Start by marking “Angel in a Book Shop” as Want to Read:
Angel in a Book Shop

Angel in a Book Shop

What happens when a broken man has to trust in the impossible?

Chapter One is an antique book shop and is the last tangible thing Joshua Blakeman and his mom have left of his father. Nestled in a quiet square a few steps from London's St Paul’s Cathedral, it is boarded up with whitewashed windows and no new stock. The place is a sad reminder of loss and it has to go, but de
Published December 12th 2014 by Love Lane Books Limited (first published December 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Angel in a Book Shop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel in a Book Shop

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Every day I love him more.

Do you believe in angels?

I don't. But I believed in Michael. And Josh.

I believed in THEIR love.

And in LOVE, period.

This was a heartwarming, beautiful tale about a man done in by life and lies who discovers that maybe dreams and promises are not just for the lucky and fearless.

Josh is lost when Michael finds him. But together, over coffee and shared lunches and stolen kisses, they find each other.

I loved the bookstore setting, the talk of old London, the
Nick Pageant
Dec 13, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
It's not you book, it's all me.

I was so excited to read this... I think I got so worked up for it to be great that it couldn't live up to my expectations. My experience is summed up thusly:

description

I'm still going with 3 stars because I thought it was well written and I know a lot of people will love it. Guy in a bookstore meets an angel? Lots of hearts will be warmed by this one - just not the cold, cynical heart that gives the occasional beat in my chest.
Bev
3.5 rounded up to 4 stars. I loved Josh as a character, he was well fleshed out and I felt sorry for him, he'd had some awful stuff thrown at him in a very short time, no wonder he had a mini breakdown of sorts. Michael, on the other hand...I just couldn't get into him, he didn't seem credible and I'm sure that if Josh had been more aware and less wrapped up in his perceived failings, he'd have noticed that 'things' just seemed to happen when Michael was around.

I loved the tone of the story th
Trisha Harrington
This was another really nice story from RJ. I've read most of her books and I always enjoy reading what she writes and this was no different.

It was different in the sense it was a bit more fantasy/paranomalish. But that wasn't a bad thing. I really liked it here.

I'm really glad I read this. Michael and Josh were sweet and the ending made me smile.
Denise H.
***** This is a delight ! *****
A short story romance near London, with a heavenly twist. Every other chapter is an entry in Michael's diary. He owns the Art shop next to Joshua's inherited book shop, called Chapter One. It had been his Dad's.

Now, a year later sad Joshua must settle the fate of the shop. We get to see his past and inner thoughts. Each man likes the other and the kisses are magnificent. It's a slow burn, and we watch them progress from strangers to much more.
The big reveal is pr
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: Happy Happy Release Day!!! eARC Review: Angel In A Book Shop by RJ Scott

I don't really know what to say about this Christmas story from RJ Scott. I cannot call it sweet, but it is. I cannot call it heartwarming, but it surely is. I cannot call it a heart wrenching romance either. But. It. Is.

In short: This is a Scott book I cannot seem to get off my mind. I keep thinking about it and its been days since I read this. I mean... Look at that cover. It's a bookshop filled with sh
Serena Yates
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
‘Angel in a Book Shop’ is a truly wonderful, sweet, and heartwarming story about the healing power of love. The fact it takes place in a quaint little antique bookstore and contains a supernatural element are part of its charm, and wonderful additions to a story full of mystery and deep emotions. But for me, the strength of this novella lies in the characters who, each for a different reason, need love and understanding so very badly. Neither of them know what true love is, and both of them lear ...more
Lelyana

*** 4,5 stars rounded up!***

You need a perfect holiday story, with angel, miracle, and a happily ever after, like when we're kids?
This Josh and Michael's story, fulfill my need for those kind of fairy tales...just believe it for now (because I believe in angel, and Michael is an angel)... *sigh*

"Still, time marches on so quickly and I am happy to let it pass. Until I find the man who will make me decide that time has to slow down so I can stay. One day I will meet the person who will make me fe
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Serious spoiler (view spoiler)
I loved J
Bárbara
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was so fluffy and emotional... Loved it. Really. This is the kind of quality content I'm looking for. I'm always up for some shameless fluff.
Lori
Shelves: bmbr-reads
Christmas reads - oh my heart, Christmas reads. As much part of my essential seasonal package as chocolate, family, hallmark films and Christmas jumpers. There is nothing like a dash of romance and sprinkling of snow in a story to give me the warm and fuzzies - and in a little magic and the fuzzies just get fuzzier.

Angel in a Book Shop is a beautiful winter story. It is the kind of book that gives me a mellow after glow of happiness once I've read it. Joshua is at the lowest possible ebb in his
Borderstar
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it

This was a sweet, romantic, holiday read. Things happened between Josh and Michael a bit too quickly for my liking and I never really felt like I knew either of them particularly well - however they were very cute together. I liked the idea for the story in general though, the little snippets from Michael and the whole element of the book shop. The secondary characters were lacking in any real depth unfortunately, but it is a pretty short story so I hadn't expected them to be. It was an
Susinok
Sweet Christmas story, and can we all drool over that cover? Lovely!
Kathleen
Sweet novella

A lovely holiday story. Well written, very minor editorial issues, nicely developed main characters, sweet ending. As a rather short story, it left me a little bit frustrated with questions such as... are there others? Still, recommended.
Jay Northcote
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
sweet, gentle, subtle, heartwarming - a lovely holiday read.
Joyfully Jay
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crissy
A Joyfully Jay review.

Absolutely precious. This book is full of perfectly sweet aww moments that I loved from beginning to end. And I’ll be honest, angel/demon/religious books are not my thing most of the time, but there are certain authors I make exceptions for. Scott is one of them. And I’m glad I read it. It’s a story of new beginnings, of forgiveness, and of moving on. It’s everything a holiday story should be—heartwarming and sweet with a fulfilling happily ever after. I loved it.
Susan65
Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
The blogger Girls

I love angel stories. There is something so wonderful about having your own private angel looking out for you that I just gobble these books right up. And having an angel fall in love with you? How perfect is that? I just love these heavenly stories, I really do.

Josh is grieving over the death of his father and takes on the process of clearing out his dad’s book shop. While he reminisces over the time he spent there with his dad at Chapter One, he begins to form an attachment t
Funzee Shu
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it

*** 4 i-need-my-very-own-angel-stars ***

WARNING ! Review may contain spoilers...

description

I’ve been looking for you my entire life...

What if you've been looking for your other behalf for millennia...
Looking the person heart among thousands and thousands faces through times...
And...when you finally found the one...
Will you do anything...
Sacrifice everything...
Just to be with him ?
The broken man...

Michael know exactly what he really want...
Is to be with Josh, till the end of time...

“I love you,” he a
GayListBookReviews
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is not a simple happy romance. There are a lot of painful emotions that Josh is dealing with. But it is a loving and sweet one.

Josh is struggling with a complicated past that haunts him still. Grieving for his father and putting the shop that has been in his family for over a century. He doesn’t want to be the one to end the family tradition, but he doesn’t feel that he can continue the bookstore.

Michael is special, beautiful and kind, talented and intelligent. He sweeps Josh off his fee
Tyra Berger
Shelves: 2014
I love this time of year and all of the holiday books that come out. They really help me get into the Holiday spirit. This was my first read this season and I could not have picked a better place to start. Scott fills her books with so much romance and family and hopefulness you can't help but finish with a deep sigh and a smile.

Josh has not had an easy year. If losing his father wasn't hard enough he also lost his job, his home and found out the man he loved had betrayed him. Now living with hi
Nic
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Such a lovely story as the love of Michael, helps to heal Josh.

Josh had a breakdown after the death of his father and his life was turned upside down. He lost his partner, his home, his job and his mental health deteriorated. He is struggling to get back on his feet but has a mother who loves him dearly and nudges him in the right direction.

I loved seeing Josh establish a bond with Michael, having to trust his own judgment, even when he has been hearing voices. Josh learns to trust his heart an
Jewel
3.5 Stars

Angel in a Bookshop was a sweet story about Josh, who is still coming to grips with the death of his father as well as learning to trust himself again after a really bad decision cost him more than just his self respect, and Michael, an angel, for lack of a better word, looking for the other half of his soul.

The story is told mostly from Josh's POV, but there are entries at the beginning of each chapter from Michael to give you insight in his thoughts as well as the life he has experie
DTM
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Oh my....this was awesome..I don't ever read fantasy type books and I had no idea what this story was going to be about but I do enjoy this author so I gave it a shot. I'm so very glad I did. This was a most pleasant surprise. I loved it....I feel so warm and fuzzy....it was a wonderful story. Kudos!!
Relly
Good

3.25 ⭐

A cute Christmas short that I spent an enjoyable afternoon reading. I liked Michael and liked that even though he could of seen the answers he wanted he didn’t. I also felt for Josh and his mum, their grief was well done.
Bronwyn Heeley
Shelves: m-m, virgin
3.5
Joanne
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was beautiful. It's a timeless classic that I will read again and again at Christmas.
Katrina Passick Lumsden
This one's OK. Sweet and a fairly quick read, but not really anything deep or meaningful. Not something I'd be inspired to read again.
Amanda
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet

Short, succinct and sexy. Finding one's other half is the theme and it was done sweetly. Quick read but a good one. Beautiful ending.
Amber
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I DON'T HAVE FEELINGS YOU HAVE FEELINGS

Okay, my theatrics aside this was a really cute and quick read and love just overflowed from it. Recommend.
  • Christmas Delights
  • Magic & Mistletoe
  • Feathers From the Sky
  • The Holiday Hoax
  • The Winter Spirit
  • The Working Elf Blues
  • I'll Run Away For The Holidays
  • Vixen's Valor (North Pole City Tales, #3)
  • I Don't: A Christmas Wish
  • Candy Man (Candy Man #1)
  • The Case of the Sinful Santa (End Street Detective Agency #4)
  • Twelve Days (A Note in the Margin, #2)
  • What Happens at Christmas
  • One Holiday Ever After
  • Making His List
  • Merry Christmas, Mr. Miggles
  • The Trouble With Elves
  • Humbug
A USA Today bestselling author, RJ Scott has published over one hundred novels after discovering romance in books at a very young age. She realized that if there wasn’t love on the page, she could create it in her head, and has become a lifelong writer.

She lives and works out of her home in the beautiful English countryside, spends her spare time reading, watching films, and enjoying time with her