this. I am middle aged and I loved this book. Its definitely a WOW what happened there....

This is jam packed with an emotional read, two friends, Delia and June. Both are so very different in character. Whilst Delia comes across wild and out of control at times, June comes across as more mild. I think Delia brings confidence to June, until......

Delia leaves a suicide note.

This is wher
Erin ღYour YA Readerღ
I honestly was so confused the whole time... after reading I don’t even know what happened.
Serena | TheBookUnicorns
Aug 18, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
1 star

This book was just so messed up. Like, probably the most messed up book I've ever read.

In a mere 300 pages, it goes from the basic high school party life messed up to straight up murdering people messed up. Every time I thought it couldn't get worse, I was wrong. The main character is lied to so many times by the end of the book it's hard for even the reader to keep everything straight. It honestly took me a little while to sort everything out.

The worst thing a
Rashika (is tired)
Jul 17, 2015 marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
The no.1 reason I DNFed this book was Delia. June and Delia's friendship seems so toxic to me and Delia just seems like a horrible person and I JUST COULDN'T do it.

I ended up skimming till the end to see how the mystery unravelled and that's when things really got interesting but not interesting enough to make me want to read the entire book.

I am slightly let down by the book given how much I adored Wherever Nina Lies but Delia is SO NOT WORTH IT. She is actually kind of
Dahlia
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Contains so many of my favorite elements, including a toxic homoerotic friendship and some good old-fashioned revenge questing, as well as some really lovely writing. Compelling enough to read in one shot, too. Too much of the subplot stuff was left too open for me - somewhere just shy of open to interpretation and into an area of less-than-satisfying in a way that retroactively colored the book for me into something a little less successful than I anticipated finding it - but I enjoyed it a lot ...more
Julia Sapphire
Trigger Warnings: Suicide and Rape

One word to describe this would be Disappointing.

This has a solid premise for a young adult book involving suicide. Someone's best friend supposedly kills herself, through burning herself. But her friend June is shocked by her death and believes it to be not her doing.

June was an okay character and for the most part I liked her, than the book went down hill and so did her character for me. Her "best friend" Delia is obnoxious! Not only is she a characte
Kirsty
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-books, signed
I almost don't want to review this book because it was so awesome and I think the reason why I was so blown away with this book because I knew very little about this book going into it.

This book is awesome. It keeps you guessing from the first page until the last about what has actually happened and whether Delia actually committed suicide or not. I found myself absolutely hooked and the ending absolutely blew me away.

This books is compared to Gone girl and th
Ashley Daviau
Jun 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I was a little hesitant going into this one because I’ve heard such mixed reviews but I ended up enjoying it despite having one or two issues. I didn’t really feel any connection to any of the characters but the twists and turns of the story kept me interested and invested in the story. Where it lost me a bit was towards the end, it got a little but unbelievable and it ruined my enjoyment a bit.
Renae McBrian
What did I just read...?

Suicide Notes From Beautiful Girls sets out to do what Gone Girl once did and shock us all, but falls short of that while still managing some entertainment throughout.

The problem is more that too much is given away for that shock and awe to happen. It doesn’t exactly help that in the book’s description is
Elise (TheBookishActress)
3.5 stars. Cheesy in places and not particularly new, but definitely an enjoyable, psychological read.

TO START WITH: THE BAD

It's cliche. I think we've all read plenty of books with slightly naive leads and evil opposite characters. Anyone who's read YA suspense of this type will know the approximate direction the plot is headed. This didn't affect my enjoyment of the book, especially since I read this before becoming tired of the cliche, but YA suspense veterans, be warned.

Another complaint: June's cha
Bren
― Lynn Weingarten, Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls

I read alot of YA and many a mystery too. This was not the worst but I did not understand alot of it and certain parts actually made me a bit queasy. So that is why I did not like it.

SPOILERS:

T
Erin Lynn
Oh boy... I am going to have a lot to say about this one...

Full review to come.
Elvina Zafril
This is gonna be a hard review to write. But I'm just gonna write it anyway.

First I wanna talk about the character. her name is June. and i think she is stupid and she trusted people too easily??? She had a so called best friend, Delia who commit suicide but June thought that girl was murdered. "Smart-ass". She trusted Jeremiah too fast and I don't know why. I mean that guy could be a killer you know. But she still follow him to get the clue of the murder.

There's a plot in this stor
Gray Cox
DNFed at page 30 (yes, it was that bad).

Despite the beautiful cover this book fell so flat.

If I wanted to deal with shallow, meaningless, and just plain petty drama I would go hang out with a bunch of eyeliner-wearing, sailor-swearing middleschoolers who swear it's not a phase.... or I would finish this book.

Please don't make me do either of those.
Carrie (brightbeautifulthings)
Alice sent me this book, so I expected there to be a lot of crying like there was in All The Bright Places, Looking for Alaska, and Whores on the Hill. Fortunately (or not?), Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls is of a completely different kind. Trigger warnings: suicide, rape.

June has barely spoken to her best friend, Delia, for the past year. Delia was a wildfire, the kind of girl everyone wanted but no one could touch, and June used to know her better than anyone. She’s shocked to
Kat
Jun 04, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A sensitive topic, but a story that, upon reading the summary, held intrigue and promise, of a girl named June, mourning the loss of her best friend Delia who recently committed suicide; then, Delia’s ex-boyfriend manages to convince June that this may not be by her own choice, but somebody else’s, implying murder, and as described, she is swept into a tale of conspiracy and lies and investigation, and compared to Gone Girl—such an analogy is overstated.

Upon reading the first few chapters—the ones I could manto Gone
Claire (Book Blog Bird)
This and other reviews are featured on my blog: Book Blog Bird

Suicide Notes From Beautiful Girls opens with June learning of her former best friend’s death. Delia and June hadn’t been in contact for over a year but when June learns of Delia’s suicide she is distraught. And then facts start to come to the surface to suggest that it might not have been suicide after all...

This was a really hard book to come up with a rating for. There were aspects that I loved - some parts were so

• The Way I Used to Be
  • That's Not What Happened
  • Two Can Keep a Secret
  • Sadie
  • A Danger to Herself and Others
  • One of Us Is Lying (One of Us is Lying, #1)
  • Every Last Word
  • Suicide Notes
  • The Cellar (The Cellar #1)
  • The Merciless (The Merciless, #1)
  • The Darkest Corners
  • Empty
  • We All Looked Up
Lynn Weingarten is a New York Times bestselling author living in Brooklyn. Her fifth young adult novel, BAD GIRLS WITH PERFECT FACES, was released in the US on Halloween 2017. It will be out in the UK on January 11th, 2018.

Her previous books include SUICIDE NOTES FROM BEAUTIFUL GIRLS (a NY Times bestseller, a YALSA Teens’ Top Ten book for 2016, one of Vanity Fair’s list of Best Books for July, an
“Finding a best friend is like finding a true love: when you meet yours, you just know.” 17 likes
“Sometimes the kindest thing you can do for a person is to shield them from that which will not help them. Make the decision and then carry the burden yourself, bear the weight so that they don't have to.” 15 likes