Start by marking “Hunting Season (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #4)” as Want to Read:
Hunting Season (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #4)

Hunting Season (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress #4)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  3,133 Ratings  ·  147 Reviews
The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. Nothing more...

Demon hounds. Celtic legends coming to life. Angry druids. Just what gamer and sorceress Jade Crow needs to help her days feel complete. All her hits will have to be crits to get out of this one as enemies and friends collide and the lines between the two blur.
Published December 9th 2014 by Doomed Muse Press (first published December 2nd 2014)

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Actual rating: 4.5 stars

And it keeps getting better. More action. More crazy magic. More blood-and-gore-yay! More weird creatures. More heart-eating. More everything. Added bonus? As this series keeps getting cooler, my reviews keep getting shorter.

So. Let's do this quickly. This book? Take ALL the awesomeness of ALL the previous instalments, and add:

(view spoiler)Uuuuuuniiiiiiiiiiiiiicooooooorrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnns!!!! (view spoiler)
Booknut
'"We fight with what we have," he murmured. "Not what we wish to have."

"Okay, Obi-Wan." I nipped his chin and settled into his arms.

"I am not quoting Star Wars," he said, glaring down at me in mock annoyance.
"No, but you sound wise for your years."

"Protect you, I will," he said. "Love you, I do."
'
Alek and Jade are officially one of the cutest couples ever.

If you don't know what it's like to ship a powerful sorceress, and a guy who can shift into a tiger, together...I just can't describe it. No
Soulfire
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So happy with this series. I love all the gaming and pop culture references, even though I don’t always get them. I love the magic and world that’s been created. I love the characters, major and minor. I’m so happy I found these books.

Hunting Season progressed the over arching story of the evil ex-boyfriend sorcerer Samir by a lot, but it still had its own story that was the normal fast paced, butt kicking, magic filled adventure.

The only negative I had was that since it’s been a little while si
Marguerite (Lady RH) ❀
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rating : 4 stars

(view spoiler)
HASHTAG UNICORN
✓ So many The Last Unicorn's references
✓ UNICORN UNICORN UNICORN
✓ Brie the cupcakes goddess
✓ Ultra badass Jade and her mega awesome language skill (hashtag so jealous).
✓ If i was a vampire I would totally be an archivist too.
✓ Unicorns plural.
✓ It's fucking too short.
✓ I don't have the next books yet.
She totally pwned those witch bitches. Or bitchy witches, that also works.
Shera (Book Whispers)
First off I am disappointed in Tess's role. Okay, so her role was pretty epic and moving. The issue was that Tess was everything and more than what I hoped she could have been. I get her role in Jade's hero's journey, but still. I love Tess.

Another thing is the ugly truth is out. Jade isn't really a comic book owner, she's a translator. Ha-ha. Okay so she's both, but I loved how she grudgingly admits it at the start. It's also fun that her supernatural gift is used to make a living so mundanely
Debbie Gascoyne
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
At last. I've been kind of cruising along with this series - liked it enough to want to know what happened, and they're easy enough reads that I'm not investing a lot of time in any one of them. I like the pop-culture references, but do wish that she didn't find it necessary to tell us that the romantic hero smells of vanilla and musk every time there is an embrace.

That said - this latest in the series finally kicked in for me! Maybe part of the problem has been that each novella is so short tha
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jade Crow is doing her best not to think of Samir and the games he plays but it's hard. Jade just wants to protect her friends and allies from harm. When a creature appears out of legend Jade is asked to heal it. Too many coincidences are occurring around Jade for her liking. Someone or something is disturbing the forest near her home. Will Jade trust her instincts? Is she ready for Samir? Your answers await you in Hunting Season.

This series keeps getting better and better. I love watching Jade'
Tami
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nice book, but still something's missing. I liked it - as I liked the other books in the series, too - but also like the others, it somehow felt insubstantial. Like they are too short.
They all felt more like novellas than novels.
The story gets a little stretched and the characters are much stronger than the plot.

Lisa Flowers
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good book.

It's not literary brilliance, but it's a good, engaging fast read with a good dose of humor. Jim Butcher and Patricia Briggs were the same once, so I call this a promising young artist that I plan to keep reading.
Jolie Vines
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jade and Alek are just getting down to business after Jade rids her comic book store of a plague of cockroaches sent by the witches, when there comes a knock at the door. Seriously Jade, go stay somewhere else every now and again. Get some down time and snuggle with your big hunk of tiger man. Lord knows I’d read a novella on that alone. Anyhow, I digress. The visitor needs help with a badly injured unicorn, and our favourite sorceress can’t say no.

This is the fourth in the UF series I’ve been e
Colleen
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I appreciate that Jade Crow gets wiser and stronger with each story. Another good addition to the series; this book may have been the best yet.
Margaret Fisk
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Originally posted on Tales to Tide You Over
Once again, we have a full and complete story with interesting reveals, but unlike the previous ones in The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, the toying is coming to an end. This book (book 4) is not a sideways effort by Samir, or at least not as sideways as the previous ones. The teaser in the back of Pack of Lies comes to its full nature in Hunting Season, offering new moral questions for Jade to face along with those raised by living in her community openly, a
Anniken Haga
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Listened to this as an audiobook

Oh, things are going down!
And we got druids and nature magick. I love it!

Not much else to say about this that I haven't already said about the series.
Well written, short and fast listen's.
Also, as said, things are going down! I need the next book in the series NOW!
Christine Jeffers busser
I wish it would have been longer! Nice addition to the plot and a good story. The ending was great and I can't wait for the next book.

I LOVE that the author did not rehash the old books. While I did have to recall some of what was going on when previous references were made, I much prefer this style to having the earlier books retold to me.
Ron MacQuarrie
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Every step more sure than the last

Annie seems more comfortable with Jade with each new story, and Jade is becoming one of the best characters in Fantasy. Excellent story. I can't wait for the next.
Tia
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Things are Heating Up

Excellent follow-up to the series. Jade is in the thick of it again. She intelligently follows her intuition and sets wrongs right at a detriment to herself. Honorable, smart and fantastic characters.
Richard Fish
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good story

This is a great follow up in the series. This tale that's told is exciting and helps the reader get involved with the cast in the story making things that happen keep you going on until the end.
Bookmom
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this story and am enjoying the entire series. The combination of the different, shall we say specie types, as well as mythology, the characters and the situations make for a very fast-paced, interesting read. Wish the story had been longer.
Whitney Bunker
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Dragonball z reference! Firefly fan girl I love the nerdiness of this book!
Delitealex
Another great installment in the twenty sided sorceress series. I loved the action. I also love the nerdy and video game references. My favorite characters are Jade and Harper.
Ioan Camillus
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
KAMEHAMEHA!!! Hehehe Loved this book, love the series Can't wait for the next one....
Elizabeth
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yaaaassss. Queen. Slay all day. This series keeps getting better and better. Jade Crow is just killing it. (pun intended)

This book has more of all the fun stuff. More magic, more gore, more action and definitely more backstory. We are learning a bit about her past and that maybe

'"We fight with what we have," he murmured. "Not what we wish to have.
"Okay, Obi-Wan." I nipped his chin and settled into his arms.
"I am not quoting Star Wars," he said, glaring down at me in mock annoyance.
"No, but you s
*flora*
Another Action Packed Installment In This Amazing Urban Fantasy Series

I am a great fan of not only this series but of Ms Bellet's writing style. This is the 4th book in the series which should be read in order to understand the background plot.

The plot in this book develops at a good pace and I love the balance between tense fight scenes, the mystery/thriller element and the relationship growth between our heroine, Jade Crow, and her friends (both old and new) and her yummy boyfriend, Alek. But
Diana Gagliardi
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bring it on!

I had forgotten how complicated Jade Crow's life was until I read Hunting Season. As a sorceress of undetermined power she protects her friends with everything she has within her. An evil sorcerer after her heart, an unexpected ally, and a coven of pesky wannabe witches are just a few roadblocks in this chapter of her journey. With a druid, a goddess, wolf guardian, a leprechaun, and friends they save a unicorn and the forest but just create a calm before the upcoming showdown. Join
Lynn Z
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the continuation of Jade's sorceress life. It took me a few minutes to remember the characters, because I hadn't listened to the previous book in a while. But, with a little concentration I figured most of them out. Some of the previous books antics were referenced in this book, so I had to really think back. This story and Jade's relationship with Alek were very exciting. Had trouble putting this book down, as all the others in this series. The narrator did a great job with the ...more
HeyT
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I can see why the first four installments of this series were bundled into a title called Level Grind. I liked this installment because we see more movement in the overarching plot line and not just the mystery of the week. I found Samir's apprentices to be intriguing because they are after all in the same position that Jade was at one time. I appreciate the fact that Jade is still struggling with what it means to be a sorceress and the choices she has to make to survive the threat of Samir.
Karen
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series, I really enjoy a character that grows from book to book and boy does Jade Crow grow, I'm in such a dilemma now though I've listened to the first four books on Audible, do I continue reading the rest of the series or wait until the others come out on Audible, once I start a series on Audible I usually follow through with it to the end because it takes something away when I read it, oh well if this is my only problem in life right :)
Greyscotty
Not as good as the first three. The basic story was Okay I guess but the continual "side trips" into the worlds of movies & TV were just too distracting for such a short novel. Lines from "Star Trek," "The Wizard of Oz," "Star Wars" and the like make me wonder who exactly is writing this series. Add to that the references to "Firefly" & "Farscape" and my curiosity is reinforced even more. I will, however, and as usual stick with it and hope it gets back to its original premise.
Chris Mcgraw
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really like this series, and this story!

Love the melding of different myths and legends! This touches the Irish blood in me.
The writing flows well and the story and it's continued tale draws me on.
The story holds your attention and draws you in. If you are contemplating reading this one I recommend going back and reading the earlier books in the series first. However if you opt to just read this one first it is still a good story on its own.
Shawna Kissell
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved it!

Annie Bellet can really do some awesome plotting and pacing. I am eagerly looking forward to the next book. I love the relationship between Jade and Alek, Harper and the twins. Its like a gaming group made real, with all of the camaraderie and in jokes. My favorite line was when they got the possibly evil sorcerer recovering in their house hooked on Firefly without telling her there was only 1 season. What punishment!
  • Frost & Bothered (Discord Jones #4)
  • Stitched (Rylee Adamson, #8.5)
  • Wicked Misery (Miss Misery, #1)
  • Darkness Clashes (The Sensor, #4)
  • Darkness Descends: A Skye Faden Novel
  • Ties That Bind (The Spire Chronicles, #2)
  • Poison Fruit (Agent of Hel, #3)
  • Dead Vampires Don't Date (Kate Storm, #1)
  • Shadow's Bane (Dorina Basarab, #4)
  • Spellfinder (Cassidy Edwards, #2)
  • Box Office Poison (Linnet Ellery, #2)
  • Blood Magic (Dragon Born Alexandria, #2)
  • Semi-Charmed (Harper Hall Investigations, #1)
  • Sinister Seraphim of Mine (Overworld Chronicles, #8)
  • One Wilde Night (Immortal Vegas, #0.5)
  • The Children of the Sun (II AM Trilogy, #3)
  • Familiar
Annie Bellet is a full-time speculative fiction writer. She holds a BA in English and a BA in Medieval Studies and thus can speak a smattering of useful languages such as Anglo-Saxon and Medieval Welsh.

Her books include Avarice (Pyrrh Considerable Crimes Division: Book 1), The Gryphonpike Chronicles series, and the Twenty-Sided Sorceress series.

Her interests besides writing include rock climbing,
More about Annie Bellet

The Twenty-Sided Sorceress (8 books)
  • Justice Calling (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #1)
  • Murder of Crows (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #2)
  • Pack of Lies (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress #3)
  • Heartache (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress #5)
  • Thicker Than Blood (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress #6)
  • Magic to the Bone (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #7)
  • Dungeon Crawl (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress, #8)
“I guess I have some kind of faith. I believe the universe is vast and that there are many things I don't understand.” 1 likes
“You guys been up all night?” I said. “We were worried about you guys,” Levi said. “So we started watching Firefly,” Ezee said, with a shrug. “Next thing we knew, it was morning,” Levi finished. “You are just in time though,” Tess said. “We finished the first season, but we haven’t started season two yet.” “Season two?” I said, raising an eyebrow at the twins. “You didn’t warn her?” “We didn’t have the heart,” 1 likes