Start by marking “Owned (Decadence after Dark, #1)” as Want to Read:
Owned (Decadence after Dark, #1)

Owned

(Decadence After Dark #1)

***Content Warning***
Owned is a dark erotic romance. Please pay close attention to the use of the words dark, erotic, and romance. It has intense sexual situations, a Master/slave relationship, mild abuse, and some violence. Reader discretion is advised.

"I like you collared, baby. I like you naked, I like you mine.”

Ellie Stevens has lusted over Kayne Roberts since he fi
Published September 29th 2014

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

Owned (Decadence after Dark, #1) by M. Never Claimed (Decadence After Dark, #2) by M. Never Ruined A Decadence after Dark Epilogue (Decadence After Dark, #3) by M. Never

BOOK 1 & 3 FREE! (10/11/2016)! Thanks Jess!

Book 1 of 3. Series complete.
FREE (10/11/2016): | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
Ellie Stevens has lusted over Kayne Roberts since he first walked into the import/export company she works for a little over a year ago. As Expo's most important client, Ellie has always kept a safe distance from the man with the majestic blue eyes - until temptation finally gets the better of her. Impulsively, Ellie invites Kayne to one of Expo's infamous company partie
La-Lionne
On the book's page it says that it's dark erotica and that there is mild abuse. Which is not accurate. The heroine is abducted and raped ever day for 3 weeks. I wouldn't call that "mild". Just want to put this out there.

The storyline was ok, nothing new really. What saved this book from being just another M/s story, was the writing. Which was pretty good. The whole background story was a bit weak. The ending was just another cliche. This book reminded me a lot of Escaping Paradise.

The reason I
Nazanin
Aug 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, dark, erotica-bdsm
3.5 Stars

Kayne is a client of the company Ellie works for. He has been obsessed with Ellie for over a year and when Ellie saw a chance to be with him, she took it. They both attended one of the company’s party and they both got out of there with each other but the next day Ellie wakes up in a locked cage. Something you should know about Kayne:

"I like to dominate. I want submission. I’ll tie you up and have my way with you until you beg me to stop."

Well, I really was enjoying the story but the se
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
5 #ILikeYouCollaredBaby stars ♥

“A certain kind of darkness is needed to see the stars.”

* * *
“I know I’ve said I want her obedience, and her submission, and her body, but what I want most of all is her mind. I want to cloud it, consume it, rule over it. Have her thoughts only be of me.”
- Kayne

* * *
“How am I supposed to survive like this? I feel empty. How am I supposed to live with no emotion? No love? As just someone’s pet? To be taken off its leash and played with.”
- Ellie

“Patience is a
Candace
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers looking for a "lighter/softer" romance with kidnapping/sexual slavery themes.
Having just completed this book, I find myself going back and forth over whether or not I liked it and just how I should rate it. I think I'll go with 3 1/2 stars. I definitely wasn't over the moon for this book, but I am still curious to see how things work out for Ellie and Kayne. Halfway through this book, I wouldn't have imagined I'd care one way or another about what the future had in store for these two. So, the fact that I want to know more says something. Right?

The story starts off with
Beverly
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This sexy little read was definitely more than I bargained for. I started thinking I was getting a sexy story and was so happy to learn it was more. Owned is a sexy story with heart and suspense.
Cassandra Caress
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 million brilliant stars! *** I thankfully received an ARC for an honest review ***

HOLY SHIT! WTF??? Am still totally in awe of this book. This book comes with a warning and you should read the dedication. Read it carefully and think twice before starting this book.
It really is dark and shocking and edgy and yet it was so hot and captivating. And there's no HEA - for now. (hopefully M. Never will continue the story)

I loved the changes of the POV. It gave the story so much depth and insight to
CeCe
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: borrowed, bdsm, amazon-own
3.5 Stars

There were some things I liked, others I did not.

(view spoiler)
~Merrideth Hawk ~Filthy Fahrenheit Book Blog~
My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4.25 Stars!! (I pushed it to 5-Stars even against my rules of having spelling & grammar errors)

‘A certain kind of darkness is needed to see the stars.’ ~Kayne, a quote written across his ribcage

A full-fledged captive romance novel with a twist!

collared

PROS:

🔥 - Love me a well thought out captive BDSM novel!

🔥 - Kayne = HOT ALPHA MALE!

🔥 - Even though it is a series, there is a twist at the end and I felt satisfied reading the entire novel and still looked forward to reading the next
'Q' aka CoCo
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Mmmm steamy and yet...

The hot factor in this book is insane. Kayne is deliciously dominant, and boy does he bring it in the bedroom. The book is mostly sex, but there's enough of a plot that you're interested in what's going on. It would've been a five star rating for me but for two things, and both happened at the very end. One: Kayne went all touchy feely crybaby--you're a Dom; act like it. Just because you fall in love does not mean you lose your balls. Two: I abhor loose ends. We don't reall
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
4.5 So Wrong, but So Right Stars!

For the awhile there I've been in such a book funk! So I wasn't expecting much when my friends recommended this to me. But oh boy was I was wrong. This story had everything I was looking for. Romance, intrigue, suspense, hot alpha male, steamy sex scenes, lovable heroine. I want to pause real life and devour this entire series!

This book is so much better when you go into blind. Kayne and Ellie's chemistry is so explosive it burns through the pages. The ending d
Lillie
Jul 07, 2015 rated it did not like it
Another shitty abusive erotica that pretty much vilifies BDSM. It's books like this that make people who enjoy/participate in BDSM out to be terrible, abusive people when they're not. It's books like this that make sexual acts of any nature other than "vanilla" out to be wrong and destructive and abusive while justifying the horrible treatment of women on the simple fact that "he's hot and rich so let's have him do whatever he wants".

description

“Keep those fucking legs open. And no talking. Unless you’re
The BookChick
Unfortunately, I am fairly ambiguous in my feelings about Owned. The story was neither good nor bad but somewhere in between. I had a few issues with the story that caused me not to thoroughly enjoy it. First, the story could use a rigorous edit because it contained more than a few (and could be overlooked) instances of dropped words or incorrect substitutions of a word (i.e. breath and breathe). The editing aside, I also had issues with the story itself. I will be the first to admit that I am n ...more
R.K. Ryde
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Giving this a 3.5 stars but I was torn. I wasn't sure if it should be a one or a five. This book was like a car accident that I just couldn't look away from.
Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*
I don't normally add books I have no intention of reading, but come on.

From the blurb:

I mean wow, I'm so glad someone is here to tell me how to read book synopses. I don't know what I would do without someone holding my hand and telling me which words to read. I never learned this mysterious skill in all my 30-odd years. THANK YOU SO MUCH. /s
Desirae (Dee)
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shit. I.just wow. I'm struggling for words after that. So this was me yesterday:
Self, we have a lot of books that need read before the beginning of October.
Selfie, you're right. Let's read Owned it sounds good.
Self, good call

After reading. Holy shitballs. That can't be the end. No. No. No. No. No. That can't. Wait, he's. What!! And Jett!! I just. Wait, what!?!? Why isn't the page turning. Why isn't there more. Whyyyyyyy? I need therapy after that book. No, no, I need to read that again.

Good g
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC received for review

That first sentence sucks you in...."I like you collared, baby. I like you naked, I like you mine.”

It was dark, but not as gritty and dirty as some I've read. I think because Kayne was already in love with Ellie before he took her. I was not expecting all that to go down with nasty Javier. Love a good suspense thrown into the mix. His BFF Jett was absolutely amazing. I want him to have a story.

Why did no one warn me there was a cliffy? I'm glad the rest of this series is
Ellen Gail
I frown. This shit's fucked-up.

Never was there ever a more accurate quote for a book.

I don't know how to think or feel. I am simultaneously disgusted and hate everyone, but at the same time I couldn't stop reading the fucking thing. Why does a book where everything / everyone is deplorable have to be so well written?
Michelle
3.5 Cupcake Stars!
Kane and Ellie have been secretly fantasizing about each other for a year. Ellie thinks Kane never notices her. She couldn't be more wrong.
“The next time you want to get my attention. Bend over. Your tits are nice, but I’m more of an ass man.” -Kane
Ellie and Kane meet up at a party. Ellie had one thing on her mind entering the party. She was going to seduce Kane. The dress she wore did its job. She was right where she wanted to be. In Kane's arms and ready to go home with him
Michelle
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it

The chemistry between Ellie and Kayne is off the charts when he’s in the conference room, but what about when she’s tied to his bed and unable to escape?

So I was pretty much sold with that open line in the blurb and Dark, Romance and oh, yeah Erotic.... I needed something a bit darker, more suspenseful and Owned delivered. But just like Kayne says, not everything is as it seems.

This was my first M. Never book and although I found some fault with reasons behind Kayne’s actions, I still really e
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Aug 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommended to ♆ BookAddict by: zoegrl
In a world where criminals know money is made when it is sanitized to appear as a legitimate business, there are always a few words people should know. Import/Export business generally denotes a criminal element especially if the people for the company don't share much about how they generate profit. Whenever I see import/export I think of recreational pharmaceutical, weapons and human trafficking. My how our society changes to make the impalpable sexy and mysterious. Drugs, guns and sexual slav ...more
Charlie
This was right up my street! Captive stories are my favourite kind of dark romance, my twisted brain just loves them. I wanted a smutty captive story and this one hit all my buttons, I'd definitely recommend.

Often with stories like these, the main character is too stupid to live and has no self preservation instinct at all. Thankfully Ellie was not like that, I really liked her. She struggled with her feelings throughout the book, she remained a fighter and sassy until the end yet she still sub
Laci
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

" A certain kind of darkness is needed to see the stars"

This quickly became one of my most favorite reads. I loved it.

I can't begin to put into words how much I enjoyed Kayne and Ellie, but I will say that this book was made for me. Truly there's not one thing I didn't love about this book.

I don't know why everyone is not reading it, but I feel this is a must read. I never rec books, but I'm telling you, I think your missing out if you past this by.
Fathima
Dec 15, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 stars ! The story wasn't something that we've never read before but I loved the authors writing style . The interactions between Jett and Kayne were hilarious . Their bond really unshakable . I also liked how Kayne and Ellie's relationship developed through out the story . It was interesting to say Ellie struggle with a tug of war about how she felt about the things that were happening to her . The ending was ..... Off to read book 2 .. enough said !
Andreea Elena
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Warning!
For those who suffer with heart, I honestly do not recommend 😬.A book that intrigued me. I wanted to quit the book at one point, but the author kept me so upset that I was curious about the fate of the female character. I guessed the end and I waited for it. I really did not want the male character so bad.
I want to continue with the second volume.
I recommend it only to those who are accustomed to reading such books because they are dealing with a rough subject.
Samantha
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 disappointed stars! If the entire story read the way the first two chapters did this story would have been a home fucking run for me because I loved the first two chapters. I laughed and smirked. The story quickly fell apart for me when Kayne kidnaps Ellie. I mean, don't give the protection bull shit lie because it doesn't work for me, Kayne.

At the end of the book there's a moment of clarity and Kayne is shown for who he really is and I was slack jawed for a few minutes. I didn't expect tha
Heather
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Let me back up. I started reading it and was immediately worried that the writing style may be a bit light, almost like reading a teenage love story. So wrong. Repeat, I was so wrong! The story and writing picked up immediately and went from a cutesy read to a sizzling hot story in a matter of a few pages.

So I am not going to tell you too much about the story except to say it is a capture fantasy that sizzles. What I enjoyed is that it was dark without losing its erotic feel.
Jessica Fields
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!!! Now please understand I'm biased. I love dark erotica with dubious consent. BDSM isn't for everybody but the Master/slave relationship with a hint of something more kept me on edge. This is the first book I've reviewed on Goodreads and I read a lot. The ending left me spazzing for more, much more. The best thing about the story was how long the main characters really knew each other and lusted after one another before the story takes a turn. Really I thought Ellie was a wil ...more
Jennifer Finn
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
HOLY FUCKING SHIT ! That ending ripped my heart out & took a dump on it ! I am hoping there is going to be another book. I don't want to give anything away so I'll give a brief description of this book. Ellie works as an assistant to an importer/exporter named Mark, his most important client is Kanye Roberts. Ellie has a huge crush on Kanye & makes it known to him when they are at the same party. Kanye also has a thing for Ellie but he has a secret dark life he doesn't want to involve he ...more
hokey-pokey
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Powiem tak :
czy mnie porwała?:zdecydowanie TAK:)
czy spełniła moje oczekiwania?:o TAK
czy spowodowała to że z uporem maniaka sięgam po następną część?: O O O O O TAAAAAAAAAAAK:) ok tyle mojego pisania lecę dalej spędzać czas z ta jakże intrygująca parką;)
M Never Books: Alternate POV 2 34 Aug 15, 2015 04:58AM

• We Were One Once (We Were One Once, #1)
  • Forced Submission
  • Slave World (Slave World, #1)
  • Her Master's Courtesan (Masters, #1)
  • Beyond Revenge (Ransom, #2)
  • Embers of Starlight
  • Roman (Roman, #1)
  • Surrender (Devine #1)
  • Retribution (Uncovering You #4)
  • Irrevocable (Irrevocable, #1)
  • The Good Girl
  • I Know What Love Is (I Know..., #1)
  • Nomad (Lucifer's Legion Motorcycle Club #2)
  • Consumed (Keeping her in the Dark, #2)
  • The Sect (Wicked Trinity, #1)
  • Take Me, Break Me (Pierced Hearts, #1)
  • Deliverance for Amelia (Killer, #1)
M. NEVER RESIDES IN NEW York City. When she's not researching ways to tie up her characters in compromising positions, you can usually find her at the gym kicking the crap out of a punching bag, or eating at some new trendy restaurant.
She has a dependence on sushi and a fetish for boots. Fall is her favorite season.
She is surrounded by family and friends she wouldn't trade for the world and is a l

Decadence After Dark (5 books)
  • Claimed (Decadence After Dark, #2)
  • Ruined (Decadence After Dark, #3)
  • Lie with Me (Decadence After Dark, #4)
  • Elicit (Decadence After Dark, #5)
“A certain kind of darkness is needed to see the stars.” 9 likes