Start by marking “All That Glitters (Geek Girl, #4)” as Want to Read:
All That Glitters (Geek Girl, #4)

All That Glitters

(Geek Girl #4)

My name is Harriet Manners, and I am still a geek.

Harriet Manners has high hopes for the new school year: she’s a Sixth Former now, and things are going to be different. But with Nat busy falling in love at college and Toby preoccupied with a Top Secret project, Harriet soon discovers that’s not necessarily a good thing…
Published February 26th 2015 by HarperCollins Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about All That Glitters, please sign up.
Book Addict! no ways!! im literally the geek girl #1 fan. I could read them over and over again. I swear if it was the end of the series I would probs actually…moreno ways!! im literally the geek girl #1 fan. I could read them over and over again. I swear if it was the end of the series I would probs actually cry. It is my life. Luckily she will be making heaps more, so no worries we will be able to see what happens and if all is good. Im so excited to read head over heals, and see if she gets back with Nick. But what if she gets together with Jasper? I guess its something we don't know. Amazing series tho. I could talk about it all day. (less)

Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: High-school, friends, fame, family, stars.

This is probably the least hilarious and most heart-breaking of these books.

Something in this one in particular just resonated with me, and I wanted to cry because I recognised my own past in these pages. Just without the modelling. Because high-school sucked.

I miss Lion Boy.
Zyra
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
ok at first this was a bit slow for me. but then the book was awesome as the others in the series.
Kylie
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wish-list
Of course I absolutely adored this book just like the rest of the series so far . I am really impressed. Also Harriet really annoyed me in this, why would she be friends with people that made her life a misery for 11 years ?. Why couldn’t see just understand that these people were only up her arse because she is a model .
Sophie
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Though this was not my favourite Geek Girl book (that title still goes to Picture Perfect), I absolutely loved it!
The events of All That Glitters follow those of Picture Perfect, meaning we have both a happy and a sad Harriet. The happiness, and somewhat nervousness, she felt towards starting sixth form was wholly relatable, as I had felt exactly the same nearly four years ago when I was in the same position. We see Harriet attempting, and succeeding, to some extent, in making new friends, thoug
Abi
Dec 30, 2014 rated it liked it
How is this series going to continue for 2 more books? My 3 star rating is mostly based on nostalgia and I like the author as a person but come on, how many books can you write with more or less the same plot, the same mistakes and the same endings?
Mehsi
I have decided on rating this one a 2 star in the end. I was thoroughly bored before halfway of this book and I hated the book after the halfway mark.

Mostly the problem was Harriet. Her antics and how she acts are funny/annoying in book one, haha/annoying in book two, so-so/annoying at book 3, and by book 4 I wasn't laughing because of her antics. I was more annoyed with her and wondered about her parents and how they raised her.

There is a fine line (for me) between social awkward and just bein
Amanda Garcia
Mar 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Why Holly Smale? Why do keep making Harriet such a dumb girl? (view spoiler)

So this was a nice book, in the same tone as the ones before it; it's a great fun read I truly recommend this if you want to relax and get into something light and fast pace. Clearly this is not a favorite, I do believe that the second book is the best one in the series but I enjoy this one.

I wont deny that the Nick part was hard given that one of the main reasons I
Maddie
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ukya
Originally at Heart Full Of Books

The fourth book in the Geek Girl series maintained the same level of humour and fun that the other three books in the series uphold! ‘All That Glitters’ took Harriet on a new adventure: being a Sixth Form student! (Such a nice change from the plethora of secondary school settings out there!)

Harriet’s venture into sixth form shouldn’t dissuade a younger reader from continuing the series – she’s still the same geeky, bubbly girl she was in secondary. Although, we w
Emily
Mar 01, 2015 rated it liked it
TOO MANY SPOILERS.

I was so excited when this book came out since the last book ended with Harriet and Nick splitting up. But I just didn't think this book was up to par. It definitely wasn't as funny as 1 and 2 or 3. I was bored by the story line as it was the same as all the other books where Harriet thought she was being annihilated but then it turns out her friends were just not speaking to her for her own good. You don't actually realise how immature Harriet is in comparison to her age. SHE
Kribu
I've loved the Geek Girl series since reading the first book. Even though I'm really not in the target audience, I have been a teenage girl myself, so it works for me on that level - obviously I've never been a supermodel, and neither have I ever been quite as, hmm, extreme as Harriet, but quite honestly, there are things about her that make me recognise myself in her.

I think that's both part of why I like her, and why I keep wincing while reading about her trials and tribulations.

Anyway - All T
Donna
**Possible spoilers from the first three books**

As soon as I finished Picture Perfect I started All that Glitters straight away. How could I not? With that ending I needed to read more but was it me or was this one just not as good as the other books? I’m still rating it 4 stars though because I still love Harriet but I just didn’t enjoy the plot of this story as much. It might be the fact that I’m still trying to deal with the fact that Harriet and Lion Boy are no more. I’m absolutely devastate
Inês Gueifão
I wish this series was a stand-alone instead because I feel like every new book that comes out is pretty much like the last one. Harriett doesn't seem quirky anymore -- she's just plain annoying, as all the characters honestly.
TS
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: poc-rep, 3-stars
2.75 stars!

This decreased in rating from its predecessors because I feel like the author should have just stopped at this book and given us the nice happy ending I'm sure we're going to get in book 6.

At this point, the characters feel overdone, the modelling opportunities repetitive, the plot predictable and the author has even been recycling her "fun facts" which is the whole premise of this series! Also, the nuances and dynamics between certain characters seemed so futile in this book; Natha
Chelsey Ellice
This one is probably my least favourite in the series so far. Still enjoyable though. I was kinda thinking that Lion Boy would come back at the end. Now I’m wondering if she will end up with someone else? Look forward to finding out in the next few books.
Lizzie
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the first three books in this series so when I received the email from NetGalley saying it was available I was ecstatic!

I think Harriet Manners is an extremely relatable character. I'm pretty sure most teenage girls aren't as clever as Harriet but I'm also pretty sure that most teenage girls have received that look of disgust from other teenage girls and have been taunted just because they're good at something. Harriet is an excellent role model figure for young girls who are c
Brittany
Although Nick was missed in this chapter, this was my favourite from the series; so far. Harriet is still naive but I guess I'd chalk that up to her always seeing the best in people. That being said, Harriet did a ton of growing in this book. She's still quirky and geeky but also turning into a young women. And I cannot wait to see where her antics and modeling go from here.
Nasty Lady MJ
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it
To see review with gif click here.

f we’re going to be honest about it, this series has gotten a bit pedantic (which seems to be the word of the week, FYI). The good thing is if you’re reading it with its publication schedule you’re not going to notice as much the repetition. The bad thing is if you’re an American who has gotten tired of waiting for these things to be released in the states and decided to just buy them at the Book Depository you’re not exactly going to binge on them as I was plan
Chibi Rikki
Growing up is hard. It’s even harder when you just don’t fit into the crowd.

I love Harriet because she reminds me of me in so many ways and she just... experiences things that I did. It’s like going back to 2006 and being in my final year of high school - yikes.

What those kids did to her was just brutal, yet not unexpected. It’s sad that there’s a reality to it. Always has been. Hey - she did get two new friends out of the deal. One whom saw her for who she was, despite having a less than flat
16HyltonT
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
All That Glitters Review on K-Books -> Goes live March 2, 2015

Please Note: Possible spoilers from the previous books in the series.

Harriet Manners is back with more hilarious antics from her Geeky and Modelling world... and I could not have been more excited. Geek Girl is fast becoming one of my favourite series so you can imagine my excitement when I saw this come up in my auto-approved Netgalley feed. I absolutely adore this series. I know this series is not for everyone but I for one ado
Mandy
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on BookWorm.

"If people are kind to you, Harriet, it's because you're kind to them. If people are there for you, it's because you are there for them."

Oh, I am sobbing like a baby. I did not expect this. Excuse me while I take a moment to compose myself *deep breaths*. Not gonna lie, I did not expect this to hurt quite this much.

I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but if you read Geek Girl #3, you know that the ending was absolutely heart-reanding. It hurt. So for some reason, I
Amrita Desmet
Oct 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: grade-8
Before I can even start talking about the book, I was really contemplating wether to give it 3 or 4 stars. Let's just begin with the good things about the book. 1) There was a really well transition from book 3 (Picture Perfect) to book 4, giving me an easy loop back into the main character's life. As soon as I was 10 pages into the book, I remembered just where I had left off and what had happened to the character since the last book. 2) I think this was the one book out of all four that really ...more
Flor Sostaito
i've decided that these books are hella long, for nothing.
This book could've been a 250 pages, but nope the author writes a lot of non interesting facts, to me they are not necessary to the story.
Anyways the books are light and dramatic, so yeah.
The characters are cool,and Harriet is annoying sometimes but she learns from her mistakes.
Robin Stevens
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I still absolutely love Holly's writing style - it's so breezy and accessible, while at the same time dealing smartly with issues like bullying and self-confidence. Harriet's latest adventure is sweet and heartfelt (and the way she feels about her new-found notoriety can be applied to a lot more situations than modelling), and I ate it up in just a few hours. More please?
Kyra (Blog of a Bookaholic)
OH, HARRIET. I LOVE HER SO MUCH. AND I LOVE TOBY AND NAT AND THE NEW CHARACTERS AND THIS BOOK MADE ME SO HAPPY BUT I'M ALSO CRYING AND AH, I LOVED IT SO MUCH.
Charlotte  Black
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Jeez. If ever there was a need for a giant box of tissues then this is the time.

I guess All That Glitters was expected. What I mean is, Harriet's spent a year modelling in Russia, Japan, New York. Sooner or later her face is going to be on billboards and perfume advert campaigns. Flyers. posters, youtube, and leaflets. Yes, Harriet is the face of a perfume campaign and she's everywhere. And now all her classmates see her as a model too.

Harriet is very clever but she's not very savvy. Her soc
Kristen
I'm glad that Harriet was a lot more mature in this one. This was more like it.
Jennifer Girard
I think it's my favorite in the series so far! Harriett learns a lot in this one! I love this series so much!!!
Lea (drumsofautumn)
I have to say this was probably my least favourite out of all the Geek Girl books so far but I still loved it. I just love Harriet and her friends and her modeling adventures and how easy and fast these books are! I cannot wait to continue!
16PrattI
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was the 4th book in the geek girl series. It has a really good message about being proud of who you are. I was glad that it has a happy ending, although I wish Harriet and nick would get back together! I would recommend this book to teens.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
YA Buddy Readers'...: All That Glitters (Geek Girl #4) by Holly Smale - Starting August 11th 2016 2 9 Aug 11, 2016 11:09AM
OMG!!! 5 22 Jul 04, 2015 02:30PM

• A Change Is Gonna Come
  • Lessons in Love (Girl Heart Boy, #4)
  • Killing You Softly (St Jude's Academy, #2)
  • Itchcraft (Itch, #3)
  • Girl in the Window
  • Mistletoe and Murder (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #5)
  • The World Forgot (Ever-Expanding Universe, #3)
  • One Italian Summer
  • Girls Can't Hit
  • Shipwrecked (Shipwrecked, #1)
  • The Deviants
  • Love Is in the Air
  • Elfenkönigin (Die Elfen #5)
  • All of the Above
  • Close Your Eyes
  • Mystery & Mayhem: Twelve Deliciously Intriguing Mysteries
  • Diary of a Parent Trainer
  • Trouble
Holly is the Number One bestselling, multi-award winning author of the GEEK GIRL series.

She fell in love with writing at five years old, when she realised that books didn't grow on trees like apples. A passion for travel, adventure and wearing no shoes has since led her all over the world: she has visited 27 countries, spent two years working as an English teacher in Japan, volunteered in Nepal,

Geek Girl (6 books)
  • Geek Girl (Geek Girl, #1)
  • Model Misfit (Geek Girl, #2)
  • Picture Perfect (Geek Girl, #3)
  • Head Over Heels (Geek Girl, #5)
  • Forever Geek (Geek Girl, #6)
“Because here's the thing about a book: when you pick up a story, you put down your own” 43 likes
“There's a humpback whale in the ocean that sings at fifty-two hertz: too low for any other whale to hear. Scientists aren't sure if it's a genetic anomaly, or a sole survivor of an extinct species, or just a whale who accidentally learnt the wrong song. They just know that it's probably the loneliest mammal on earth.” 5 likes