Start by marking “Peace & Goodwill (Minstrel #4)” as Want to Read:
Peace & Goodwill (Minstrel #4)

Peace & Goodwill

(Minstrel #4)

*This is a Christmas Novella - approximately 79 pages.
**Peace & Goodwill is set in The Minstrel Series world, but can be read alone.

Belle gets the best Christmas present ever, a man in uniform! Ian is a soldier home on leave. Neither of them have any idea how good it will feel to fall in love or how hard it will be to say good-bye.

Anna is spending the holidays alone agai
Published November 17th 2014 by ESB Publishing (first published November 9th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Peace & Goodwill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peace & Goodwill

Start your review of Peace & Goodwill (Minstrel #4)
Melanie
I've loved this entire series and have been excited to read this Christmas novella! Lee Strauss has become one of my favorite authors and I have enjoyed every story of hers that I've read. This story did not disappoint!

This is a story of two women. Belle works in a used book store and meets a soldier named Ian Connor who sweeps her off her feet. He is perfect for her and things are going well until he reveals something to her. Anna is alone with her dog, Angel, for the holidays. She's finished c
Rosina
Nov 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a Christmas story and was very loosely based on The Matchstick Girl. Story is told in dual timelines. Story revolves around Anna and her dog Angel, and Belle. Never read this author before but will definitely look for more of her work. She is able to tell a story and get the reader immersed and feel the emotion.
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Two different stories are told in this novella. The chapters alternate between Belle and Anna's perspectives. Both stories are told as the Christmas holiday approaches. Both characters look forward to a lonely holiday without someone to share it with.

Belle's mother died three years earlier and she doesn't want to be a burden on anyone's family holiday celebrations. Her life takes a turn for the better when a soldier on leave stops by the used bookstore she works at to purchase a book. There is a
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Two young women with two different stories to tell. One of love and one of loss. But together it is one of hope. Hope for things to come and hope for peace…

When I first started PEACE & GOODWILL I was wondering how the two POVs would intersect and cross paths. I kept wondering the whole time how these two women would pull the story together. And in the end I was in tears. I honestly didn't see it coming. I was very pleased however with what Strauss had created and the story she had to share.

I ha
Emmy
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This Christmas Novella is a very quick read that leaves you in the Christmas spirit and takes you on a roller coaster of emotions. Belle is a young women living on her own with no family, she is dreading spending another Christmas alone, but when a young solider home on leave comes into the book store she works at, things will never be the same.

The book also tell's Anna's story, Anna is also all alone, dying of cancer with only her dog for a companion. She is trying to live in the moment enjoyin
Stacy
Dec 25, 2015 rated it liked it
I think this is very well written, with a good intermingling of stories, and lots of foreshadowing and hints. There is however, too much that is sad for me-although the ending is ultimately happy, it is a long hard road to get there.
Lesley
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
The heroine is down on her luck and terminally ill - this is not a story for the faint hearted even if the ending is upbeat. Having recently lost my mother it made me cry.
Sandra Passesno
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hold on to your hat ! Right to the end !

I give this book a 5 star rating - Hayley Higgings and Samantha Hawk are inspiring characters - as professional women durring that pre war time period....their determination does not shadow their feminism or vis a versa.....its exciting and informing at the same time. Loved it. Read and enjoy

Lisa
Dec 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not a jolly, fluffy Christmas book .. far from it. It is told from two different perspectives .. Belle and Anna. Both are struggling and alone in the run up to Christmas although Anna has her loyal dog Angel for company. This is a story of Love, loss, Cancer and new beginings. Although I found this book heavy going the ending was an unexpected surprise.
Teresa
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this down. A complete surprise ending. Loved it! ...more
Darlene
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
A timeless Christmas story told with alternating chapters by Anna and Belle. Amazing character development with a surprising twist. This novella is so beautiful I can only recommend reading it since I don't want to spoil anything. Have a box of tissues near! ...more
Elissa Mahler
An interesting tale, but it is a bit disjointed. The story seems to flow unevenly, and the characters don't seem to have linkage. ...more
Mary Byrnes
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this novella. Very interesting and uplifting. A great Christmas read.
wendy cullum
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I've enjoyed (and been annoyed) Lee Strauss's Ginger Gold's series. So when this came as a freebie for the season, I have it a go. It's okay, not bad or good.
If you want a popcorn book to for it
Felicia
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bittersweet and Beautiful!

This is not your typical Ho-Ho-Ho holiday piece. Sadness and pain greeted me almost from the beginning of this short read. Belle is a young woman all alone in the world and trying to avoid another holiday with her employer's family...and their pitying and less than tolerant glances. Anna is a bit older, destitute and terminally ill with only her faithful dog, Angel, at her side. My heart went out to both women. So much loss and missed opportunities. So much loneliness.
Kathleen
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Peace & Goodwill is a wonderful seasonal novella that will get you into the Christmas spirit. Author Lee Strauss weaves an inspirational tale of love, loss, hope, peace, and promise that will tug at the heartstrings and stir your soul.

Peace & Goodwill follows the story of two women who are both struggling through the Christmas season. For Belle loneliness turns to love when a soldier home on leave stops in at the used bookshop where she works and a mutual attraction develops. For Anna, living in
L_manning
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Christmas can be a difficult time for some. Belle and Anna are included in this. Belle is all alone since her mother died. Anna has her dog Angel and a death sentence looming over her head. Both ladies are struggling to find any good cheer in their lives. Things start to look up as Belle meets a handsome stranger. As things start to look up for Belle, Anna's situation turns even more desperate. Everything collides on Christmas Eve, and nothing will ever be the same for any of them.

This story is
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Oct 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-for-review
I love the Minstrel series. This one is just a novella so it's a lot shorter than the other books in the series and it's also set at Christmas making it the perfect quick read for the holiday season.

This book goes back and forth between Belle and Anna. Belle has a happy, new love Christmas going on while Anna is struggling to stay alive. This story is happy and heartbreaking all at the same time.

I was surprised at the ending and how the characters came together. It wasn't what I was expecting at
Heather Belleguelle
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've really enjoyed Lee Strauss' Minstrel series so I was excited to read this latest addition. I certainly wasn't disappointed.

There was no link to the other books in the series, but the story was told in the same warm, sweetly intense way. I found it to be a beautifully and cleverly written novella that really pulled on a whole range of emotions. The characters were well drawn, and I didn't want to put the book down until I'd finished reading. Like all the other books in the series, Peace & Go
Charlene
Sep 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I had not read the others in this series, but I enjoyed this book. The characters were interesting enough that I wanted to keep reading to see what happened next. I would recommend this book, though I may have to read the others to see what else happened.
Denise Jaden
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Christmas stories, love to sit down with a cup of hot chocolate on a cold or snowy day and melt away into a story filled with holiday warmth. This one contains Lee Strauss's usual engaging characters and romance. A quick and easy read! ...more
Eliza Jones
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book broke my heart in the best possible way! It has the cutest, most squee-worthy romance I've read in a long, long time and plenty of Christmas cheer! I read this in March and thoroughly enjoyed it - it doesn't have to be December for you to pick up this amazing novella. ...more
dorothy miller
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book.

Even though this was a short book, I loved it. It made me cry and it made me happy. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves to read.
Kimberly Westrope
Dec 29, 2015 rated it liked it
A heartwarming Christmas short story. This has a bit of romance, and much of the spirit of Christmas. It's a lovely story with endearing characters. I especially liked Belle. ...more
DeLena Haught
Jan 16, 2020
Georgie Jinks
Nov 04, 2015
a.
rated it did not like it
Oct 28, 2017
Padmini Ekbote
Jan 03, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Everything You Are
  • Angel (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #4)
  • High Force (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #5)
  • Heavenfield  (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #3)
  • The Case of the Faithful Frenchie (The Thousand Islands Doggy Inn Mysteries Book 6)
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
  • It Happened One Christmas
  • Claire's Christmas Dance: A Victorian Christmas Novelette
  • My Family and Other Animals (Corfu Trilogy, #1)
  • The Masterpiece
  • Skipping Christmas
  • Cottage by the Sea
  • Better Off Wed (Annabelle Archer, #1)
  • The Deal of a Lifetime
  • How to Catch an Elf
  • Deathly Ever After (Poison Ink Mysteries #5)
  • The Heart of the Garden
  • The Book Lovers (The Book Lovers, #1)
For fans of Golden Age who-dun-its ~ from a USA TODAY Bestselling author!

You'll adore Lady Gold from the acclaimed Ginger Gold Mysteries series, and the spin of series, Higgins & Hawke.

Look for the connected 1950s era ROSA REED MYSTERIES!

Sign up for Lee's newsletter and get EXCLUSIVE access to Ginger Gold's Journal AND a Rosa Reed prequel short story!

Minstrel (4 books)