Start by marking “Crown of Three (Crown of Three #1)” as Want to Read:
Crown of Three (Crown of Three #1)

Crown of Three

(Crown of Three #1)

Family secrets combine with fantasy in this epic tale of battle, magic, strange creatures, power, and fate—a Game of Thrones for a younger audience.

Toronia, a kingdom composed of three realms, is wracked with civil war. King Brutan rules with an iron fist. Cruelty and suffering abound. The kingdom’s only hope comes in the form of Brutan’s illegitimate triplets, prophesied
Published June 2nd 2015 by Aladdin (first published January 1st 2015)

Katherine
HALO HALO!!!Nový fantasy příběh pro PIDI i maxi čtenáře! (založený na otřepaně znějícím proroctví).

Jste připraveni na krvavou vzpouru proti vládě a "krutopřísnou" válku o korunu země-jejíž-jméno-si-nepamatuji? Potkáte duchy; zombiky; hodně hloupého krále, ještě hloupějšího zaskakujícího krále; dívku, co z hloupého chování vyroste; něco jako Tarzana a OBŘÍ KUPU MRTVOLEK!!!

Autor se opravdu NEBÁL zabíjet ve velkém a to i ty postavy, jejichž jméno si sice pamatuji, ale jejich smrt mě nezasáhla (on
Jan 31, 2015 rated it liked it
There isn't anything really outstanding here, but equally there's nothing really bad. Triplets, hidden from the world so that they can grow and fulfill a prophecy, magic, evil queens, battles and fantastical creatures will all appeal to the middle grade reader. My biggest complaint is that the female triplet (Elodie) is pretty much a brat and needs to grow more than her two brothers. Why that was needed is beyond me - making her a more likeable character wouldn't have been difficult.

ARC provided
Honzi
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,5/5*

Tak tohle bylo obrovský překvapení. Tahle kniha se mi ale vážně líbila. Čert vem vcelku těžký styl psaní, který se mi ale k dobré dobrodružné fantasy fakt hodí, a nějakých "pár" neologismů. Můj celkový dojem je hodně pozitivní a teď už jenom čekat na další díl, tak snad vyjde brzo.
Vi ❤ Inkvotary
3,5 Stars

Style and Language
J. D. Rinehart uses a simple, clear and sometimes very opulent language and his style is on most of the pages very tedious. No question, his various landscapes are great and the way he brings the story to the reader by an invisible storyteller, is absolutely perfect for his novel. But this book is nothing more and nothing less but average. A nice read, sure, but nothing out of the ordinary.

What the dragons are in Game of Thrones, are the Thorrods – kind of huge birds
Hannah Belyea
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
A prophecy states that the downfall of the cruel king of Toronia will be at the hands of triplets, so when witch boy Tarlan, performer Agulphus, and princess Elodie find themselves caught up in a war for the crown, they strive to find one another and bring peace to their home - if they survive long enough to succeed, that is! Rinehart begins an interesting trilogy with this colourful fantasy where danger awaits around every corner. If readers are able to overlook the numerous cliches and stomach ...more
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Έχω διαβάσει και άλλα βιβλία του συγγραφέα και η αλήθεια είναι πως έχει πάρα πολύ καλή πένα. Τα κείμενά του είναι εύκολα, αλλά όχι πρόχειρα, διαβάζονται χωρίς δυσκολία ακόμα κι από αναγνώστες που δεν είναι ακριβώς το είδος τους, δεν σε κουράζει με πράγματα τα οποία δεν γνωρίζεις ή που προσπαθεί να περιγράψει υπερβολικά... φανταζύ προς χάριν εντυπωσιασμούς. Αυτό ακριβώς συμβαίνει και με το εν λόγω κείμενο που είναι καλογραμμένο, ευκολοδιάβαστο και ευχάριστο από τις πρώτες κιόλας σελίδες.
Έχει δράσ
Aelvana
Jul 27, 2015 rated it liked it
A thousand years of war have left the people of Toronia longing for peace. And a prophecy promises peace will come when three stars rise, and three children are born of King Brutan. The king is less fond of this prophecy, since it also predicts his death at their hands. So when the triplets are born, they are scattered and hidden. But now the time is coming that the three of them are drawing together at last . . .

This was interesting in the sense that it bucked a lot of what I was expecting. Evi
A
Jul 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
Didn't get very far.
It had a decent premise, but it got gory and disgusting quickly.
It wasn't worth wading through that to get to the end.
Maria Magdalena
OK, first, let me say that I probably wouldn't have as many problems with this book if it wasn't marketed as "Game of Thrones for the younger readers". Which is something that is blatantly staring at me from the cover.

Only that this and Game of Thrones have about as much in common as Harry Potter and Cinderella. You will see some similarities if you squint hard enough. But otherwise, these are two completely different things.

Onto the actual book. The main problem I had that since page one until
Jamie
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Maybe 2,5. This was not bad, but I have read others middle grade books that are so much better and which I love.
And I really disliked one of the main characters.
Erin
Jan 01, 2018 added it
I enjoyed this book.
Caitlin Rogers
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Crown of Three is a ride that is suspenseful, a little scary at times, on edge, humorous, and poetic. The cover of the book, combined with the title, caught my eye and now I am very glad I decided to pick it up and open the pages. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys juvenile literature, but especially to grades 4-6. Possibly some mature third graders would also enjoy and comprehend this book, as well. I can't wait for the next installment!
Adrianne Lemke
Sep 17, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked it, but it wasn't anything spectacular. Honestly, if it wasn't the only book I had along with me on a long car ride, it probably would have sat unfinished on my shelf for a while. A bit difficult to get into, but had occasional decent moments throughout. Most of the characters weren't overly likeable, but I did enjoy certain aspects of some of them. My favorite was definitely Tarlan with his birds and other animals. I may read the next one eventually.
Jennifer Heise
Sep 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
Did. Not. Finish. Drab, daft, disconnected and also dull. All of these ideas have been done much better by other people, throwing them together into a triplet book is just a cheap repackaging, and it's not done well at all.
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This, along with Fuzzy Mud and Masterminds were an awesome trio of fast paced books whipped through by both me and the 12 yo boy in the household. Very exciting. . . and seeing a little zombie/fantasy crossover here. . .
Rachel Seigel
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tweens who are too young for Game of Thrones, but who are looking for a book with similar elements will enjoy this. It's a bit on the violent side, so recommended for 10 and up.
Wendy Kuzma
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reuniting triplets that were separated at birth is the key to fulfilling the prophecy that will save Toronia. Cliffhanger ending so there will be more. :)
Jill
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
the storyline was good. it was a bit on the graphic violence side. I listened to the audio version of this and got tired of the narrator always yelling.
Brian
Aug 09, 2016 rated it liked it
A bit graphically violent for the younger crowd, IMHO, but great for fifth grade readers. Strong plot, fun characters, and good merging of the various tales of the three main characters.
Meghan Pinson
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful fantasy. Sometimes heart-wrenching, sometimes violent, always exciting. Upper middle grade because of gore.
K-Dawg
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
With only 416 pages, J.D Rinehart’s Crown of Three will leave you wanting more.

Mr. Rinehart has written only one series, the Crown of Three Collection which has three books within, this certain book being the first. Living a quiet life, Rinehart lives with his Great Dane, Sir Galahad in his humble home in Nottinghamshire, England. Also, on special occasions, he will care for and raise falcons in need thanks to his undeniable love for falconry.
Being a Fantasy Fiction book, it is safe to say it i
Zachary Flye
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review:

Protagonists: Tarlan, Elodie, and Agulphous are triplets born to the king that signal the beginning of an old prophecy. Split up, so that their evil father won't find them, they know nothing about each other, and only one child knows about their origins at the start of this book. I did really like all three triplets, each one has a fairly unique personality and due to their individual upbringings, they have vastly different life experiences. I think my favorite character for this book wou
Christie Powell
May 12, 2018 rated it liked it
This story is definitely action-packed. I liked that each of the three triplets has different special abilities. I also liked that one of them, Gulph, is described as not particularly attractive and in fact a bit odd-looking, which is a nice break from all of the over-attractive fantastical characters. The fast pace left very little time for characterization, so any changes the characters made often felt shallow and their character changes unbelievable, especially Elodie. I was also a bit annoye ...more
Kay
This book was... not what I expected. Yes it involves a prophecy with 3 illegitimate triplets who are spread across the world to stay safely away from the king; the triplets all go through trials on their way home and just when they're about to be reunited something happens and throws everything off course again. There's even magic - each triplet has their own special talent.

I wasn't expecting the subplot where the king's legitimate son ends up in prison with one of the triplets (without either
Liana
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I almost gave up on this one... but I'm glad I didn't. :) What an exciting story!

For a young adult book, Crown of Three is actually one of the most violent YA stories I've ever read...! And believe me, I've read lots of YA stories. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I can appreciate a dark story when it's called for. I was just surprised by the amount of gritty bits...! Blood! Decapitations! Impaled bodies! And MORE!!!

...Yeah, this story is probably not for the faint of heart. But it's so goo
Laura Keep
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
My 7yo son and I read this after the first five Harry Potter books. There’s nothing particularly special about the story, nor is there anything awful. It’s mediocre, in a good way - as in, I saw the flaws, my kid loved it. The end got a little dark, with a scary zombie king but he went to bed ok. Read it with your kid, it’ll be fun.
Emily
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a very interesting and engaging story. I really enjoyed it until the book took a nasty turn and added zombies towards the end. I do not like dead/not dead characters in any movie I watch or book I read. It is very unsettling to me. I think the author could have done fine without that added in.
J.
Apr 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I guess I should have known when I read the synopsis that said this was like Game of Thrones for middle grade but this book was way to gruesome and violent for me. It didn't start out that bad but got steadily bloodier and gorier.
Jane
Jan 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ich wollte ein Kinder-Fantasybuch und das habe ich bekommen. Es hätte an der ein oder anderen Stelle sicherlich etwas ausgefeilter sein können und auch die Weltenerschaffung ist nicht die stärkste, die ich je erlebt habe, aber es war ganz süß.
Layla
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Een erg spannend, maar vooral erg meesleurend verhaal. Ik raakte er echt in verdiept en ben zeker benieuwd naar het volgende boek.
  • Mylingen (Pax, #3)
  • The Chosen Prince
  • Star Wars Omnibus: Emissaries and Assassins
  • The Lost Legacy (The Supernormal Sleuthing Service, #1)
  • The Basque Dragon (The Unicorn Rescue Society, #2)
  • Jurassic Carp (My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish, #6)
  • Felix Yz
  • My Life as Crocodile Junk Food (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #4)
  • The Dreadful Fate of Jonathan York: A Yarn for the Strange at Heart
  • The Poe Estate (The Grimm Legacy, #3)
  • Lantern Sam and the Blue Streak Bandits
  • Faja (Naslouchač, #2)
  • Led pod kůží (Mycelium, #2)
  • The Dragon Legion Collection (Dragonfire, #9.1, 9.2, 9.3)
  • The Reckless Rescue (The Explorers #2)
  • The Last Gargoyle
  • A Plague of Unicorns
  • The Mysterious Woods of Whistle Root
J.D. Rinehart is the pseudonym used by author Graham Edwards to write the middle grade series The Crown of Three.

Read his blog post on the series here: https://graham-edwards.com/2016/01/26...

Crown of Three (3 books)
  • The Lost Realm (Crown of Three, #2)
  • A Kingdom Rises (Crown of Three #3)