Start by marking “SWAMPED (Lola Polenta Mystery Book 1)” as Want to Read:
SWAMPED (Lola Polenta Mystery Book 1)

SWAMPED (Lola Polenta Mystery Book 1)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  72 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Nobody goes to Florida in June. Except Lola Polenta. But, when you’re running away from your awful marriage, your boring teaching career and your life in New Jersey, you have to run to somewhere, right?

Except what happens when, if on the first night in your new home, you’re walking your dog and you trip and fall on top of a dead guy? What happens when the detective invest
Published September 11th 2014 by Deadly Niche Press

To ask other readers questions about SWAMPED, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SWAMPED

Kristen
Oct 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, own, serial-cozy
In Sandy Gingras's Swamped, the first installment in the Lola Polenta cozy mystery series, this debut would keep you hooked on every page. Lola left her husband and teaching career in New Jersey and headed for the hills to live in Florida to start a new life. She started talking PI lessons over the Internet and lives in a trailer park community near the Everglades. But when one of her neighbors wounded up clobbered in the head with a golf club, it was up to Lola to talk to her neighbors. She lea ...more
Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
I really enjoyed this book! After trying to read a couple of duds that I couldn't even finish, this one set me back on the course of finding books that I enjoy. A little off-kilter humor-wise, but in a good way. I liked the twists and turns and the possibilities that this book brings. Looks like it could be the first of a new series, but would also make a great stand-alone...
Barbie
Sep 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I impulsively bought this book when in How to Live. To me, the best way to describe it is, Stephanie Plum Light. Not my favorite read. I thought the main character, Lola Polenta, reminded me of Stephanie, divorced, a bit lost, finding criminals, always getting into trouble, but didn't have the substance of an Evanovich book. I found the characters confusing to follow and vastly strange. It's an okay summer read with some humor, but disappointing to me.
Mary
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Lola's marriage and her life are falling apart. Even though she has never had that good a relationship with her father, when her marriage collapses she decides to head down to Florida and become a private investigator like dad. She is given a place to live, a ramshackle trailer house that is hanging at a slant on the edge of the swamp, hence the title. Lola is blundering through the process of getting her license so she can become a legitimate PI and not get her father's firm into trouble. She d ...more
Ann
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Zany, quirky, fun, entertaining - this book is all of these things.

We follow Lola into the swamp in Florida where she hopes to get her life back together. Instead she finds herself thrown into a murder mystery.
Will she be able to pass her PI test and join her fathers company as a detective?
What will happen to her love life? Can she solve all the mysteries around her with the aid of her new friends?

All will be revealed by the end of the story. A delightfully different murder mystery with an un
Kimber
Apr 12, 2016 added it
Boring

I really tried to like this but Lola the LC was a sad sack with no direction or personality, no umph. So boring I found myself racing to 'get it over with' just so I could be done and get to a better book. Even her dog wasn't interesting or gave her any depth. She told the dog to eat & it did, let's walk & it did, get in the car & it did ad nauseam.
Susan
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Lola Polenta decides to leave her husband and travel to Florida to meet up with her father, an ex-cop, now P.I. because she decides that is what she wants to do now. Her first night she discovers a body at the trailer park she is staying.
Linda Cole
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very good

Really enjoyed this book. I liked Lola and all her friends at the trailer park. The mystery was intriguing and hard to solve
Sheri Reynolds
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

This was such a funny story. Love the way it flows and I seriously laughed out loud a lot. What a great change of pace.
Tom
Jan 20, 2016 rated it liked it
An OK read but the writing was a bit dull.
Lynn Horton
Mar 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
Swamped

Could not get into this. Found it boring. Would not recommend, but then again, it might just be me. End.
scott bertelsen