Start by marking “The Nidhi Kapoor Story” as Want to Read:
The Nidhi Kapoor Story

The Nidhi Kapoor Story

3.38  ·  Rating details ·  225 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Two dogs and a cat are butchered at the home of Nidhi Kapoor, a leading Bollywood actress. Left behind is a mysterious letter threatening Nidhi and her family.

Nishant Kapoor, Nidhi’s father and a superstar of the yesteryears is confined to a retirement facility in the hills. Tormenting him are his recurring dreams of someone trying to hurt him and his family.

A film set wh
Published November 2014 by Grapevine India

To ask other readers questions about The Nidhi Kapoor Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Nidhi Kapoor Story

Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws
As Nidhi Kapoor, a star in her own rights in the film industry, is about to start shooting for her much anticipated movie, weird things start happening around her. Her pets are found mauled over, her film set goes up in flames and a threatening letter is found at her home. This being a high profile case, ACP Prakash Mohile is roped in to lead the investigation. Rujuta Singh is a photojournalist who gets embroiled in the case as she was working closely with the ACP. Stakes are high, but will Prak ...more
Vinay Leo R.
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on A Bookworm’s Musing: http://wp.me/p2J8yh-2Xb

Points in favor:
+ The plot idea felt nice, given the beginning
+ The character of Prakash; well portrayed
+ Simple language, engaging narration from start to finish

Points against:
- Poor climax, could have been done better
- Rujuta’s affection for Prakash felt like it took too much attention

Has the potential to keep a crime fiction fan interested through the read!

Actual rating: 3.5 stars
Vinod
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
Setting was good, raised in hell main characters, but climax was a huge let down. The writer seems to have run out of ideas towards the end and settled for normalcy.

Really appalled by the reviews here.

Recommended only if you are travelling alone in a train and without any other book
Pratibha
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, indian-fiction
First thing ,I loved the cover of the book. And then the plot had enough to intrigue any reader. The opening chapter of the book set up the base of a dysfunctional family and the roots that Nidhi Kapoor comes from. The book then alternates between the past and the present randomly but always linked to one of the sins that humanity is plagued with.

Prakash Mohile is your hard working , never-at-fault ACP whose only relationship seems to be with Tambe , the inspector who follows all commands and kn
Allwin Jeba
Nov 21, 2014 rated it liked it
The Rajuta Singh Story

I am not sure why Author chose to name the book as the The Nidhi Kapoor story as the story mainly revolves around Rajuta the photo journalist.
Nia
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Namrata Ganti
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book falls into the category of a psychological thriller. It highlights the various events in the life of an actor who was the star of Bollywood. Nishant Kapoor starts off as a poor boy looking to make it big and ends up as the star of Bollywood. The author goes into detail about the trials he faces and how his life changes. The story is set at a time when Nidhi, Nishant’s second daughter is at the peak of her acting career. The police are called in when her pets are found dead in the house ...more
Saravanan Pandi
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Author, Saurabh Garg has to be appreciated for his narration which made reading interesting and page turning.

The story starts with the brutal killing of three pets in the home of famous actress, Nidhi Kapoor. Soon also followed by fire break in the sets of film in which Nidhi Kapoor acts.

The assailant has to be found out by ACP Prakash Mohile and also by a Photojournalist, Rujuta who got entwined in this mysterious case accidently.

Author introduces each of the main characters of the story with t
Sonali
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I picked this book for an upcoming weekend tour… and finished on the first day itself. I couldn’t keep the book down. The book takes you on a thrilling ride that ends in a suspense that will shock you. The characters are real with real emotional problems. There are no fake superheroes or supervillians. It’s a story of regular people plagued with human emotions making them vulnerable and real. They have their own strengths that helps them deal with their problems and pain. You will get immersed i
Vivek Gawri
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Page turner is a claim that every thriller makes but very few actually are.

This book on the other hand, totally lives up to its genre of thriller. It is simply UNPUTDOWNABLE once you start it!

It is a story of a reigning female star who finds her pets murdered one day in her bungalow. The case is handed over to Mumbai police and roller coaster starts with police trying to prevent any further incident while the murderer hellbent on leaving a mark.

Its an easy read with about 200 pages but be prepa
Jairam Mohan
Nov 26, 2014 rated it liked it
With this book, Saurabh Garg has crafted quite a well paced crime thriller narrative where the action and suspense keep increasing in pace until they all lead to the final climax. Although the movie has the film industry as the backdrop, it only acts as a prop for the characters to be placed in while the overall narrative is strictly that of a crime thriller.

With likeable protagonists in ACP Prakash Mohile and photojournalist Rujuta Singh, the author also manages to give us a fairly good team w
Shweta Kesari
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Through the voice of protagonist author wishes to convey the life of a dejected child , which turns out to be a copacetic variance in the reader's taste.The story, in combination with pain and sorrow, dishes up variety of flavors to the readers that too with utmost sincerity.If we talk about the supply of oomph, through the series of events it pass on to readers, it keeps reader's senses alive and energized.

Read Full Review here : http://madhyapradesh.johntext.de/revi...
Nikhil Uprety
Nov 20, 2014 rated it liked it
The book builds the suspense very well up till the climax which appeared a bit cliche according to me. The story was real and believable, the characterization was good barring the main character Nidhi Kapoor who was given less space as compared to the police inspector and the journalist helping him. Could have done a better characterization of Nidhi Kapoor. Over all a good read was able to hook me up till the end but as i said the climax could have been better.
Jaibala
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
What does a Bollywood Superstar, an ACP in the police department and a Photojournalist have in common? Nothing, unless they are the characters of The Nidhi Kapoor Story, which is so well conceived by Saurabh Garg.

Read the full review here
Ammu Nair
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
a complete suspense packed book.this book is divided in 5 parts and each part will take you to a different journey and love and hate the charecters prakash and rutujas journey to solve the case.its totally gripping.
the downside of the book is nothing though there are two parts I hate it but doesn't impact the book

overall a very murdery and suspense thriller book
Shubhi
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best novels I have ever read. Considering this is Saurabh Garg's first novel, I am sure this is THE BEST first time author novel.
I dint want to keep the book down, even though I was travelling and needed my sleep badly, I could not keep the book down.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Aruna Kumar Gadepalli
Interesting thriller from the first time full length writer of fiction. The narrative part is reasonably good.
Riju Ganguly
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
From the teaser that had accompanied the book at Amazon, a connoisseur, or merely an avid reader of crime fiction and thriller genre, can easily make out who and why done-it. However, as they say about life, fiction is often about the journey and pleasure one derives from reading all the stuff, rather than being shocked or surprised by the conclusion. On the basis of that yardstick, this book was truly enjoyable.
I didn't take away one star for the entirely predictable ending. Instead, I expresse
Gopesh P
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good One...

Many twists are there. Good one to enjoy if you are a lover of thrillers. But certain scenarios the author could have made better.
Rachna
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reviewers Blog - http://blog.rachnagupta.in/

Name of Book - The Nidhi Kapoor Story

Price - 175

Publishers – Grapevine India - http://www.grapevineindia.com/

Blurb -

Just when Nidhi Kapoor, a leading Bollywood actress, was to start shooting for her much anticipated film, unwarranted incidents start to happen around her. Her pets are found maimed in her very home. An anonymous letter threatening her and her family is discovered in her study.

The high-profile case forces ACP Prakash Mohile to lead the in
Pankaj Goyal
I give ‘three stars’ to ‘The Nidhi Kapoor Story’ by Saurabh Garg. While the book didn’t fulfil my expectations on certain fronts, it was well-written and featured some likable characters. As the title of the book suggests the story of this book revolves around Nidhi Kapoor, a leading Bollywood actress. Her father Nishant Kapoor was also a top Bollywood actor in his own time. He was even known as the undisputed king of Bollywood. While Nidhi Kapoor was to start her much expected film, strange eve ...more
Nancy Nance
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Also on http://thequintessentialbibliophile.w...

Crime Fiction has always been my favorite genre. So when the posts of ‘The Nidhi Kapoor Story’ started filling my Facebook homepage, I got really curious to read it. An Indian author, writing a Crime Fiction and not a Love Story, how could I have missed it? Just when I was thinking to buy the book, I got an e-mail from the author for the book review request and I immediately accepted it. I was like ‘wow’. (Lucky me)

Talking about the book, the stor
Meghant Parmar
Feb 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Kapoor's are a powerful family. The facade of riches from the outside but from the inside the entire melee takes a different outlook. So what happens when the past entwines with the present to spill out some demons which could have otherwise been buried in the closed casket? Who is responsible for the entire fiasco? Is it somebody from the outside or an insider who bears long lost grudge? Or will it be redemption for the Kapoor's from the anomalies of the past and the present? That's what the st ...more
Crystal
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indian-fiction
Nidhi Kapoor is the Bollywood Star of the generation. She inherits her legacy from her father, Nishant Kapoor and has been consistently making her mark on Bollywood. However, just when everything seems perfect, strange things begin to happen which effect Nidhi and all around her.ACP Prakash and Rutuja, a photo journalist are out to solve the case in time and in the process get to understand each other better than ever.

What I initially thought would be a cookie cutter story, I am happy I was stum
Kritika Narula
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Originally at So many books, So little time
Without any circumlocution, let me tell the prospective readers: this is the most well-crafted story of the contemporary times. The mystery is huge, yet palatable, the thrill is unvarying and consistent, the plot line is well thought-out. There have been so many points to admire about this book, I am compelled to enumerate them, so not to leave out any.

A lot of thought, research and plotting has gone into scripting this masterpiece. Honestly, coming f
Nitin Vadher
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow, very nice an interesting crime thriller from the beginning. The author has very well represented five major weakness of human beings i.e. Kaam, Krodh, Lobh, Moh and hankarr. Starting from the author’s note this book is very captivating. I generally don’t read the books on bollywood because it doesn’t appeal me, so when the author asked me to review his book I thought let’s try, but after reading this book I must say if I have not read this novel then I would have missed a good novel.
There
Satrajit Sanyal
Jun 07, 2016 rated it liked it
The plot revolves around a Bollywood who's who family and their deep secrets coming to bite them finally. I will not reveal much about the plot as it would give away the story. The book feels more like a movie script rather than a novel. The author goes to great extent to explain everything, every word their meaning and the local context. Which according t
Anusha  Sridharan
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Saurabh has this art of taking you to past and bringing you back to the present, just in the right way. Throughout the story, you'll keep wondering, 'Who is behind all of this?', 'Isn't this the character I think it is?'. Well, as you go ahead with the book, you'll find speck of suspense flowing in. You'll wonder if the fate of the characters could have been any better but then you will understand why the story went the way it did. And in the end, you'll ask yourself, 'What was this all for?' an ...more
Hemantkumar Jain
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
Nice set of characters and author developed them nicely. Even the death/murder of characters was pretty nicely timed and it had its own shock value. In fact, the 2 stars I give are on account of the 'good' use of the murders and an otherwise nicely written novel ...

Only 2 stars.

I could have given it a 3 if not for the several unanswered loose ends left in the story and the basic plot not making sense to me personally.

I could have given it a 4 ... but for the highly predictable plot line and l
Tarang Sinha
The story manages to keep you hooked but I won't deny that at some points it loses the grip and seems a little distracted. The book cover is nice, but, I didn't like the font (I am mentioning it because it affects my reading. Strange but it does!)

Overall, for me it was an average read (Please understand it's not my favourite genre) but if you like reading Crime suspense thriller, it can be an interesting read for you.

Read the full review Here: http://tarangsinha.blogspot.in/2015/0...
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Which character did you like the most? 1 5 Nov 19, 2014 12:18AM
  • Fraudster
  • Compass Box Killer (Inspector Virkar, #1)
  • R.I.P
  • Lethal Spice
  • The Hunt for Kohinoor (Mehrunisa Trilogy, #2)
  • The Other Side Of The Table
  • Fire in the Blood
  • The Case Of The Fabulous Fake
  • Dozakhnama
  • The Smoke is Rising
  • The Rise of Hastinapur (Hastinapur, #2)
  • Never Say Never
  • Palm's Foster Home for Peculiar Stories
  • The Karachi Deception
  • Without You
  • The Lost Shinmahs (Shinmahs, #1)
  • Ganesha Goes to Lunch: Classics From Mystic India
Curious marketeer by the day, Saurabh Garg is a storyteller by the night. The Nidhi Kapoor story is his first full-length story.

Apart from writing, Saurabh is passionate about startups, travel and poker. When he is not working on creating characters and plots for his upcoming stories, he likes to meet and talk to other interesting people and ask them stupid questions that often don't have answers
More about Saurabh Garg...