Start by marking “A Day at a Time” as Want to Read:
A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time

Sean Vargos is quiet, well respected, and dedicated to his job. But Dave Simpson sees Sean as more than a coworker. He's fought his attraction to Sean for months but can't get him out of his thoughts.

They tentatively embark on a relationship, but Sean isn’t all that he seems. He struggles to put his past behind him and overcome his fears.

Dave, with his good looks and ope
Published October 29th 2014 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about A Day at a Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Day at a Time

Pam Kay
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was really entranced by this novel. A Beautiful Love Story that was built on trust. Dave Simpson and Sean Vargos both worked at the same office together. Dave had only been there for about a year and during that time he had been attracted to Sean, but never did anything about it. He was a beautiful man who was outgoing and comfortable with himself. Sean was also a beautiful man who appeared to be shy, but very proficient in his job. Sean had a dark secret which kept him from getting close to a ...more
Christy
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, on-my-kindle, arc
3.5 Stars ~ Office romance. It can go really well, or horribly, horribly wrong. Luckily for Dave and Sean, they've known each other a year, and have gotten closer in the last six months, so they know the type of man they each are. Their first date is so sweet, it's not surprising when they make a second, and then find themselves moving forward into a relationship.

Dave's life is on track. He's been with the company for a year, is working hard in middle management with ambitions to move upward, sl
Janette
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
A solid romance full of heartache and sweet beginnings. Nic Start delivers the perfect balance of warm fuzzy feeling and anxiety. A Day at a Time is kind of a workplace romance with many of the complications that setting can offer. Dating someone you work with is always taking a chance, because if it doesn't work out, there's usually no avoiding them later.

Sean is a hard working, dedicated guy, and on the outside seems like he's got it all together. Inside, however, he's struggling to overcome
Devan Huff
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review first published for Nautical Star Books. I received one copy of this book at no charge from the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

In A Day at a Time we meet Dave, who is confident, attractive and has plenty of friends to hang with whenever the need strikes. He also has a secret crush on one of his office mates. Sean is quiet, efficient, and Dave wants nothing more to protect Sean and make him ridiculously happy. Unfortunately, Sean is also a bit skittish whe
Joyfully Jay
Nov 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

I like this story. It is easy to read with two likable men, the angst is light, it is mostly well paced, and it offers just a touch of intrigue to see what is up with Sean. It was just what I was in the mood for. We have tall, good looking Dave who can’t seem to stop glancing over at Sean while he works. Sean is focused on his work and keeps pretty much to himself as he has completely sworn off relationships. When the guys do get together, they have a lot in common,
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: eARC Review: A Day At A Time by Nic Starr

My Rating: 4 of 4 Stars
(Based on Short&Light Read Category)

Occasionally, it is nice to relax and read a short, little story about love and how it can catch people unawares at the most unexpected times. When love's arrow hits, no matter the trauma of past loves, it breaks down the barriers. For Sean, a past relationship ending badly made him wary of getting into the dating game. He feared that to even attempt at investing in a new r
T.M. Smith
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sean is a loner, quiet and almost shy. It’s the past haunting him that makes Sean withdraw and keep to himself, but Dave wants to change that. Dave has watched Sean from afar at work, biding his time until the time is right to make his move. Dave realizes he has to tread lightly with Sean, but once the door is opened and Sean tries to close it out of fear, Dave nudges his foot in the opening, and refuses to be shut out.

This was a short, sweet story about the tenacity of one man to prove he is wo
Morgan  Skye
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a short story of two men meeting and falling in love at work. Sean has obviously had a bad experience in the past, which keeps him from simply giving in to the desire he shares with Dave.

Dave, not known for being patient or particularly romantic and faithful, falls for Sean early on and must really show restraint, or lose him forever.

The main conflict here is Sean and this is the story of Sean’s ability to confront his fears and trust again.

There were times when I was frustrated by thi
A.M. Leibowitz
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This quick read was fairly enjoyable. There were things I liked and things I thought were just okay.

I liked that the story dealt with feelings related to past trauma without making it into a “save you” kind of story. I also appreciated that the sex fit well with the themes of the story rather than being “magical.”

I did struggle a bit with the flow of the narrative. I thought the author relied too much on telling rather than showing, especially during the set-up. I also felt like we knew a lot ab
Brandilyn
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, read-2014
Reviewed by Brandilyn for Prism Book Alliance. A Day at a time by Nic Starr is a sweet and enjoyable office romance. Sadly, there was nothing that stuck out to me to make it special. I liked both the main characters. Sean is vulnerable but willing to take a chance. Dave is outgoing and doesn't take no for an answer. Together they work past Sean's obligatory issues to find a happily ever after. Find the whole review at http://www.prismbookalliance.com/?pos...
Crystal Marie
Jan 22, 2015 rated it liked it
This short office romance left me wondering where the story was. It started off well enough, and the writing was capable – but nothing much ever happened. Don’t get me wrong – there are two likeable main characters who overcome…I think it was adversity?...to be together, but that was about it. Considering this was a short story, I had assumed that whatever conflict or tension there would be in relation to the two main characters would begin rather soon. Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case.

Dave
Love Bytes Reviews
Nov 09, 2014 rated it liked it
2.5 star review by Amber

I love the idea of office romances. I like how people who work together and are actually “together” try to be professional in a business setting. I like the build-up of desire that co-workers hide in a professional setting. I like how it ignites when they get home or someplace private. The build-up is decadent, and I love it.

Unfortunately, none of that happens in this book.

I missed the passion, the connection that these two were suppose to make. Granted this is a very sho
Lynn
Nov 25, 2014 rated it liked it
A DAY AT A TIME is a journey of pain and recovery, both physical and emotional, to finding true love.

Dave Simpson has had a crush on his co-worker Sean Vargos for some time but isn't sure how to approach him. Sean's lack of social interaction and his strict focus on his work makes Dave feel he is a bit unapproachable. When Dave finally works up the courage to ask Sean out, he is happy that Sean accepts but he can sense there is some hesitation on Sean's part. Sean has been hurt by a past relatio
Inked Reads
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m

I liked that the story dealt with feelings related to past trauma without making it into a "save you" kind of story. I also appreciated that the sex fit well with the themes of the story rather than being "magical."

Angela Bee Bee
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazon-->A Day at a Time
Secretly Reading
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was a decent enough read but it was based on one of my most hated tropes: the deep secret. Therefore this story of two everyday guys finding each other felt manufactured which wasn't necessary for such a short story. This would have worked better for me if it was HOW the guys made a relationship work given one's big secret instead of the secret being the tension.
Adrienne -kocham czytać-
2.5 stars rounded up.

It was a nice story, sweet and mildly engaging, but it also felt uninspired and rather common to me, and it definitely won't stand out amongst the other stories I've read for long.
Zane Kage
Apr 05, 2015
Ashley
Jun 24, 2017
Dreamspinner Press: A Day at a Time by Nic Starr 3 16 Nov 03, 2014 03:45AM
Nic Starr lives in Australia where she tries to squeeze as much into her busy life as possible. Balancing the demands of a corporate career with raising a family and writing can be challenging but she wouldn’t give it up for the world.

Always a reader, the lure of m/m romance was strong and she devoured hundreds of wonderful m/m romance books before eventually realising she had some stories of her