Start by marking “Lost in Us (Lost in You, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Lost in Us (Lost in You, #1.5)

Lost in Us

(Lost in You #1.5)

A Lost in You Novella

Life is supposed to be about following your dreams, taking risks and getting lost in love.

I have my dream job.

Hadley is definitely a risk.

Getting lost in love with her is the easiest thing I’ve ever done.
Published October 13th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Lost in Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost in Us

Lora Borzelleca
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was kinda sad to read. I was so happy with the ending f the first book that I really didn't expect this. (Spoilers) I think Ryan did the right thing by breaking off their relationship. Hadley was not ready to put someone else before her career at that time. The one thing I was upset with Ryan about was how quickly he jumped back into a relationship, and that he stayed in it even though the other woman knew he was still I love with someone else. I think that was really selfish on his part. W ...more
Nancy The book junkie
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.75/5

Review coming soon!
Once Upon a Twilight
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Its always a great thing when you get to revisit with some of your favorite book characters. Thanks to McLaughlin diving back into the story of Hadley and Ryan, we were awarded with the privilege. Lost in Us can be found in the Breathless anthology but now it is its own entity. This novella will sure to please everyone that fell hard for these two characters in Lost in You.

You might have thought when you finished Lost in You, that Ryan and Hadley got their HEA. Well not necessarily, Lost in Us c
Ilene
Dec 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, k-unlimited
Short, sweet but really a whole lot of not too much. But I get it, I really do.

Ryan was super young when he met Hadley and fell in love. She left to do what was best for him and then years later they give it a go. Sadly they didn't grow as a couple and couldn't compromise. They ended. A year later Hadley surprised Ryan.

While Ryan might be hesitant he goes all in pretty quick.

The end.
Jill M
Jun 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Originally read in the Breathless Anthology...

This was a short and sweet conclusion to Hadley & Ryan's story. It was a very unexpected where their story was going to go but loved the ending. Perfect!
Danielle Mcclarty
Nov 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Short

The story line was nice just very short. I did like how you had the thought process from both sides of the characters.
Jessica
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quick fun read

This was a super cute fun read. Curious if the story continues and if there is a book after this.
Tamara L. Butler
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read

A great read of Heidi McLaughlin. Could not put the book down. Enjoy her books. Sad when they are over.
karen
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Nice ending to a love of ups and downs. Completes the circle
Becca
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After falling for Hadley and Ryan in Lost in You, I was excited to get a glimpse at their future in Lost in Us. Let’s just say, it wasn’t at all what I expected. From the start, Heidi completely threw me for a loop. A significant amount of time has passed since the end of Lost in You and Hadley and Ryan are vastly different people. I didn’t expect this novella to be quite the emotional rollercoaster that it was, but it had me gripping the edges of my kindle while I battled with myself over wheth ...more
Julie Kirby
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It was great to catch up with Ryan and Hadley. In fact it was Heidi's Lost in You, that introduced me to her books.

"I just had to know" "Know what?" If you're still the one....

I was a bit shocked when I started reading this, and was thinking am I missing something? So they didn't work it out after all. Thankfully it all came out as I read on.

After bearing both sides of their story, we join them 5 years on...Ryan had ended their relationship and they both wanted different things out of life; whe
Joelle
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this novella as part of the Breathless anthology. I'm so glad that I now have it on my Kindle as part of my Heidi McLaughlin collection. I fell for Hadley and Ryan this summer when I read Lost in You for the first time. I was so happy that this novella was being released. I loved them and wanted more of their story. Lost is Us is terrific. The first couple of pages made me very angry but that didn't last. Everybody knows that Hadley and Ryan belong together. They just needed to stop being ...more
SammiesBookBlog
Shelves: us
At first I was like WTF is going on!?! did I miss something!?! but then it all became clear and I was freaking angry lol. Yelling at my Kindle and cursing Heidi lol. Then I realized, this s*** happens. It just happened to me a month ago. It feels real and it's honest. S*** happens. Life happens. People grow apart, people leave and people break your heart and sometime they aren't the people you thought they once were. But they had a second chance. Hadley realized she isn't happy, Ryan is her life ...more
T, G & T's Indie Café
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVE this story in the Breathless anthology.... I personally can not wait for Oct 13 to get here so that I can have back in my hands again.

Heidi did such an amazing job showing us what true love is all about. And how one must work at it in order to hold on to something that is so true to our heart. Follow your heart and magic can happen all the time..

Hadley & Ryan though young in the start of Lost In You have grown into adults. Their careers have taken over their lives yet has it destroyed
Michele
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved Hadley Carter and Ryan Stone in Lost In You. So obviously I had to read Lost In Us to see what they are up to now. It was not at all what I expected, but I love their story!
Lost In Us Takes place nine years after Ryan and Hadley first met. They are all grown up, and while Hadley is still touring, Ryan has his dream job as general manager for the Boston Renegades baseball team. Their lives haven't turned out exactly as they thought they would. Can true love overcome the obstacles standin
DCT
Dec 25, 2014 rated it liked it
What a sweet way to wrap up Hadley and Ryan's story!

3.5 sweet stars! As a reader, it is always fun to get a glimpse of a book couple beyond the HEA. What was both startling and surprising about this one, is that our couple had grown apart, and I was not expecting that. Ryan had matured, and Hadley still had some growing up to do, before they could find their way back to each other. This is a short novella, that gives us just enough; and a special thanks to Kindle Unlimited for letting me experie
Rebecca Hollingsworth
Endings..

I kinda felt as if this story was pointless. I understand the readers wanting more, and authors trying to give them more, but truthfully, it could have ended at book 1, and I would have been happier. What was the need for extra drama?

It was nice to find out what city they ended up in, what job title he has and what not, but that could've been added in book 1. Just my personal opinion.. Overall, if you liked book 1, you will want to read this, just to get closure if your curious..
Georgette
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lost in Us is the novella after Lost in You. This one is set years later. You get a glimpse of where Ryan and Hadley's lives end up...

I LOVED LOVED this novella!!!! OMG!!! I cried....cried....cried....

There was so much that happened that as soon as you open up the book, your first reaction is "OH MY GOODNESS!!! WHY???"

Heidi again took us on a very emotional journey...

Did Ryan and Hadley get their happily ever after you were looking for??

Highly recommend that you read this to find out!!

Carol
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Solid

This is a solid story of soul mates that loose each other only to find each other again. You must read LOST IN YOU before you read this novella. Not that you'll be completely lost but you will appreciate this story better.

I have to hand it to Harley. She's pretty ballsy. She knows what she wants and goes right after it. It helps that Ryan is still hopelessly in love with her. That makes it a lot easier. Half her battle is already won.

If real life could be as easy. Oh, what a wonderful wor
buzy_reading
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Short and sweet story about rekindling the love that never wavered during time apart. The story teaches us that sometimes we make choices we later regret and it would be great to get a do-over. When love is still present you can't deny those feelings. Sometimes time apart allows us to grow and reflect on what we miss. Also it's import to compromise.
Misty Davis
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cute story
Nur
Jul 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Honestly, I love Heidi as an author but this novella seemed kind pointless to me. It was well written and would have been better as a full length novel but I feel like I wasted my time on it.
Anyse
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
so annoying.
Veronica LaRoche
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love Hadley & Ryan

It was heart breaking to read what happened to Ryan and Hadley but knew it was only going to make them stronger. Amazing story written by an amazing Author
Francis
BREATHLESS
Francene Brown
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great Ending

Great ending to a great story. From sad to happy this book will take you. it is very well written with wonderful characters.
Cheryl Peterson
Feb 04, 2019
Corinne
Nov 05, 2014
Debbie Ward
Jul 31, 2018
  • Heart Breaker (AnguiSH, #1.5)
  • Little Moments (Second Chances, #2)
  • The Prisoner (The Replacement, #1.5)
  • The V-Spot
  • This is What I Want
  • The Time Until
  • Seven's Diary (Hers, #3.5)
  • New Life (New Life, #1)
  • Without You (Stripped, #1.5)
  • Rock the Beginning (Black Falcon, #0.5)
  • I Found You (Starting Out #1)
  • Timeless (Book Boyfriend, #3.5)
  • All I Want
  • Game On (New York Kings, #2)
  • Reach Me (Wrecked, #3.5)
  • A Tempting Christmas (Tempt My Heart #1.5)
  • Nerdgasm (Naughty Nerds)
  • Long Way Home
Heidi McLaughlin is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of The Beaumont Series, The Boys of Summer, and The Archers.

Originally, from the Pacific Northwest, she now lives in picturesque Vermont, with her husband, two daughters, and their three dogs.

In 2012, Heidi turned her passion for reading into a full-fledged literary career, writing over twenty novels, inclu

Lost in You (2 books)
  • Lost in You (Lost in You, #1)