Start by marking “I Love You Through and Through” as Want to Read:
I Love You Through and Through

I Love You Through and Through

A rhyming story of unconditional love and adorable illustrations of a toddler and a teddy bear who declare "I love you through and through!"

I love your hair and eyes,
Your giggles and cries...

A toddler and his teddy bear illustrate a young child's happy side, sad side, silly side, mad side, and more! Babies and toddlers will feel loved all over when they hear this declarati
Board Book, 24 pages
Published January 1st 2005 by Cartwheel

To ask other readers questions about I Love You Through and Through, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love You Through and Through

Matt
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
A cute book all about little kids and how they are loved by those around them. Top side, bottom side, inside and out. It's a cute piece and Neo was able to catch the rhyming throughout, permitting him to guess at the last words to finish off the line. While we ought to be pushing through some real Level One readers, he grabbed these from the library and I did not want to pass them by. Fostering young readers each and every day!
Norma Wright
May 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book for toddlers is a favorite of my grandson, Rylan. We've been reading it (every night) since he was about 2. He's 5 now and still loves for me to read this book to him.

The book starts off: (Me reading to Rylan) "I love you through and through. I love your top side. I love your bottom side." (Rylan: Mimi, that's his butt. Do you love my butt?) (Me: Yes Rylan, I love your butt, too) (Me reading again): "I love your happy side." (Rylan: Mimi what about his teddy bear? Do you love it too?)
Jon(athan) Nakapalau
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great way to start the year - simple lesson of unconditional love.
Jen (Book Den)
Jan 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
I was shopping for some daycare gift exchanges (including a book exchange) at Toys 'R Us during Christmas. The cute cover and title made me pick it up and read it. By the end I was crying an embarrassing amount - right there in the aisle. So... I did the only thing I could do. I put it in my basket and bought it. You can't cry like that and then put the book back on the shelf. It's like leaving a piece of yourself in Toys 'R Us.

I tried reading it over and over to desensitize myself to it before
Sydney Funk
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-summaries
• I Love You Through and Through is a sweet book about a boy that is very loved. This poem is a very sweet and loving reminder to everyone how loved they are.
• Grade: Pre k- k
• This book would be a good read for a Pre- k class. This book could start a conversation about love during valentines.
• Individual students who may benefit from this book include students that miss their parents are not yet completely comfortable in the classroom yet. They could use some alone time with the teacher and
☕️Kimberly
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I Love You Through and Through is a delightful board book with beautiful illustrations by Caroline Jayne Church. The storyline is simple and perfect for new parents to read to their little ones. As the infant grows a game can be had of finding eyes, hair and ears. I liked how sturdy the book is and think this is a simple book that will help even non-readers begin the habit of reading to their little ones each night. This review was originally posted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer
Rossy
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
Sweet and adorable book! Unconditional love :')
I'll definitely read it to my baby when I have one <3
Sadia Mansoor
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
5 Stars without a doubt!

This is one immensely beautiful drawn book. ^_^
Here, have a look :)
Benni
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My son is 9.5 months, and of all the books we read, this and Goodnight Moon seem to be his favorites. He's very energetic and finds it hard to sit still and read. Immediately prior to this, we mostly had to read touch-and-feel books.

This book contains the perfect amount of words to capture and keep his attention before moving on. There's also a lot of room to improvise, such as touching his ears, nose, or toes or making giggling or crying noises.

He also really seems to love the illustrations, es
Lanica
Dec 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone with kids
My husband bought this book when I was in the hospital after giving birth to our twins. We've read it hundreds of times and loved it every time. It's a wonderful book to read to infants, toddlers and now preschoolers. I'm not sure we'll ever stop pulling this one out to share at bedtime.

I don't know how I overlooked adding this book for so long...but I highly recommend it to anyone with kids. It's also a perfect shower or baby gift. It has thick pages (but not board book/baby'ish) that won't tea
Tricia
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
Has been my baby girl's favorite book since she turned 1 and has helped her learn all the body parts in the book as well as some we've ad-libbed. She also loves to pretend cry and pretend laugh during the page on emotions and so that in and of itself makes this book the best. It really is such a sweet story for young toddlers.
Mariam
Jan 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
Its nice how it has lots of color pictures and my baby smiles when they read the book
Alyssa Miller
"I Love You Through and Through" is an excellent children's book. This book tells about children and all the wonderful aspects they have.

The characters in this book are a younger child and his teddy bear. They show everything the book is saying. When the book talks about giggling, the boy and his teddy bear are laughing.

This book takes place in the home of a boy and his bear during the younger years of his life. They go through almost all the rooms in the house throughout the day. Each room si
Renee
Jun 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children, illustrated
I love your hair and eyes,
Your giggles and cries...

A toddler and his teddy bear illustrate a young child's happy side, sad side, silly side, mad side, and more! My 2 year old son, Zachary, loves to read this book over and over and over... and I love listening.

As you can tell, we just love Caroline Jayne Church's loveable, huggable toddlers! These padded boards books are absolutely perfect for our 2 year old (How Do I Love You? Potty Time and You are My Sunshine are next on my list). And he has n
Sara
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this book to my class of 2year olds everyday, multiple times a day. My kids never get tired of it and I have started to memorize it. At the end of the book it says I love you through and through yesterday,today, and tomorrow too. When my kids are sad or hurt or just having a bad day, I say that line to them and they smile and hug me. Lots of little kids that spend a lot of time at day care need to be reminded that they are loved and loved a lot and I think that is why they like it so much ...more
Sammantha
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-books
My daughter loves this book as I did myself! It's the sweetest book ever. It tell of you loving your child through and through. Definitely a must read with the little one. Such a darling book! Happy Reading~
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
I received this book when I was pregnant with my first child. Both of my children loved this book and I had it memorized from reading it so often to them! The message is perfect and the illustrations are interesting. A "must have" for a child's library!
Kirstan
Feb 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
One of G's current favorites and given to us by a dear friend makes this book a winner!
Saralyn
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Love, love, love this book. Baby loves it, too.
Jamie
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Read to Cedar, she liked it. I approve of any book that tells kids they are loved no matter what.
Brittney Lemelle
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really love this book for my 2 yo girl- we read it at bedtime along with a few others ;)
Guangmin
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like the book because of the words, color, and the illustrations. The book is very simple and easy to understand when connect to the pictures. It talks about some opposite vocabularies and some words about parts of human body in sentences. It will help children to learn the concept and example words of opposite, even for toddlers, they can listen to the words and look at the pictures to comprehend. The whole family is full of love, which is very important for children to feel to be loved and s ...more
Chad Ryan
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Any picture book that gets me to tear up gets 5 stars.
Hannah Klumb
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet story and interesting.
Samantha Goff
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing, and I really like it. The reason I like this book it’s on a child level to the point that a teddy bear is showing affection to little boy in English in or Spanish. The pictures are very animated and just right for a beginner reader. This book represents diversity based on the language that it used both Spanish and English. I think young readers would love this book as well as learn from it.
Meg McGregor
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-to-lexi

Little ones will definitely feel loved all over when reading this book!

Little ones should really look at the teddy bear in each picture! He is just adorable!

Merged review:

Little ones will definitely feel loved all over when reading this book!

Read again on March 20, 2014.
Donald
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've read this little book ~100 times in the first 6 months of my daughter's life. It helps her wind down before naps and sleeping. After reading it so many times, I now have theories about it. For example, I insist that the narrator is the little bear (my wife disagrees).

In any case, an adorable book for babies.
Joyce
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I guess it's a symptom of parenthood that I'll start reading and rating more children's books from now on. This particular one is a classic, I think. It's cleverly about the unconditional love of a boy for his teddy, but is also about the same of a parent for his child. So sweet.
Wynn
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So much fun to read to a little one. Start each page with "I love your..." and point to fingers, toes, nose, etc. Made it a game. Fun.
Meg McGregor

• You Are My Sunshine
  • Llama Llama Nighty-Night
  • On the Night You Were Born
  • No No Yes Yes
  • Mirror Me!: A Mirror Book (Baby Einstein)
  • Duck & Goose Find A Pumpkin
  • Waddle!
  • Peek-a-Who?
  • Where Is Baby's Belly Button?
  • I Love You, Stinky Face
  • Ten Little Ladybugs
  • Tickle Monster
Bernadette Rossetti-Shustak is a former newspaper editor and journalist. She has worked for Housatonic Publications as co-editor of the Pawling News Chronicle, Pawling, NY, and Associate Editor for the weekly newspaper The Kent Good Times Dispatch, Kent, CT, Housatonic Home, and Business Digest magazines.

In 1995 she was the recipient of a New York Press Association's first place award for her humo