Start by marking “A Slow Burn: A Post-Apocalyptic Horror” as Want to Read:
A Slow Burn: A Post-Apocalyptic Horror

Read Book

A Slow Burn: A Post-Apocalyptic Horror

It wasn’t the first time Bernie had woken up in a stranger's house with a sore head, although it'd been a while. But the stench of rotting meat, an eerie silence, and the head wound were new. In search of illumination, she opens the curtains to find a post-apocalyptic world outside. Reason screams—those aren’t sleeping revellers at her feet… they’re clammy dead bodies.

Str
Kindle Edition, 1, 54 pages
Published October 30th 2014 by WordsinSync Publications

To ask other readers questions about A Slow Burn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Slow Burn

Start your review of A Slow Burn: A Post-Apocalyptic Horror
Papaphilly
I love shorter writing and I am finding a newfound love for independent authors. Every now and then I find a true gem among the indie stories. This is one of the best I have read in a very long time.

A Slow Burn: A Post-Apocalyptic Horror starts with a real chestnut of waking up after a hard night of having a good time and not knowing where you are or what happened the night before and then it jumps into the surreal. Shah Wharton walks the familiar territory of the world ending. However she take
Lexa Cain
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, reviewed
Bernie, a club promoter, wakes up under a stranger’s bed, injured, and with no memory of how she got there. Unfortunately for her, things only get worse from there as she starts finding dead bodies that were killed in horrible ways. She needs medical assistance, needs to find living people to help her, but most of all, she needs to piece together her missing memories.

“A Slow Burn” drew me in from the first page. I was so intrigued by the mystery and scared for Bernie that I zoomed through it in
Netanella
"My head thundered when I lifted it from a sticky, woolly surface."

"A Slow Burn" is excellent post-apoc storytelling in 50 pages. It starts with Bernie, a young woman who awakens to find herself face down on the carpet beneath a bed, dressed in a blue cocktail dress. All around her, in the room in which she awakens, is a bloodbath of violently killed people, blood and feces and gore and body parts strewn about. A large lump is on the back of her head. And as she navigates her surroundings, strug
Nils Visser
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After reading Shah Wharton’s A Slow Burn I felt like shouting “There’s gold in them thar hills!” I felt like a lucky prospector though truth be told all the credit is due to the author. Reading this novella was like opening Pandora’s Box. I was thrilled to be taken on a ride which shunted me between hope and despair and exposed me to gnawing anxiety, festering fear and fascinated revulsion.

Engulfed by horror at its best I wondered how the author accomplished this. For a more detailed in-depth r
Deb G.
Apr 04, 2016
Shah Wharton
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shah Wharton
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Saran
Mar 24, 2020
Michael Landfair
is currently reading it
Jun 26, 2020
Shah Wharton is a British freelancer and author of dark fiction.
BSc(Hons) Psychology (1999)
Masters in Creative Writing (2018)

Tweet: @shahw1

Please subscribe to her blog for up to the minute information, discounts and freebies - http://shahwharton.us4.list-manage.co... and do get in touch!

The Universal link to her Amazon author page: http://author.to/ShahWharton