Start by marking “Jane Foster's ABC” as Want to Read:
Jane Foster's ABC

Jane Foster's ABC

Introduce little ones to letters in this bold and graphic style board book by illustrator and textile designer Jane Foster.

In this ABC board book, children will be introduced to letters by associating them with animals, such as D for duck, L for lion, and Z for zebra.
Board Book, 26 pages
Published July 7th 2015 by little bee books (first published May 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Jane Foster's ABC, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jane Foster's ABC

Start your review of Jane Foster's ABC
Kelly
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Move the book around when reading it to your little one. The gloss on the illustrations really adds to the book.
Mely
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
possibly one of my favorite alphabet board books. Such bold colorful illustrations. A wide variety of objects great for building language skills. I look forward to reading more of Jane Foster's books
Marissa
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book managed to hold the attention of a baby from birth! High contrast and interesting design.
Sarah Newman
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-sh, hardcopy, library
Lovely bright colours and gorgeous illustrations.
Marti M
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beautiful bold pictures that go well with the alphabet
Eliot Reads
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Favorite
Kate
Feb 24, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked this book - nice pictures and good variety of pictures. I find many ABC books don't always have picture examples that suit the phonics for the letter which is a little annoying. In this book there are a couple that don't work - g for giraffe, i for icecream.
Sarah Harvey
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it

Foster, J. (n.d.). Jane Foster's ABC.New York. Bonnier Publishing Group

A beautifully illustrated ABC book for young children who are starting to learn their ABC's and associate those newly learned letters with words. This book associates great, new words with the alphabet that not all ABC books do. "A" is for Armadillo, and "R" is for rocket are just some of the fun new words a child will learn.

This book is ideal for pre-K children and this learning activity would be ideal for that setting.
Katie Fitzgerald
This boldly illustrated alphabet book is great for infants and toddlers. The high contrast of each image against its background and the thick lines which outline every figure make it easy for young babies to engage with the illustrations, while the simple text is perfect for newly verbal toddlers. Even children who do not yet understand the alphabet can take joy in calling out the names for the animals and objects they recognize. The book also provides opportunities for toddlers to learn new ...more
Kate
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-for-hobbit
Love the art style in this book and they've used some different words than the usual for some letters (J - jug, P - panda), which doesn't seem like a big deal but it definitely keeps things more interesting for the parent and exposes the hold to some different sounds.
Adrienne Pettinelli
"Q is for queen"--yes, I'm behind that and am okay with the typical but functional x and z. The illustration and design are what make this book, lively with pattern and color but also clean and clear. I am charmed.
A.C. Bauch
Great basic alphabet book with gorgeous illustrations.
Erica
Oct 23, 2015
Trenee
Apr 17, 2017
Elizabeth
I really like the art style here, but I just didn't feel excited by the book. Maybe after so much Native Northwest and Bronwyn Bancroft it felt too Americana to me?
Nickolia Ortega