Start by marking “Yes, Mistress” as Want to Read:
Yes, Mistress

Yes, Mistress

Em Grayson had everything she wanted: the perfect life, the perfect job, nothing to hold her back. Or so she thought until she attended a BDSM convention in Las Vegas that turned her world upside down and had her questioning everything. Approached by an old friend about a business opportunity in Reno, she’s forced to look at her current situation and make life-altering dec ...more
Published October 1st 2014 (first published September 16th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Yes, Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yes, Mistress

Start your review of Yes, Mistress
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Three things:
1.) descriptive BDSM
2.) F/F (occasionally F/F/M)
3.) smut

At its finest, I may add. *lol*

It was a "pleasure". ;-P

P.S: Thanks for the recommendation, mo chroi! XD
Dee

Parts of this book were good, others were a bit of a train wreck. I love erotica, normally have no issue with BDSM; but all the marking, biting/bruising, claiming "Mine" Mommy play, fisting, DP, pegging, MF, FF, MFF scenes overwhelmed the story.

I've tagged this as taboo due to Violet's backstory of incest. I almost threw the towel in when I read this. "My dad came in my room, furious that I'd told mom. He was even more pissed that she'd told him that if he wanted to fuck me, he could j
Eva
Aug 14, 2015 rated it did not like it
I have a difficult relationship with BDSM stories. I have no experience whatsoever in this world, but I admit that I am curious about it, at least, up to a certain level. I feel highly detached from the parafernalia (leather, sexual clothing, collars, etc) and some of the language and attitudes (Mistress, Mommy, Kneeling, etc), but I do enjoy reading about the D/S dynamics and roleplaying.

When reading BDSM stories I usually find myself enthralled and envious of the extreme level of intimacy and
~♡AB♡~
Yeah, Ok I don't think FF is my thing. I still love this authors storytelling though so I'll be checking out her future works.

DNF @ 20%
Fae
Mar 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm, f-f, lgbt, lesbian, bisexual, f-f-m
The book is so spectacular at first, the scenes between Em and Violet totally enthralled me. It was so alluring, so sexy, and so hot.

Then near the end, it all came crashing down.
(view spoiler)
Rob
Oct 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: gifted-books
I like BDSM. I like lesbians. I like sex. This book was about a love that developed between two women within a BDSM relationship. What's not to like right?

Ah, I really don't know what it was about this book. I should have loved it but I didn't.

For the first time ever, I found myself skipping past the sexual encounters. There's only so much pussy licking and clit pinching I can read before I get bored and it gets tedious. The sex scenes were all a bit rinse and repeat for me.

I've decided I don't
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow this is a thoroughly enjoyable and oh so hot read.

I really don't want to say much more than the synopsis tells you. The synopsis gives you enough to tease yet this book is so much more. Love Em and Violet. These characters are wonderful.

This is a really hot book. Be warned its an f/f read with maybe a few m/f/m scenes:) It's a hot erotic bdsm story that I was glued to.
Thankfully this is a standalone with no cliffhanger. However there is a sequel that I really need to read as soon as possi
Ruthie Taylor
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

This is a really good read. It is a standalone which could definitely be expanded upon, as there are a group of interesting side characters (not so subtle request to Ms Cole!). I loved the pace, the tone, the people, the situation. It was neither sickly sweet, nor unduly harsh; the drama was not extreme, the caring and love developed and drew in both the characters and the reader. There was comedy in the form of Peanut; fa
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

Mistress M,(Em) is a professional Dominatrix who works in a BDSM club in Philly. When she attends a convention in Vegas she run into a friend that offers her an opportunity she can't pass up. When decides to move to Reno, she knows instantly that she has made the right decision. Especially since that decision has her seeing more of Violet. She watched Violet (a submissive) scene with Eric in Vegas and she's been unable t
Veronica
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Yes, Mistress is a lovely piece of erotic BDSM fiction. Very early on Mistress M tells us that sex isn't love. When I read that I knew this book would be good.

Told from the point of view of M, a dominatrix and a woman who group up in a well to do family, the story takes us from a point in M's life where she is single and care free to a wonderful end she did not see coming.

As this is erotica there are many love scenes and wh
mary
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was really working for me, and it was exactly what I was looking for, right up until the last chapters. Then things just got weird and very very uncomfortable.

Honestly if you’re planning to read this, my tip to you would be to stop after chapter 17. It would have been much better, cause everything that happens after that completely contradicts everything the two mains have done and said up until that point.

And then don’t even get me started on the penis rudely, suddenly and completely unn
FantasyLiving
I enjoyed this story.
Em and Violet were a lovely couple with some pretty hot sex .
I liked the progression of their relationship over the years. There was low angst, and no real drama which made for a nice easy love story.

Warning for those looking for lesbian only erotica, this has fmf and ffm scenes (two scenes in total) from about 70%, as well as a few F/m scenes as part of Em's job as a Dominatrix.

There is also some switching which threw me off. It lowered my rating. I did not enjoy that scen
Mummy's Naughty Corner
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, r2r, f-f, erotica, bdsm, kindle
Book gifted from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Cover :- 3 stars
Sex/steaminess :- 4 stars
Story line :- 5 stars
Characters :- 4 stars
Overall rating :- 4 stars

Personal rating :- 4 stars

Book Pairing:- F/F with a bit of M/F M/F/F
Did it give me a book hangover :- Yes
Is this a review book or personal read :- review read

Why I chose this book?

I was offered the chance to join the blog tour

What I liked about this book.

* The writing flowed well
* The storyline was good.
* The sex scenes were hot.
BlackMamba
DNF @79%

My first F/F BDSM book. It did not work for me.
Too sweet, too far-fetched, I started to skip pages and I decided to stop reading it.
Bella
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
While it wasn't Pulitzer prize winning writing, obviously, it was brilliant. I rarely read smut but this one intrigued me and I am glad I took the leap and read it.

There should however be a trigger warning on this book, and no that is not a spoiler people; it's about warning people who might be triggered. So that aside, totally worth the read. The characters were adorable and very likable.

The plot rushed but yeah it's smut. :) LOVED IT!!
Karen
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazon-unlimited
This one for sure is very hot. It was a tad bit long but the sex scenes were for sure interesting. I will rate this 3.75 stars but will round it to 4...mainly because the sex is fire.
Zuzu
Apr 01, 2018 added it
Entering a previously read book
Jacque
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: femdom
This was a really good book. I received Yes, Master as a free book and was told to read Yes, Mistress first. This is the first BDSM book that I've read with a domme. I like when there is good character development and N.J. Cole didn't disappoint here. It was a sweet romance with some good kink, hot and sexy.

I would recommend
multitaskingmomma
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: abuse, bdsm, ff, mff
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Stars

In all honesty, I don't go for FF novels, but I will read them if they're written well. NJ Cole has crafted Yes, Mistress so nicely that I have no complaints at all and would even say it's given me warm, fluffy feelings. Surprise!

Normally when "Domme" is mentioned, people think of women with male submissives - well at least I do. Having not read the blurb of this novel (I'd been asked to review the series' second installment, Yes Master, and wanted to do the first as
Heather
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can't say that f/f stories are out of my comfort zone because I do enjoy them. To say they are outside of my current norm is probably pretty accurate since I am more drawn to m/m relationships. I would say that D/s books are on the fringe of my comfort zone. I read them, I enjoy them, however I don't really seek them out. Truth be told, I just love a great story with interesting characters, settings that I can see in my mind, and well written, intriguing plots. The sex of the characters in the ...more
Emery LeeAnn
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I actually was one of the lucky ones who was privileged enough to beta this beauty. I am a forgetful girl and forgot to put my review up! Eeek! So I am rectifying that mistake now!
I love this story. NJ took us on a journey with this one.
M finds out that maybe she doesn't have everything she ever wanted when she pursues an opportunity presented to her. Violet is a shy submissive who is finding solace working at the BDSM shop that Mistress M comes to be a part of.
Apart they are surviving. Together
Diverse
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a hauntingly erotic F/F BDSM story. In one sentence that is how I can sum it up. I don't often read F/F so to read something out of my comfort zone and actually LOVE it, is kind of huge! Em and Violet are amazing to read and to watch grow. The level of hotness was equal to the level of great story and plot! I really and truly enjoyed it. NJ Cole may just be dabbling in the F/F world but she has a great talent for it. She is an enchanting storyteller and FF, MM, MF I don't care. She writ ...more
Nicole Baylor
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I serioulsy loved this book. I've never been a fan of f/f storylines but NJ Cole pulled me into this one. I felt like each character was well developed. And I loved how time passed over in a few areas to develop the story without having to drag it out and add unnecessary things. And I really liked how the story ended.
Now I can't wait for Yes, Master!
Zayne
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Em Grayson and Violet make such a great pair in this. My only problem is towards the end. I'm not a lesbian, nor a woman, but I do have lesbian friends and they do not want anyone sticking dicks near vaginas. They just don't get turned on from it and they are not attracted to any men. They're attracted to solely women, so when Violet says she thinks she's a lesbian and then has sex with Eric (one of their dominant friends) it just isn't really realistic, unless she's bisexual and just doesn't sa ...more
Zella Paige
Feb 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
I loved the Mistress to Mommy progression in this book. Cole took the responsibility of making sure to establish that both the dom and sub were well established within the BDSM lifestyle before jumping into rough domination without negotiations. The characters continually checked in for consent both in kink and through the development of their relationship. I thought these were vital steps towards making their sex both safe and sexy. This book is hot hot hot, I found myself messy wet almost the ...more
Lezfic Lover
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by NJ Cole. It was highly recommended so I gave it a go. I really enjoyed it. It’s hard to find a good BDSM book...but especially difficult to find a good f/f romance that doesn’t involve too much drama and can be optimistic. I enjoyed falling in love with the characters. I wasn’t so sure about adding the Dom into the mix, but to be honest I was surprised it didn’t turn me away. I felt that his addition (sexually speaking bc there are a few male characters) was tasteful. I ...more
Clara Atkinson
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yes Mistress was a powerful journey about a Domme everyone called M. She was highly regarded in the BDSM community and was always booked whenever she worked. She loved to travel to conventions and talk shop with other Dom and Dommes which is where she met up with her old friend and Dom Colton . He and his partner Eric offered her a business proposal that would cause her to have to relocate to Reno. She met an incredible submissive named Violet that turned her life upside down. Violet a submissiv ...more
Jackie
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book takes you into the BDSM world. It tells you the story of how Emmaline and Violet meet, Violet is broken she works in a club with Eric and Colton. M is a Domme she has a meeting with the owners Colton and Eric both Doms to see if she would like to partner with them, when M see's Violet there is instant chemistry between them, this book has some very hot f/f action with f/m/f in there to. This is the 1st time i have read a book like this and i dont think you will be disappointed. It has ...more
EvaLovesRomance
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Love Story!!!

This story definitely deserves double the five stars I gave because this book is the meaning of the phrase "Life Happens" and what a great one at that for Violet and Emmeline. I also loved this book because I saw the changes taking effect for both of these ladies. It just got better and better. I also loved the other characters in the story and the caring feelings they had for each other. Plus let's not forget this book had everyone being honest.
Well worth the read and I a
Molly
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm only giving this 3 stars because I normally don't read F/F.
Over all, I enjoyed the story line....domme moves across the country and meets a sub she eventually falls for.

What I could have done without is most of the bedroom scenes. I know some were necessary, but didn't think others were. The ending kind of had the 'okay-where-do-we-go-from-here' feel to it, though I normally LIKE it when books extend past a certain milestone.
« previous 1 3 next »
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Ff romance with bdsm theme [s] 3 30 Dec 19, 2014 10:28AM

• Tangled Vows (Mistress, #1)
  • Being Hers (Irresistibly Bound #1)
  • Hers to Keep (Irresistibly Bound #3)
  • The Abduction Agreement (Mistress May I, #1)
  • Demanding Boss (What A Lesbian Billionaire Wants Book 1)
  • Her Surrender (Irresistibly Bound #2)
  • The Night Off
  • Finding Jaime
  • Freeing Her (Irresistibly Bound Book 4)
  • Rewind
  • The Good Girl
  • Into the Fire
  • Ensnared Hearts (Mistress, #2)
  • Surrender Agreement (Mistress May I, #2)
  • Wanting Her
  • Mine
  • At Her Feet
  • Double Entendre (Lesbians in Leather, #1)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
NJ Cole is a witty, mid-western girl with a kinky side. She works by day and writes by night, all while being a mother to her wonderful boys and serving her Sir. Unlike many of today’s authors, she chooses to write in first person, allowing the readers to experience life through the eyes of the unique characters that live in her head. Her love of those characters and respect for their stories come ...more

News & Interviews