Start by marking “Claiming Serenity (Seeking Serenity, #3)” as Want to Read:
Claiming Serenity (Seeking Serenity, #3)

Claiming Serenity

(Seeking Serenity #3)

She left glitter in his AC vents. He put green dye in her conditioner.

She buttered his bathroom floor, and he kidnapped her precious puppy.

Layla Mullens hates Donovan Donley. His crude language, his wide shoulders, his crystal blue eyes…she hates that she can’t stop herself…from kissing him or landing in his bed.

And Donovan Donley wants nothing more than to knock Layla off
ebook, 1st edition, 265 pages
Published December 20th 2014 by Eden Butler (first published December 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Claiming Serenity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claiming Serenity

Start your review of Claiming Serenity (Seeking Serenity, #3)
Geri Reads
Oct 03, 2014 marked it as abandoned-for-now
Can't wait for this one!

My Donovan!

My Layla!
✿kawehi.reviews
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via As the Pages Turn in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

description

“You’ll come back, Layla because no matter how much you try to deny that your body likes mine, I’m still the only one who gives you what you want.”

Claiming Serenity was an AMAZING read!! I’d only been recently introduced into the world of author Eden Butler, and I have to say, that she is completely rocking my world!! Definitely, one of my favorite hands down writers as of late!!

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Layla
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Layla and Donovan have spent a long time playing pranks on each other. They hate each other. Then one morning Layla wakes up in Donovan's bed naked. She's disgusted in herself and him for allowing it to happen but suddenly she's seeing him in a different light and feeling a strong attraction to him so after a few kisses, she falls into bed with him again (she finds something out that was no surprise to me as a reader!). After that, they decide that they will just be f-buddies! She tells him she ...more
Sarah L
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
If you've read any of the other books in this Series then you may remember Donovan and Layla and their epic prank wars. Stolen dogs and glittery explosions in the car ring a bell?

In Claiming Serenity, Donovan and Layla begin a friends-with-benefits kind of relationship. They still hate one another, but they can do that while making each other feel good … right? But of course sex complicates things. Feelings start to develop, emotions get in the way, and then what was supposed to be an easy arran
Joann
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
That's it- Eden has done it. She has officially bested herself with me. Claiming Serenity is BY FAR, my most favorite of all of her works!! I have faithfully followed this amazing series since day one, and was anticipating no one's story, more than Donovan and Layla. Because, I knew. I knew that once it was out there- it was going to be explosive. Dynamic. Complete and utter wonderment. I was not wrong.

This book- oh holy crap. The chemistry, the hate, but most of all- the love. It blew me away.
Alex
Loved the book,just as I've loved the rest of the series and Eden's Thin Love series. Definitely deserves 5 stars. I did however want to bash Donovan and Layla's heads together on more than one occasion.
FMR Book Grind
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
FIDAH'S REVIEW:
RATING: 5 STARS

Claiming Serenity is the third book in the Seeking Serenity series. The book can be read as a standalone but you will be spoiled for the previous books. Personally, I read this book without reading the others in the series and it wasn’t hard or confusing to follow.

Moon Love
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've been eagerly looking forward to reading Donovan and Layla's story since the moment I first met them in Chasing Serenity. My anticipation only increased with each subsequent story in the Seeking Serenity series, until it was at fever pitch. I wanted there to be lots of pranks, romantic tension, and hidden tender moments between Layla and Donovan, and I got all I wanted and so much more.

I loved seeing Layla and Donovan spar; their chemistry was incendiary. I was so surprised by what they were
Mary  Sanchez Cortez
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I will admit I have had Eden Butler book sitting on my kindle. But I have not got around to reading them and now I am kicking myself because I have not. I glad I read Layla and Donovan book first now I get to go back and read about all the couples I meet in their book.

That being said they saying there a fine line between love and hate in this book with Layla and Donovan story there nothing more true.

Layla is in the senior year of college and Donavan the Demon as she puts his as been her arch ne
Erica
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it

Donovan the Demon to Donovan the Dream.

Okay at times I wanted to throat punch Donovan and backhand Layla.
They were just being too ignorant for their own good. It took a major incident to make them see the light. And I'm soooooo glad Donovan was man enough to put his foot down.
I loved getting Donovan's POV and seeing his feelings change and how he accepts the changes.
It's hard to explain without spoiling anything but I don't do spoilers, just know Claiming Serenity is another amazing st
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-favorites
Donovan and Layla have been playing pranks on each other for years. They tell each other and their friends they can't stand each other. But when Layla breaks it off with her casual boyfriend Walter, it's Donovan that provides the comfort when Layla gets drunk and she ends up in his bed.

Together they craft a "no strings" agreement. Enemies during the day, lovers at night, no feelings or emotions required. No telling their friends because it isn't a relationship, it's just sex. Yeah, right. That s
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Nichole's Sizzling Reviews

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

Sizling Pages on TSU

Twitter:@Sizzlingpages

Email: sizzlingpages@gmail.com

Eden Butler really knows how to take my emotions on a mind boggling adventure. From humor to anger and passion to wonder she brings feelings to the surface so vividly that you can almost see them shimmer in the air.

I would pick up my Kindle and lose myself in the catastrophic whirlwind that was Donovan and Layla and get so frustrated t
Rebecca
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Serene is not the word that comes to mind when describing the relationship that Layla and Donovan have in Eden Butler's newest release Claiming Serenity.

Volatile...Angst-ridden...Tormented...Loathsome are much closer defining characteristics to what make them arch enemies.

So how do Layla and Donovan go from mortal foes to "enemies with benefits"?

An undeniable attraction that scorches the sheets and threatens to consume them even during the day hours when they're supposed to hate and persecute ea
Mikki _At_A Bookish Escape
I have been waiting for this book since the moment I met Layla and Donovan at the beginning of this series. Their pranks, and the love/hate relationship that these two share is simply ADDICTIVE! Whenever these two were in a scene you could feel their chemistry. I am so happy the author wrote their story!

Layla and Donovan have been enemies since a very young age. I knew going into this book that their journey was going to be intense and passionate. When these two decided to change their status fr
Kim
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

Eden Butler is another of my favorite new-to-me authors from 2017. I'm so thankful one of my bookish besties highly recommended the Seeking Serenity series to me. I've stopped myself from bingeing them all back-to-back-to-back just so I can savor each story a little more. I've loved each of the books in this series so far and Claiming Serenity is no exception.

Layla and Donovan hate each other. Allegedly. They're constantly pulling (some really
Fidah
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The book follows Layla Mullens and Donovan Donley whom knew each other since they were young due to their fathers. However, they don’t get along with each other. They’ve disliked and pranked each other for years. It wasn’t until one in
EndlessReading
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it

SWOON!
Firstly I want to thank both Eden & Ing for kindly providing me with a copy of Seeking Serenity to read and review for the blog tour.
I've been following this series from the begging where it all started with Autumn & Declan...

BUT here we have pranksters Layla & Donovan's story....and it's a feisty one at that
It would seem these two have been mortal enemies since their pre-teens, but you know how the saying goes: "Treat 'em mean, Keep 'em keen"

If only he could stay away from her…the coa
Tracie Payne
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was ok
Well this was a disappointment. It was described as love hate. And well, all I felt was hate. Layla was just such a bitch. There was nothing soft about her. I can't imagine any man wanting to be around her, all that came out of her mouth was venom. "You're stupid, I hate you, you're disgusting". Seriously? Donovan wasn't much better, but at least his inner thoughts you could see he had feelings for her. But did he talk to her? No. That would have been the grown up thing to do. So on and on it we ...more
The Book Fairy Reviews
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You know that saying there is a fine line between love and hate? Well this is the best example of that saying. Layla and Donovan have been going at each other since they were kids growing up. Pranking and bullying was nothing to these two, yet their friends knew what was really happening with them. Yeah they really loved to get each other! This book is the culmination of that attraction, layered with years of insecurities and deep, deep scars. Donovan knows that he wants her but he also knows he ...more
Catherine
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Prank enemies since Jr high the last thing Layla ever expected was to wake up in Donovan's bed, but that's exactly where she found her self. Unable to remember much of anything and trying to forget what she could, she can't believe that he won't let it go. When it finally combust hey make the plan of no strings bed play. Too bad neither seem to be able to stick to that or that they each think the other is. When an unexpected little surprise comes their way emotions run high despite their trying ...more
Liz
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-hate, college, irish
This is the story of Layla and Donovan who grew up in Cavanagh as family friends and due to some mysterious reason this morphed into hatred between the families and a prankster-type relationship since middle school.

I found this nothing like the first 2 books in the series. This is a pretty deep (for this genre, anyway) exploration of how each feels about their relationship, and each other. There's no suspense here, really. Also, the friends' relationship takes a back seat here for the intensity
She Hearts Books
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Layla and Donovan have been pulling pranks on each other for years. They dislike each other very much. Then one morning Layla wakes up in his bed and everything changes for them. They can't resist the sizzling chemistry they share anymore and agree to be enemies with benefits. The whole fans are gonna cool them down kind of benefits. There were some times that I definitely wanted to give them both a shake or two. Their relationship was like that of grade school kids who acted out rather than dis ...more
Helen Dempsey
Frustrating

Where will I start?
When I got have way I had to take a break and comprehend what was happening.
There was a lot of going back and fort with mixed emotions
I experienced an amazing friendship bond in the book and emotional death of a young girls.
What I didn't like
was that at the start of the book they were happy with having non emotional casual sex until it took a baby to realise what they may lose at the end.
I found Layla to be a very self-absorbed, angry but I also seen a very ma
Judy
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Eden's Serenity series and believe that the stories get better and better as these characters evolve. Claiming focuses on Donavan and Layla. Their story, of course, started in Chasing Serenity, where the characters are first introduced. Their love/hate relationship is full of "feels"...I laughed, I cried, I enjoyed their journey discovering their true feelings. I gave it 5 stars. Looking forward to Sayo's story as Eden finishes this debut series.
Melissa
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great read from Mrs. Butler. I am loving this rugby playing group. I also love that we got more Declan. Not much but just a taste of him and his delicious accent. Yum! The love/hate dynamic between Donovan and Layla was hot. Especially when it translated to passion on the page. Yowza! I hope the hint we got means Quinn and Sayo will get their story told next?! I hope so! 4.5 stars!!! $!!
Joanna
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well, this book had me sucked in from the beginning! I could not have predicted how this book was going to end. Layla and Donovan have a very interesting and crazy relationship. I read this book in two days. Great, great, great third book!
Holly
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
I did not think that the charmer that is Donovan would have made me cry as much as he did. I want one for myself! Such an amazing book. Totally worth the wait!
Marissa
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh another great book by Eden. Another round of enemies to lovers that she does so well. Plus, we get to see our favorite Irish rugby player.
Becky Mouton
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved loved loved this one!!! awesome story line.
Marion Croslydon
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
And another winner by Eden Butler.

• Bishop (Arizona Vengeance, #1)
  • Let Me Fall (Let Me, #5)
  • Alpha (Alpha, #1)
  • Survival of the Richest (The Trust Fund Duet, #1)
  • Trust Fund (The Trust Fund Duet, #0.5)
  • Pipe Dreams (Brooklyn Bruisers, #3)
  • Stealing Parker
  • #Selfie (Hashtag, #4)
  • Advice from a Jilted Bride (The Baileys #2)
  • Bought by the Boss
  • #Bae (Hashtag, #7)
  • How to Lose a Fiancé
  • Breaking the Rules (Inked Hearts, #5)
  • Lessons from a One-Night Stand (The Baileys, #1)
  • #Hater (Hashtag, #2)
  • Underneath It All (The Walshes, #1)
  • #Player (Hashtag, #3)
  • Summer Angel (Northstar Angels, #2)
Eden Butler Eden Butler is a writer of contemporary, fantasy and romantic suspense novels and the nine-times great-granddaughter of an honest-to-God English pirate. This could explain her affinity for rule breaking and rum.

When she's not writing or wondering about her possibly Jack Sparrowesque ancestor, Eden patiently waits for her Hogwarts letter, reads, and spends too much time in her garden p

Seeking Serenity (4 books)
  • Chasing Serenity (Seeking Serenity, #1)
  • Finding Serenity (Seeking Serenity, #2)
  • Catching Serenity (Seeking Serenity, #4)