Start by marking “Treasure” as Want to Read:
Treasure

Treasure

Her sister’s bachelorette party is the highlight of a miserable year for Alexis Chambers, but once her bridesmaid’s dress is packed away, she’s back to coping with her life as a once popular athlete and violinist turned loner and the focus of her parents’ disappointment. She isn’t expecting much from her freshman year of college until she finds herself sharing a class with ...more
Published October 13th 2014 by Bold Strokes Books

Start your review of Treasure
Joc
Alexis meets Treasure at a strip club while attending her sister's bachelorette party. They're both taken with each other but only meet again a little while later in a computer science class.

It's sweet and engaging. Even though it's a short read, it feels complete.
Acqua

Treasure is a sweet f/f romance following two young Black women who meet at a strip club.
Alexis is an 18-year-old college student trying to make sense of her life after a really rough year; she has ADHD and is a lesbian, which her family - especially her father - doesn't really approve of.
Trisha, aka Treasure, is 20 years old, a college student and a stripper, and finds herself in the same classes Alexis attends. Unlike Alexis, she is not from a rich family.

I loved Treasure. It's a
Olivia
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading a young adult f/f book showing the perspectives of two young women of colour and their family dynamic dealing with their sexuality.

Both women are juniors in college, one comes from an upper class family (Alexis), and the other (Trisha) an underprivileged and single parent family. I really appreciated the author's well informed view and positive depiction of Trisha's autonomy and independency dancing at a strip club, paying her way through school and supporting her
Dee
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

What a delightful, sexy, thought provoking story. I loved both main characters, they were so very different, but seemed as if they would fit together perfectly. If only they could figure that out....

Speaking of fitting together, the erotic scenes in this story were blended in perfectly, not just randomly thrown in, and steamed up more than a page or two, yum ;)

Back to the characters. Treasure a.k.a Trisha, was indeed a ‘treasure’. She wasn't born into riches but chose to make the best
Silvia
I loved this!

The romance is between two Black gay girls, one of them works as a stripper to pay for college and stuff and the other one comes from a wealthy family and has had a sheltered life. She also has ADHD and takes medication for it, and she's figuring out her gender expression.

The characters and relationships were all very well developed and the whole book was sexy as hell. And I feel like the representation of sex work was well done, there was only some negativity coming off from the
Tara
Really enjoyed this one. Rebekah Weatherspoon is one of my auto buy authors, and this novella didn't disappoint.

2016 reread: I enjoyed this even more than I did the first time. When I first read it, I was expecting another erotic romance like the rest of Rebekah Weatherspoon's books, and I didn't get New Adult as a genre at all. This is a perfect New Adult romance and I love it.

Full review here: http://www.thelesbianreview.com/treas...
Laura (bbliophile)
There were quite a few things I liked about this. I loved the very positive sex work rep, I liked the relationship, etc, but there were quite a few acephobic and ableist comments :/
mina reads™️
BLACK WOMEN IN LOVE
Sex worker/sex positive
Real, beautiful communication
HAPPY ENDINGSSSSSSS
Luce
Sep 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read, 3-stars
I have only read a couple of Weatherspoon's short stories. I wanted to read one of her novels but guess this is really a novella? I enjoyed this book. I don't normally read novels in this age group 18-22 (new adults?). I'll definitely checkout another of her books.
. (not active on this account stop adding me)
rep: black lesbian mc, black lesbian mc with ADHD
M
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: l-books, romance
Very, very good.

Wonderful context and characters. Highly recommended.
X ✚ Black Magic Reviews

I'm a few years late to the party on this, but TREASURE was exactly the refresher I needed after a few naff reads.

If I had to sum this book up in one word, I'd call it real. It's so many more things than that, but what got to me was the reality and depth of the characters and their relationship, from the awkward to the sweet, from the hilarious to the heartbreaking, from the angsty to the sexual.

And I'm going to tell you right here, right now, that no matter your fucking orientation, Alexis
M. Hollis
"They hadn't talked about being girlfriends or liking each other again, but by holding her hand, Alexis thought that Trisha was saying she wanted to be seen with her. Alexis had no idea what that felt like - to be wanted, to not be a source of embarrassment or shame - until that very moment."

Definitely one of the best and most adorable NA and F/F books out there with really nice smut. I loved the girls' relationship and how cute it was to see them texting each other and being so sweet together.
Anne
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rebekah Weatherspoon perfectly describes what it's like being young and being in a lesbian relationship for the first time. The story is short (36,900 words), but I tip my hat to the way she made things happen, especially the family drama.

Alexis is probably the cutest soft butch ever! I loved the fact that her first time with Trisha was clumsy. Their relationship was solid and they were mature enough to start something special, but I had a hard time believing that Alexis was 100% ok with Trisha’
Maf (Bookworm Wanders)
I've read this book twice in one week and both times I've given it 5 stars what more can i say
K.J. Charles
Oh, this was so sweet. Very lovely lesbian NA with a girl from the wrong side of the tracks working as a stripper, and one from a wealthy family trying to rebuild her self esteem and independence. Huggable characters, hot, and both MCs a lovely blend of strength and vulnerability. Big recommend.
Rena
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Loved it. I think Alexis is the cutest baby butch ever.
Justina Johnson
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: f-f, romantic
This story is rich yet beguiling, magnificent yet down to earth, and intriguing yet heartwarmingly human. Two African-American young women about to start their freshman year at college from very different economic backgrounds initially meet in a delightfully offbeat way. When they unexpected bump into each other on the first day of class, there is a delicate connection that sparks with potential as remembrance enfolds both of them. The feeling that embraces these women as they reacquaint ...more
Lexxi Kitty
A 19 year old and a 20 year old meet at a strip club, one's there with her sister and her sister's friends - celebrating the sister's upcoming marriage. The other was there working. As a stripper.

Alexis, the 19 year old, has a certain amount of social anxiety and 'issues', but she sits there somewhat frozen, clutching a bunch of money, and with somewhat bulging eyes (conceivably) not for these 'issues' but because of the woman dancing near her. Wiggling her breasts at her, wiggling her ass at
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
TW: Depression, mention of suicide, anxiety, ableist language

WAAAAAH!!!! THIS WAS SO CUTE AND GOOD AND AHHHH!!! *incoherent screams* Black women in love, sex worker positivity, sex positivity, realistic portrayals, ALL THE SWOON, CUTE AND SMUT... I just, this book just made my little heart happy.

It was a very quick read that I was able to finish in two sittings (while I was pretty busy) and that never failed to make me grin like an absolute fool.

MORE LIKE THIS PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!!

The only
Fia
Nov 17, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
BORING.

The story was boring, the characters were boring and without any chemistry and just....no, thank you.

And I was really looking forward to reading this one.
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

#Smutathon Book 3

I enjoyed it a lot, I think the fact that it's so short makes the story move very fast and I don't get to know the characters as much as I like, but I still like it a lot, it's sexy, diverse, bold, fun and I loved the writing style!! A very passionate love story

3/5

You can find this one and more of my reviews on my blog A Book. A Thought.

Treasure is a short novel about a romance between two girls of color, which is great, diversity in NA is very important.
Alexis meets Trisha
•°• gabs •°•
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mc-sapphic
i liked this a lot!! it was cute and funny and at the same time it deals with some serious topics, alexis deals with anxiety and the psychological consequences of her strict upbringing and trisha lives with a difficult relationship with her mother and taking care of her 5 foster siblings.

i really appreciate the way trisha's stripper job is handled, this positivity and support is really important and i'm glad to have read treasure's (trisha) story, she and all sex workers deserve more
Marianne (Boricuan Bookworms)
Loved this so much. Black girls falling in love + positive sex worker rep... *heart eyes* for days.

Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Treasure is a ridiculously sweet new adult romance between a stripper and a shy rich girl. The writing is simple and readable and it was exactly what I needed right now--I've barely finished a book since the impeachment started, I've been that obsessed with the news, and this totally sucked me in. I loved watching these two connect and gain confidence. Definitely recommended if you're in the mood for something sweet and feel-good.
Shira Glassman
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: qwoc, femslash
Evocative little book that totally captured the real experience--both sweet and painful--of the early days of a relationship between women from totally different backgrounds. Fitting together different lives takes some bumps in the road, certainly.

Loved the note about Alexis looking like she was going through "some sort of religious experience" as she watches Trisha perform for the first time; I have totally experienced those moments. And the narrator subtly mocking heterosexist straight people,
Mónica BQ
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, this book was far from perfect. There's a tiny bit of insta-love. It has a bit of an abrupt ending. Nothing much happens...
BUT it has one of the strongest beginnings I've read for a while. Lesbian woman of color in your fucking face talking about being turned on. I LOVED IT. Honest portrayal of being a woman. Terrific descriptions of overachiever and pressuring families. It was never over dramatic or tragic.
It was a joy to read this.
It's a short book, so that helped a lot with the little
Chasia Lloyd
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was veryyyyy much into this! NA F/F with both leads being WoC? Yasssss!!! Alexis and Trisha are delightful characters to follow, and their chemistry is instant and hot. Loved, loved, LOVED Trisha being a stripper and it was treated as a respectful job with no jealousy on Alexis's end. I wish this had been a full length book so I could read more about them.

Trigger warning for some mentions of a past suicide attempt, so please read with care.
rachel ☾
i have really conflicting feelings about this one. on one hand, baby butch lesbian and positive sex worker rep but on the other hand, there was a lot of unchallenged ableism and the ending was rushed
Amanda
I have to say, I’ve become a big, big fan of Rebekah Weatherspoon’s books. I think what she’s doing as an author is so important. Every book or novella of hers I’ve read so far has been body positive and sex positive. They’ve also been diverse in multiple senses of the word—she prominently features WOC, especially black women, in her stories, and she’s also had queer characters in almost everything of hers
I’ve read.

This book was no exception—a f/f story featuring two wonderful protagonists in
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Once Ghosted, Twice Shy (Reluctant Royals, #2.5)
  • A Little Light Mischief (The Turner Series, #3.5)
  • Prom and Other Hazards
  • The Lady's Guide to Celestial Mechanics (Feminine Pursuits, #1)
  • Beautiful Dreamer
  • First Position
  • One Bed for Christmas (Baldwin Village, #0.5)
  • Damaged Goods (Ravenswood, #1.5)
  • Mangos and Mistletoe
  • Bad for the Boss (Just for Him, #1)
  • Mrs. Martin’s Incomparable Adventure (The Worth Saga, #2.75)
  • Can't Escape Love (Reluctant Royals, #2.6)
  • Just for Show
  • Who'd Have Thought
  • Untouchable (Ravenswood #2)
  • The Queen of Ieflaria (Tales of Inthya, #1)
  • Tailor-Made
  • The Wrong McElroy
After years of meddling in her friends’ love lives, Rebekah Weatherspoon turned to writing romance to get her fix. Raised in Southern New Hampshire, Rebekah Weatherspoon now lives in Southern California where she will remain forever because she hates moving.

Her BDSM romance At Her Feet won the Golden Crown Literary Award for erotic lesbian fiction. Her novella FIT (#1 in the FIT Trilogy) won the