Start by marking “Yes, Mistress” as Want to Read:
Yes, Mistress

Yes, Mistress

Em Grayson had everything she wanted: the perfect life, the perfect job, nothing to hold her back. Or so she thought until she attended a BDSM convention in Las Vegas that turned her world upside down and had her questioning everything. Approached by an old friend about a business opportunity in Reno, she’s forced to look at her current situation and make life-altering dec ...more
Published October 1st 2014 (first published September 16th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Yes, Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yes, Mistress

Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Three things:
1.) descriptive BDSM
2.) F/F (occasionally F/F/M)
3.) smut

At its finest, I may add. *lol*

It was a "pleasure". ;-P

P.S: Thanks for the recommendation, mo chroi! XD
Dee

Parts of this book were good, others were a bit of a train wreck. I love erotica, normally have no issue with BDSM; but all the marking, biting/bruising, claiming "Mine" Mommy play, fisting, DP, pegging, MF, FF, MFF scenes overwhelmed the story.

I've tagged this as taboo due to Violet's backstory of incest. I almost threw the towel in when I read this. "My dad came in my room, furious that I'd told mom. He was even more pissed that she'd told him that if he wanted to fuck me, he could j
Eva
Aug 14, 2015 rated it did not like it
I have a difficult relationship with BDSM stories. I have no experience whatsoever in this world, but I admit that I am curious about it, at least, up to a certain level. I feel highly detached from the parafernalia (leather, sexual clothing, collars, etc) and some of the language and attitudes (Mistress, Mommy, Kneeling, etc), but I do enjoy reading about the D/S dynamics and roleplaying.

When reading BDSM stories I usually find myself enthralled and envious of the extreme level of intimacy and
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
Yeah, Ok I don't think FF is my thing. I still love this authors storytelling though so I'll be checking out her future works.

DNF @ 20%
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow this is a thoroughly enjoyable and oh so hot read.

I really don't want to say much more than the synopsis tells you. The synopsis gives you enough to tease yet this book is so much more. Love Em and Violet. These characters are wonderful.

This is a really hot book. Be warned its an f/f read with maybe a few m/f/m scenes:) It's a hot erotic bdsm story that I was glued to.
Thankfully this is a standalone with no cliffhanger. However there is a sequel that I really need to read as soon as possi
Lunatic
Mar 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm, f-f, f-f-m, lesbian, lgbt, bisexual
The book is so spectacular at first, the scenes between Em and Violet totally enthralled me. It was so alluring, so sexy, and so hot.

Then near the end, it all came crashing down.
(view spoiler)
Rob
Oct 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: gifted-books
I like BDSM. I like lesbians. I like sex. This book was about a love that developed between two women within a BDSM relationship. What's not to like right?

Ah, I really don't know what it was about this book. I should have loved it but I didn't.

For the first time ever, I found myself skipping past the sexual encounters. There's only so much pussy licking and clit pinching I can read before I get bored and it gets tedious. The sex scenes were all a bit rinse and repeat for me.

I've decided I don't
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

Mistress M,(Em) is a professional Dominatrix who works in a BDSM club in Philly. When she attends a convention in Vegas she run into a friend that offers her an opportunity she can't pass up. When decides to move to Reno, she knows instantly that she has made the right decision. Especially since that decision has her seeing more of Violet. She watched Violet (a submissive) scene with Eric in Vegas and she's been unable t
Veronica
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Yes, Mistress is a lovely piece of erotic BDSM fiction. Very early on Mistress M tells us that sex isn't love. When I read that I knew this book would be good.

Told from the point of view of M, a dominatrix and a woman who group up in a well to do family, the story takes us from a point in M's life where she is single and care free to a wonderful end she did not see coming.

As this is erotica there are many love scenes and wh
Ruthie Taylor
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

This is a really good read. It is a standalone which could definitely be expanded upon, as there are a group of interesting side characters (not so subtle request to Ms Cole!). I loved the pace, the tone, the people, the situation. It was neither sickly sweet, nor unduly harsh; the drama was not extreme, the caring and love developed and drew in both the characters and the reader. There was comedy in the form of Peanut; fa
FantasyLiving
I enjoyed this story.
Em and Violet were a lovely couple with some pretty hot sex .
I liked the progression of their relationship over the years. There was low angst, and no real drama which made for a nice easy love story.

Warning for those looking for lesbian only erotica, this has fmf and ffm scenes (two scenes in total) from about 70%, as well as a few F/m scenes as part of Em's job as a Dominatrix.

There is also some switching which threw me off. It lowered my rating. I did not enjoy that scen
Mummy's Naughty Corner
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, bdsm, f-f, erotica, kindle, r2r
Book gifted from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Cover :- 3 stars
Sex/steaminess :- 4 stars
Story line :- 5 stars
Characters :- 4 stars
Overall rating :- 4 stars

Personal rating :- 4 stars

Book Pairing:- F/F with a bit of M/F M/F/F
Did it give me a book hangover :- Yes
Is this a review book or personal read :- review read

Why I chose this book?

I was offered the chance to join the blog tour

What I liked about this book.

* The writing flowed well
* The storyline was good.
* The sex scenes were hot.
BlackMamba
DNF @79%

My first F/F BDSM book. It did not work for me.
Too sweet, too far-fetched, I started to skip pages and I decided to stop reading it.
Bella
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
While it wasn't Pulitzer prize winning writing, obviously, it was brilliant. I rarely read smut but this one intrigued me and I am glad I took the leap and read it.

There should however be a trigger warning on this book, and no that is not a spoiler people; it's about warning people who might be triggered. So that aside, totally worth the read. The characters were adorable and very likable.

The plot rushed but yeah it's smut. :) LOVED IT!!
Zuzu
Apr 01, 2018 added it
Entering a previously read book
Jacque
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: femdom
This was a really good book. I received Yes, Master as a free book and was told to read Yes, Mistress first. This is the first BDSM book that I've read with a domme. I like when there is good character development and N.J. Cole didn't disappoint here. It was a sweet romance with some good kink, hot and sexy.

I would recommend
multitaskingmomma
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ff, mff, bdsm, abuse
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Stars

In all honesty, I don't go for FF novels, but I will read them if they're written well. NJ Cole has crafted Yes, Mistress so nicely that I have no complaints at all and would even say it's given me warm, fluffy feelings. Surprise!

Normally when "Domme" is mentioned, people think of women with male submissives - well at least I do. Having not read the blurb of this novel (I'd been asked to review the series' second installment, Yes Master, and wanted to do the first as
Heather
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can't say that f/f stories are out of my comfort zone because I do enjoy them. To say they are outside of my current norm is probably pretty accurate since I am more drawn to m/m relationships. I would say that D/s books are on the fringe of my comfort zone. I read them, I enjoy them, however I don't really seek them out. Truth be told, I just love a great story with interesting characters, settings that I can see in my mind, and well written, intriguing plots. The sex of the characters in the ...more
Shirley Williamson
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I actually was one of the lucky ones who was privileged enough to beta this beauty. I am a forgetful girl and forgot to put my review up! Eeek! So I am rectifying that mistake now!
I love this story. NJ took us on a journey with this one.
M finds out that maybe she doesn't have everything she ever wanted when she pursues an opportunity presented to her. Violet is a shy submissive who is finding solace working at the BDSM shop that Mistress M comes to be a part of.
Apart they are surviving. Together
Diverse
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a hauntingly erotic F/F BDSM story. In one sentence that is how I can sum it up. I don't often read F/F so to read something out of my comfort zone and actually LOVE it, is kind of huge! Em and Violet are amazing to read and to watch grow. The level of hotness was equal to the level of great story and plot! I really and truly enjoyed it. NJ Cole may just be dabbling in the F/F world but she has a great talent for it. She is an enchanting storyteller and FF, MM, MF I don't care. She writ ...more
Nicole Baylor
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I serioulsy loved this book. I've never been a fan of f/f storylines but NJ Cole pulled me into this one. I felt like each character was well developed. And I loved how time passed over in a few areas to develop the story without having to drag it out and add unnecessary things. And I really liked how the story ended.
Now I can't wait for Yes, Master!
Clara Atkinson
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yes Mistress was a powerful journey about a Domme everyone called M. She was highly regarded in the BDSM community and was always booked whenever she worked. She loved to travel to conventions and talk shop with other Dom and Dommes which is where she met up with her old friend and Dom Colton . He and his partner Eric offered her a business proposal that would cause her to have to relocate to Reno. She met an incredible submissive named Violet that turned her life upside down. Violet a submissiv ...more
Jackie
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book takes you into the BDSM world. It tells you the story of how Emmaline and Violet meet, Violet is broken she works in a club with Eric and Colton. M is a Domme she has a meeting with the owners Colton and Eric both Doms to see if she would like to partner with them, when M see's Violet there is instant chemistry between them, this book has some very hot f/f action with f/m/f in there to. This is the 1st time i have read a book like this and i dont think you will be disappointed. It has ...more
Eva
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Love Story!!!

This story definitely deserves double the five stars I gave because this book is the meaning of the phrase "Life Happens" and what a great one at that for Violet and Emmeline. I also loved this book because I saw the changes taking effect for both of these ladies. It just got better and better. I also loved the other characters in the story and the caring feelings they had for each other. Plus let's not forget this book had everyone being honest.
Well worth the read and I a
Molly
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm only giving this 3 stars because I normally don't read F/F.
Over all, I enjoyed the story line....domme moves across the country and meets a sub she eventually falls for.

What I could have done without is most of the bedroom scenes. I know some were necessary, but didn't think others were. The ending kind of had the 'okay-where-do-we-go-from-here' feel to it, though I normally LIKE it when books extend past a certain milestone.
April Mills
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. At first I was not sure if I would like it or not. F/F books are not me favorite but this book has changed my mind. You learn of 2 different females that find there mate. Each lady if missing something and they find it in each other. I love that they learn about each other first and then fall in love on the way. Love works in mysterious ways.
Cloak88
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Things went just a little-bit to easy 2.5stars

Em is a professional Dominatrix that meets a cute submissive woman, and together they form the perfect relationship..... I'm paraphrasing, but nut by much. This is an F/F erotic romance novel with a definite BDSM theme (as the title clearly states), but in all.... not that much happens. Lots of things are set up, conflicts could arise at any point, characters have history..... and than everything is smooth-over and is never a problem again.

In short,
Zillah Raven
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely fantastic. Em and Violet are remarkable together. This story takes you in one hell of a journey into their growing relationship. As a person that hasn't read many books about Dommes this is one I highly recommend. The writing and flow of this book is done wonderfully.
Cynthia Krietz
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read a lot of BDSM books but this was the first I've read with a Domme. I really didn't know how I was going to feel about it but I'm glad I kept reading. The relationship is hot! It didn't take me long to get into the story and couldn't put it down!
Chelsey Walker
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book is on fire

What’s not to love? Well written and paced, complicated and interesting characters, solid research, and excellent tension. Highly recommend. Definitely a hot and kinky story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Ff romance with bdsm theme [s] 3 28 Dec 19, 2014 10:28AM
  • Driftwood Deeds (Breaking in Waves, #1)
  • Her Grace's Stable (A Jane Austen Space Opera #2)
  • At Her Feet
  • Melting the Ice Queen
  • Best Erotic Romance 2014
  • Forever Burn (James Matthews, #1)
  • Girls Only: The Collection
  • Claimed in Canada
  • The Job
  • I Love You, Salvatore (The Five Families, #1)
  • Eraser Blue (Eraser, #2)
  • Tasting Pleasure (Pleasure, #1)
  • Dreaming of Snow (West End #2.5)
  • Shadows & Dreams (Kate Kane, Paranormal Investigator, #2)
  • From the Boots Up
  • Confessions from a Coffee Shop (Confessions, #1)
  • Sapphire Blue
  • Seduction (The Plume #3)
NJ Cole is a witty, mid-western girl with a kinky side. She works by day and writes by night, all while being a mother to her wonderful boys and serving her Sir. Unlike many of today’s authors, she chooses to write in first person, allowing the readers to experience life through the eyes of the unique characters that live in her head. Her love of those characters and respect for their stories come ...more