Start by marking “Owned (Decadence after Dark, #1)” as Want to Read:
Owned (Decadence after Dark, #1)

Owned (Decadence After Dark #1)

4.16  ·  Rating Details ·  4,024 Ratings  ·  599 Reviews
***Content Warning***
Owned is a dark erotic romance. Please pay close attention to the use of the words dark, erotic, and romance. It has intense sexual situations, a Master/slave relationship, mild abuse, and some violence. Reader discretion is advised.

"I like you collared, baby. I like you naked, I like you mine.”

Ellie Stevens has lusted over Kayne Roberts since he fi
Published September 29th 2014

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

Owned (Decadence after Dark, #1) by M. Never Claimed (Decadence After Dark, #2) by M. Never Ruined A Decadence after Dark Epilogue (Decadence After Dark, #3) by M. Never

BOOK 1 & 3 FREE! (10/11/2016)! Thanks Jess!

Book 1 of 3. Series complete.
FREE (10/11/2016): | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
Ellie Stevens has lusted over Kayne Roberts since he first walked into the import/export company she works for a little over a year ago. As Expo's most important client, Ellie has always kept a safe distance from the man with the majestic blue eyes - until temptation finally gets the better of her. Impulsively, Ellie invites Kayne to one of Expo's infamous company partie
La-Lionne
On the book's page it says that it's dark erotica and that there is mild abuse. Which is not accurate. The heroine is abducted and raped ever day for 3 weeks. I wouldn't call that "mild". Just want to put this out there.

The storyline was ok, nothing new really. What saved this book from being just another M/s story, was the writing. Which was pretty good. The whole background story was a bit weak. The ending was just another cliche. This book reminded me a lot of Escaping Paradise.

The reason I
Beverly
Aug 10, 2015 Beverly rated it really liked it
This sexy little read was definitely more than I bargained for. I started thinking I was getting a sexy story and was so happy to learn it was more. Owned is a sexy story with heart and suspense.
Cassandra Caress
Aug 09, 2014 Cassandra Caress rated it it was amazing
5 million brilliant stars! *** I thankfully received an ARC for an honest review ***

HOLY SHIT! WTF??? Am still totally in awe of this book. This book comes with a warning and you should read the dedication. Read it carefully and think twice before starting this book.
It really is dark and shocking and edgy and yet it was so hot and captivating. And there's no HEA - for now. (hopefully M. Never will continue the story)

I loved the changes of the POV. It gave the story so much depth and insight to
Candace
Nov 10, 2014 Candace rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers looking for a "lighter/softer" romance with kidnapping/sexual slavery themes.
Having just completed this book, I find myself going back and forth over whether or not I liked it and just how I should rate it. I think I'll go with 3 1/2 stars. I definitely wasn't over the moon for this book, but I am still curious to see how things work out for Ellie and Kayne. Halfway through this book, I wouldn't have imagined I'd care one way or another about what the future had in store for these two. So, the fact that I want to know more says something. Right?

The story starts off with
Christine
Mar 20, 2015 Christine rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, borrowed, amazon-own
3.5 Stars

There were some things I liked, others I did not.

(view spoiler)
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
4.5 So Wrong, but So Right Stars!

For the awhile there I've been in such a book funk! So I wasn't expecting much when my friends recommended this to me. But oh boy was I was wrong. This story had everything I was looking for. Romance, intrigue, suspense, hot alpha male, steamy sex scenes, lovable heroine. I want to pause real life and devour this entire series!

This book is so much better when you go into blind. Kayne and Ellie's chemistry is so explosive it burns through the pages. The ending d
The BookChick
Unfortunately, I am fairly ambiguous in my feelings about Owned. The story was neither good nor bad but somewhere in between. I had a few issues with the story that caused me not to thoroughly enjoy it. First, the story could use a rigorous edit because it contained more than a few (and could be overlooked) instances of dropped words or incorrect substitutions of a word (i.e. breath and breathe). The editing aside, I also had issues with the story itself. I will be the first to admit that I am n ...more
'Q' aka CoCo
Oct 06, 2014 'Q' aka CoCo rated it really liked it
Mmmm steamy and yet...

The hot factor in this book is insane. Kayne is deliciously dominant, and boy does he bring it in the bedroom. The book is mostly sex, but there's enough of a plot that you're interested in what's going on. It would've been a five star rating for me but for two things, and both happened at the very end. One: Kayne went all touchy feely crybaby--you're a Dom; act like it. Just because you fall in love does not mean you lose your balls. Two: I abhor loose ends. We don't reall
Jul 23, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC received for review

That first sentence sucks you in...."I like you collared, baby. I like you naked, I like you mine.”

It was dark, but not as gritty and dirty as some I've read. I think because Kayne was already in love with Ellie before he took her. I was not expecting all that to go down with nasty Javier. Love a good suspense thrown into the mix. His BFF Jett was absolutely amazing. I want him to have a story.

Why did no one warn me there was a cliffy? I'm glad the rest of this series is
R.K. Ryde
Feb 11, 2016 R.K. Ryde rated it really liked it
Giving this a 3.5 stars but I was torn. I wasn't sure if it should be a one or a five. This book was like a car accident that I just couldn't look away from.
Desirae (Dee)
Sep 23, 2014 Desirae (Dee) rated it it was amazing
Shit. I.just wow. I'm struggling for words after that. So this was me yesterday:
Self, we have a lot of books that need read before the beginning of October.
Selfie, you're right. Let's read Owned it sounds good.
Self, good call

After reading. Holy shitballs. That can't be the end. No. No. No. No. No. That can't. Wait, he's. What!! And Jett!! I just. Wait, what!?!? Why isn't the page turning. Why isn't there more. Whyyyyyyy? I need therapy after that book. No, no, I need to read that again.

Good g
Michelle

The chemistry between Ellie and Kayne is off the charts when he’s in the conference room, but what about when she’s tied to his bed and unable to escape?

So I was pretty much sold with that open line in the blurb and Dark, Romance and oh, yeah Erotic.... I needed something a bit darker, more suspenseful and Owned delivered. But just like Kayne says, not everything is as it seems.

This was my first M. Never book and although I found some fault with reasons behind Kayne’s actions, I still really e
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Aug 09, 2015 ♆ BookAddict ✒ La Crimson Femme rated it liked it
Recommended to ♆ BookAddict by: zoegrl
In a world where criminals know money is made when it is sanitized to appear as a legitimate business, there are always a few words people should know. Import/Export business generally denotes a criminal element especially if the people for the company don't share much about how they generate profit. Whenever I see import/export I think of recreational pharmaceutical, weapons and human trafficking. My how our society changes to make the impalpable sexy and mysterious. Drugs, guns and sexual slav ...more
Charlie
This was right up my street! Captive stories are my favourite kind of dark romance, my twisted brain just loves them. I wanted a smutty captive story and this one hit all my buttons, I'd definitely recommend.

Often with stories like these, the main character is too stupid to live and has no self preservation instinct at all. Thankfully Ellie was not like that, I really liked her. She struggled with her feelings throughout the book, she remained a fighter and sassy until the end yet she still sub
Laci
Jul 01, 2015 Laci rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

" A certain kind of darkness is needed to see the stars"

This quickly became one of my most favorite reads. I loved it.

I can't begin to put into words how much I enjoyed Kayne and Ellie, but I will say that this book was made for me. Truly there's not one thing I didn't love about this book.

I don't know why everyone is not reading it, but I feel this is a must read. I never rec books, but I'm telling you, I think your missing out if you past this by.
Fathima
Dec 15, 2014 Fathima rated it liked it
3.5 stars ! The story wasn't something that we've never read before but I loved the authors writing style . The interactions between Jett and Kayne were hilarious . Their bond really unshakable . I also liked how Kayne and Ellie's relationship developed through out the story . It was interesting to say Ellie struggle with a tug of war about how she felt about the things that were happening to her . The ending was ..... Off to read book 2 .. enough said !
Ellen Gail
I frown. This shit's fucked-up.

Never was there ever a more accurate quote for a book.

I don't know how to think or feel. I am simultaneously disgusted and hate everyone, but at the same time I couldn't stop reading the fucking thing. Why does a book where everything / everyone is deplorable have to be so well written?
Lillie
Jul 07, 2015 Lillie rated it did not like it
Another shitty abusive erotica that pretty much vilifies BDSM. It's books like this that make people who enjoy/participate in BDSM out to be terrible, abusive people when they're not. It's books like this that make sexual acts of any nature other than "vanilla" out to be wrong and destructive and abusive while justifying the horrible treatment of women on the simple fact that "he's hot and rich so let's have him do whatever he wants".

description

“Keep those fucking legs open. And no talking. Unless you’re
Michelle
3.5 Cupcake Stars!
Kane and Ellie have been secretly fantasizing about each other for a year. Ellie thinks Kane never notices her. She couldn't be more wrong.
“The next time you want to get my attention. Bend over. Your tits are nice, but I’m more of an ass man.” -Kane
Ellie and Kane meet up at a party. Ellie had one thing on her mind entering the party. She was going to seduce Kane. The dress she wore did its job. She was right where she wanted to be. In Kane's arms and ready to go home with him
Heather
Nov 16, 2014 Heather rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Let me back up. I started reading it and was immediately worried that the writing style may be a bit light, almost like reading a teenage love story. So wrong. Repeat, I was so wrong! The story and writing picked up immediately and went from a cutesy read to a sizzling hot story in a matter of a few pages.

So I am not going to tell you too much about the story except to say it is a capture fantasy that sizzles. What I enjoyed is that it was dark without losing its erotic feel.
Jessica Fields
Nov 04, 2014 Jessica Fields rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!!! Now please understand I'm biased. I love dark erotica with dubious consent. BDSM isn't for everybody but the Master/slave relationship with a hint of something more kept me on edge. This is the first book I've reviewed on Goodreads and I read a lot. The ending left me spazzing for more, much more. The best thing about the story was how long the main characters really knew each other and lusted after one another before the story takes a turn. Really I thought Ellie was a wil ...more
Jennifer Finn
Oct 03, 2014 Jennifer Finn rated it it was amazing
HOLY FUCKING SHIT ! That ending ripped my heart out & took a dump on it ! I am hoping there is going to be another book. I don't want to give anything away so I'll give a brief description of this book. Ellie works as an assistant to an importer/exporter named Mark, his most important client is Kanye Roberts. Ellie has a huge crush on Kanye & makes it known to him when they are at the same party. Kanye also has a thing for Ellie but he has a secret dark life he doesn't want to involve he ...more
Monika
Jul 26, 2016 Monika rated it it was amazing
Powiem tak :
czy mnie porwała?:zdecydowanie TAK:)
czy spełniła moje oczekiwania?:o TAK
czy spowodowała to że z uporem maniaka sięgam po następną część?: O O O O O TAAAAAAAAAAAK:) ok tyle mojego pisania lecę dalej spędzać czas z ta jakże intrygująca parką;)
Samantha
Sep 15, 2015 Samantha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 disappointed stars! If the entire story read the way the first two chapters did this story would have been a home fucking run for me because I loved the first two chapters. I laughed and smirked. The story quickly fell apart for me when Kayne kidnaps Ellie. I mean, don't give the protection bull shit lie because it doesn't work for me, Kayne.

At the end of the book there's a moment of clarity and Kayne is shown for who he really is and I was slack jawed for a few minutes. I didn't expect tha
Breanna Mcfarlan
Sep 26, 2014 Breanna Mcfarlan rated it it was amazing
"I like you collared baby I like you naked I like you mine"
I'm not even sure where to start first I want to say thanks for letting me be one of the lucky ones who received this to read and give a honest review because it is honestly without a doubt one of the best books I have ever read. I hate to tell to much of the story and give anything away because the suspense and guessing what was going on was part of the wonderment of this book..
Sweet magic glitter in her heels Ellie works for Expo with
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
*ARC received from the author*
Intense read with refreshing twists. One of the best 'dark' reads of the year for me. I just...well, I hate cliffhangers!!! lol Cannot wait for the next installment!!! Five golden stars from me.
Grace
Sep 14, 2015 Grace rated it really liked it
3.5 smutty stars

When you read dark erotica/romance, you hae to be prepared for what you're getting into. Somehow, I never seem to fully prepare myself.

Based the situation and how drastically things change for Ellie, it was easy to feel sympathetic to her, a woman who never asked for this change in her life.

Other than the dark elements of this story, I wasn't prepared for the amount of sex scenes within it. That can be both a good and bad thing. On th plus side, if you are looking for some smut,
Claire Granger
description

FIVE sexy slave stars!

Ellie is a little obsessed with Kayne. She eyes him at work with his sexy business man persona and is completely smitten. She ends up at a party with him and is tickled to death that he seems to be into her too.

The next day, however, she awakens chained up, collared, and told that she is no longer free but is "owned" by Kayne.

So, we all know I love these types of stories. Here's why I loved this one:

-It's different. Yes, it's a lot of the same as many of the other slave
Tracey
Oct 14, 2014 Tracey rated it liked it
Well I don't know where to start with this book! I will say that there will be spoilers in this review so don't read any further if you don't want to know!

I've read lots of D/s, Master/slave, TPE relationship books and the thing with this one is, you never really got the sense that it was something the female character really wanted, or didn't know she wanted but really did. Even up to the end of the book it still felt like she was only obeying him because she was scared of the beating she'd get
M Never Books: Alternate POV 2 28 Aug 15, 2015 04:58AM
  • Slave World (Slave World, #1)
  • Forced Submission
  • Beyond Revenge (Ransom, #2)
  • We Were One Once (We Were One Once, #1)
  • The Sect (Wicked Trinity, #1)
  • The Bonus  (Zeta Cartel, #1)
  • Her Master's Courtesan (Masters, #1)
  • Roman (Roman, #1)
  • Twisted Rose (The Darkness Trilogy, #3)
  • Uncovering You 4: Retribution (Uncovering You, #4)
  • I Know What Love Is (I Know..., #1)
  • Deliverance for Amelia (Killer, #1)
  • Embers of Starlight
  • Irrevocable (Irrevocable, #1)
  • Make Me Yours Evermore (Pierced Hearts, #3)
  • Dirty Bad Savage (Dirty Bad, #2)
  • Wrenched (Hell's Bastard, #1)
  • Broken Illusions (His Agenda, #3)
M. NEVER RESIDES IN NEW York City. When she's not researching ways to tie up her characters in compromising positions, you can usually find her at the gym kicking the crap out of a punching bag, or eating at some new trendy restaurant.
She has a dependence on sushi and a fetish for boots. Fall is her favorite season.
She is surrounded by family and friends she wouldn't trade for the world and is a l
More about M. Never...

Decadence After Dark (6 books)
  • Claimed (Decadence After Dark, #2)
  • Ruined: A Decadence after Dark Epilogue (Decadence After Dark, #3)
  • Lie with Me (Decadence After Dark, #4)
  • Elicit
  • Naughty or Nice? (Decadence After Dark, #5.1)

“A certain kind of darkness is needed to see the stars.” 6 likes